worst band you know of thread!

lephtylephty Posts: 770
edited June 2008 in Other Music
we all love to bash crappy bands! so i was thinking we need a thread where we can post a video or whatever so we can all have a good laugh at how bad bands can be~

i nominate:

Treephort. funny story how i heard of them. a CD store in my area was going out of business and a friend of mine went there and saw a $1 CD table. all he wanted was to reach in and pick something out and hope that his $1 went to waste! he definitely succeeded. he got Treephort: Enchanted Forest... horrible

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qY9-OFXfDUE
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ThecureThecure Posts: 814
    I would have to say that the sex pistols are the worst band i know. i still can't believe that people have not realized that they were a manufactured band .... just like the boy band of today and yesteryears.
    People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
    - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me."
    - Alice Roosevelt Longworth (1884-1980)
  • HushBullHushBull Posts: 996
    lephty wrote:
    we all love to bash crappy bands! so i was thinking we need a thread where we can post a video or whatever so we can all have a good laugh at how bad bands can be~

i nominate:

Treephort. funny story how i heard of them. a CD store in my area was going out of business and a friend of mine went there and saw a $1 CD table. all he wanted was to reach in and pick something out and hope that his $1 went to waste! he definitely succeeded. he got Treephort: Enchanted Forest... horrible

You win.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
  • ByYourSideByYourSide Posts: 14
    lephty wrote:

i nominate:

Worst band ever.
    Now I can't really speak for Jesus, but I don't think he would like to be any part of that song/video. It would be embarrassing to be associated with that garbage....
  • Gossard_Is_GodGossard_Is_God Posts: 1,031
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Strangest TribeStrangest Tribe Posts: 2,502
    Kid Rock
    the Minions
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    Seriously? Come on now.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    adam42381 wrote:
    Seriously? Come on now.

Im very serious lol
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Thecure wrote:
    I would have to say that the sex pistols are the worst band i know. i still can't believe that people have not realized that they were a manufactured band .... just like the boy band of today and yesteryears.

Haha yeah, lol, that doesnt make them the worst band ever and when it comes down to it while the band was put together/manufactured if thats what you want to put it as, at least they wrote their own songs, manufactured boy bands tend to have their songs wrote for them in most instances.
    All that was really manufactured about the Pistols was Malcolm McClarens image and marketing of the group.
    You could then take the influence the Pistols had on the then non existant english punk scene and the influence they have had on music in the past 30+ years, The Sex Pistols are far from the worst band ever but pioneers of a generation.

Backstreet Boys
    New Kids on The Block
    Take That
    Limp Biscuit
    theres so mnay bad ones

NICKLEBACK. argument over.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • KISS - worst I've ever heard

Kid Rock had that cowboy song, but he pretty much total trash now.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Tokoyo Police Club
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Im very serious lol

please.......i can think of a hundred bands worse than them.

'what's the story morning glory' is pure, awesome british pop......of course the rest of their albums blow, but c'mon.......
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,854
    Goo Goo Dolls

Sometimes, the name of a band tells the whole story
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    Goo Goo Dolls

lol... very true :D
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
    Goo Goo Dolls

hey now. :p
  • JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,261
    Razorlight
    Bloc Party
    The Warlords of Pez
  • there is a local band being groomed as a watered down DMB call Benji Davis Project. They fucking suck so bad i was actually angry at them for sucking so bad.
  • mbangel10mbangel10 Posts: 548
    Goo Goo Dolls

I love those guys! No way are they the worst. I've listened to them since 1990, and Hold Me Up is still one of my favorite albums. I remember when they used to autograph everything using the last name Goo; good times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbiuuF9qcNg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiun7b2OPT8&
    Pitt 98, Pitt 00, Cleveland 03, Pitt 03, State College 03, Toledo 04, Toronto 05, Pitt 05, Cleveland 06, Pitt 06 & Chicago 07, Chicago 1&2 09, Philly 2,3,4 09, Cleveland 10, Columbus 10, Alpine Valley 1& 2 11
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    mbangel10 wrote:
    I love those guys! No way are they the worst. I've listened to them since 1990, and Hold Me Up is still one of my favorite albums. I remember when they used to autograph everything using the last name Goo; good times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbiuuF9qcNg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiun7b2OPT8&

I love them too...:(

I really think Nickelback is horrendous..they are so friggin generic...my sister loves them and it pisses her off when i make fun of them. ick...
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • The_Fixer The_Fixer Posts: 255
    libragirl wrote:
    I love them too...:(

I really think Nickelback is horrendous.

That makes two of us.
    Montreal 08/20/98 | New York 09/11/98 | Wantagh 08/24/00 | Montreal 10/04/00 | Montreal 06/29/03 | Montreal 09/15/05
    Toronto 05/10/06 | Vancouver 04/02//08 (Ed) | Manchester 06/14/08 | Montreal 08/09/08 (Ed) | Montreal 08/10/08 (Ed) 
    Albany 06/08/09 (Ed) | Philadelphia 10/31/09 | Montreal 09/07/11 | Ottawa 05/08/16 | Brooklyn 04/07/17 (RRHOF)
    Dana Point 09/09/17 (Ed) | Rome 06/26/18
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Nickelback represent everything I hate about music, utterly vapid, uninspired shite of the very highest order. Truly loathsome. I would rather listen to Celine Dion than them, and that is saying something.
  • spnkrispnkri Posts: 137
    I was going to say Nickelback but since it's already been mentioned...I guess I'll pick Uncle Kracker. But if he doesn't count since he's a solo artist, how about Hinder? I think they're all equally horrible.
  • iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    Tokoyo Police Club
    that's just crazy talk! they're so fun to dance to...one of my favs :)

my worst band ever...fall out boy.
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • Tim O'TayTim O'Tay Posts: 6
    Lawnmower Deth

Need I say more?
  • Creed
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    iamsampj wrote:
    that's just crazy talk! they're so fun to dance to...one of my favs :)

my worst band ever...fall out boy.
    I Tokoyo Police Club live, and I walked out. It was the worst thing I've ever seen.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    I Tokoyo Police Club live, and I walked out. It was the worst thing I've ever seen.
    really?! i saw them open for cold war kids a couple years ago at a small club and they were fantastic! though, i wasn't a fan of their performance at lolla last year...it was just too big of a stage for their sound.

maybe they need to work on their live performance?! but...i really love their ep "a lesson in crime" and their new cd "elephant shell".

everyone has their preferences :)
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,978
    Kid Rock

:eek: :eek: I take it you're not in SENROCKS! Fave Five.
    Goo Goo Dolls

No fucking way. Perhaps not the best, but no way are they the worst.

I nominate Panic at the Disco.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Kiss, none of yall have named a band worse than kiss. Of the bands I recognize anyway. Kiss's best song was the disco song, their rock sucks so so bad. No one in the band can sing or write melodies. They are only famous for their make up and dress, nothing to do with the actual music. Its really this f-ing bad with them.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown