Dave Matthews Band

17810121329

Comments

  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,652
    MedozK said:
    https://davematthewsband.shop.musictoday.com/dept/vinyl-records?cp=1_5575_61657

    RSD were $45 at my store, and with these black vinyl versions being $35 for a 4LP sets... wow these sets are priced great.
    So how many of these types of releases has dmb done on vinyl?  I love the simplicity of the packaging.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,777
    4. they released 2 with the new album and now these 2.
    They have a DL version where they have done maybe a dozen shows. maybe more (?). So I expect those to be in the pipeline. I enjoy these shows more than the live Trax TBH. Better era IMO and reminds me of the tapes I used to trade for when I was in High School.



  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,474
    mrussel1 said:
    JK_Livin said:
    Good show in Philly. Was hoping for a couple of the songs they started out the tour with but Say Goodbye and So Right made up for it.
    We had great Cville shows and prints.  

    Outstanding posters! And I heard the shows were awesome as well!!

    You got more room on your wall for another framed Tsang or Flames?
    I'm actually rotating prints in and out of frames now.  I do this with PJ prints too.  It's amazing how many mat combinations can be reused and look great.  Makes my life easier and cheaper.  I've been out of room for some time. 

    My fav poster from weekend was actually the Methane tour poster.  There have been three Tsang DMB prints, Tampa 16, Va Beach 18 and now C'ville, and coincidentally I was at all three shows.  
    And yes, they were dynamite shows.  The best was the opening act, which was the New Orleans Preservation Hall Jazz Band.  They are a true jazz band and they killed it!  Then they came out and played with DMB during the show and it was a blast.  So...many...horns.  
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    mcgruff10 said:
    MedozK said:
    https://davematthewsband.shop.musictoday.com/dept/vinyl-records?cp=1_5575_61657

    RSD were $45 at my store, and with these black vinyl versions being $35 for a 4LP sets... wow these sets are priced great.
    So how many of these types of releases has dmb done on vinyl?  I love the simplicity of the packaging.  
    I love the packaging also, I have said it before, but they remind my a lot of the 2000 PJ boots.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,474
    MedozK said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    MedozK said:
    https://davematthewsband.shop.musictoday.com/dept/vinyl-records?cp=1_5575_61657

    RSD were $45 at my store, and with these black vinyl versions being $35 for a 4LP sets... wow these sets are priced great.
    So how many of these types of releases has dmb done on vinyl?  I love the simplicity of the packaging.  
    I love the packaging also, I have said it before, but they remind my a lot of the 2000 PJ boots.
    Did you (or anyone) get these?  I never pulled the trigger since I have so much DMB live already.  Are they special, audio wise, or do they sound digital?

  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,777
    I have all 4.

    So The DMBLive is different than the live trax. The Live Trax are multi channel sources with a good AUD mix (Pretty sure it was 96 when they started multitracking the shows) and are professionally mixed. DMBlives are sourced from DATs of old board mixes and have minimal post. So these are warts and all type live releases.  That being said, the pressings are well cut and well made. The shows don't have the oomph that the well mixed LTs do. But they are mixed to sound better than the DSBDs that were traded back in the 90s. Its probably the only ways we are gonna get great old DMB shows. 


  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,652
    4. they released 2 with the new album and now these 2.
    They have a DL version where they have done maybe a dozen shows. maybe more (?). So I expect those to be in the pipeline. I enjoy these shows more than the live Trax TBH. Better era IMO and reminds me of the tapes I used to trade for when I was in High School.



    What were the other two on vinyl?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,474
    mcgruff10 said:
    4. they released 2 with the new album and now these 2.
    They have a DL version where they have done maybe a dozen shows. maybe more (?). So I expect those to be in the pipeline. I enjoy these shows more than the live Trax TBH. Better era IMO and reminds me of the tapes I used to trade for when I was in High School.



    What were the other two on vinyl?
    DMB acoustic set in NY in 95, r.  It's really good other than the idiots yelling during the songs.  It's cool to hear all instruments acoustically rather than just D&T. This was before Crash was released, but many songs completed.  https://www.discogs.com/Dave-Matthews-Band-DMBLive-The-Academy-New-York-NY-Apr-5-1995/release/12203710

    Dave solo from Seattle 2002 - https://www.discogs.com/Dave-Matthews-DMBLive-Benaroya-Hall-Seattle-WA-Oct-24-2002/release/12203706
    Good show, great set.  
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,474
    I have all 4.

