worst band you know of thread!

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,978
    Kiss, none of yall have named a band worse than kiss. Of the bands I recognize anyway. Kiss's best song was the disco song, their rock sucks so so bad. No one in the band can sing or write melodies. They are only famous for their make up and dress, nothing to do with the actual music. Its really this f-ing bad with them.
    I kinda agree, but PJ covers them......so WTF?? :p
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    pft.. guess i forgot to mention that i wanted proof of how horrible a band is!

post and MP3 or some video to prove how horrible music can get!

they don't have to be mainstream bands either... just anything thats considered a band that made some sort of noise that for some reason people listen to!
  • IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    I Tokoyo Police Club live, and I walked out. It was the worst thing I've ever seen.

I agree..I haven't seen them live, but I keep seeing their name on all these music websites and stuff...when I actually looked them up I wanted to stab my ears. Another one of these shaggy hair skinny pant indie emo type bullshit bands. Their lead singer needs a swift punch to the face. I'd kick him in the balls too but he obviously has none. Fuckin' sick of these types of bands.
  • imalive wrote:
    I kinda agree, but PJ covers them......so WTF?? :p
    heh, McCready has terrible taste in music ;)
  • MrSmith wrote:

I bet pro wrestling fans like Kiss. I wonder if Mike is a pro wrestling fan. The lyrics he writes... he could be a wrestling fan. I love his guitar playing though.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870
    MrSmith wrote:

altho UFO kicked major ass, back in the day! :D

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • paddypaddy Posts: 104
    My Morning Jacket. Awful, awful mediocre country rock.
    Hello, is there anybody in there?
  • paddy wrote:
    My Morning Jacket. Awful, awful mediocre country rock.

Are you really going to call a "mediocre" band the worst band you know? :confused:

(MMJ rock buttons)
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
    here is another one...

i had the unfortunate experience of seeing them open for Tool during the Lateralus tour at MSG... for some reason there is a lot of love for him... i just don't get it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mwrMdusKOMw
  • lephty wrote:
    here is another one...

i had the unfortunate experience of seeing them open for Tool during the Lateralus tour at MSG... for some reason there is a lot of love for him... i just don't get it.

Because he also does stuff like this...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4J-9k13zWLQ

He's pretty much the best vocalist in rock music, regardless of some of the weird things he does with his voice.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
    Because he also does stuff like this...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4J-9k13zWLQ

He's pretty much the best vocalist in rock music, regardless of some of the weird things he does with his voice.

feh... i don't care how awesome his voice can be... i really don't like any of the music he has made or helped make, and that cover, although it shows a great voice, is still a retarded song to cover~
  • panic at the disco
    linkin park
    creed
    nickelback
  • paddypaddy Posts: 104
    Are you really going to call a "mediocre" band the worst band you know? :confused:

(MMJ rock buttons)
    A mediocre country rock band, I think you'll find.

Have you listened to good country rock? Do you know how much that sucks?
    Hello, is there anybody in there?
  • Strangest TribeStrangest Tribe Posts: 2,502
    lephty wrote:
    here is another one...

YOU!!!!!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGH!!

YOU!!!! need to know MIKE PATTON is GOD,

................you will be forsaken
    the Minions
  • paddy wrote:

Doesn't really sound like you've listened to much MMJ, to be honest. They started out as a folk band, and have come to a point where they're a rock band, a funk/r'n'b band and a 70's pop band all in one.

And I still think writing country rock off completely is a mistake, but hey, each to their own.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    The only people worse than rabid Merzbow fans who think every piece he ever recorded is seminal are people that think his music is worthless noise.

There's more to music than melody you know. Textures, timbre, rhythm. Not enough artists explore these. I'm not a big fan of Akita but he's a talented man.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
    paddy wrote:

Who do you like for "good country rock?" Just curious....

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • pearl jam, they suck live
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    The only people worse than rabid Merzbow fans who think every piece he ever recorded is seminal are people that think his music is worthless noise.

