The Who!!!!!!!

Comments

• mtildenmtilden Posts: 62
    I may actually see them again. I've seen them three times and felt like it was time to move on after John died, but what the hell.
    "Go fuck yourself"
    -Dick Cheney

"Are you taking over or are you taking orders"
    -Joe Strummer 1952-2002

"All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting."
    -George Orwell
  • rockpantsrockpants Posts: 838
    Why. Must. The. Tickets. Go. On. Sale. When. Most. People. Are. At. Work.

Not everyone works at a desk with a computer these days.

I can call in 1 hour after they go onsale, but I'd venture to guess they'll be gone by then. I may attempt to go to the venue the day of the show to see if I can get a late-added seat or something.

*sigh*

Just going for a "cheapie" seat myself ... GM Place has good sitelines pretty much anywhere except for in a few corners way at the back and sides. I just want to be there.

I'll try, but I don't have my hopes up.
  • soundgrungersoundgrunger Posts: 218
    rockpants wrote:
    Why. Must. The. Tickets. Go. On. Sale. When. Most. People. Are. At. Work.

Not everyone works at a desk with a computer these days.

I can call in 1 hour after they go onsale, but I'd venture to guess they'll be gone by then. I may attempt to go to the venue the day of the show to see if I can get a late-added seat or something.

*sigh*

Just going for a "cheapie" seat myself ... GM Place has good sitelines pretty much anywhere except for in a few corners way at the back and sides. I just want to be there.

I'll try, but I don't have my hopes up.
    there was a presale today with rock 101, i would have sent you the password, didn't know you'd be going though! it's over now, and i didn't even try for tix, it's waaaay too expensive and i just can't do it right now :( i'll have to try for the cheapest seats as well, and i'll prob. be trying last minute..i just know i can't miss out on this, it's going to be an amazing show :)
  • rockpantsrockpants Posts: 838
    there was a presale today with rock 101, i would have sent you the password, didn't know you'd be going though! it's over now, and i didn't even try for tix, it's waaaay too expensive and i just can't do it right now :( i'll have to try for the cheapest seats as well, and i'll prob. be trying last minute..i just know i can't miss out on this, it's going to be an amazing show :)

I saw that there was a pre-sale but I didn't clue in that it was today. Ah, well. I nearly joined their mailing list, too, but I don't want the station to think I actually listen to them or anything. I have the Galaxie stations so I can listen to great classic rock without commercials or "Bro Jake" and his Beavis and Butt-head male bonding crap 'humour' irritating the shit outta me. :p
  • WastedteenWastedteen Posts: 17
    The Who was the first show I ever went to. August 4, 2002 was the best. Perhaps still the best concert I've ever seen along with Pearl Jam Mansfield night 3. I'll definetely hit up Boston but I don't know about the rest of the tour. It is possible I could fly to LA or somewhere out west. They usually start off by announcing just a few dates and gradually expanding.

Hey if anyone wants to to throw a line for a fellow Who/Pearl Jam fan it would be appreciated, I'd gladly return the favor. PEACE!
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Red Lukin wrote:
    How? in London, whether you're close on the floor or on the sides it's still $200

http://www.johnlabattcentre.com/seatingmap-the-who.html

I don't know, I just put in for the $97 - four tickets and that's what they gave me - section right next to the stage, row 23. I don't know why it's different in Canada.

have to say - I went to the London PJ show last year - what a great time and a great crowd - and I had a great meal too at the CCFA gathering
  • I don't know, I just put in for the $97 - four tickets and that's what they gave me - section right next to the stage, row 23. I don't know why it's different in Canada.

have to say - I went to the London PJ show last year - what a great time and a great crowd - and I had a great meal too at the CCFA gathering

{{PureandEasy}}! :) No surprises finding you in here!!!! :D I hope you have a great time at the show! Ah, who am I kidding--of course you will! :)

And YIKES, Red Lukin! $200 a pop is quite expensive. I hope the show is magnificent!

I can't understand why it's more expensive up here but, seems folks are willing to pay so, why would it change. Just look at The Laughs (Leafs) games---super expensive, and what the hell have they done for us lately?? :D
    Forget your perfect offering, there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    {{PureandEasy}}! :) No surprises finding you in here!!!! :D I hope you have a great time at the show! Ah, who am I kidding--of course you will! :)

And YIKES, Red Lukin! $200 a pop is quite expensive. I hope the show is magnificent!

I can't understand why it's more expensive up here but, seems folks are willing to pay so, why would it change. Just look at The Laughs (Leafs) games---super expensive, and what the hell have they done for us lately?? :D
    Isn't the canadian dollar worth different to the American dollar?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Isn't the canadian dollar worth different to the American dollar?

