Options

get ready for the first 10c-ticket bitchfest of 2008

Comments

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    Many systems get overloaded.....restaurants on Valentines day, freeways during rush hour, department stores during the holidays.

I know it sucks when the system crashes, but during periods of huge demand, there will always be hassles!

Anytime a business has issues such as a computer crash, they usually assess the situation and decide whether or not it is feasible/prudent to fix the problem.

I understand that it is more of an emotional issue when dealing with PJ tix!
  • Options
    jarkel wrote:
    futhermore... they should have blocked sales of these tickets to those who did not live nearby. Nothing like a whole country of pearl jam fans to snatch away the few precious seats at these shows from the locals.

Well, you can say that because you live in an area that gets concerts. Many 10C members are not that lucky and would *gladly* trade the extensive travel costs for having a concert in their own city or at least nearby. It would be terribly unfair for rural fans if PJ ever implemented a policy like that.
    michelle

power to the peaceful
  • Options
    ZAPPERZAPPER Posts: 246
    OK - So i was charged 5 times extra because of the site crashing, caused my account to overdraft - DAMN!

Will 10C automatically refund the funds?Will they cancel all my orders.....I dont know if this is worse than trying to get the tix in the first place.
    Previously known as Elzar
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Or just let us send in our damn notecards and money orders like in '03 ... it might have been arcane and goofy, but at least you had a human processing your order, instead of a server that apparently hates me. ;)
    I wouldn't mind that method, either. But, you remember the bitching that occurred with that? And how do they process them... who gets priority? The envelopes that they open first? In the meantime... you wait and wait until your Money Order is sent back to you if the limited tickets run out.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    ZAPPER wrote:
    OK - So i was charged 5 times extra because of the site crashing, caused my account to overdraft - DAMN!

Will 10C automatically refund the funds?Will they cancel all my orders.....I dont know if this is worse than trying to get the tix in the first place.

:( You would think they could fix this so it wouldn't happen anymore...
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    If Ten Club didn't use "some dude with a business" that is friends with the band ticket purchasing would be A LOT smoother. It's just a fact... they choose not to work with a larger hosting provider for whatever reason.
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    Just got off the phone with 10c. They reversed the charge/authorization because I did not get an email confirmation. No tix!!

That was a stressful nightmare! Guess I'll try ticketbastard.
  • Options
    I'm surprised to hear people actually suggesting ticketbastard for fan club tickets...I mean, what band are we talking about here?

Musictoday would probably be a better option.
    Gorge
  • Options
    Just got off the phone with 10c. They reversed the charge/authorization because I did not get an email confirmation. No tix!!

That was a stressful nightmare! Guess I'll try ticketbastard.
    i would rather deal with ticketmaster any day of the week than have to deal with the bullshit on this board when it comes to buying tickets...
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    I'm surprised to hear people actually suggesting ticketbastard for fan club tickets...I mean, what band are we talking about here?

GoDaddy.com with a deluxe hosting account would be better than the mom and pop shop... ANY large hosting provider would be better.
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    i would rather deal with ticketmaster any day of the week than have to deal with the bullshit on this board when it comes to buying tickets...

Exactly... but TM is evil, remember Ed said so ;)
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options

my 10c-provided code for the tm pre-sale for boston 1 '04 worked out pretty well. i got front row right in front of stone.
    "let's hug it out, bitch."

"and onward goes this thing of ours."
  • Options

It's funny - I got screwed out of SD tix (CC screen and then booted before it went through) and was talking to my wife about it. I said, "they should just use ticketmaster" and she rightfully pointed out that the band hates TM. I too hate TM but what I hate even more is sitting at my computer getting really pissed off everytime there is some sort of sale.

These server meltdowns send A LOT of bad karma out into the world - even more than succumbing to TicketMaster would.

It's time for the band (yes, the band) to cough up the money for reliable servers or just hand over the ticket process to someone else.
    In the land of the little kings
    Profit is the only thing
    And everywhere the little kings
    Are getting away with murder
    - Paul Kelly

www.troywass.com
  • Options

No doubt about it. TenClub members could have all received a presale password. Then most of us if not all of us could have gotten tickets. The shows would be Ten Club only and the energy would have been epic.

Instead maybe 200 tickets a show were released though a joke of a system and most people got nothing. Now on Friday we'll have to fight it out with scalpers and ticket brokers to get a seat. Then those scalpers and brokers will mark up their tickets 100 times over and these shows will be filled with a bunch of yuppies who aren't even real fans.
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • Options

Does Musictoday sell tickets themselves (such as ticketweb)... or do they pass on ticketing to Live Nation (which is partnered with TicketMaster until 2009)? And do they possess the resources to handle a load like today's? Also, what are the added costs for this?
    Remember back in 2000 when Pearl Jam sold their San Diego tickets through the now defunct ETM? That server crashed several times, too. It was pretty much the same thing... only on a different website.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    lastexit78 wrote:
    No doubt about it. TenClub members could have all received a presale password. Then most of us if not all of us could have gotten tickets. The shows would be Ten Club only and the energy would have been epic.

