Dave Matthews Band

191012141517

Comments

  • mrussel1 said:
    ^^^

    Wenatchee is a neighbouring town/city.
    Okay, I see.  You drive back and forth to the town after each show.  Is it easy enough or super painful?  Do you fly into Spokane?

    It's easy enough. If I'm being fully honest... there have been times I've wished to just be beamed back to my room Star Trek style; however, air conditioning is a good thing, hot showers are a good thing, comfortable beds are a good thing, etc.

    I'm just not the age where I might find camping the best option.

    And we drive down from the interior of BC. It takes about 6.5 hours, but we break the drive up coming down (ie. wine tour the night before). We're usually pretty fired up coming back listening to 6.5 hours of DMB (with our usual stops along the way!).
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Strange tour this year.  No Cleveland,  Pittsburg or Virginia Beach.  These are staples for 25 years.  Im bummed by no Virginia Beach.  I hate going to Bristow. 
    I don't think I've ever heard anyone say they like Bristow.  The traffic in & out of that place is just god awful.
    It's the worst.. and last year we had the flood that delayed the show by almost 2 hours.  Cars were overtaken by water in the parking lot.  The county was conducting rescue operations... in a parking lot!! It was crazy. 
    Isn’t that venue right next to a shopping center?
    no, it's way out in the country.  Only two lane roads in and out.  You might be thinking of Merriweather Post, which is on the other side DC, in MD. That's sort of in the middle of an urban area. 
    Yup that is the one I am thinking of. I saw pj there in 2000 and then bristow in 2003.  
    I am really into Dave right now, I might try to head to a show for the first time in 12 years. 

    Come to the Gorge. We can hang out.
    Oh man do I wish but it just isn’t in the cards. Hitting outer banks for a week, dc for a weekend and hoping pj plays somewhere within a three hour radius.  


    Some day.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South JerseyPosts: 7,181

    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South JerseyPosts: 7,181
    Got section 104 row Q in Camden for Friday night through the WH. I'm a little disappointed in those unless they are inside aisle seats.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 13,974
    JK_Livin said:
    Got section 104 row Q in Camden for Friday night through the WH. I'm a little disappointed in those unless they are inside aisle seats.
    It's actually not bad to end up in the 100's these days.  I don't know what's going on, but tickets are tough.  Just left the citi presale for West Palm and the only thing avail was the very back of the seated area.  
    I did win two GA for Bristow, which is a mixed blessing considering it's Bristow.  No VA Beach stop for this tour which is the first time in forever.  
  • Yessssss! Scored GA PIT for Toronto in the AMEX presale. Not sure what the WH gave me, but I know it wasn't GA PIT.

  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 13,974
    Dammit, I had no idea there was an AMEX presale.  I have an AMEX too.  I'll check that now.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 13,974
    check that.. it's a Canada thing.  All the AMEX DMB shows are Canada.  Looks like Citi has the states locked up. 
  • I bought the 3-day lawn Gorge tickets. My wife refuses to camp and I refuse to pay for $40 per day for Star parking, so hopefully it's not a cluster getting in/out of the free parking each day. 
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 635
    I have some extra codes for the 12.14.18 show from nugs that I was just about to post here, but then I realized that they are the same barcodes from the tickets, so probably not the best idea to share on a public forum. But after my shows, I will definitely share my extras here.
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New JerseyPosts: 4,917
    JK_Livin said:

