worst band you know of thread!

Comments

• Any band with "The" in it, except for The White Stripes.
    "All the rusted signs we ignore throughout our lives"--Ed
  • NYCPJNYCPJ Posts: 764
    Nickelback
    Kid Rock
    Styx
    REO Speedwagon
    6/3/06 (East Rutherford 2)
    6/24/08 (MSG1)
    6/25/08 (MSG2)
    7/1/08 (Beacon Theater -NYC)
    10/30/09 (Philly3)
    5/18/10 (Newark, NJ)
    5/20/10 (MSG1)
    5/21/10 (MSG2)
    10/18/13 (Brooklyn 1)
    10/19/13 (Brooklyn 2)
    5/1/16 (MSG 1)
    5/2/16 (MSG 2)
    3/30/20 (MSG)
    9/3/24 I(MSG1)
    9/4/24 (MSG 2)
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Pretty much yeah :D I mean, it's definitely challenging and not pleasant to listen to per se but people that only listen to pleasant music are depriving themselves of the full range of emotions that music can evoke. I'd never use the word "enjoyable" to describe Merzbow but I might use "visceral", "intense" and "makes you extremely uncomfortable" and, to me, all of those things are descriptions of music that I'd find appealing.

Funny, MASSIVE HEADACHE and BLEEDING FROM THE EARS IN AGONY WHILE SQUEALING ON THE GROUND IN PAIN aren't very appealing to me. But to each his own, I guess.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,978
    Any band with "The" in it, except for The White Stripes.
    No, they suck too. :p

Maybe not out and out suck, but they're way overhyped IMHO.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    tcaporale wrote:
    Funny, MASSIVE HEADACHE and BLEEDING FROM THE EARS IN AGONY WHILE SQUEALING ON THE GROUND IN PAIN aren't very appealing to me. But to each his own, I guess.
    All I ask from music is that it provokes a strong reaction. I have no demands for harmonic variation and sweet melodies from every artist. I can always listen to another for that. My point is, just because Merzbow doesn't appeal to the sensibilities of one music fan, that doesn't mean another music fan who does like it is satisfied with shit music, nor does it mean the music is indeed shit.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • imalive wrote:

Maybe overhyped but I don't think they suck. I don't even listen to them that much, to be honest with you. But the times I do put their CD on, it rocks out!
    "All the rusted signs we ignore throughout our lives"--Ed
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    mbangel10 wrote:
    How is that a retarded song to cover? It's a classic song by a classic band being covered by a newly classic rock band... that's kind of like saying Pearl Jam covering Baba O'Reilly or Rockin' in the Free World is retarded.

For FNM to even attempt to cover a song by The Bee Gees that was sung in a falsetto voice, and pull it off successfully, kind of shows how diverse and talented the band and Mike Patton is (to me at least).

And to add to the list and not just defend musicians listed here, I'll toss in Wolfmother. They sound like regurgitated hard rock from the 1970's with not an iota of originality thrown in.

it's a retarded song only because i don't like it! i love baba o'reilly and RITFW so when PJ covers them, it's not retarded!

that's my reasoning~
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    GG Allin
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
    GG Allin
    I reckon ol' Jesus Christ Allin toed the line between genius and diabolical just closely enough that he deserves at least some sort of respect, even if he was a sick, untalented bastard. He was at least committed :p
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,858
    Metallica

Ive understood how people can listen to that band.

