Options

get ready for the first 10c-ticket bitchfest of 2008

Comments

• Options
    FANnCAFANnCA Posts: 107
    what makes not getting tickets worse is that there are already sales going on ebay from a broker
  • Options
    4Powers20 wrote:
    that would be the end of seniority.
    Regarding T/M presale? No. You could enter your 10C number, or a 10c issued special number related to you, and T/M could pass the info through to 10c who could alloc seats.

For example, before a tour, 10c could e-mail you a special code. Then through T/M, enter the code. T/M passes the code, and your name/address, e-mail to 10c. Then 10c could validate the code to your name and address and email on file, get your 10c number, and assign the seat. If 10c can't validate the name address, etc., they can null the purchase. It's all the same, just not using their own infrastructure, which they dempnstrated today can't handle it, to T/M's.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Remember... The Ten/VHC does not possess the massive resources of a TicketMaster. Their little server was getting hammered big time and it crashed quite a few times on me... several times when I had tickets in hand and the transactions did not complete.
    Anyway... they COULD choose to NOT offer this to us members and spare themselves the hassles of our complaints. I am grateful they choose to deal with our petty bullshit.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    Remember... The Ten/VHC does not possess the massive resources of a TicketMaster. Their little server was getting hammered big time and it crashed quite a few times on me... several times when I had tickets in hand and the transactions did not complete.
    Anyway... they COULD choose to NOT offer this to us members and spare themselves the hassles of our complaints. I am grateful they choose to deal with our petty bullshit.
    i wonder of the 10club is grateful that WE AS FANS deal with their PETTY BULLSHIT????

the way they handle the distribution of tickets is nothing but HORSESHIT!!!!!

this bullshit today makes paying $1000 for bonnaroo seem like a fucking bargain......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Regarding T/M presale? No. You could enter your 10C number, or a 10c issued special number related to you, and T/M could pass the info through to 10c who could alloc seats.

For example, before a tour, 10c could e-mail you a special code. Then through T/M, enter the code. T/M passes the code, and your name/address, e-mail to 10c. Then 10c could validate the code to your name and address and email on file, get your 10c number, and assign the seat. If 10c can't validate the name address, etc., they can null the purchase. It's all the same, just not using their own infrastructure, which they dempnstrated today can't handle it, to T/M's.

I have gotten into a Beastie Boys as a fan club member through ticketmaster just by googling the special code online. So this way won't work because the code would be leaked and therefore we would lose tickets to non 10C members.
    Cincinnati '03 Flooded venue!
    Bridge School '06 Night 1 & 2
    Venice '07 pummeled by the sleet! 
    Nijmegen '07
    Werchter '07
    April Fools ~ LA1
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    Cosmo wrote:

I would suspect that the bigger hassle they have to deal with is the apparent lack of a server which can handle the demand which ticket sales cause. If the server system could handle the demand, there wouldn't be much of a hassle for the 10C or complaints from its members.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    Lesbelges wrote:
    I have gotten into a Beastie Boys as a fan club member through ticketmaster just by googling the special code online. So this way won't work because the code would be leaked and therefore we would lose tickets to non 10C members.
    You don't understand. TM would pass the submitted info to 10C who would still validate you were a current member. Also, I'm proposing a different code per active 10c member. That can be done in seconds with a random number generator. TM passes the code that was used, email address, name and address to 10c who determines who's legit.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:

I'm not asking for guaranteed seats. Only asking for a system that works. I'd rather they outsourse or repair their system. Tours don't come often. So the very high demand only occurs on rare occasion. So maybe it isn't cost beneficial to get a huge system which sits idle, selling t-shirts the rest of the year. So I'd opt for outsourcing. Then, these extreme spikes get handled, and I bet 10c wold be less stressed as well. Convenience fee? I'd pay for it.
  • Options
    I'd like to see them get out of the ticketing order game and outsource it to Music Today or something. Those guys seem to be able to handle these things just fine (including logistics for fan club orders) and it's not like we're saving on service fees using the 10 club site anyways. I can't imagine how much time was wasted by both fans *and* the folks at the 10C screwing around with this mickey mouse website. They can't enjoy this crap any more than we do.

As someone who's currently sitting with $500+ of a hold on my checking account, I'd sure as hell like to find out what 'unexpected error' actually means. Did I get the tickets or not. If I didn't, I want the hold released immediately.
  • Options
    futhermore... they should have blocked sales of these tickets to those who did not live nearby. Nothing like a whole country of pearl jam fans to snatch away the few precious seats at these shows from the locals. I wonder how many no shows we get when people realize they don't want to / can't afford to pay for their travel arrangements.

yes, I'm pissed. :P
  • Options
    mkeen411mkeen411 Posts: 103
    keep trying. santa barbara was temp. out of stock then a pair opened up at 11:51. I got charged 3 times but i just got off the phone with ten club. they say if you didn't get a confirmation email you didn't get tickets and the charges will be erased eventually. if you got charged multiple times the extras will be erased as well.
  • Options
    Here's a question I would love to have an answer to. Why weren't these shows TenClub only? There are more than enough TenClub members on the west coast to fill these shows. Whatever happened to the days of Fan Club only shows? Now fans like me get to fight with scalpers to get tickets from Ticketmaster? I'm honestly thinking about not even trying on Friday now. The fees on Ticketmaster will be extreme. Were probably looking at $170 a pair compared to the $140 we could have paid today.
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    yes! there's already a thread for this.
    hehehe
    i was about to start one after seeing today's thread topics.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    Cosmo wrote:

I'm not *really* complaining. I'm glad they offer us a presale, but ... don't sell me there can't be better ways, to quote a great and wise philosopher.