    I've got a humongous pile of paperwork to do today and so I'm making it less painful by watching this. Thanks for the link!!
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New JerseyPosts: 4,917
    I have some extra codes for the 12.14.18 show from nugs that I was just about to post here, but then I realized that they are the same barcodes from the tickets, so probably not the best idea to share on a public forum. But after my shows, I will definitely share my extras here.
    Those are codes to get the downloads from the Gorge shows? Thank you!
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 13,974
    njnancy said:
    I have some extra codes for the 12.14.18 show from nugs that I was just about to post here, but then I realized that they are the same barcodes from the tickets, so probably not the best idea to share on a public forum. But after my shows, I will definitely share my extras here.
    Those are codes to get the downloads from the Gorge shows? Thank you!
    No, night 1 from Charlottesville last winter.  
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New JerseyPosts: 4,917
    mrussel1 said:
    njnancy said:
    I have some extra codes for the 12.14.18 show from nugs that I was just about to post here, but then I realized that they are the same barcodes from the tickets, so probably not the best idea to share on a public forum. But after my shows, I will definitely share my extras here.
    Those are codes to get the downloads from the Gorge shows? Thank you!
    No, night 1 from Charlottesville last winter.  
    Oh, I combined two posts where Gorge shows were discussed with this one. Thanks!
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 13,974
    njnancy said:
    mrussel1 said:
    njnancy said:
    I have some extra codes for the 12.14.18 show from nugs that I was just about to post here, but then I realized that they are the same barcodes from the tickets, so probably not the best idea to share on a public forum. But after my shows, I will definitely share my extras here.
    Those are codes to get the downloads from the Gorge shows? Thank you!
    No, night 1 from  Charlottesville last winter.  
    Oh, I combined two posts where Gorge shows were discussed with this one. Thanks!
    If you got tickets for this summer through the warehouse , for each ticket you, purchased, you received a download code for Cville.  I think the previous poster was saying they got them because of their upcoming gorge shows.  I have 5 codes because I bought 5 tickets this summer.  


  • pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,342
    I am not going to get to a summer show, but if anyone has an extra download from theirs, I’d greatly appreciate one!
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 13,974
    pjpitt89 said:
    I am not going to get to a summer show, but if anyone has an extra download from theirs, I’d greatly appreciate one!
    I can.  Mine aren't on tickets.  PM me Tuesday and I'll do it then.  Im traveling next two days but back in office on Tuesday and can do it there easily. 
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 635
    Correct. I have 6 codes and only need one since it's the same show for every ticket. I was hoping it would be ANY 2018 show when they first announced it. I will gladly share my codes after my concerts, but if you search hard enough (cough, Warehouse forums, cough) you can find the show without a code too.
  • pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,342
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpitt89 said:
    I am not going to get to a summer show, but if anyone has an extra download from theirs, I’d greatly appreciate one!
    I can.  Mine aren't on tickets.  PM me Tuesday and I'll do it then.  Im traveling next two days but back in office on Tuesday and can do it there easily. 
    You rock, I'll send you a PM tomorrow. Thanks in advance!
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New JerseyPosts: 4,917
    edited April 16
    Correct. I have 6 codes and only need one since it's the same show for every ticket. I was hoping it would be ANY 2018 show when they first announced it. I will gladly share my codes after my concerts, but if you search hard enough (cough, Warehouse forums, cough) you can find the show without a code too.
    LOL, take care of that cough!

    I've listened to Warehouse but I've never visited it - I guess I should do so. I only started really getting into DMB in the last couple years so I never joined the forums. DMB wasn't around as part of my college experience, as with a lot of fans, so I kind of knew some radio songs and then when the bus thing happened I lost interest and ya know, life.

    I've gotten really back into jam and roots bands again and DMB was a great addition with my  favorites new and old; and I keep discovering more bands.   (though DMB is really Jazz more than anything I think). 

    Anyway - I will visit the Warehouse - I'm sure I can find it ( I found DMB fan's favorite version of each song on reddit so I think i can find the forum). Reddit, subreddit  scares me a bit. :lol:  But I got good info. 
    Post edited by njnancy on
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 13,974
    njnancy said:
    Correct. I have 6 codes and only need one since it's the same show for every ticket. I was hoping it would be ANY 2018 show when they first announced it. I will gladly share my codes after my concerts, but if you search hard enough (cough, Warehouse forums, cough) you can find the show without a code too.
    LOL, take care of that cough!

    I've listened to Warehouse but I've never visited it - I guess I should do so. I only started really getting into DMB in the last couple years so I never joined the forums. DMB wasn't around as part of my college experience, as with a lot of fans, so I kind of knew some radio songs and then when the bus thing happened I lost interest and ya know, life.

    I've gotten really back into jam and roots bands again and DMB was a great addition with my  favorites new and old; and I keep discovering more bands.   (though DMB is really Jazz more than anything I think). 