Hetfield is the worst singer. Rob Zombie and gwar are up there.
  • xSmackSoundxxSmackSoundx Posts: 479
    imalive wrote:

yay for absurd generalizations!!!!!
  • petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    Good Charlette
    Creed
    Panic at the Disco
    My Chemical Romance
    Fall Out Boy
    Adema
    Nickleback
    Journey

the list is endless
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Kiss is definitely the worst, but today one of my employees played a LIMP BISCUIT album.... holy shit that sucked. They have to be a close second.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • Good charlotte
    simple plan

worst whiny music ever that thinks it rocks...
    ...The Moon is Rollin' Round....
  • Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    May not be the worst I know of, but the worst live show I think I have ever seen was Silvertide....awful. I don't know if it was the sound plus the fact that I had never heard them before, but just a horrible show
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all

• agreed on ICP and the music/ artist related to it. Black Lotus I think is one of them. I lived in Ruidoso, NM one year and my sister and her friends loved this "music", as did several other people I met. I'd never heard it before, but that is some extremely trashy shit. I never knew white trash had their own music till I heard that shit. (makes kid rock look like radiohead)
  • ThecureThecure Posts: 814
    although i still say that the sex pistols are the worst band here is another for all of you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HejVjzhKTY

i won't tell you the band as i want everyone to just have a bed taste in their mouth.

sorry if it is rude.
    People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
    - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me."
    - Alice Roosevelt Longworth (1884-1980)
  • Those of you saying "boy bands", well those are not bands. Do they play instruments? Then they are not a band! Why does it take four or five guys to sing a song? I don't understand the concept! Kind of like the Spice girls, they were horrible.

Also, those that said Oasis are obviously deaf. Oasis is not a horrible band. In fact they were great!

Now those of you who said KISS and Limp Biskit.....very well thought out! :)

Judas Priest, Poison, Steelheart, Cinderella, and probably Motorhead were some of the most terrible.

Fall out Boy, The killers, & My chemical romance suck!
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine"
  • Those of you saying "boy bands", well those are not bands. Do they play instruments? Then they are not a band! Why does it take four or five guys to sing a song? I don't understand the concept! Kind of like the Spice girls, they were horrible.

Also, those that said Oasis are obviously deaf. Oasis is not a horrible band. In fact they were great!

Now those of you who said KISS and Limp Biskit.....very well thought out! :)

Judas Priest, Posion, Steelheart, Cinderella, and probably Motorhead were some of the most terrible.

Fuck it. Cinderella were awesome. :D
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.

Fuck it. Cinderella were awesome. :D

Yeah, Cinderella were great. One of the best of that era. They had a more classic, less 80s sound than their contemporaries.
  • Yeah, Cinderella were great. One of the best of that era. They had a more classic, less 80s sound than their contemporaries.

At least they had the grace to be a low-rent AC/DC rather than a low-rent Motley Crue. :p
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • At this point, I'm saying:

1 KISS
    2 ICP & related shit
    3 Limp Biscuit
  • ICP has to be up there

hon mention. Fall Out Boy, MCR, Panic at the Disco
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
    ICP has to be up there

hon mention. Fall Out Boy, MCR, Panic at the Disco
    Fall Out Boy are awesome. The others can go to hell.
  • forgot about the Canadian content

Nickelback and Simple Plan.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Nickelback, hands down. Creed is a close second.
    Oh he fills it up with the love of a girl...
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    I know they aren't really the "worst" bands out there.....but out of the bands I am forced to hear on the local alt-rock station played at work.....my votes would go to:

Live
    Nickelback
    Three Days Grace
    Hinder
    Theory Of A Deadman
    Stone Sour
    Blue October
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • ProgFan511ProgFan511 Posts: 51
    Panic at the disco
    fall out boy
    paramore
    nickelback
    seether
    avenged sevenfold
    aiden
    kid rock
    limp bizkit
    korn
    6/22/08 DC
  • ProgFan511ProgFan511 Posts: 51
    For me, it's Linkin Park. Was at friends' house recently, and he's a big fan. He threw in a concert DVD of the band and was shocked when I said I never liked them. Every fucking song sounds the same. Same guitar tone, power chords, etc etc blah blah.

Also in the running on my list for stinkiest shit:

Nickelback
    Limp Bizkit
    Taproot
    Journey
    Rush

Im sry and i know its all opinons, but Rush is soo fn amazing. Neil Peart=Best live drummer alive.
    6/22/08 DC