Dave Matthews Band

Comments

• kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    pjpitt89 said:
    What's the deal with their posters at shows. Easy to come by or not?
    Depends on the artist usually, just like PJ.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    pjpitt89 said:

Generally they have decent size print runs. You should be able to get one unless you're really late. 
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    If it's a Sperry or Tsang, they seem to go quickly.  The merch lines are long though, regardless, and I don't recall ever seeing one outside.  
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    mrussel1 said:
    The Black Friday vinyl are up in the Warehouse.  It's presale for the next 24 hours.  List is only $34!!  I think on black Friday, for the white ones, they were like $90.  I passed on them but now I will get them for this price.  
    Have a link?
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
    mrussel1 said:
    The Black Friday vinyl are up in the Warehouse.  It's presale for the next 24 hours.  List is only $34!!  I think on black Friday, for the white ones, they were like $90.  I passed on them but now I will get them for this price.  
    Have a link?
    Are you a member?  It's up for members now but I think it will be generally available tomorrow or Friday. 
  • KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 891
    Tonight’s poster is PJ esque
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Have a link?
    Are you a member?  It's up for members now but I think it will be generally available tomorrow or Friday. 
    Ahhhh, alas no I’m juss a lowly commoner, sire 
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Have a link?
    yeah only pussies join band fan pages, that's for sure.  

If you go to the warehouse tomorrow, click "store", it should be there tomorrow.  If not the next day.  It said presale until the 6th.  
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Have a link?
    yeah only pussies join band fan pages, that's for sure.  

If you go to the warehouse tomorrow, click "store", it should be there tomorrow.  If not the next day.  It said presale until the 6th.  
    Werd, thanks! I need more reasons to spend money. Ugh 
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited December 2018
    https://davematthewsband.shop.musictoday.com/dept/vinyl-records?cp=1_5575_61657

RSD were $45 at my store, and with these black vinyl versions being $35 for a 4LP sets... wow these sets are priced great.
    Post edited by MedozK on
    MedozK said:
    https://davematthewsband.shop.musictoday.com/dept/vinyl-records?cp=1_5575_61657

RSD were $45 at my store, and with these black vinyl versions being $35 for a 4LP sets... wow these sets are priced great.
    You know, that's interesting.  My buddy called me from his store in Minneapolis and said "hey they've got these, 90 bucks".  I thought he meant each, considering the previous boxes were 80, I thought he meant each.  Maybe that was for both.  Oops.  
    Now I just have to decide if I should buy both or just 1
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    get both. Great shows.
    get both. Great shows.
    I actually haven't pulled the trigger yet.  I have both in FLAC and read somewhere that it's really just a transfer from the FLAC to the vinyl.  They are great shows, just not sure it's worth the 70 bucks since I have the audio.  These will be the only two DMB vinyls (besides original BTCS) that I don't own.  I might have to put an end to the "completist" impulse in me.  

In other news, I did break down and buy the new live trax blu ray that also comes with a foil edition of the print from the Indy show.  Should arrive in the next few days.  I'm a sucker for concert videos, as you might guess by my avatar.  
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    mrussel1 said:
    get both. Great shows.
    I actually haven't pulled the trigger yet.  I have both in FLAC and read somewhere that it's really just a transfer from the FLAC to the vinyl.  They are great shows, just not sure it's worth the 70 bucks since I have the audio.  These will be the only two DMB vinyls (besides original BTCS) that I don't own.  I might have to put an end to the "completist" impulse in me.  

In other news, I did break down and buy the new live trax blu ray that also comes with a foil edition of the print from the Indy show.  Should arrive in the next few days.  I'm a sucker for concert videos, as you might guess by my avatar.  

which show is the best? the full band or the duo?

how does the Dave and Tim recording match up to "LIve at Luther College".

thanks.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

lolobugg said:
    mrussel1 said:
    get both. Great shows.

thanks.

The trax show is better IMO.  But.. take that with a grain of salt.  The only D&T show I consistently listen to is the Luther College, which is just perfect.  If you go through say Radio City or the other Live Trax that were D&T, I don't think any of them compare to Luther.  It's the standard.  
    mrussel1 said:
    lolobugg said:
    mrussel1 said:
    get both. Great shows.

thanks.

The trax show is better IMO.  But.. take that with a grain of salt.  The only D&T show I consistently listen to is the Luther College, which is just perfect.  If you go through say Radio City or the other Live Trax that were D&T, I don't think any of them compare to Luther.  It's the standard.  

def. that's the truth. they hit a home run with that release.

maybe I will check out the Trax show. Those were good years for the band. and I own ZERO DMB on vinyl.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

lolobugg said:
    mrussel1 said:
    lolobugg said:
    mrussel1 said:
    get both. Great shows.

thanks.

maybe I will check out the Trax show. Those were good years for the band. and I own ZERO DMB on vinyl.

Holy crap you must get Crash first.  It's AAA analog and stunning.  Along with Steely Dan Aja, it's my reference album that I use to test equipment.  And Luther College too. 
    Thanks for the input y’all, I think I’m going to just do the trax full band show 
    mrussel1 said:
    lolobugg said:
    mrussel1 said:
    lolobugg said:
    mrussel1 said:
    get both. Great shows.

thanks.

Holy crap you must get Crash first.  It's AAA analog and stunning.  Along with Steely Dan Aja, it's my reference album that I use to test equipment.  And Luther College too. 

damn. I need it. that and Before These Crowded Streets are my 2 fave DMB albums.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Damn I just ordered both shows on vinyl.  I hate you guys!!! In all seriousness, I couldn’t pass this up. $35 for a show on vinyl?!  Hello Pearl Jam, please take notes. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    yeah, PJ should be releasing 4 shows a year. its silly.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    pjpitt89 said:
    I would say tougher than PJ. every single DMB poster we have is signed and numbered....usually 750, max.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Wobbie said:
    pjpitt89 said:
    I would say tougher than PJ. every single DMB poster we have is signed and numbered....usually 750, max.
    Yeah, they should be putting out 4 shows a year at least...
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Good show in Philly. Was hoping for a couple of the songs they started out the tour with but Say Goodbye and So Right made up for it.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    records just arrived...wow!!!!  listening to dave and time and it is freaking awesome.   I haven't listened to dmb in a long long time.
    mcgruff10 said:
    records just arrived...wow!!!!  listening to dave and time and it is freaking awesome.   I haven't listened to dmb in a long long time.
    Good mood music, always brings me back to 1996 or so 
    JK_Livin said:
    Good show in Philly. Was hoping for a couple of the songs they started out the tour with but Say Goodbye and So Right made up for it.
    We had great Cville shows and prints.  
    mcgruff10 said:
    Good mood music, always brings me back to 1996 or so 
    Yeah definitely!!
  • mrussel1 said:
    JK_Livin said:
    We had great Cville shows and prints.  

Outstanding posters! And I heard the shows were awesome as well!!

You got more room on your wall for another framed Tsang or Flames?
    "My brain's a good brain!"