    Anyway - I will visit the Warehouse - I'm sure I can find it ( I found DMB fan's favorite version of each song on reddit so I think i can find the forum). Reddit, subreddit  scares me a bit. :lol:  But I got good info. 
    I don't think there's a warehouse forum.  The active DMB forum is antsmarching.org. it's been around for years.  I have mixed feelings about the people there,  but it is good for information and tickets. There is a thread for each show.
  • mrussel1 said:
    njnancy said:
    Correct. I have 6 codes and only need one since it's the same show for every ticket. I was hoping it would be ANY 2018 show when they first announced it. I will gladly share my codes after my concerts, but if you search hard enough (cough, Warehouse forums, cough) you can find the show without a code too.
    LOL, take care of that cough!

    I've listened to Warehouse but I've never visited it - I guess I should do so. I only started really getting into DMB in the last couple years so I never joined the forums. DMB wasn't around as part of my college experience, as with a lot of fans, so I kind of knew some radio songs and then when the bus thing happened I lost interest and ya know, life.

    I've gotten really back into jam and roots bands again and DMB was a great addition with my  favorites new and old; and I keep discovering more bands.   (though DMB is really Jazz more than anything I think). 

    Anyway - I will visit the Warehouse - I'm sure I can find it ( I found DMB fan's favorite version of each song on reddit so I think i can find the forum). Reddit, subreddit  scares me a bit. :lol:  But I got good info. 
    I don't think there's a warehouse forum.  The active DMB forum is antsmarching.org. it's been around for years.  I have mixed feelings about the people there,  but it is good for information and tickets. There is a thread for each show.
    I’m a member of the warehouse. I think I have to agree with you to some degree: the forum there is a completely different vibe than here.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New JerseyPosts: 4,917
    edited April 16
    mrussel1 said:
    njnancy said:
    Correct. I have 6 codes and only need one since it's the same show for every ticket. I was hoping it would be ANY 2018 show when they first announced it. I will gladly share my codes after my concerts, but if you search hard enough (cough, Warehouse forums, cough) you can find the show without a code too.
    LOL, take care of that cough!

    I've listened to Warehouse but I've never visited it - I guess I should do so. I only started really getting into DMB in the last couple years so I never joined the forums. DMB wasn't around as part of my college experience, as with a lot of fans, so I kind of knew some radio songs and then when the bus thing happened I lost interest and ya know, life.

    I've gotten really back into jam and roots bands again and DMB was a great addition with my  favorites new and old; and I keep discovering more bands.   (though DMB is really Jazz more than anything I think). 

    Anyway - I will visit the Warehouse - I'm sure I can find it ( I found DMB fan's favorite version of each song on reddit so I think i can find the forum). Reddit, subreddit  scares me a bit. :lol:  But I got good info. 
    I don't think there's a warehouse forum.  The active DMB forum is antsmarching.org. it's been around for years.  I have mixed feelings about the people there,  but it is good for information and tickets. There is a thread for each show.
    Thanks for that info. I don't know if I'll join, I'll just poke around first. Thank you for your input also, @Thirty Bills Unpaid

    I have found that most band forums have one thing in common.  Although the most loyal fans tend to join the forums (along with clueless newbies), there is ALWAYS complaining about the band - direction of the music, where they are touring, if they are touring, how much better they were back in the good old days, etc. 

    It may just be the most vocal posters - but even on the O.A.R. forums, a band that tours at least 10 months out of the year, every year - people complain about everything. And it's never cool to be new, so better to just hover and read. 

    Thanks for the heads up about the vibe at DMB site. I"m not looking for friends, I'm looking for downloads. :smiley: I have all the warm fuzzies I'll ever need right here. 
    Post edited by njnancy on
  • I can say this about the warehouse itself: top notch.

    Annual gift is always on time. Good value. Good tickets. 

    Of course, there would be people that might disagree with me on these accounts, but compared to some other band sites... excellent.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 13,974
    There's a TON of complaining there.  Definitely rivals here. 

    If there's ever anything you want to DL, feel free to ask. I have everything on my cloud, and almost all of it is unavailable,  so I don't feel bad sharing



  • njnancynjnancy Northern New JerseyPosts: 4,917
    mrussel1 said:
    There's a TON of complaining there.  Definitely rivals here. 

