Tool

124»

Comments

• svanzonsvanzon Posts: 28
    ^ Yea, I'm not all that into the experimental tracks on the albums.. But hell, all of their albums are one hell of a listen and an artistic experience.. Its crazy.. I love Tool (not as much as PJ of course, but thats a far stretch). The experimental tracks is like packaging around the awesome songs for me.. but it takes a while to get into..
    13/06/2007 - Katowice, Poland

... may there be many more to come
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    Hey, I'm gonna go see Tool tomorrow night. Tickets say the show's at 8pm. Is there an opening band? Also, what time should I expect Tool to hit the stage?

I prefer to show up just to see Tool.

Thanks
  • hodgehodge Posts: 519
    same
    they take stage at 9
    opening band is Big Business i believe

should be a great show, praying we get Pushit or Flood
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    Thanks Hodge
  • funkymonkfunkymonk Posts: 279
    hodge wrote:
    same
    they take stage at 9
    opening band is Big Business i believe

should be a great show, praying we get Pushit or Flood

I thought it was a band called Melt Banana.
  • hodgehodge Posts: 519
    it was
    BB's first show is tonight in canada
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • upina2001upina2001 Posts: 764
    I saw Tool Sat. night in Fort Wayne, Indiana, and it was fucking AWESOME!!! Best "HARD" rock show I have ever been to!!! Maynard is worth the price of admission himself, however the music was just as phenominal. I have never been to a Tool show before, and wasnt really a fan until 5 years ago. BUt GOD DAMN, they fucking blew my lid Sat. night, and no, I was completely sober!!!! I stood there at times, jaw dropped, and amazed. The light show was something that resembled a Pink Floyd show, ....dead fucking serious. Unreal. They played close to 2 hours straight (only took a 5 minute break, in which the ENTIRE band sat out front, next to the drum kit, instead of bolting to a backroom behind stage.)
    All in all I was amazed, and I havent stopped talking about it. I would suggest anyone that hasnt seen them needs to go. I know Im ready to see them again.

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• ArctangentArctangent Posts: 614
    Haijay wrote:
    wings for marie?, lipan conjuring?.They only have two good songs per record,come on man,(or woman)

only two good songs per record? vicarious, jambi, wings for marie, 10,000 days (wings part 2), the pot... that's five amazing songs just off the last album. you generally have to accept that tool will record these little interludes like lipan conjouring (every album since aenema has had them)... and then you have lost keys/rosetta stoned and right in two. viginti tres is a bit kind of interludey but its a pretty good future sound of london tribute.

see, not a bad song to be had there. i could do that with every album but it won't change your mind so i won't bother.
  • Finally got to see Tool live for the first time ever last night in Chicago (well, technically it was the northwest suburbs). AWESOME SHOW! I intentionally stayed sober the entire night just to be able to take it all in as best I could. Maynard has an awesome stage energy, even though he stays mostly towards the back of the stage. I had seats on the wing in section 119, which gave me a perfect view of Danny's drumming, which was great. He was playing complicated polyrhythms like it was no big deal.

The sound mix wasn't the greatest. Too much bass, couldn't hear the mids on the guitar, and Maynard's voice would get lost when he sang the soft stuff. But when they kicked into a chorus or passage when Maynard really projected his voice, it was unreal. Light show was fantastic too.

I would have liked to hear a little more of the older stuff, especially something off of Opiate, but the setlist was fine.