Dave Matthews Band

1111213141517»

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 14,158
    Thanks, @pearljammr78! We were doing an Alaskan cruise which just happened to get back a few days before the Gorge, so I thought, why not? Never again, logistically speaking, but had to see what all the fuss was about.
    I live on the east coast, and it seems like so much work to get to the Gorge.  I don't know if I will ever make it because of the long flight, and then drive that is just as long.  Throw in the barren desert, lacking amenities, and it just seems daunting.  I'm sure once you're in, it's awesome.  
  • Had we not been in Seattle already, I never would've considered it. But the car rental price wasn't too bad, and the drive was beautiful. Got to stop at the Double R Diner for cherry pie and a damn fine cup of coffee, not to mention stopping for hikes along the way. The view from Rattlesnake Ledge was worth the 2 miles up. But yeah, this was a once in a lifetime thing for me. There are some that trek it every year but I like to switch my vacations up. That's why I'm done with PJ at Wrigley, done it enough times. Maybe Boston if they keep with they stadium tours? Might drive to DC next summer as a family trip. I want to check out the spy museum and then we're close to Philly so I can run the Rocky steps. And I just got way off topic...
  • Back on topic, what's a good site for AUD recordings? I've been spoiled by too many "official" bootlegs, that I am out of touch with these sites. I checked DIME and not much there for DMB. Was looking for the Gorge shows since they might only officially release one if any as a Live Trax someday.
    Back on topic, what's a good site for AUD recordings? I've been spoiled by too many "official" bootlegs, that I am out of touch with these sites. I checked DIME and not much there for DMB. Was looking for the Gorge shows since they might only officially release one if any as a Live Trax someday.
    antsmarching.org.  The tapers up things there first and foremost.  No seed ratio required.  If you need something and can't get a membership, I can grab for you.  

I drove through Gorge last summer on the way from Seattle to Missoula as part of the road trip.  It was at that moment that I realized I would probably never make a DMB weekend there.  Now if they do another weekend at Red Rocks, I'm all over that.  

DC family trip is great.  That's my neck of the woods.  If you can do it in spring or fall before the heat and summer vacations, you will have much less stress.  The Mall and museums are very crowded in the summer.  
    Just checked, all three Gorge are posted. 
  • Thanks for that link, I'll check it out later. My wife goes to DC for work every June (this year they made them go in July and she said it was miserable so they'll stick with June) so free hotel! And if we drive, they'll reimburse her the cost of a plane ticket, so pretty much free gas. Just need to avoid tolls. And from what I've heard, pretty much every museum is free there.
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New JerseyPosts: 4,952
    edited October 15
    This just posted on YouTube.  Dave & Stefan on the side stage of H.O.R.D.E festival in 1995 before Crash. Supposed to be the debut of Crash Into Me.

If this had already been posted, sorry for redundancy. 

It's about a 20 minute set,  choppy at times. 

Post edited by njnancy on
    Vote  for DMB and Soundgarden for Rock HOF!!  

https://www.google.com/search?q=Rock+Hall+Fan+Vote
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWestPosts: 12,928
    mrussel1 said:
    Vote  for DMB and Soundgarden for Rock HOF!!  

https://www.google.com/search?q=Rock+Hall+Fan+Vote
    Really deep class this year but DMB is an easy call. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 656
    Might not be a popular opinion, but I don't think it's cool for DMB (or any band) to send a mass email to fans, telling them to vote daily for RNRHOF. I don't know why, just doesn't seem very rock & roll to me.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWestPosts: 12,928
    edited October 24
    Might not be a popular opinion, but I don't think it's cool for DMB (or any band) to send a mass email to fans, telling them to vote daily for RNRHOF. I don't know why, just doesn't seem very rock & roll to me.
    I can see that. But, the fan vote ends up meaning so little. Emails and/or social media posts urging fans to vote is basically just stewardship and advertising. It's an easy way to keep your fans engaged and involved.  

EDIT: And to your point...none of that seems very rock & roll. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • What’s worse. An email for fans to vote for a much deserving band like DMB or an email that peddles merch once a month. 

How about just sending emails for important things like shows or album releases. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
    What’s worse. An email for fans to vote for a much deserving band like DMB or an email that peddles merch once a month. 

How about just sending emails for important things like shows or album releases. 
    I have no problems with any of the emails.  They run pretty good specials a few times a year.  Please everything is generally cheaper than PJ.  I picked up a handful of five dollar shirts and glasses. 

• disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 656
    They do have good sales, I'll give them that. I got a few shirts and coffee mugs for $5 apiece Cinco de Mayo I think it was? Before that was probably BF, and all deals stack with the WH discount.
    Ok now I keep getting the "vote" email.  Maybe it's getting over the top.