    If there's ever anything you want to DL, feel free to ask. I have everything on my cloud, and almost all of it is unavailable,  so I don't feel bad sharing



    Not sure why people like to find things to complain about. I can see if there's something glaringly obvious to mention, but when a band is active and touring and just put out an album - I don't get it. I mean, we all have our bitchy days. And if it's got that much of a negative vibe, it's not the kind of place that would welcome new people into their fold. Sounds like the 'real fan' test kind of environ. 

    I do like that they get their perks out on time and that they have good prices and seating. I may try to get a lawn seat for Camden (through TM) just to hear them play, closeness isn't necessary. Depends on availability, of tickets and my funds. And I'm not sure I want to be traveling back from Camden late at night alone. I've done much crazier things, but I was younger.

    I have no idea what downloads I would even ask for; although I really appreciate your offer. I have really found that I enjoy all of the different performances that are available and how good they are live. They're just so damn funky. I even like the version of JImi Thing where the crowd sings the whole song - actually, it's my favorite version. Wrigley Field I believe. 

    I've never seen them so I don't know what 'the best' shows are. (Anything before 1990 something, probably).  I'm always partial to shows in my neck of the woods (NYC,NJ), but that may not be the best stuff. I'm enjoying all the stuff I've gotten off Spotify right now. 

    I know that O.A.R. (yes, I have a slight obsession with them at the moment) was part of the DMB caravan in 2007 or something. I don't know, I'll stop typing now. 
     

  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 635
    Not my link, found on the WH forums: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4ocqv4wgd6eyp7m/AAArJkf1sZmYNwRfyaFZDY6Ta?dl=0&fbclid=IwAR1dY_rC488jupoCy8nyaO51v_U_Y7c2aONGcTUbwt4wrwxYbLhn3nj2sKc

    And I will agree with the others that DMB fans are a different breed. I don't hang out at either the WH or Ants forums too often unless I'm looking for info. Elitist comes to mind. Love the music though, have since I saw Dave and Tim on VH1 back in the '90s.

    I'll also agree that the annual $30 WH fee is well worth it. A 10-track CD, mystery gift and first dibs at concert tickets.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,118
    DMB fans are elitist?

    Are they deaf as well? Bwahahahaha 
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New JerseyPosts: 4,917
    Not my link, found on the WH forums: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4ocqv4wgd6eyp7m/AAArJkf1sZmYNwRfyaFZDY6Ta?dl=0&fbclid=IwAR1dY_rC488jupoCy8nyaO51v_U_Y7c2aONGcTUbwt4wrwxYbLhn3nj2sKc

    And I will agree with the others that DMB fans are a different breed. I don't hang out at either the WH or Ants forums too often unless I'm looking for info. Elitist comes to mind. Love the music though, have since I saw Dave and Tim on VH1 back in the '90s.

    I'll also agree that the annual $30 WH fee is well worth it. A 10-track CD, mystery gift and first dibs at concert tickets.
    thanks for the link!! I'd imagine it would be a particularly good show being his home. 

    Can only see parts of some song titles but I see Everyday and Grey Street which I really like - I don't have a live Grey Street, well didn't. And Dancing Nancies has a special place in my heart for obvious reasons and it's just a damn good song. 

    Thanks again, and thanks for what you said in that other thread. I gave up, but I appreciate being understood. 
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 13,974
    Not my link, found on the WH forums: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4ocqv4wgd6eyp7m/AAArJkf1sZmYNwRfyaFZDY6Ta?dl=0&fbclid=IwAR1dY_rC488jupoCy8nyaO51v_U_Y7c2aONGcTUbwt4wrwxYbLhn3nj2sKc

    And I will agree with the others that DMB fans are a different breed. I don't hang out at either the WH or Ants forums too often unless I'm looking for info. Elitist comes to mind. Love the music though, have since I saw Dave and Tim on VH1 back in the '90s.

    I'll also agree that the annual $30 WH fee is well worth it. A 10-track CD, mystery gift and first dibs at concert tickets.
    Musically, they're as good as it gets.  Each one is a superstar at their respective instrument.  There are no weak points in the band.  
    I'm very glad to have a piano back in the band too.  When Butch left, I thought they lost some rhythm to the outfit.  Buddy Strong sounds awesome, especially in Lying in the hands of God.  Hopefully you got to see that last tour, it was fantastic.  
Sign In or Register to comment.