Comments

• 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Can we just kill this thread already?
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153

Who the Fuck is this Doken anyways??? :confused:
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    fanch75 wrote:
    From Wikipedia. Take THIS, Pearl Jam!

Dwight Schrute, a popular character on the American TV series The Office, was a Dokken fan as shown in Dwight's web log entry from September 27, 2007. In this entry Dwight opened a time capsule from himself that was sealed in 1985, and it included a letter to his future self that read: "Dokken Rules. Dwight."[4]
    they are making fun of it because Dwight only likes 80 hair metal

JUST SAY NO to Dokken
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,841

What do you have against Dokken?
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734

Yeah! What's wrong with Dokken? Do they rule too much or what?

And why ask to have it killed? There are a million threads on the Pit about stuff I don't give a fuck about.

OT - The wife & I are watching Sleepless In Seattle. Great chick flick, maybe the best ever.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
    I've never heard of them. Nor do I ever care to hear about them. The title of this thread alone is also extremely obnoxious.
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
    I've never heard of them.

Surprising coming from a Jerseyite. I mean if Bon Jovi is huge there, how could you not have heard of Don fucking Dokken??
    I don't like metal and I don't really like any music from the 80's either. So a metal band from the 80's probably isn't going to tickle my fancy.
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    Because there probably isn't a Dokken board. Their fans are so hard core, they are too busy chugging JD and snorting blow off of the sleeves of their jean jackets to have discovered the internet yet.
    This post kicks even more ass than the video for It's Not Love.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    I've never heard of them. Nor do I ever care to hear about them. The title of this thread alone is also extremely obnoxious.

Well, either you are extremely bored or denying your inner love for Dokken by even mixing with those of us who have obnoxious taste........right?
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
    DocChicago wrote:
    This post kicks even more ass than the video for It's Not Love.

Thanks Doc. Bono totally stole that idea from Don fucking Dokken
  • force-10force-10 Posts: 794
    fanch75 wrote:
    It's true.

They just are. When Dokken put out a shitty album like riot act, I'll confess otherwise. Jeff & Stone wish they could have great harmonious (like that word, advanced-level white people?) background vox like Dokken have.

NOT TO MENTION DOKKEN PUT OUT ONE OF THEIR BEST ALBUMS EVER, LIGHTNING STRIKES AGAIN, NEARLY 30 YEARS INTO THEIR CAREER...

But Seriously............tonight, Dokken were AWESOME. Don got a 5-8 year old little girl up on stage with him, sang "Alone Again" to her. I bet her parents were proud as could be. The musicianship was incredible.

And FUCK Wilco.

you might as well name the thread "all pj fans are assholes" and you wouldn´t have received so many angry answers.
    IN THE DARK, ALL CATS ARE BLACK.
  • Dokken just straight up fuckin blows. Still...
    Gets up, lights a cigarette he's grown to hate
    Thinking if he can't sleep, how will he ever dream?

But his heart don't seem to roam......
  • MODS....isnt about time to ban this guy for good?
    writersu wrote:
    Well, either you are extremely bored or denying your inner love for Dokken by even mixing with those of us who have obnoxious taste........right?

Your obnoxious for even making such an absurd comment :D Whats up with all of this obnoxiousicism on the board?

And I agree with what elvis said, although I thought he was dead.
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • hey buddy
    don't diss PJ without warning around here, PJ is way better then dokken,tooth and nail!!!
    they just got lucky and were in the right place at the right time......

seroiusly, I was trying to use as many dokken titles as I could,too hard ,wow they have some really gay shit.
    but with 13,000+ post I'll assume your a die hard having some fun. if I killed the joke...sorry!!
    and If It's not a joke....sorry for laughing so hard!!!!
  • fanch75 wrote:
    It's true.

They just are. When Dokken put out a shitty album like riot act, I'll confess otherwise. Jeff & Stone wish they could have great harmonious (like that word, advanced-level white people?) background vox like Dokken have.

NOT TO MENTION DOKKEN PUT OUT ONE OF THEIR BEST ALBUMS EVER, LIGHTNING STRIKES AGAIN, NEARLY 30 YEARS INTO THEIR CAREER...

But Seriously............tonight, Dokken were AWESOME. Don got a 5-8 year old little girl up on stage with him, sang "Alone Again" to her. I bet her parents were proud as could be. The musicianship was incredible.

And FUCK Wilco.

one word:

HAAHAHAAAHAHAAAHAHAHAAHAAAAHAHAHAAAHHHAAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHA

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come...."
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    jamie uk wrote:
    You like Dokken too then..? :rolleyes: ;):p
    Personally I thought they were rubbish, compared to the mighty Skid Row anyway :)
    Um, actually, no.
    I just thought fanch75's enthusiasm for them might be better expressed among other fans, since it doesn't seem to be going over too well on a PJ site. :rolleyes:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • PorchsitterPorchsitter Posts: 1,069
    Dokken is nothing more than a shell of itself without George. Damn you, Don!
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • KannKann Posts: 1,146
    Didn't know who dokken was so I just watched a video of them... yeah there's more asskicking in one mccready solo than in their entire leather covered band
    Kann wrote:
    Didn't know who dokken was so I just watched a video of them... yeah there's more asskicking in one mccready solo than in their entire leather covered band

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7m1x5XAKYk
    MODS....isnt about time to ban this guy for good?

Because he made a humorous post that upset some people who didn't get it? Looks like everyone should be banned, in that case.
    Fucking A, mate.
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    MODS....isnt about time to ban this guy for good?

I see nothing wrong with comparing and contrasting the musically stylings of one musical group over another.

Rockin' with Dokken!

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    they suck more than a starving Ethiopian trying to inhale a whole roast chicken through a straw.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    currently playing on sirius hair nation!!!!

INTO THE FIRE!!!!!!!!!
    I love to turn you on
  • Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    Not many better horror movie theme songs than Dream Warriors....

how sweet, fresh meat...

Dokken and Freddy...awesome

Under Lock and Key was my favorite Dokken record.
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    I was watching Squidbillies last night and they made a reference to Dokken and how Early had to prevent Don from spreading his satanic message.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
    What the hell are the Squidbillies?