Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

Dave Matthews Band

11617182022

Comments

  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    Maybe I get your emails. They send me two of everything for some reason. It's kind of annoying.

    And for what it's worth, last year's bottle opener has gotten lots of use. Is it worth $35? No, but add the WH10 CD, the shop discount, etc. and that makes it worth it to me.
  • hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FLPosts: 681
    I just reupped as well, but not sure why. I only go to their one local show, and they weren't even playing us last year (but are supposed to in 2021). I don't even get GA for them, because my wife wants to have a seat during one of their 10 minute jams. I did win one of the contests once (got a pair of shorts). 
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    @hihobibo Do you get decent seats through the WH? I always hear people complain about what they get, but then again, that is part of human nature. If decent seats are, in fact, available to members, then I may renew just to keep my number. The same reason I've been renewing 10c since the mid-nineties, just to keep my spot in line.

    I prefer GA or lawn though, so I can move if I have a bunch of annoying drunk chicks in front of me, or dudes yelling 'Where's Boyd?' in-between every song behind me. They rarely play in my area, not even Alpine Valley this go-around, but I'm used to bands only coming by every few years. It also saves me money. I think the last time they were in the area was the Superbowl show.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 21,958
    @hihobibo Do you get decent seats through the WH? I always hear people complain about what they get, but then again, that is part of human nature. If decent seats are, in fact, available to members, then I may renew just to keep my number. The same reason I've been renewing 10c since the mid-nineties, just to keep my spot in line.

    I prefer GA or lawn though, so I can move if I have a bunch of annoying drunk chicks in front of me, or dudes yelling 'Where's Boyd?' in-between every song behind me. They rarely play in my area, not even Alpine Valley this go-around, but I'm used to bands only coming by every few years. It also saves me money. I think the last time they were in the area was the Superbowl show.
    I usually get my first choice with GA. However the reserved seats usually suck. My best luck has been when the instant ticket drops happen.  I've had great reserve seat that way.  So these days I only go for GA and then wait for the drop. 
  • hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FLPosts: 681
    mrussel1 said:
    @hihobibo Do you get decent seats through the WH? I always hear people complain about what they get, but then again, that is part of human nature. If decent seats are, in fact, available to members, then I may renew just to keep my number. The same reason I've been renewing 10c since the mid-nineties, just to keep my spot in line.

    I prefer GA or lawn though, so I can move if I have a bunch of annoying drunk chicks in front of me, or dudes yelling 'Where's Boyd?' in-between every song behind me. They rarely play in my area, not even Alpine Valley this go-around, but I'm used to bands only coming by every few years. It also saves me money. I think the last time they were in the area was the Superbowl show.
    I usually get my first choice with GA. However the reserved seats usually suck. My best luck has been when the instant ticket drops happen.  I've had great reserve seat that way.  So these days I only go for GA and then wait for the drop. 
    Similar. The reserved seats I have got were off to the side, and not in the one of the centered sections. They were at least on the aisle.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 21,958
    hihobibo said:
    mrussel1 said:
    @hihobibo Do you get decent seats through the WH? I always hear people complain about what they get, but then again, that is part of human nature. If decent seats are, in fact, available to members, then I may renew just to keep my number. The same reason I've been renewing 10c since the mid-nineties, just to keep my spot in line.

    I prefer GA or lawn though, so I can move if I have a bunch of annoying drunk chicks in front of me, or dudes yelling 'Where's Boyd?' in-between every song behind me. They rarely play in my area, not even Alpine Valley this go-around, but I'm used to bands only coming by every few years. It also saves me money. I think the last time they were in the area was the Superbowl show.
    I usually get my first choice with GA. However the reserved seats usually suck. My best luck has been when the instant ticket drops happen.  I've had great reserve seat that way.  So these days I only go for GA and then wait for the drop. 
    Similar. The reserved seats I have got were off to the side, and not in the one of the centered sections. They were at least on the aisle.
    Funny you're in Tampa.  The worst reserves I have won were in Tampa, I think it was '16, maybe 17.  They were centered by in the third section.  Can't see shit from there.  That was the show they played a shit ton from Crash and it was a great, great set.  I was bummed by the seats though.  Over in Palm Beach in 19, I won the "instant tickets" and they were first section, first row.  Spectacular seats. 
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    My grace period is almost gone (pun intended) and they haven't responded to very simple questions that I sent a few weeks ago:

    1) What will the file format be for the downloads
    2) Does everyone get the same show, or do we get to pick from any available shows?

    However, they just added a few 2019 shows to Nugs, so I'm wondering if those will be the ones we pick from? Assuming we are able to pick. Now I'm torn again...
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 283
    edited January 29
    I already renewed, but would be good to know if it's 1 show for everyone of if everyone gets to pick 1 show.