Instead maybe 200 tickets a show were released though a joke of a system and most people got nothing. Now on Friday we'll have to fight it out with scalpers and ticket brokers to get a seat. Then those scalpers and brokers will mark up their tickets 100 times over and these shows will be filled with a bunch of yuppies who aren't even real fans.
    But... 200 people got tickets. 200 Ten Club members. It is going to happen whenever 1,000 people are trying to get 200 tickets. Most are going to get shutout.
    Remember... when the server is down... no one gets anything.
    And I have cracked pre-sale passwords in the past... and I'm pretty much a novice. Imagine what resouses the scalpers (i.e. Hannah Montana) have at their disposal.
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626

there has simply got to be a better way to go about this.

the disappointment, anxiety and overall frustration that these
    on-sales cause is getting old. i don't understand why the problem
    hasn't been addressed.

any other system would be an improvement.
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Anxiety and stress was a big issue for me...I needed a sedative. No joke.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options

hasn't been addressed.

This could be the answer...
    If Ten Club didn't use "some dude with a business" that is friends with the band ticket purchasing would be A LOT smoother. It's just a fact... they choose not to work with a larger hosting provider for whatever reason.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

• Options

hasn't been addressed.

EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME i have tried to purchase tickets here....

it has been nothing but hours and hours of fucking aggravation....
  • Options
    evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    lastexit78 wrote:

Amen
  • Options
    chromiam wrote:
    This could be the answer...

well maybe the dude with the business
    knows a dude that can help then.

something has to change. its time.
    well past time.

the natives are getting very, very restless.
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    prismprism Posts: 2,440

hasn't been addressed.

yeah the clusterfuck of frustration that goes along with trying to get tickets through 10 club is to be expected, however that doesn't make it any easier to deal with the disappointment of not getting tickets after trying for two hours.

okey.... i've met my quota for bitching for the week
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    well maybe the dude with the business
    knows a dude that can help then.

something has to change. its time.
    well past time.

the natives are getting very, very restless.

no they're not... they're planning fundraisers ;)

Admin

• Options
    chromiam wrote:
    no they're not... they're planning fundraisers ;)
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...............

i needed a good laugh......
  • Options
    EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME i have tried to purchase tickets here....

it has been nothing but hours and hours of fucking aggravation....

you and me both. its beyond maddening. its just plain wrong.
    and the hell of it is, we just can't seem to give up because we
    just might miss that fluke chance 2 hours after the sale begins.

the only time i was successful was on a work computer for the VFC tour.
    that's it....just once.

something is very wrong with this system.
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    But... 200 people got tickets. 200 Ten Club members. It is going to happen whenever 1,000 people are trying to get 200 tickets. Most are going to get shutout.
    Remember... when the server is down... no one gets anything.
    And I have cracked pre-sale passwords in the past... and I'm pretty much a novice. Imagine what resouses the scalpers (i.e. Hannah Montana) have at their disposal.

Pre-sale passwords can have major issues. But there has to be something better than this. People including me don't have time in their working day to sit around hitting refresh over and over like some kind of mental case. For a band the loves to talk about justice their own ticket system is completely discriminatory. If your not lucky enough to have a job that allows you net access your essentially screwed. At least have these pre-sales on the weekend so maybe a Fire Fighter or School Teacher gets a fair shot. Also if the tickets are sold out then just say sold out! That's my main beef with this system. We all know there are not enough tickets to go around in these tiny venues. If the tickets sell out in 30 seconds just tell us. Don't string us out with this "Out of Stock/ In Stock" garbage.
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • Options
    you and me both. its beyond maddening. its just plain wrong.
    and the hell of it is, we just can't seem to give up because we
    just might miss that fluke chance 2 hours after the sale begins.

the only time i was successful was on a work computer for the VFC tour.
    that's it....just once.

something is very wrong with this system.

after talking this over with kathy....and actually having her say "i would love to see vedder solo"

then talking to chris and letting him know we might just be in california in april......

i was to say the least as little "dissapointed" that i didnt get tickets today...

but i should have known better....

and its getting real fucking old...real fucking quick......

but i still havent decided if i want to buy their $200 coloring book.....
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    lastexit78 wrote:
    If the tickets sell out in 30 seconds just tell us. Don't string us out with this "Out of Stock/ In Stock" garbage.

YES! Why don't they just tell me.... "you are a loser and you didn't get tickets." Instead they string you along so you waste precious time hoping for a miracle.

I can imagine the powers that be sitting behind computer screens laughing at all of us hitting refresh - refresh - refresh- refresh- refresh - refresh- refresh.....
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    after talking this over with kathy....and actually having her say "i would love to see vedder solo"

then talking to chris and letting him know we might just be in california in april......

i was to say the least as little "dissapointed" that i didnt get tickets today...

but i should have known better....

and its getting real fucking old...real fucking quick......

but i still havent decided if i want to buy their $200 coloring book.....

i wouldn't think you'd have a problem using ticketmaster.
    it's what they do.

and like them or not, agree with all the added charges or not....
    at least you know 99.9% of the time you are going to have your tickets
    in less than two minutes. no hassle, no nail-biting, no anxiety.

click, click....done. and thats the way it should be.

its almost not worth the stress of even trying for 10C tickets
    for small venues like this. i think it comes down to luck. or maybe
    the way the wind is blowing.

disappointing?? i think half the poor folks on this board refreshing until they're half blind are going to need a sedative before this day is over.

seeing vedder solo is a unique experience. i hope it works out.
    Nice shirt.