anyone listen to rap?

1235»

Comments

• Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Radio and License To Ill are basically the same record except Licensed To Ill has better rappers, guitar samples, and beats.
    Ah but Radio came first :) I'm not big on ol' Ladeez love but he is pretty important in the evolution of hip-hop.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • I listen to Outkast.

me too
    Oh he fills it up with the love of a girl...
  • hguz73hguz73 Posts: 245
    I'll just stick to the old school stuff..Beastie Boys, NWA, Cypress Hill, Dr. Dre, Ice-T, Public Enemy, Wu-Tang Clan maybe some Methodman and Ghostface Killah is ok too..haven't really given a good hear at new stuff..NAS is quite decent though...
    hguz73 wrote:
    I'll just stick to the old school stuff..Beastie Boys, NWA, Cypress Hill, Dr. Dre, Ice-T, Public Enemy, Wu-Tang Clan maybe some Methodman and Ghostface Killah is ok too..haven't really given a good hear at new stuff..NAS is quite decent though...
    Nas' Illmatic is the best hip-hop album ever made, with the only possible rival of the Wu-Tang's debut.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    so what do you think of as for Emimen? Granted, he's white, but I have seen him put out some good music.

Do you think that because he is not black, and cannot take his music to that really raw level, he is not even in the race so to speak?
    I like him so I was curious as to your thoughts on this.
    I have heard him "raw" as I say, but I don't know how you guys feel about it........anyone want to enlighten me?
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
    writersu wrote:
    so what do you think of as for Emimen? Granted, he's white, but I have seen him put out some good music.

Do you think that because he is not black, and cannot take his music to that really raw level, he is not even in the race so to speak?
    I like him so I was curious as to your thoughts on this.
    I have heard him "raw" as I say, but I don't know how you guys feel about it........anyone want to enlighten me?
    Excellent rapper, terrible artist for the most part. His earlier stuff had flashes of absolute brilliance. Songs like Rock Bottom and If I Had are some of the best rap songs ever in my opinion and I listen to a LOT. He just generally does too much of that crap, supposedly humorous stuff now.
  • writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Excellent rapper, terrible artist for the most part. His earlier stuff had flashes of absolute brilliance. Songs like Rock Bottom and If I Had are some of the best rap songs ever in my opinion and I listen to a LOT. He just generally does too much of that crap, supposedly humorous stuff now.

yeah, I know what you meam; humor like in the recent which are probably not recent at all, but where he makes fun of himself and his image as in like slim/eminem.

I guess I think of his songs that I like as in (please firgive the titles perhaps being wrong), but "When I'm Gone" for example.
    But I do hear you on that in the case where we are talking about rap here, then there are many many more artists that have done consistent work that has gone on another level each time they are out there with a new one.

do you think that's what it is all about?
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........