Slipknot-All Hope is Gone

pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
edited July 2008 in Other Music
so metal fans out there in pearl jam land..what do you think of this song?

im digging it...turn it up and let it rip :)

IMO one of the best, most recent songs from them

http://www.myspace.com/slipknot
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• cant wait for the album
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Slipknot is fucking terrible - you must be joking.
    "Why stand when you can sit?" - Winston Churchill
    "Why sit when you can dance?" - Me
  • Slipknot is fucking terrible - you must be joking.

why even bother post in the thread then?
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • GiventoFallGiventoFall Posts: 217
    Haven't listened to slipknot in years since their second album people equal shit. Not really digging this new song though the energy just isn't there.
    Get over here!
  • why even bother post in the thread then?

To quickly throw in my 2 cents & let it be known to people unfamiliar to Slipknot that it's not worth their time or energy.

For Gods fucking sakes, Slipknot? I own over 1000 albums... Do any of you have any idea at all how much better music has been made by so many better artists through the 20th century? And any of you would spend a minute listening to Slipknot? It's a JOKE.
  • To quickly throw in my 2 cents & let it be known to people unfamiliar to Slipknot that it's not worth their time or energy.

For Gods fucking sakes, Slipknot? I own over 1000 albums... Do any of you have any idea at all how much better music has been made by so many better artists through the 20th century? And any of you would spend a minute listening to Slipknot? It's a JOKE.

no i dont have any idea what is out there i listen to fall out boy and my chemical romance, i mean if you dont have over 1000 albums you dont know what good music is right ?
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    To quickly throw in my 2 cents & let it be known to people unfamiliar to Slipknot that it's not worth their time or energy.

rofl. your attitude has just dissuaded me from listening to Giacomo Puccini's Turandot now in favour of Duality by Slipknot.

Smugness is not a pleasant character trait.

I also have 1000+ albums. It doesn't make me any better than anyone else. You should learn that.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818

out of those 1000 albums if they include MMJ or Kings of Leon then there is the joke

the genre of music being discussed here is Metal, if you dont like it, dont comment on it

i read hundreds of threads being started on this board about different types of music that make me sick, but i dont go into those threads and piss on peoples parades

period..end of subject
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,230

Ugh. You can't possibly be older than 19, right? I own over 1000 albums also...three of them are Slipknot. Off to check out this new song...
  • Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    I used to adore Slipknot when I was younger... them and Mudvayne, kinda grew out of that whole scene, but I have to say, Slipknot's drummer is a monster... I mean, we still watch the "Welcome to the Neighborhood" VHS just for shits and giggles, but there's a scene where you see the drummer's feet, and he is just going to town. At first glance, it seems like maybe they're in fast motion or something, but hell, it's not.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • Slipknot is horrible & you have horrible taste in music if you listen to them.
  • Slipknot is horrible & you have horrible taste in music if you listen to them.

way to make friends around the message pit buddy ! go listen to your fall out boy records.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    why do everybody think his/her own taste in music is the only good choice ?
    If people like slipknot, let them love them. If you don't like, shut up and don't impose your taste. And don't say they suck. I'm not a fan but I thin kwhat they do is not bad.
    I also have more than 1,000 records and I listen to manydifferent artists. But it doesn't make me better and it doesn't give me the right to impose my tatste to others.
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Slipknot makes me vomit in disgust every time I hear even the snippiest snippet of their music - it's really, very dreadfully terrible in the most horrible way. Slipknot is easily the shittiest thing in the history of the world to ever make a sound.
    Slipknot makes me vomit in disgust every time I hear even the snippiest snippet of their music - it's really, very dreadfully terrible in the most horrible way. Slipknot is easily the shittiest thing in the history of the world to ever make a sound.
    stop posting in such thereads. If you don't like them, go away from thsoe thereads and let people enjoy what the y want to enjoy. You don't like: ok. But don't say they are the shittiest band ever...
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,057
    Slipknot makes me vomit in disgust every time I hear even the snippiest snippet of their music - it's really, very dreadfully terrible in the most horrible way. Slipknot is easily the shittiest thing in the history of the world to ever make a sound.

thats ok, you probably just dont understand it.....you cant be good at everything
  • melodyman22melodyman22 Posts: 326
    Slipknot is not a good band. Then again neither is Arcade fire. There similar in a a way. Bad vocals. Bad guitars. All around crap.
    Slipknot is not a good band. Then again neither is Arcade fire. There similar in a a way. Bad vocals. Bad guitars. All around crap.