Hey, Heineken Helen. :)

Yup, but it's not a huge difference. And certainly isn't double the rate of the US dollar!!! So, for Red Lukin's tix to be $200 each and PureandEasy's to be less than half that price for what seems to be the same proximity to the stage, is kinda nutty. :)
    Forget your perfect offering, there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
    Hey, Heineken Helen. :)

Yup, but it's not a huge difference. And certainly isn't double the rate of the US dollar!!! So, for Red Lukin's tix to be $200 each and PureandEasy's to be less than half that price for what seems to be the same proximity to the stage, is kinda nutty. :)

Lol, ok :) it was just a thought... in case you all missed it and I somehow spotted it from all the way over here :D

That's annoying though - like the Dublin tickets to PJ cost more than the rest of Europe I think :mad: . I know Dublin's more expensive generally but still...
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life

Hi missy. I've had a smile on my face since they announced this tour on Thursday. These are the best seats I've ever had at a Who show, I feel like I got PJ fan club tickets for a Who show :D

I was thinking about Red Lukin paying all that money over the weekend. It is a LOT of money, but the experience of seeing the Who, in my opinion, will probably make that pain go away very quickly. They truly are an amazing band. So keep that in mind Red, while you're eating PB&J for the next few months.
  • Lol, ok :) it was just a thought... in case you all missed it and I somehow spotted it from all the way over here :D

We're a little slow, eh? :p Hee Hee! ;)
    That's annoying though - like the Dublin tickets to PJ cost more than the rest of Europe I think :mad: . I know Dublin's more expensive generally but still...

It's a bitch! :mad: But, as I said, people are willing to fork over the asking price so, why would they change it? Damn us for wanting to go see our favorite bands!!! :D
  • Hi missy. I've had a smile on my face since they announced this tour on Thursday. These are the best seats I've ever had at a Who show, I feel like I got PJ fan club tickets for a Who show :D

I was thinking about Red Lukin paying all that money over the weekend. It is a LOT of money, but the experience of seeing the Who, in my opinion, will probably make that pain go away very quickly. They truly are an amazing band. So keep that in mind Red, while you're eating PB&J for the next few months.

:) That's SO awesome, P&E!!!!! WOOHOO!!

I agree, once you get to the show and experience the magic, it helps make all the pain of gouging the pocketbook go away. :D But leading up to it, when you see the big "-" on your credit card bill and you want a roast beef sandwich instead of PB&J....that's rough! :p
    :) That's SO awesome, P&E!!!!! WOOHOO!!

I agree, once you get to the show and experience the magic, it helps make all the pain of gouging the pocketbook go away. :D But leading up to it, when you see the big "-" on your credit card bill and you want a roast beef sandwich instead of PB&J....that's rough! :p

hahaha, I know what you mean

mmm roast beef - that's what the cafe here is serving today, but I brought in a sandwich, what to do, what to do

in honor of Red's sacrificing his food budget for the Who, I'll just eat my sandwich and not go for the roast beef :D

it's the least I can do

hope you and your man are doing well
    We're a little slow, eh? :p Hee Hee! ;)

It's a bitch! :mad: But, as I said, people are willing to fork over the asking price so, why would they change it? Damn us for wanting to go see our favorite bands!!! :D
    Lol, no not slow :p Just checking - was worth a try :D

But yeh, that's true. Ticket prices should be means tested - you pay what you can afford. If you're a multimillionnaire - the ticket is about 300,000 or something. That'll stop all them corporate bastards snapping them up :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Lol, no not slow :p Just checking - was worth a try :D

But yeh, that's true. Ticket prices should be means tested - you pay what you can afford. If you're a multimillionnaire - the ticket is about 300,000 or something. That'll stop all them corporate bastards snapping them up :D

Hee Hee! :D YEAH! Those filthy bastards!!!! :D:D At least you'd figure they'd REALLY want to see a show if they had to pay comparable prices. Maybe you'd get less people who don't pay attention, talk and take multiple beer/washroom breaks all through the shows as well! :D Maybe.
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    To see The Who "I'd stand naked, stoned, and stabbed...I call that a bargin, the best I ever haaaad!!"
  • So for the MSG show I put in 56.50$ for 1 ticket. I had the seating chart open, I could have gone right through but they said I had more than 1 TM browser open...what a bunch of BULLSHIT!

So I did it again, waited 10 minutes, got section 406 row f....no thankyou...ill wait to see if they release anything
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • neartodeathneartodeath Posts: 167
    Red Lukin wrote:
    To see The Who "I'd stand naked, stoned, and stabbed...I call that a bargin, the best I ever haaaad!!"