It's one thing to just have shit sellout quickly on you. It's quite another to have the server keep crashing on your transaction ... or charging your card but not giving you tickets. It shouldn't be this hard. I don't know what the answer is, just that it shouldn't be this difficult.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    chromiam wrote:
    I would suspect that the bigger hassle they have to deal with is the apparent lack of a server which can handle the demand which ticket sales cause. If the server system could handle the demand, there wouldn't be much of a hassle for the 10C or complaints from its members.
    Look at the COSTS of having to purchase and maintain the hardware and support of something that is capable of handling an onslaught of buy orders such as this. You have to consider the frequency of these occurances and decide if the cost of a large system justifiable. On a daily basis... how many buy transaction occur on that site? My guess... not a whole lot. Is it worth the costs to have an expensive system in place to handle a handful of transactions per day? Compare the dates where large volume sales occur versus the other days where the activity is low? Is it worth your while to have a high powered system in place 95% of the time?
    Think of it like this... you have a car that handles your everyday needs. But, every once in a while, you need something like a dump truck to complete a task... maybe twice a year. Is it worth your while to sell your car... buy a dump truck and use that as your every day driver?
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    ZAPPERZAPPER Posts: 246
    I hope i wasnt charged 5 times for the 5 times the checkout crashed.

Did everyone who got crashed out of the last page of checkout (CC info) get charged for every single time?

I will be in deep shit if i was charged 5 times
    Previously known as Elzar
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:

BUT they COULD upgrade their hosting account if they really wanted to.
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:

Think of it like this... you have a car that handles your everyday needs. But, every once in a while, you need something like a dump truck to complete a task... maybe twice a year. Is it worth your while to sell your car... buy a dump truck and use that as your every day driver?

So what you're saying is, the 10C needs to rent a dump truck?
  • Options
    ZAPPER wrote:

Did everyone who got crashed out of the last page of checkout (CC info) get charged for every single time?

I tried to buy a poster last year and that happened to me...
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    ZAPPER wrote:

you can get those charges reversed pretty easily. Just call your bank.
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    Look at the COSTS of having to purchase and maintain the hardware and support of something that is capable of handling an onslaught of buy orders such as this. You have to consider the frequency of these occurances and decide if the cost of a large system justifiable. On a daily basis... how many buy transaction occur on that site? My guess... not a whole lot. Is it worth the costs to have an expensive system in place to handle a handful of transactions per day? Compare the dates where large volume sales occur versus the other days where the activity is low? Is it worth your while to have a high powered system in place 95% of the time?

As others have mentioned, its called outsourcing. You have an outside company handle the days when you are going to have alot of traffic (ticket and poster sales etc). Kinda like going to the rental place and picking up a dump truck when you need it :)
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

• Options
    I'm not *really* complaining. I'm glad they offer us a presale, but ... don't sell me there can't be better ways, to quote a great and wise philosopher.

It's one thing to just have shit sellout quickly on you. It's quite another to have the server keep crashing on your transaction ... or charging your card but not giving you tickets. It shouldn't be this hard. I don't know what the answer is, just that it shouldn't be this difficult.
    Oh... there ARE Better ways.
    One solution is to vend out the services to handle large volume transactions on a temporary basis. That is to have TicketMaster... who is quite capable of handling the volume... to take over these types of sale events.
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    you can get those charges reversed pretty easily. Just call your bank.

You actually cant... they are holds, not charges. They have to be canceled at the merchant end or they fall off in a few days.
  • Options
    chromiam wrote:
    As others have mentioned, its called outsourcing. You have an outside company handle the days when you are going to have alot of traffic (ticket and poster sales etc). Kinda like going to the rental place and picking up a dump truck when you need it :)
    Vendor (outsourcing) services... TicketMaster.
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    So what you're saying is, the 10C needs to rent a dump truck?
    Rent a Dump Truck from TicketMaster... pass on the additional costs of outsourcing (Renting the Dump Truck) to us and have TicketMaster add on their usual additional costs.
    That is one solution.
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    Vendor (outsourcing) services... TicketMaster.

I have no problem with that..... but don't try to tell me that people shouldn't be aggravated and frustrated at a system which hasn't reliably worked from the beginning.

Admin

• Options
    MY WORK SUX!!!!! they wont let me enable cookies.......damnit!!!!!
    oh well have to wait until tonight!!! so please leave me 2 for SD!!!
    hehehehe
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    Oh... there ARE Better ways.
    One solution is to vend out the services to handle large volume transactions on a temporary basis. That is to have TicketMaster... who is quite capable of handling the volume... to take over these types of sale events.

Or just let us send in our damn notecards and money orders like in '03 ... it might have been arcane and goofy, but at least you had a human processing your order, instead of a server that apparently hates me. ;)
  • Options
    You actually cant... they are holds, not charges. They have to be canceled at the merchant end or they fall off in a few days.

Either way, we're cool. Mine is actually my debit card thru Bank of America. They'll remove any transaction I ask them to, then investigate for fraud. The 10c better not hope I opt for THAT option. Bwaaaaa!!!!
  • Options
    Either way, we're cool. Mine is actually my debit card thru Bank of America. They'll remove any transaction I ask them to, then investigate for fraud. The 10c better not hope I opt for THAT option. Bwaaaaa!!!!

:D

OR the tenclub could stop using a friend of the bands for the backend of their site... just a thought