    So The DMBLive is different than the live trax. The Live Trax are multi channel sources with a good AUD mix (Pretty sure it was 96 when they started multitracking the shows) and are professionally mixed. DMBlives are sourced from DATs of old board mixes and have minimal post. So these are warts and all type live releases.  That being said, the pressings are well cut and well made. The shows don't have the oomph that the well mixed LTs do. But they are mixed to sound better than the DSBDs that were traded back in the 90s. Its probably the only ways we are gonna get great old DMB shows. 


    I have the first two and I think your assessment is dead on.  I do think that the Live Trax boxes sound amazing though, far superior than the Live Series.  I'm sure the lack of remixing is where we save the money.  
    BTW - the best, by far, DMB live is the Live 25.  I almost didn't pull the trigger when it was released due to the price, but I'm so glad I did.  The sound is spectacular and the choices they included were a die-hard's dream.  
    https://www.discogs.com/Dave-Matthews-Band-DMB-Live-25/release/10575302
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,652
    edited December 2018
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    4. they released 2 with the new album and now these 2.
    They have a DL version where they have done maybe a dozen shows. maybe more (?). So I expect those to be in the pipeline. I enjoy these shows more than the live Trax TBH. Better era IMO and reminds me of the tapes I used to trade for when I was in High School.



    What were the other two on vinyl?
    DMB acoustic set in NY in 95, r.  It's really good other than the idiots yelling during the songs.  It's cool to hear all instruments acoustically rather than just D&T. This was before Crash was released, but many songs completed.  https://www.discogs.com/Dave-Matthews-Band-DMBLive-The-Academy-New-York-NY-Apr-5-1995/release/12203710

    Dave solo from Seattle 2002 - https://www.discogs.com/Dave-Matthews-DMBLive-Benaroya-Hall-Seattle-WA-Oct-24-2002/release/12203706
    Good show, great set.  
    Awesome!  Thank you.
    The set from the seattle 2002 records is freaking amazing.  ugh I wish I had that one.
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,120
    edited December 2018
    mrussel1 said:
    I have all 4.

    So The DMBLive is different than the live trax. The Live Trax are multi channel sources with a good AUD mix (Pretty sure it was 96 when they started multitracking the shows) and are professionally mixed. DMBlives are sourced from DATs of old board mixes and have minimal post. So these are warts and all type live releases.  That being said, the pressings are well cut and well made. The shows don't have the oomph that the well mixed LTs do. But they are mixed to sound better than the DSBDs that were traded back in the 90s. Its probably the only ways we are gonna get great old DMB shows. 


    I have the first two and I think your assessment is dead on.  I do think that the Live Trax boxes sound amazing though, far superior than the Live Series.  I'm sure the lack of remixing is where we save the money.  
    BTW - the best, by far, DMB live is the Live 25.  I almost didn't pull the trigger when it was released due to the price, but I'm so glad I did.  The sound is spectacular and the choices they included were a die-hard's dream.  
    https://www.discogs.com/Dave-Matthews-Band-DMB-Live-25/release/10575302
    I second the Live 25 assessment.  Great set.  Only live trax set I own is #2 San Fran because I was there, but it does indeed sound better than the dmblive sets to me.  All in all though, dmb and phish I feel do a tremendous job in their vinyl issues, sadly much better than pj.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,474
    mrussel1 said:
    I have all 4.

    So The DMBLive is different than the live trax. The Live Trax are multi channel sources with a good AUD mix (Pretty sure it was 96 when they started multitracking the shows) and are professionally mixed. DMBlives are sourced from DATs of old board mixes and have minimal post. So these are warts and all type live releases.  That being said, the pressings are well cut and well made. The shows don't have the oomph that the well mixed LTs do. But they are mixed to sound better than the DSBDs that were traded back in the 90s. Its probably the only ways we are gonna get great old DMB shows. 


