Your Favorite Instrumental Bands?

124»

Comments

• GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    Caspian!!
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    El Ten Eleven
    Saxon Shore
    Mono
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • GRIMMYGRIMMY Posts: 370
    Siger Ros!..very nice live
    grimmy
    El Ten Eleven
    Saxon Shore
    Mono

El Ten Eleven! good call.

Playing a show with them in a couple weeks. If you're in LA you should check it out
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    Really? You're playing a show with them? That's pretty rad.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I'm amazed and happy this thread is 7 pages long. :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • illfatedillfated Posts: 65
    illfated wrote:
    ISIS, while yes they do sing, but lyrics are short and sweet...song are all like 8 mins long...what a band.

I agree, been into ISIS for awhile now. Such a trip. Takes you somewhere then goes off and takes you on a different path. ISIS not for everyone but...Tool and Mogwai fans its a must.
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    Ive been going on about Mogwai quite a lot recently, but in recent months they have been on my ipod, computer and cd player almost constantly. Pearl Jam are my favourite band but i think Mogwai are strongly challenging Radiohead for second place!!
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
    Really? You're playing a show with them? That's pretty rad.

Yeah, check us out as well. We play instrumental music too.

http://www.myspace.com/bewareofsafety
  • Does Sigor Ros count? I also like Mice Parade.
  • hendrix78 wrote:
    Damn right. These guys were flat out scary. The Inner Mounting Flame is easily one of the 10 best guitar albums of all time.

Since Finsbury nominated The Mingus group with Dolphy, I have to go with Coltrane's classic quartet. Coltrane is obviously a god, but Elvin Jones is also one of the greatest drummers of all time. McCoy Tyner and Jimmy Garrison were badasses too.

Maybe it's just my ears, but does Garrison sound a bit off, to you, at times? Especially on Ascension?

I've seen McCoy live. Beautiful playing.
  • mdigenakismdigenakis Posts: 1,337
    Explosions in the Sky
    Pearl Jam- Lost Dogs- Brother, a song that brings to mind all sorts of images.
    "Don't let the darkness eat you up..."

-Greg Dulli

• Dick JonesDick Jones Posts: 777
    Caspian!!

I've been meaning to listen to their new one. Maybe tonight.

Heroic Doses anyone? Great album containing a dude from Tortoise. Tight math-funk jams, real groovy. Great summer album.
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?