What you wrote is stupid !

You may not like, but don't say they're not good just because you don't like !

oh, by the way: it's not "THERE similar" but "THEY'RE similar"...
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,230
    Slipknot is horrible & you have horrible taste in music if you listen to them.

You seem like a fun dude to be around. Do you find that people roll their eyes when you walk into a room?
  • pjl44 wrote:
    You seem like a fun dude to be around. Do you find that people roll their eyes when you walk into a room?

I'm the most popular person in any room because I have a magical aura around me. You get this aura by not listening to HORRIBLE NAZI MUSIC like Slipknot, who are very much the shittiest band of... No... The shittiest thing to ever happen in the universe.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    I'm the most popular person in any room because I have a magical aura around me. You get this aura by not listening to HORRIBLE NAZI MUSIC like Slipknot, who are very much the shittiest band of... No... The shittiest thing to ever happen in the universe.

You sir are retarded.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • this thread is funny, too.
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    HORRIBLE NAZI MUSIC like Slipknot,

its official, you have never listened to this band

how is that new new kids on the block album treating you?
  • If Hitler could hear the music being made today, & had to choose a favorite band out of all the bands today - it would be Slipknot.
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    If Hitler could hear the music being made today, & had to choose a favorite band out of all the bands today - it would be Slipknot.

I agree, that or actual real nazi german metal. In which case i probably would not agree.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
    I agree, that or actual real nazi german metal. In which case i probably would not agree.
    Hitler would have been a fan of Arghoslent, most particularly their seminal "Incorrigible Bigotry" album.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Hitler would have been a fan of Arghoslent, most particularly their seminal "Incorrigible Bigotry" album.

What's really scary is that you probably didn't just make that up, and you've actually heard it. Can't you, just once, refer someone to the Spice Girls? :D:p
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
    What's really scary is that you probably didn't just make that up, and you've actually heard it. Can't you, just once, refer someone to the Spice Girls? :D:p
    Hah, it is real and I HAVE heard it :D I was assured by a very non-racist friend that, putting aside the offensive lyrical content, it was a very accomplished melodic death metal album and that I didn't have to agree with something to appreciate it. I gave it a listen, wasn't really a fan and I found the lyrical content/song titles repulsive which hindered any appreciation I might have had for the music. I would certainly never buy such stuff since that would be supporting the "artists". I'm assured by metalheads that it's a great album though :o

And don't worry, I have loads of commercial pop references in store :)

uh, so yeah, I reckon Hitler was a fan of MJ's post-Bad work. Probably not a fan of Black or White though.
  • Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Hah, it is real and I HAVE heard it :D I was assured by a very non-racist friend that, putting aside the offensive lyrical content, it was a very accomplished melodic death metal album and that I didn't have to agree with something to appreciate it. I gave it a listen, wasn't really a fan and I found the lyrical content/song titles repulsive which hindered any appreciation I might have had for the music. I would certainly never buy such stuff since that would be supporting the "artists". I'm assured by metalheads that it's a great album though :o

And don't worry, I have loads of commercial pop references in store :)

uh, so yeah, I reckon Hitler was a fan of MJ's post-Bad work. Probably not a fan of Black or White though.

Ah, the rationalisations metalheads will make. :p

Hitler'd probably dig some of Borat's stuff. ;)
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
    Ah, the rationalisations metalheads will make. :p

Hitler'd probably dig some of Borat's stuff. ;)
    Ah yes... the classic "Throw the jew down the well" :D

As for Slipknot, not even close to the worst band ever. Not great though.