Options

Dave Matthews Band

1232425262729»

Comments

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    So Walk Around The Moon?  what are the reviews from this group.  I have seen copies and thought about picking it up, but I am really tired of buying albums that only have 1 or 2 good songs on them.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    static111 said:
    So Walk Around The Moon?  what are the reviews from this group.  I have seen copies and thought about picking it up, but I am really tired of buying albums that only have 1 or 2 good songs on them.
    I think it’s quite good.  It’s mellow, reserved but breezes along with short songs. I especially like the Ocean and the Butterfly, which has some serious jazz influence.  After Everything is cheesy but hey, you always get at least one cheese song from Dave.  Buddy sings backup.  I think he’s good.  Also nice to see Break Free finally making an album.

I also really liked that Ryan Smith at Sterling cut this lacquer.  The separation and layering is excellent.  He’s an A+ engineer and I appreciate he took time away from cutting the greatest jazz records of all time to work a DMB record.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    I think it’s quite good.  It’s mellow, reserved but breezes along with short songs. I especially like the Ocean and the Butterfly, which has some serious jazz influence.  After Everything is cheesy but hey, you always get at least one cheese song from Dave.  Buddy sings backup.  I think he’s good.  Also nice to see Break Free finally making an album.

I also really liked that Ryan Smith at Sterling cut this lacquer.  The separation and layering is excellent.  He’s an A+ engineer and I appreciate he took time away from cutting the greatest jazz records of all time to work a DMB record.  
    Looks like I will have to pick it up.  I'm sure I missed out on lavendar, but I've seen red at target and green at Barnes and Noble.  I have been waiting for a good album since Everyday...Hope this one doesn't let me down.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:

Looks like I will have to pick it up.  I'm sure I missed out on lavendar, but I've seen red at target and green at Barnes and Noble.  I have been waiting for a good album since Everyday...Hope this one doesn't let me down.
    I think it's definitely worth the $20-23.  It has a different feel than most of their records.  It's a little more sparse and restrained, rather than everyone trying to get in on the action.  But it works.  It's not DMB jam, it's adult rock for sure. 
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,178
    I’ve lost count of how many Dave shows I’ve seen. Have seen almost all the Saratoga shows, but saw them last night at SPAC and I have to say it was one of the best Dave shows I’ve seen. 
  • Options
    I’ve lost count of how many Dave shows I’ve seen. Have seen almost all the Saratoga shows, but saw them last night at SPAC and I have to say it was one of the best Dave shows I’ve seen. 
    Well that seems to be an excellent set.  Opening with The Stone will always put you in the right mood.  SPAC seems to get great setlists. 
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    They've played some great sets here recently 
  • Options
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    Another short fall run added to the itinerary, Two more shows in New England, two more at MSG, and one less than Pearl Jam's entire 2023. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Yeah I knew this would come.  I mentioned a few months ago that when tehy didn't have any VA shows, they were sure to do two shows in Cville in the fall.  That's their MO.  Doesn't hurt that Dave's daughters are seniors at UVA, so he probably goes to see them as well.  

I am going to Greenville show for a work thing and then probably one or both in C'ville.  There's just something about seeing them at home that's really special.  
  • Options
    Seems that Dave covered Just Breathe last night 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    Touring machine

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    JimmyV said:
    Touring machine

Two dates at Royal Albert Hall.
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    Just picked up two tickets for Night 2 in London.
    Prices were a bit higher than Dublin, but I've never been to the Royal Albert Hall.
    Dublin prices were €78.50 ($83.50) pretty much for anywhere in the venue. London cost me £101 ($124) for stalls.
  • Options
    Yoooooo....if youre like me and have given up on Before These Crowded Streets ever getting reissued on vinyl--- there's actual good news for ya, finally:)  
  • Options
    @mrussel1 have you picked up the live Dave and Tim DMBLive - J.T. Kingsbury Hall - Salt Lake City, UT - March 3, 1999?  Looks like a good set that may be worth spending money on.  I thought if anyone would know it might be you.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    Summer tour announced. Bummer no Bangor or Canada.