The New PIXIES Thread

Comments

• MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    I have Coachella, and that is b/c I burned it off from winxp(?) Yeah I agree w/you, it HAS to turn up some how. I heard that Clear Channel was putting restrictions on recording concerts, b/c they want to make $ off the shows themselves. I wonder how many of those venues they played at where at a Clear Channel venue? hmm

makes you think.
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
    BUMP for PIXIES!!

they might be doing Lollapolooza in Chicago :) even though, no official announcement has been made.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • viggs20viggs20 Posts: 1,296
    I caught the last 20 minutes of Pixies on Austin City Limits when it came on PBS last week...does anyone know when they are going to show it again ? The band looked really happy playing and Kim was just smiling the whole time.
    "Reality continues to ruin my life." - Calvin & Hobbes.

www.stopglobalaids.com www.indymedia.org www.ecologyfund.com www.thehungersite.com www.amnesty.org www.pratham.org www.icbl.org www.care2.com/click2donate
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    http://www.easytree.org/torrents-details.php?id=25428

you can download it there 1.27gb. there are still seeders.
    viggs20 wrote:
    I caught the last 20 minutes of Pixies on Austin City Limits when it came on PBS last week...does anyone know when they are going to show it again ? The band looked really happy playing and Kim was just smiling the whole time.

They are suppose to rerun it next week, April 16th, in Austin, but make sure you check it w/ pbs.org for local times. It might be different in other cities.
    ~*~*~

In other Pixies news...Portland, OR, you lucky ass punks, you are not just getting one show but TWO!! AHHH!! Times like these I still wished I lived in CA. Anywoo, this is from pixiesmusic.com:

Friday, April, 8th, 2005
    4 Shows in 2 nights!
    The Pixies will be performing four shows in two nights May 26 and 27 at the Roseland Theater in Portland, Oregon. The early show for each night is planned to be a rarities and B-sides set, while the later show is being billed as a "classics" set. Tickets for all shows go on sale Saturday, April 9, at 12:00PM PST.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    that was the only downer of the pixies show i saw. no b-sides or anything. well if they come around here again they better play more then one song from trompe maybe it was two, bailey's walk would rock. though kim doing in heaven was a highlight id like to see frank, i mean black francis, do it.
    that was the only downer of the pixies show i saw. no b-sides or anything. well if they come around here again they better play more then one song from trompe maybe it was two, bailey's walk would rock. though kim doing in heaven was a highlight id like to see frank, i mean black francis, do it.

I got 2 b-sides, "Winterlong" and "In Heaven" but hopefully they will tour CA or TX so I could see them play...shit, I am ready to shell out $70 for both shows, that is the price for 2-nights in Portland. :D

ooo, that would be SO cool if they played "All Over the World" and "dig for fire" i would completely DIE or piss myself. :p
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    I got 2 b-sides, "Winterlong" and "In Heaven" but hopefully they will tour CA or TX so I could see them play...shit, I am ready to shell out $70 for both shows, that is the price for 2-nights in Portland. :D

ooo, that would be SO cool if they played "All Over the World" and "dig for fire" i would completely DIE or piss myself. :p

all over the world would be great. it would be the "long" song of the show. well if you die you could end up pissing yourself. so if you think they are gonna play both those songs take it easy on the liquids. i know if people found me dead i wouldnt want to be soiled.

this post may be more morbid than its meant to be. dark humor can be funny. just like

"There was this boy who had two children with his sisters
    Who were his daughters, who were his favorite lovers"
  • Whoa, cool! i thought it was just a few festival dates they were doing before going into the studio with hopefully a WORLD tour next year.
    Benjamin, TouringVan 05/06

"Who is driving? Oh my god Bear is driving, how can that be?! ...Car full of midgets!"

Photobucket: MagicBus2006
    all over the world would be great. it would be the "long" song of the show. well if you die you could end up pissing yourself. so if you think they are gonna play both those songs take it easy on the liquids. i know if people found me dead i wouldnt want to be soiled.

this post may be more morbid than its meant to be. dark humor can be funny. just like

"There was this boy who had two children with his sisters
    Who were his daughters, who were his favorite lovers"

Good point my friend ;) I am a fan of dark humor...like that movie, "may" talk about one hell of a dark comedy :p
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • jammerfalljammerfall Posts: 908
    Just got my Pixies tix!

All 4 shows!

(Does happy dance)
    "Hello Oregonians. Hello Washingtonians. Hello Portland..where the fuck are we? We're in Ridgefield!"
    jammerfall wrote:
    Just got my Pixies tix!

All 4 shows!