    I emailed them as well. Will let you know if they respond.
    Post edited by Jumb0 on
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    Could you please let us know next month what the downloads are? I am assuming you renewed in January. 

    There are too many unknowns with these changes that I am sticking with my original plan of signing up again if they announce a tour stop that I'm interested in, since seniority doesn't seem to matter anymore.
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 283
    Could you please let us know next month what the downloads are? I am assuming you renewed in January. 

    There are too many unknowns with these changes that I am sticking with my original plan of signing up again if they announce a tour stop that I'm interested in, since seniority doesn't seem to matter anymore.

    Got a response. They way they phrased it makes me think it’s 1 predetermined show. 

    “We will be announcing the full concert download on Monday!  Thank you for your patience.”
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 21,958
    Jumb0 said:
    Could you please let us know next month what the downloads are? I am assuming you renewed in January. 

    There are too many unknowns with these changes that I am sticking with my original plan of signing up again if they announce a tour stop that I'm interested in, since seniority doesn't seem to matter anymore.

    Got a response. They way they phrased it makes me think it’s 1 predetermined show. 

    “We will be announcing the full concert download on Monday!  Thank you for your patience.”
    Probably mp3, like they did when they released the winter C'ville show a few years ago.  
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    Bummer on the one show for all, if true. My guess would be the Vegas warm-up show from a year ago. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have any and all shows, but chances are they will also sell it on Nugs for $10. I mean, the Charlottesville show was originally for 2019 ticket holders only, but is now for anyone with $10.

    I'm not trying to sound negative or anything, just speaking the truth. Still love the music. I think I've been listening to DMB and Bruce more than PJ in past year or so. And others, of course, but those have been my main go-tos lately. Too bad they couldn't offer it at a discount since it's all digital now, like PJ does. Ah well, it is what it is.
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 283
    Bummer on the one show for all, if true. My guess would be the Vegas warm-up show from a year ago. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have any and all shows, but chances are they will also sell it on Nugs for $10. I mean, the Charlottesville show was originally for 2019 ticket holders only, but is now for anyone with $10.

    I'm not trying to sound negative or anything, just speaking the truth. Still love the music. I think I've been listening to DMB and Bruce more than PJ in past year or so. And others, of course, but those have been my main go-tos lately. Too bad they couldn't offer it at a discount since it's all digital now, like PJ does. Ah well, it is what it is.
    I’d be very surprised if it ended up on any of the streams. The CVille show you mentioned wasn’t a WH thing. Anyone that bought a ticket to a show got the download. 

    Also, none of the other WH discs are out there. 
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 5,534
    Would love if they did a Warehouse discs box set on vinyl. 

    I mean, I guess that was kinda the DMB 25 release, but those first 4-5 WH discs are fantastic.
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,477
    I don't currently have a computer, so I don't really care.  It's not like I'm going to dl a show on my phone.  
  • GibsonGibson TorontoPosts: 2,030
    mrussel1 said:
    Gibson said:
    Glad to see DMB getting some love here. Super-tight band that consistently tours, though if I had one complaint, it would be that the setlists sometimes don't flow very well. But still, definitely a top 5 touring band for sure.

    It's my WH renewal month, and I think I'm dropping out. They're going all digital now with no decrease in price. Seniority doesn't really matter anymore, so if they announce a show that I want to go to, I can always rejoin for a shot at GA. I did the Gorge last year, but that's more of a bucket list once in a lifetime thing for me. So unless they do Red Rocks again, I think I'll just stick to local shows.
    I'm not suggesting to stay or leave, but the one thing I will say is that I have never had an issue getting GA or GREAT seats for shows as a non WH member. I currently am one, but there's not too much I benefit from as a WHer.
    Where do you see shows and get GA without paying scalp?  Here in VA, that's difficult. 
    Toronto :)
    It certainly helps that our shows are habitually on Tuesday/Wednesday. We're the stop in between Deer Creek/Detroit ---> SPAC. We typically get a mailed in setlist because they just blew one crowd away and are figuring out how to change it up for the next coveted venue.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2

  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 21,958
    Gibson said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Gibson said:
    Glad to see DMB getting some love here. Super-tight band that consistently tours, though if I had one complaint, it would be that the setlists sometimes don't flow very well. But still, definitely a top 5 touring band for sure.