    I have the first two and I think your assessment is dead on.  I do think that the Live Trax boxes sound amazing though, far superior than the Live Series.  I'm sure the lack of remixing is where we save the money.  
    BTW - the best, by far, DMB live is the Live 25.  I almost didn't pull the trigger when it was released due to the price, but I'm so glad I did.  The sound is spectacular and the choices they included were a die-hard's dream.  
    https://www.discogs.com/Dave-Matthews-Band-DMB-Live-25/release/10575302
    I second the Live 25 assessment.  Great set.  Only live trax set I own is #2 San Fran because I was there, but it does indeed sound better than the dmblive sets to me.  All in all though, dmb and phish I feel do a tremendous job in their vinyl issues, sadly much better than pj.
    Much better, which makes no sense.  PJ album sound like a veil is over them.  Let's Play 2 sucks.  But their FLAC 24 releases are fantastic!  It makes no sense.  DC 98 vault is the exception though.  
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,474
    That's cool that you were at the San Fran show.  That's a great release, great set, in the middle of their peak as a group I think.  The catalog was so great through the Lillywhite/Busted Stuff that anything they played was going to make me happy.  
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,120
    Hey if anyone wants the Live at Red Rocks Set I’ll sell it for $60 shipped.  Only played it once and it’s just taking up vault vinyl space on the shelf.
    let me know
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,120
    edited December 2018
    mrussel1 said:
    That's cool that you were at the San Fran show.  That's a great release, great set, in the middle of their peak as a group I think.  The catalog was so great through the Lillywhite/Busted Stuff that anything they played was going to make me happy.  
    Yeah I lived in the Richmond district right down the street from golden gate park in my early 20’s while in culinary school.  That year I actually saw dmb, willie Nelson for free, and a few other randoms in the park, just by walking down the street going through the woods and sneaking into the shows.  The good old days I suppose :)
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,652
    So is that Dave solo from 2002 available anywhere or do I have to go to eBay?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,474
    mcgruff10 said:
    So is that Dave solo from 2002 available anywhere or do I have to go to eBay?
    It's not on the Warehouse site, they are sold out.  So probably aftermarket.  Try discogs too.  
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,652
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    So is that Dave solo from 2002 available anywhere or do I have to go to eBay?
    It's not on the Warehouse site, they are sold out.  So probably aftermarket.  Try discogs too.  
    Will do. Thanks. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 887
    Cville N2 looks to be the show of the year. Good start to finish, hich is saying more than most of the shows this year.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,652
    Do they still play minarets live or is it a rare one?  For some reason I have always loved this song.   
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,474
    mcgruff10 said:
    Do they still play minarets live or is it a rare one?  For some reason I have always loved this song.   
    Last week they played Sweet Emotion and flowed right into a spectacular and angry Minarets. It was the highlight of the show for me. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,652
    edited December 2018
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Do they still play minarets live or is it a rare one?  For some reason I have always loved this song.   
    Last week they played Sweet Emotion and flowed right into a spectacular and angry Minarets. It was the highlight of the show for me. 
    I bet!!  Thanks for the response Tim and russel.  By the way, I m really loving these two shows on vinyl. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • WAREHOUSE question. Is it possible to request GA PIT only? In other words if I don't get selected for GA PIT, I don't want a secondary option just PIT tix. 

  • WAREHOUSE question. Is it possible to request GA PIT only? In other words if I don't get selected for GA PIT, I don't want a secondary option just PIT tix. 


    Yes

    There is a box that let's you opt out of other options.
    "My brain's a good brain!"


  • Yes

    There is a box that let's you opt out of other options.
    Sweet! Thank you for the lightning quick answer to my question.

  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Do they mail Warehouse tix or will call pickup?

    I'm not in the warehouse, but my buddy is, could he get me a pair of tix?
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    edited January 2019
    my2hands said:
    Do they mail Warehouse tix or will call pickup?

    I'm not in the warehouse, but my buddy is, could he get me a pair of tix?
    Mail 2 weeks before the show.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,474
    Strange tour this year.  No Cleveland,  Pittsburg or Virginia Beach.  These are staples for 25 years.  Im bummed by no Virginia Beach.  I hate going to Bristow. 
  • Just announced a show 30 minutes from my house. I haven’t seen them since 1999. Might have to take the drive 
Sign In or Register to comment.