Dokken is a better band than Pearl Jam.

124»

Comments

• hoopinmanhoopinman Posts: 294
    hey fanch75

you never answered my question

If Dokken is SO MUCH BETTER than PJ...then why are they opening up for Poison, and PJ is headlining places like Camden,Bonnaroo, and MSG?
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    fanch75 wrote:
    What the hell are the Squidbillies?

its the name given to white retards who like 80's androgynous metal.

i'm pretty sure its no.197 on that fucking list you always quote.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    dunkman wrote:
    its the name given to white retards who like 80's androgynous metal.

i'm pretty sure its no.197 on that fucking list you always quote.

you're very harsh on the old skool metal Dunk.....I'd love to know what path you trod on your way to the Pearl Jam sanctuary :)
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
    jamie uk wrote:
    you're very harsh on the old skool metal Dunk.....I'd love to know what path you trod on your way to the Pearl Jam sanctuary :)

lots of hairy single women. :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Dokken are shittier than a tangerine and peanut munching bunch of scat enthusiasts on a sponsored Manure Eating Contest...
    dunkman wrote:
    lots of hairy single women. :)

musical path I mean, clever dick :p
    Like me....Adam ant...Police...ac/dc...Iron Maiden...Metallica...(along the way Zeppelin/purple/rainbow/whitesnake..etc, not to mention the Cure/James and a host of non metal others)...Kings X.....Nirvana...then POW!!!!! Pearl Jam :)
    jamie uk wrote:
    musical path I mean, clever dick :p
    Like me....Adam ant...Police...ac/dc...Iron Maiden...Metallica...(along the way Zeppelin/purple/rainbow/whitesnake..etc, not to mention the Cure/James and a host of non metal others)...Kings X.....Nirvana...then POW!!!!! Pearl Jam :)

some bands hit me amigo.... like KOL... White Stripes... Stone Roses.. Beatles... etc.

i turned the TV over one night and Ed singing just got it for me.... then i watched the Unplugged thing a few months later and i was totally blown away.

you are soooooo much older than me ;) and that Methuselah dude :p
  • writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    Your obnoxious for even making such an absurd comment :D Whats up with all of this obnoxiousicism on the board?

And I agree with what elvis said, although I thought he was dead.

obnoxiousicism? George W., is that really YOU???
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    lol yea. I was trying to sound like an idiot on purpose. I guess it worked.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    lol yea. I was trying to sound like an idiot on purpose. I guess it worked.[/quote

touche! I am the only one who likes the guy here but oh well, even he made a joke about his skills with the english language.....

if we can't laugh at ourselves, who can we laugh at?
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    writersu wrote:
    lol yea. I was trying to sound like an idiot on purpose. I guess it worked.[/quote

touche! I am the only one who likes the guy here but oh well, even he made a joke about his skills with the english language.....

if we can't laugh at ourselves, who can we laugh at?

Oh but I wasn't making a joke of GWB in the first place. So you like bush AND pearl jam? Are you bi-polar? ;)
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
    dunkman wrote:
    some bands hit me amigo.... like KOL... White Stripes... Stone Roses.. Beatles... etc.

i turned the TV over one night and Ed singing just got it for me.... then i watched the Unplugged thing a few months later and i was totally blown away.

I'm not that much older am I ?

p.s.....cheeky bastard.
  • force-10force-10 Posts: 794
    dunkman wrote:

that made me remember the first time i heard pj. it was on a guatemalan radio show when they played leaving here and the moron (i remember) said "daughter". i liked it (i was into guns n roses at the time, 1994, the first rock band i really got into). after that i remember the same show played that same year yellow ledbetter, but didn´t bother to look pj up (what an idiot!), i was diggin into rem, u2, and i think ac/dc.

it was until ´98 that a friend at school just bought YIELD (he had a huge advantage in having an older brother wich i don´t, that was a pj fan), and was psyched out. on that same month my friend´s brother (who are both musicians) handed us TEN and that was a humongous POW!!! Changed my young life around. The next day i borrowed VS from my friend who i mentioned first.

on that same month one of the school´s bands covered GO! A coincidence? By the way that song was our hymn for our graduation.

And then started my quest on the rest of the pj material. and after that experience, im open to any rock genre (from sepultura to david bowie and everything in the middle, well not everything.)....
    IN THE DARK, ALL CATS ARE BLACK.
  • edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001
    who the hell is DOKKEN?
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    who the hell is DOKKEN?

A band that rules.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4Q9FB-oJAY
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    JUST SAY NO to Dokken
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Wow, I hate these kind of threads.

"This band is better than this band. Blah, blah, fucking BLAH".

Grow the hell up and you'll notice that most people won't a flying fuck about what band you think is better than PJ.