    It's my WH renewal month, and I think I'm dropping out. They're going all digital now with no decrease in price. Seniority doesn't really matter anymore, so if they announce a show that I want to go to, I can always rejoin for a shot at GA. I did the Gorge last year, but that's more of a bucket list once in a lifetime thing for me. So unless they do Red Rocks again, I think I'll just stick to local shows.
    I'm not suggesting to stay or leave, but the one thing I will say is that I have never had an issue getting GA or GREAT seats for shows as a non WH member. I currently am one, but there's not too much I benefit from as a WHer.
    Where do you see shows and get GA without paying scalp?  Here in VA, that's difficult. 
    Toronto :)
    It certainly helps that our shows are habitually on Tuesday/Wednesday. We're the stop in between Deer Creek/Detroit ---> SPAC. We typically get a mailed in setlist because they just blew one crowd away and are figuring out how to change it up for the next coveted venue.
    Ha, good point.  Here in VA, we always have weekend shows.  They usually take a break right after a show since they are home, so we get good shows and on a weekend.  I cannot remember the last time a show wasn't on a Fri or Sat in VA Beach or Bristow.
  • GibsonGibson TorontoPosts: 2,030
    edited February 3
    Random shot here. I know this should be a part of Lost Dogs, but I'm in search of the following posters:
    DMB Toronto - 2008 - found
    DMB Toronto - 2019

    I bought both posters at the shows, but they've gotten lost in the shuffle. I'm pretty sure I know who stole them, but I also know him well enough to know they were sold looooong before I noticed they were missing.

    And for anyone that already knows what these posters look like, they were rolled together. 2019 is ugly as sin, which makes one wonder why anyone would take it..But I digress. I've also posted this request on the DMB poster forum, but that page gets 3 posts per week.

    Any help is appreciated.
    Post edited by Gibson on
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2

  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 21,958
    Gibson said:
    Random shot here. I know this should be a part of Lost Dogs, but I'm in search of the following posters:
    DMB Toronto - 2008
    DMB Toronto - 2019

    I bought both posters at the shows, but they've gotten lost in the shuffle. I'm pretty sure I know who stole them, but I also know him well enough to know they were sold looooong before I noticed they were missing.

    And for anyone that already knows what these posters look like, they were rolled together. 2019 is ugly as sin, which makes one wonder why anyone would take it..But I digress. I've also posted this request on the DMB poster forum, but that page gets 3 posts per week.

    Any help is appreciated.


    This one? I'd talk about a trade or something. 
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 21,958
    Oops. I thought it was 2018, 2019.  Not 2008.
  • GibsonGibson TorontoPosts: 2,030
    mrussel1 said:
    Oops. I thought it was 2018, 2019.  Not 2008.
    Thanks - I do have that one, too. She's a beauty!
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2

  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 21,958
    Gibson said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Oops. I thought it was 2018, 2019.  Not 2008.
    Thanks - I do have that one, too. She's a beauty!
    It's a great print
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    I've been binging the DMBLive series as of late. Some great early stuff there, and that Dave solo Benny show is awesome. Lots of Help Myself, which makes me think of Scream 2 every time it starts. And the point of this story? It's Friday and I'm counting down the clock at work. Have a pleasant weekend, everybody.
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    Do they ever make a zip-up hoodie? I don't think I've ever seen one at a show, and definitely not in the WH store right now. I can't stand pullovers, but love me a zip-up!
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 21,958
    Do they ever make a zip-up hoodie? I don't think I've ever seen one at a show, and definitely not in the WH store right now. I can't stand pullovers, but love me a zip-up!
    Never seen one.  The pull over is on sale right now if you can fight through your disdain. 
    I love the PJ hoodies. They are so damn comfortable.
  • hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FLPosts: 681
    mrussel1 said:
    Do they ever make a zip-up hoodie? I don't think I've ever seen one at a show, and definitely not in the WH store right now. I can't stand pullovers, but love me a zip-up!
    Never seen one.  The pull over is on sale right now if you can fight through your disdain. 
    I love the PJ hoodies. They are so damn comfortable.
    And if you can squeeze into a small!
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 21,958
    hihobibo said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Do they ever make a zip-up hoodie? I don't think I've ever seen one at a show, and definitely not in the WH store right now. I can't stand pullovers, but love me a zip-up!
    Never seen one.  The pull over is on sale right now if you can fight through your disdain. 
    I love the PJ hoodies. They are so damn comfortable.
    And if you can squeeze into a small!
    Yeah it's no problem..


  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    mrussel1 said:
    Do they ever make a zip-up hoodie? I don't think I've ever seen one at a show, and definitely not in the WH store right now. I can't stand pullovers, but love me a zip-up!
    Never seen one.  The pull over is on sale right now if you can fight through your disdain. 
    I love the PJ hoodies. They are so damn comfortable.
    Yup, wearing my Wrigley 2018 as we speak.
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    hihobibo said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Do they ever make a zip-up hoodie? I don't think I've ever seen one at a show, and definitely not in the WH store right now. I can't stand pullovers, but love me a zip-up!
    Never seen one.  The pull over is on sale right now if you can fight through your disdain. 
    I love the PJ hoodies. They are so damn comfortable.
    And if you can squeeze into a small!
    Even my kids don't do smalls! I can get by with a large, but only if sleeveless or tank, otherwise XL only for this guy.
Sign In or Register to comment.