Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

Dave Matthews Band

1141516171820»

Comments

• disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 998
    Maybe I get your emails. They send me two of everything for some reason. It's kind of annoying.

And for what it's worth, last year's bottle opener has gotten lots of use. Is it worth $35? No, but add the WH10 CD, the shop discount, etc. and that makes it worth it to me.
  • hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FLPosts: 609
    I just reupped as well, but not sure why. I only go to their one local show, and they weren't even playing us last year (but are supposed to in 2021). I don't even get GA for them, because my wife wants to have a seat during one of their 10 minute jams. I did win one of the contests once (got a pair of shorts). 
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 998
    @hihobibo Do you get decent seats through the WH? I always hear people complain about what they get, but then again, that is part of human nature. If decent seats are, in fact, available to members, then I may renew just to keep my number. The same reason I've been renewing 10c since the mid-nineties, just to keep my spot in line.

I prefer GA or lawn though, so I can move if I have a bunch of annoying drunk chicks in front of me, or dudes yelling 'Where's Boyd?' in-between every song behind me. They rarely play in my area, not even Alpine Valley this go-around, but I'm used to bands only coming by every few years. It also saves me money. I think the last time they were in the area was the Superbowl show.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 19,806
    @hihobibo Do you get decent seats through the WH? I always hear people complain about what they get, but then again, that is part of human nature. If decent seats are, in fact, available to members, then I may renew just to keep my number. The same reason I've been renewing 10c since the mid-nineties, just to keep my spot in line.

I prefer GA or lawn though, so I can move if I have a bunch of annoying drunk chicks in front of me, or dudes yelling 'Where's Boyd?' in-between every song behind me. They rarely play in my area, not even Alpine Valley this go-around, but I'm used to bands only coming by every few years. It also saves me money. I think the last time they were in the area was the Superbowl show.
    I usually get my first choice with GA. However the reserved seats usually suck. My best luck has been when the instant ticket drops happen.  I've had great reserve seat that way.  So these days I only go for GA and then wait for the drop. 
  • hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FLPosts: 609
    mrussel1 said:

I usually get my first choice with GA. However the reserved seats usually suck. My best luck has been when the instant ticket drops happen.  I've had great reserve seat that way.  So these days I only go for GA and then wait for the drop. 
    Similar. The reserved seats I have got were off to the side, and not in the one of the centered sections. They were at least on the aisle.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 19,806
    hihobibo said:
    mrussel1 said:

Similar. The reserved seats I have got were off to the side, and not in the one of the centered sections. They were at least on the aisle.
    Funny you're in Tampa.  The worst reserves I have won were in Tampa, I think it was '16, maybe 17.  They were centered by in the third section.  Can't see shit from there.  That was the show they played a shit ton from Crash and it was a great, great set.  I was bummed by the seats though.  Over in Palm Beach in 19, I won the "instant tickets" and they were first section, first row.  Spectacular seats.