$250 is no bargain...and it ain't the best i ever had :(

this new cd better be damn good
    Hee Hee! :D YEAH! Those filthy bastards!!!! :D:D At least you'd figure they'd REALLY want to see a show if they had to pay comparable prices. Maybe you'd get less people who don't pay attention, talk and take multiple beer/washroom breaks all through the shows as well! :D Maybe.
    Lol, unfortunately I doubt it :(

Ah well, not much can be done about the whole thing really - UNLESS, NO TOILETS!!!!!! :eek: If everyone had to go outside and find a corner somewhere to piss in, it would make them all think twice about the amount they drink :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • brianjdbrianjd Posts: 201
    I love the Who like most people here but I sure do wish they wouldn't call themselves the Who anymore. After losing one member it was ok for them to stay The Who but now that two of them are gone, they should stop using the name. Maybe it's just me this bothers. I'll still go see them though if they play in minnesota

It is the Who. I would say if Pete or Roger werent on the bill I would be offended calling it the Who.
    Irvine 1992, Las Vegas 1993, Mountain View 1994, San Diego 1995, Los Angeles 1996, Los Angeles 1998, Moutain View 1999, San Bernadino 2000, Los Angeles 2000, Irvine 2003, Irvine 2003, Moutain View 2003, Santa Barbara 2003, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006, Santa Barbara 2006
    How about Half-A-Who.

Saw the complete band in '75 at the Pontiac Silverdome.
    Then again in '79 without the great Moon.
    Yet again in '82.
    Had the privilage of seeing Townshend solo at Massey Hall,Toronto
    in '94.
    Have not seen them without John.
    I would love to see them in a smaller venue,but that will never happen.

I am a life long Who fan. I saw them on their 02 tour the month John died. It was sad. However the band they threw together is actually damn good. The Ox, however, was sorely missed. His Bass lines were like no one elses. The sad thing is I think that had john not passed the 2002 WHO would have been amongst the best with Zak Starkey on drums. Damn good band and alot tighter in their old age and absent the sloppy, though powerful, Moon the Loon. All in all, go see the band. It is not the same group but Pete and Rog still bust it out and Zak is a damn good drummer. Worth the price.
    Irvine 1992, Las Vegas 1993, Mountain View 1994, San Diego 1995, Los Angeles 1996, Los Angeles 1998, Moutain View 1999, San Bernadino 2000, Los Angeles 2000, Irvine 2003, Irvine 2003, Moutain View 2003, Santa Barbara 2003, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006, Santa Barbara 2006
    The thing about the Who was that they were a bass and drum band - Keith and John were so influential in their playing style...Roger could sing, Pete played guitar OK...but was the band was Moon goin nuts on the kit and Entwhistle "inventing" punk bass lines.

So, it does make a huge difference to me.

pete townshend plays guitar OK????? have you seen the man perform? if you would have said John and Keith made up the best rhythm section ever that would be accurate. They were. John, however, did not invent punk lines. He was more of a free form Bass player and none of his lines were punk like at all! You are dismissed. Anyone who thinks Peter Townshend plays guitar OK should stick to Grath Brooks.
    lastexit78 wrote:
    I just read an article on Yahoo and it includes some extra dates. The dates are Portland on October 8th at the Rose Garden. Seattle on the 11th at Key Arena and Los Angeles at the Hollywood Bowl on November 5th. Does anybody else think PJ might open in Seattle? They have a break in October and they haven't played the Key in almost 4 years.

THAT IS A RESOUNDING YES. I HAVE BEEN PREDICTING A PJ/WHO AXIS ALL YEAR LONG. INTERESTING THAT PJ LEFT THEIR WHOLE MONTH OF OCTOBER OPEN AND THE WHO COINCIDENTALY WILL BE IN SEATTLE IN OCTOBER. I ALSO EXPECT WE WILL SEE BOTH BANDS AT THE BRIDGE. I WOULD BUY THOSE SEATTLE TICKETS. IT MAY BE THE LAST CHANCE FOR THESE TWO BANDS TO BE IN THE SAME PLACE AT THE SAME TIME AND NO WAY EDDIE PASSES UP THE CHANCE HAVING PLAYED WITH EVERYONE NOW INCLUDING U2
    Red Lukin wrote:
    do they play the same set every night?

Pete just said they may do some special shows...Tommy special shows and or Quadrophenia!

I would expect the Bridge and a few chairty shows with some other bands. Like ours....
  • I went to see them about a month ago in Hyde Park, was absolutely fantastic!!

They played My Generation, Can't explain, WGFA, I can see for miles, Baba...

Highlight was a medley of material from "tommy" (pinball wizard etc)

Played most of the show in front of a video screen showing footage of them performing the said songs in the 70's.

New tracks are a bit out there, but great nonetheless.

Make sure you get in there while you can!
  • AstirdAstird Posts: 168
    The WHo is playing Ottawa on the 1 year anniversary of the great PJ show there :)
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Just got tickets for the second MSG show! Woohoo! :D
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,435
    THE WHO fucking rocks.................

just had to say that.............
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • dana_bdana_b Posts: 141
    They sure as hell do! I just spent my hard earned $$ for two tickets to see them in Seattle! Woo hoo! Or should I say woo WHO!! I haven't been to Seattle in years so I'll take the teenage daughter and go have a blast with Pete and Roger. ;)