There's more to music than melody you know. Textures, timbre, rhythm. Not enough artists explore these. I'm not a big fan of Akita but he's a talented man.
    never heard Merzbow but i know the name from the records he cut w/ Boris. i heard Merzbow makes music to destroy your speakers. hahaa.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    never heard Merzbow but i know the name from the records he cut w/ Boris. i heard Merzbow makes music to destroy your speakers. hahaa.
    Pretty much yeah :D I mean, it's definitely challenging and not pleasant to listen to per se but people that only listen to pleasant music are depriving themselves of the full range of emotions that music can evoke. I'd never use the word "enjoyable" to describe Merzbow but I might use "visceral", "intense" and "makes you extremely uncomfortable" and, to me, all of those things are descriptions of music that I'd find appealing.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Angels and Airwaves. Hands down.

Tom DeLonge's voice makes me want to punch babies.
    "I feel the same way about disco as I do about herpes." - Dr. Hunter S. Thompson, 1977
  • mbangel10mbangel10 Posts: 548
    lephty wrote:
    here is another one...

He's in my top 5 of all time favorite musicians. Fantomas is a great band, and their album Director's Cut is unbelievable.

This clip is only part of a track off of Suspended Animation. Listened to in its entirety, it's pretty sweet.

Any guy that can pull this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt856_nRxQk) off live, rules. :)
    Pitt 98, Pitt 00, Cleveland 03, Pitt 03, State College 03, Toledo 04, Toronto 05, Pitt 05, Cleveland 06, Pitt 06 & Chicago 07, Chicago 1&2 09, Philly 2,3,4 09, Cleveland 10, Columbus 10, Alpine Valley 1& 2 11
    lephty wrote:
    feh... i don't care how awesome his voice can be... i really don't like any of the music he has made or helped make, and that cover, although it shows a great voice, is still a retarded song to cover~

How is that a retarded song to cover? It's a classic song by a classic band being covered by a newly classic rock band... that's kind of like saying Pearl Jam covering Baba O'Reilly or Rockin' in the Free World is retarded.

For FNM to even attempt to cover a song by The Bee Gees that was sung in a falsetto voice, and pull it off successfully, kind of shows how diverse and talented the band and Mike Patton is (to me at least).

And to add to the list and not just defend musicians listed here, I'll toss in Wolfmother. They sound like regurgitated hard rock from the 1970's with not an iota of originality thrown in.
    Pitt 98, Pitt 00, Cleveland 03, Pitt 03, State College 03, Toledo 04, Toronto 05, Pitt 05, Cleveland 06, Pitt 06 & Chicago 07, Chicago 1&2 09, Philly 2,3,4 09, Cleveland 10, Columbus 10, Alpine Valley 1& 2 11
  • LivLiv Posts: 11
    Madonna. I don't know, I just can't stand her...
  • SweetAndLowSweetAndLow Posts: 178
    For me, it's Linkin Park. Was at friends' house recently, and he's a big fan. He threw in a concert DVD of the band and was shocked when I said I never liked them. Every fucking song sounds the same. Same guitar tone, power chords, etc etc blah blah.

Also in the running on my list for stinkiest shit:

Nickelback
    Limp Bizkit
    Taproot
    Journey
    Rush
    2004: Toledo; Grand Rapids
    2006: Grand Rapids; Auburn Hills
    2009: Chicago
    2010: Columbus
    2011: East Troy (PJ20), both
    2013: Wrigley Field
    2014: Detroit
  • NickyNoochNickyNooch Posts: 629
    The Zs

Howard Stern "playing" them
    http://zzzsss.com/mp3/zs_stern.mp3

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

For me, it's Linkin Park. Was at friends' house recently, and he's a big fan. He threw in a concert DVD of the band and was shocked when I said I never liked them. Every fucking song sounds the same. Same guitar tone, power chords, etc etc blah blah.

Also in the running on my list for stinkiest shit:

Nickelback
    Limp Bizkit
    Taproot
    Journey
    Rush

I agree with everyone on your list except Journey. Maybe it's my age but I think Steve Perry has an amazing voice (and I'm not afraid to admit it! LOL).