(Does happy dance)

Congrats!! :D

YEA!! At least a Jammer is going to these shows :) ooo, i hope they play in Austin or Berkeley...a good excuse to fly to the Bay Area :p
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • jammerfalljammerfall Posts: 908
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    Congrats!! :D

YEA!! At least a Jammer is going to these shows :) ooo, i hope they play in Austin or Berkeley...a good excuse to fly to the Bay Area :p

Thanks, Meddle! I'm actually quite beside myself at the moment. Pixies are my 2nd favorite band EVER, so this is like a dream come true.

Hmm...just started thinking about what it would be like to see PJ 4 times in 2 days. :)
    "Hello Oregonians. Hello Washingtonians. Hello Portland..where the fuck are we? We're in Ridgefield!"
    anyone know if the pixies are gonna release these shows?
    check out the poll at http://www.frankblack.net/main.asp its so funny but its almost mean.
    jammerfall wrote:
    Thanks, Meddle! I'm actually quite beside myself at the moment. Pixies are my 2nd favorite band EVER, so this is like a dream come true.

Hmm...just started thinking about what it would be like to see PJ 4 times in 2 days. :)

u are welcome jammerfall :D Have you seen the Pixies before? if you have, then you already know the experience, if you haven't, well, be ready to strap yourself and start pogoing!! :p

The Pixies and PJ are #1 bands, hell, i would travel just to see them :) Now I wonder what is really like to see PJ 4 times in 2 days..hmmm, I have seen them 2 times in 2 days. hmmmm

take pics..if you can :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    check out the poll at http://www.frankblack.net/main.asp its so funny but its almost mean.

LMAO!! All of them are Kimmy songs...i hope Davy doesn't have anything against Kimmy...she IS the heart and soul of the band :)

btw, I have NO idea PearlJamaholic if they are going to release those shows on disc...have you asked at the Pixiesmusic forum?
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    i havent been to that board since the whole taper of dec 4 show thingy.
    i havent been to that board since the whole taper of dec 4 show thingy.

what taper? :/
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    i dont remember his name but he recorded the two camden shows since disclive and the pixies werent.
    i hope there are a lot of show recordings that disclive didn't record. It just pisses me off that I don't have my computer w/me so I can't download anything:( AHH! This sucks!

anywoo, word is on the Pixies ms board, they just announced an LA show June 2nd. I am going to check pollstar to see if there is any info.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/entertainment/1113298368177150.xml

Pixies will do double take to kick off music festival
    Tuesday, April 12, 2005
    John Soeder
    Plain Dealer Pop Music Critic
    The Pixies are set to kick off the CMJ/Rock Hall Music Fest with back-to-back performances Wednesday, June 8, at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum and at Scene Pavilion in Cleveland's Flats.

The groundbreaking alt-rock band's Rock Hall concert begins at 7:30 p.m. Showtime for the later Scene Pavilion gig has not been announced, nor have ticket prices or an on-sale date for both engagements.

The Pixies stand to be in good company, with performances by 100 other acts from across the United States and abroad lined up for the Music Fest. The celebration of cutting-edge music runs through Saturday, June 11.

"This is going to be great for the Rock Hall and for Cleveland," says Warren Zanes, the museum's vice president of education.

"It's not just a chance to see a lot of shows. You'll also get the bigger picture of where music is headed."

By day, performances will be held at a Festival Village at the Nautica Entertainment Complex in the Flats, amid listening lounges sponsored by record companies and tents with displays by musical-equipment manufacturers and other festival affiliates.

By night, acts will perform at six Cleveland venues - the Agora complex, the Beachland Ballroom, House of Blues, the Odeon Concert Club, Peabody's and Scene Pavilion - as well as at the Grog Shop in Cleveland Heights.

The schedule to date includes these bookings:

Jazzy hip-hoppers Digable Planets, June 9, at the Agora.

Alt-rock faves Stephen Malkmus, June 9, and Spoon, June 10, at the Beachland.

Post-punk revivalists the Futureheads, June 9, at the Grog Shop.

Freewheeling rock band Red Wanting Blue, June 10, at House of Blues.

Hard-core punks the Misfits, June 9, and latter-day headbangers Powerman 5000, June 10, at Peabody's.

Local heavy-metal heroes Mushroomhead, June 11, at Scene Pavilion.

More than 1,100 acts applied to perform. The hopefuls were narrowed down by the festival's co-presenter, the CMJ (College Media Journal) Network, with input from the Rock Hall.

The Music Fest is modeled after the CMJ Music Marathon, held annually in New York City since 1981.

"It's coming together great," says Steve Dobo, the Rock Hall's senior manager of promotions. "We're very excited about it."

