Dokken is a better band than Pearl Jam.

fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
edited August 2008 in Other Music
It's true.

They just are. When Dokken put out a shitty album like riot act, I'll confess otherwise. Jeff & Stone wish they could have great harmonious (like that word, advanced-level white people?) background vox like Dokken have.

NOT TO MENTION DOKKEN PUT OUT ONE OF THEIR BEST ALBUMS EVER, LIGHTNING STRIKES AGAIN, NEARLY 30 YEARS INTO THEIR CAREER...

But Seriously............tonight, Dokken were AWESOME. Don got a 5-8 year old little girl up on stage with him, sang "Alone Again" to her. I bet her parents were proud as could be. The musicianship was incredible.

And FUCK Wilco.
Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Uhhh.......no?
    Chicago 8-23-09

• jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    :D I saw Dokken support AC/DC one time, about 198:o.......and erm, no I don't believe they are better than Pearl Jam, in fact they're only marginally better than itching powder down your pants.
    :p
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    jamie uk wrote:
    they're only marginally better than itching powder down your pants.
    :p

You obviously don't know what you are talking about. Go listen to Wilco and talk aboot how much smarter you are than everyone else, you advanced-level white person.
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Hell, with a band name like that, how can he be wrong?
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    fanch75 wrote:
    It's true.

They just are. When Dokken put out a shitty album like riot act, I'll confess otherwise. Jeff & Stone wish they could have great harmonious (like that word, advanced-level white people?) background vox like Dokken have.

But Seriously............tonight, Dokken were AWESOME. Don got a 5-8 year old little girl up on stage with him, sang "Alone Again" to her. I bet her parents were proud as could be. The musicianship was incredible.

And FUCK Wilco.

ok, we all can have our likes and dislikes. but be careful, dude. you may have to go back to the brainwashing chamber............shhhhh..........
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
    writersu wrote:
    ok, we all can have our likes and dislikes. but be careful, dude. you may have to go back to the brainwashing chamber............shhhhh..........

Yeah, because in 2008, everyone is on the Dokken bandwagon.
    fanch75 wrote:
    You obviously don't know what you are talking about. Go listen to Wilco and talk aboot how much smarter you are than everyone else, you advanced-level white person.

Huh :confused: I don't like Wilco, arty farty drones if you're asking me what I think....which you aren't, you're telling me ;) Luckily we're not both drunk and looking for an argument :)
    jamie uk wrote:
    Huh :confused: I don't like Wilco, arty farty drones if you're asking me what I think....which you aren't, you're telling me ;) Luckily we're not both drunk and looking for an argument :)

Want to hear my poem about global warming?
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    jamie uk wrote:
    Huh :confused: I don't like Wilco, arty farty drones if you're asking me what I think....which you aren't, you're telling me ; ) Luckily we're not both drunk and looking for an argument :)

wilc... i mean dokken make my head explode. ;):p:D

oh and wilco are not arty farty drones.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    Hey there's lots of bands better than Pearl Jam but Dokken ain't one of them. I saw them in 1988 or 89 when they opened for ACDC or Poison and they suckkedd or I paided them no mind, either one.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

fanch75 wrote:
    Want to hear my poem about global warming?

Aaah, wouldn't you know it! This is terrible luck....just on my way out the door buddy, got a busy day ahead ;):)
    wilc... i mean dokken make my head explode. ;):p:D

that's the price you pay for being THAT awesome
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    fanch75 wrote:
    that's the price you pay for being THAT awesome

but it was MY head not dokkens. they pay no price. i however, am now headless. :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • My dad met Lynch at numerous parties and he's a Douche with a capital D, and I don't fancy them at all I think it's shitty pop metal
  • hoopinmanhoopinman Posts: 294
    if they are so much better than PJ then why are they touring with Poison and Sebastian Bach???????
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Dude your vendetta against Riot Act knows no bounds.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
    hoopinman wrote:
    if they are so much better than PJ then why are they touring with Poison and Sebastian Bach???????

What do your indie rock sensibilities tell you?
  • hoopinmanhoopinman Posts: 294
    my indie rock sensibilities???

WTF does that mean??

you didnt answer my question...Seriously..if they are soooo much better....why are they OPENING for Poison????
  • tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    Dokken it's a playstation videogame, oh no it's Tekken.....
  • "All the rusted signs we ignore throughout our lives"--Ed
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    if dokken would have just put down the aquanet and played, they would have been the greatest band out of that era.
    I love to turn you on
  • BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    fanch75 wrote:
    It's true.

NOT TO MENTION DOKKEN PUT OUT ONE OF THEIR BEST ALBUMS EVER, LIGHTNING STRIKES AGAIN, NEARLY 30 YEARS INTO THEIR CAREER...

And FUCK Wilco.

You are a heavy metal loser. Go kill yourself.
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    I have to completely disagree...but thanks for playing
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Given that Dokken are the worst band ever, the title of this thread is a paradox.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • dannydanny Posts: 2,278
    fanch75 wrote:
    It's true.

And FUCK Wilco.

keep smoking the weed!!!!!!!!!!!
    danny d
  • DjangoDjango Posts: 152
    Dokken are now alternative rock, if you think about it.

Could it be the time that hair metal rises again?

It's been what 20 odd years since it's hay day and everything goes in cycles. And what comes next is usually the opposite or what's gone before.
    Pretty soon again it'll all be male models with stupid italian surnames, licking they're pointy guitars and posing for the girlies.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    RATT to me was more entertaining than Dokken. In fact I totally forgot about till ya brought them up in this hideous thread.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Dokken blew in the 80's and they blow now
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    fanch75 wrote:

your theory doesn't seem to be getting much support sir ;) do you stand by your statement in sobriety? :p:D