My Morning Jacket - EVIL URGES = amazing

124»

Comments

• ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    Does anyone have the acoustic "Smoking From Shooting" that was available as part of a pre-order? That's my favorite song from the album and a acoustic version would be right up my alley.
  • the wolf wrote:
    i just got this album last night. spun it 3 times in a row because i just couldnt really decide what i thought.

now im giving it another go, and i have decided that half the album is brilliant, and the 25% is so so, and the other 25% is just plain not so great.

but the half that is birlliant, is...........well, BRILLIANT !!

highly suspicious almost wrecked the whole thing for me though lol.

I'm with you on that. I can barely listen to Look At You. Thank You Too, Sec Walkin and Librarian aren't all that good. But the rest of the album is up there with the best stuff they've ever done, and that includes Highly Suspicious. :D Remnants is the most balls-out rocking song I've heard in a long time.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • i take what i like and leave the rest.
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    I bet I'm not the only one who thought this thread was goign to be about My Morning Jacket being an awesome band except for Evil Urges(SUCKS)
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    pjtaper wrote:
    I bet I'm not the only one who thought this thread was goign to be about My Morning Jacket being an awesome band except for Evil Urges(SUCKS)

Bought the cd a few weeks ago.........some songs are really solid, some other are standard MMJ tunes........two songs actually sound exactly like other songs that have already been put out

Overall, not bad..........pretty much what I expected from them. They have a couple of songs in their catalogue that I love, but most of everything else is just okay.
  • deadmosquitodeadmosquito Posts: 729
    their best record since it still moves. actually maybe even better than that. but at dawn is still their masterpiece.
  • Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    (ignore the title above)

Will see them live next tuesday, can't wait!

Evil Urges sounds great, but haven't found the time to really listen to the rest of the new album...
    your light's reflected now