The festivities also involve various events at the Rock Hall, including question-and-answer sessions with music-industry leaders. Confirmed speakers include hip-hop pioneer Grandmaster Flash and recent Rock Hall inductee Seymour Stein, co-founder of Sire Records and president of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation.

Rock poster artists featured in the book "Art of Modern Rock" will show and sell their work at the museum June 10-11.

Finalists in Guitar Player magazine's "Guitar Hero" contest will compete June 10 at the Rock Hall for a panel of judges, including Joe Satriani.

The festival is expected to draw up to 20,000 people, including out-of-town music fans and music-industry insiders.

The Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority will provide shuttle service between the Rock Hall and the Festival Village and between venues and downtown hotels. You can ride free with a festival pass or for $1 with an Ohio Lottery ticket.

Festival passes, $85 and $135 ($99 and $149 after Friday), can be purchased at http://www.cmj.com/rockfest.

Organizers hope to have a complete festival schedule posted on the Web site by early May.

Tickets for individual club showcases, the Festival Village and events at the Rock Hall also are being sold through festival venues and Ticketmaster.

To reach this Plain Dealer reporter:

jsoeder@plaind.com, 216-999-4562
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    HOLY SHIT! I can't believe they are hitting San Francisco...wtf?! And I am NOT there?! AHHH!!

check it out at http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/news/05-04/13.shtml#pixies
    ~*~*~*
    Pixies Reunion Tour Continues

Chris Rediske reports:
    Hey hey, they're the Pixies! And people say they... something... around! Oh, hi-- we didn't see you there. So, were you all excited about the Pixies reunion last year, but you just couldn't make it to one of the roughly 450 shows they played in support of "Bam Thwok"? See, we thought so. That's why today's announcement will make you, the aging Pixies fan who lives in out-of-the-way places like Portland, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Washington, D.C., very very happy! That's right-- the Pixies have decided to take their "comeback" back on the road in '05, playing a handful of cities that, according to a press release, "the band couldn't give a fuck about!" Oh wait, that's all wrong-- "The trek will include concerts in many cities the band was unable to play during last year's reunion tour."

Now don't get all hyper on us-- we don't have any other exciting announcements about recording plans or anything like that... but seriously, have you heard "Bam Thwok"? We love the Pixies as much as you do, but maybe it's best if they stay on the road. With the exciting caveat that more dates are on the way, let the nostalgia continue unabated:

05-26 Portland, OR - Roseland Theatre (two shows, 6 and 10pm)
    05-27 Portland, OR - Roseland Theatre (two shows, 6 and 10pm)
    05-28 George, WA - Sasquatch Festival
    05-30 San Francisco, CA - Warfield Theatre (two shows, 7 and 11:30pm)
    06-02 Los Angeles, CA - Wiltern Theatre (two shows, times TBA)
    06-05 Denver, CO - Red Rocks
    06-08 Cleveland, OH - CMJ Rock Hall Music Fest
    06-08 Cleveland, OH - Scene Pavilion
    06-11 Atlanta, GA - Music Midtown Festival
    06-13 Washington, DC - Merriweather Post Pavilion
    06-14 Wantagh, NY - Jones Beach
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    they better come closer than DC
    I just wished I was back in CA already!! Hell, my ex-boyfriend is already there now!! DAMNIT!! :mad:

*sighs* here is hoping that either i can go, or if they can come to Texas b/f I leave.:(
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    I found these through http://www.waterloorecords.com I HIGHLY recommend you check them out. I would if I could, but I don't have my own damn computer. (using the public library) These mp3s are available through this website and cost $11.99

You guys probably know about this already, but for those of you guys who don't know here is the direct link where you can purchase them:

http://stores.musictoday.com/store/dept.asp?dept%5Fid=6686&band%5Fid=859&sfid=2
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    i saw that before. ticks me off, stupid mp3s. that means there is a lossless source, so why not sell them. id pay for snh/flac but mp3s are worth donkey snot.

cant you download, burn, and delete without them knowing?
    that's a good question...I don't know. I still think charging for mp3s really sucks, but oh well.

Is anyone going to the 2-in-1 shows this spring?
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    FB had a HUGE B-day party, and there are pics of this awesome celebration, thanks to his wife, Violet, who shared the pictures w/the frankblack.net site :D

http://www.frankblack.net/news/#247
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    i wish i would have been able to see the pixies back in the day. i was watching a show of theirs from 91, wow so different. not really but seeing the pixies live in 2004 is almost as exciting as watch a video from them in the late 80's early 90's. i can only imagine what it would have been like back then.

so who wants to help me build a time machine?