zeitgeist is the pumpkins 3rd grand masterpiece

124»

Comments

• vedhead011vedhead011 Posts: 300
    danny72688 wrote:
    My man I can hook you up with all three mp3s if you shoot me an email. I warn you though.....Death From Above is fucking bad.....and I don't mean bad as good.

What a very nice offer, thank you. But I was able to find links to Zeitgeist and Stellar on the netphoria board, and I'll get the fucking bad (as in horrible) song off the Best Buy version.

But thank you, seriously.
    AskPearlJam: PearlJama101-guest says: Who's idea was it for Eddie to play banjo on "Soon Forget"?
    Eddie: I don't know whose idea it was but it was turned down.
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    vedhead011 wrote:
    What a very nice offer, thank you. But I was able to find links to Zeitgeist and Stellar on the netphoria board, and I'll get the fucking bad (as in horrible) song off the Best Buy version.

But thank you, seriously.
    No problem :cool:

I had to search out Stellar and DFA, but it took like, 5 minutes tops :D

And DFA is really, really bad ;) I suggest not getting the version with it, it'll destroy the rest of the CD lol!!
  • I like this album more with each listen, but it still doesn't touch Mellon Collie or Siamese Dream.
    If you're headed to the grave,
    you don't blame the hearse.

07/09/03, 05/05/06, 06/01/06, 06/03/06
  • You've got 24 posts and I believe all of them are about the Pumpkins.

:cool:

Dont' really understand your post? I have been a part of the Pearl Jam online comunity since 2400 baud modems were super high-tech.

I love lots of bands and music in general, just so happens SP is one of my favorite bands and have a lot of new material right now. One of the reasons I love this "Other Music" board so much is you get to read a lot of what other people are in to. Anyways, hope this answers your question or comment correctly.
  • Ava17adore wrote:
    Dont' really understand your post? I have been a part of the Pearl Jam online comunity since 2400 baud modems were super high-tech.

I love lots of bands and music in general, just so happens SP is one of my favorite bands and have a lot of new material right now. One of the reasons I love this "Other Music" board so much is you get to read a lot of what other people are in to. Anyways, hope this answers your question or comment correctly.
    close enough. didn't really need an answer. :p
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    So how many copies did everyone buy today?!!

Me...I bought the Target version, iTunes version, Best Buy version, and Book version. All kickass!!
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
    So how many copies did everyone buy today?!!

Me...I bought the Target version, iTunes version, Best Buy version, and Book version. All kickass!!
    Ha! I thought I was diehard :D (Guess I'm a cheap diehard haha)
  • DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    I don't think I would ever buy 4 editions of the same album unless the difference between them is that one includes a golden ticket for which can be used to tour some kind of chocolate factory.
  • hailhail82hailhail82 Posts: 330
    I don't think I would ever buy 4 editions of the same album unless the difference between them is that one includes a golden ticket for which can be used to tour some kind of chocolate factory.

Well, if only one came with that you'd only have to buy that one.
    Using the word "methinks" in your message board posts doesn't make you look smart.
    I agree (I think if you did it right you could've gotten them all by buying two versions (preorder iTunes for DFA and Stellar, then Target for Zeitgeist)), but I do think the different cover colors and select bonus track is a cool idea. (Since it's so easy to get the ones you missed that doesn't bug me at all). Makes the hunt more interesting 'cause you're gonna pick the best one for you and the next guy may be after another edition.

*shrugs*
  • So how many copies did everyone buy today?!!

Same here, my friend.
    If you're headed to the grave,
    you don't blame the hearse.

07/09/03, 05/05/06, 06/01/06, 06/03/06
    DFA isn't on the iTunes version. And this is a rock album, not pokemon. The idea of hunting for different versions is not only stupid, but sorta pisses me off. What happened to just releasing one album with the same tracklist? IMO, if they aren't on the original/standard track list they are B-sides and shouldn't have been on the album at all.
    DFA isn't on the iTunes version. And this is a rock album, not pokemon. The idea of hunting for different versions is not only stupid, but sorta pisses me off. What happened to just releasing one album with the same tracklist? IMO, if they aren't on the original/standard track list they are B-sides and shouldn't have been on the album at all.
    Yeah DFA is lame...

Just look at it like this....these "bonus tracks" are B-Sides. How would you have gotten ahold of them if they weren't spread out over different album releases? CD singles...that's right CD singles. Pearl Jam does it too (well used to when they actually released B-Sides ;)). So if there were three B-Sides spread out over three CD singles that's roughly $5 a piece for one song.

(and my bad about the iTunes....that was the European iTunes preorder and they got Stellar and Zeitgeist).
    danny72688 wrote:
    Yeah DFA is lame...

Just look at it like this....these "bonus tracks" are B-Sides. How would you have gotten ahold of them if they weren't spread out over different album releases? CD singles...that's right CD singles. Pearl Jam does it too (well used to when they actually released B-Sides ;)). So if there were three B-Sides spread out over three CD singles that's roughly $5 a piece for one song.

Which is better than $10-$15 for one song when having to rebuy the entire album.
    Which is better than $10-$15 for one song when having to rebuy the entire album.
    Not saying it's better but you'd have to pay for them (unless you download) regardless, and that's not just this band. That's the point I was getting at. I actually think singles are stupid because those are for the fans that only like the song they heard on the radio, yet they get the B-Side which would be what the diehard wants. B-Sides should be released as an EP at the end of the album run for the diehards in my opinion.

I understand where you are coming from too, guess I just accepted it and made the best of it.
  • manonkouchmanonkouch Posts: 56
    I got the Target version, the 76 page book and pre-ordered the vinyl.
  • orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
    I just listened to this album for the first time and I must say, I am extremely disappointed. And all this talk about different versions at different stores is really raising the lame level. Having said that, does anyone know where I can get all of the "bonus tracks"?
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • pumpkins fan also but not about to buy the same cd four times to get the bonus songs. If anyone has a link to the mp3 versions of the bonus tunes it would be greatly appreciated........
    8-7-92 Lollapalooza
    4-10-94 Boston
    8-30-00 Mansfield
    7-2-03 Mansfield
    7-3-03 Mansfield
    7-11-03 Mansfield
    5-24-06 Boston
    5-25-06 Boston
    6-27-08 Hartford
    6-28-08 Mansfield
    6-30-08 Mansfield
    Send me your email.

(My version of Death From Above is really loud through headphones, but only through headphones--it's normal in all other players I've tried. If anyone has one ripped from Zeitgeist they'd be willing to send me that'd be sweet).
  • MLB5150MLB5150 Posts: 70
    Did any one see on Live Earth, after the first song, Billy turn around to Jimmy Chamberlain and shouted, "Shut the fuck up"!

Whats the deal with that?!? Was Jimmy too loud? It seems impossible to play overly loud on mic-ed drums. Also Billy put an ear piece in before, "Bullet with butterfly wings."
    "Who did you say you were, replacing might for miracles?" - ajc
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    danny72688 wrote:
    Send me your email.

(My version of Death From Above is really loud through headphones, but only through headphones--it's normal in all other players I've tried. If anyone has one ripped from Zeitgeist they'd be willing to send me that'd be sweet).
    just got em, thanks
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    AndySlash wrote:
    well thats like your opinion, man

the dude!
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
    just got em, thanks
    No problem.