The Who!!!!!!!

Comments

• AstirdAstird Posts: 168
    I just read in my local paper that the Who are going to announce their tour today and that it's kicking off in Ottawa of all places, but I am totally cool with that.
  • neartodeathneartodeath Posts: 167
    tour announcement 7-13.......

FUCK YEAH!!!!!

it's ALL about BIG MONEY

please don't get too excited, unless, you are RICH...
  • GeorgeinNYGeorgeinNY Posts: 113
    Yeah I agree, as long as Pete and Roger are there, it is The WHO,
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,435
    I'm assuming you're just stating that Keith was the man because he was the man - that you didn't actually see him in '82, because he died in '78. :D

The Who are hands down the best live band ever.

EVER.

I can't wait to hear these tour dates.
    im well aware of when Keith died.......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • I just read in my local paper that the Who are going to announce their tour today and that it's kicking off in Ottawa of all places, but I am totally cool with that.
    Nice, woohoo. That'll be worth seeing.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    im well aware of when Keith died.......

I wasn't knocking you, just making it clear to everyone else :D
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,435
    I wasn't knocking you, just making it clear to everyone else :D
    hehehe.....

no prob..

i hope i get a weekend date in chicago....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    They're kicking it off right here in Philly baby - September 12 at the Wachovia

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

ticket prices

tickets go on sale Monday!
  • Sep 12, 2006 Philadelphia PA US Wachovia Center Coming Soon Coming Soon Coming Soon
    Sep 13, 2006 Wantagh NY US Jones Beach Theater Coming Soon Coming Soon Coming Soon
    Sep 15, 2006 Boston MA US TD Bank North Garden Coming Soon Coming Soon Coming Soon
    Sep 16, 2006 Ottawa ON CA Scotia Place Coming Soon Coming Soon Available
    Sep 18, 2006 New York NY US Madison Square Garden Coming Soon Coming Soon Coming Soon
    Sep 21, 2006 Holmdel NJ US PNC Bank Arts Center Coming Soon Coming Soon Coming Soon
    Sep 25, 2006 Chicago IL US United Center Coming Soon Coming Soon Coming Soon
    Sep 30, 2006 London ON CA John Labatt Centre Coming Soon Coming Soon Available
    Oct 03, 2006 Winnipeg MB CA MTS Centre Coming Soon Coming Soon Available
    Oct 05, 2006 Calgary AB CA Pengrowth Saddledome Coming Soon Coming Soon Available
    Oct 06, 2006 Edmonton AB CA Rexall Place Coming Soon Coming Soon Available
    Oct 08, 2006 Vancouver BC CA GM Place Coming Soon Coming Soon Available
    Dec 04, 2006 Toronto ON US Air Canada Centre Coming Soon Coming Soon Available
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
  • Hah, you beat me to it
    where did you see this?
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    Sep 12, 2006 Philadelphia PA US Wachovia Center Coming Soon Coming Soon Coming Soon
    Sep 13, 2006 Wantagh NY US Jones Beach Theater Coming Soon Coming Soon Coming Soon
    Sep 15, 2006 Boston MA US TD Bank North Garden Coming Soon Coming Soon Coming Soon
    Sep 18, 2006 New York NY US Madison Square Garden Coming Soon Coming Soon Coming Soon
    Sep 21, 2006 Holmdel NJ US PNC Bank Arts Center Coming Soon Coming Soon Coming Soon
    Oct 05, 2006 Calgary AB CA Pengrowth Saddledome Coming Soon Coming Soon Available

is this it on the u.s dates?
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • kdpjam wrote:
    is this it on the u.s dates?
    Look at the gap between Toronto and Vancouver. I'm sure there are many dates to be added in there.
  • NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 826
    Fuckin' A.

I'm all over London and Toronto like a fat kid on several boxes of very large Smarties. Just wish I could afford a fan club membership; I feel like splurging on front row seats.

Seen 'em three times, once in 1997 and twice in 2002. They're the only band I'd put on par with Pearl Jam in a live setting. Frick, I'm excited. :D

Steve
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    awesome!

Should I do Toronto, London or both...ahh

London's on a Saturday night!
  • Red Lukin wrote:
    awesome!

Should I do Toronto, London or both...ahh

London's on a Saturday night!
    remember to take into consideration it'll probably be the same show.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
    Wow ... very pricey. Plus the Philly show may go fast (which is the only one I'd go to.) We'll see how it goes on Monday then.
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
    remember to take into consideration it'll probably be the same show.

do they play the same set every night?

Pete just said they may do some special shows...Tommy special shows and or Quadrophenia!
    where did you see this?

they announced it here on the radio in Philly
    Wow ... very pricey. Plus the Philly show may go fast (which is the only one I'd go to.) We'll see how it goes on Monday then.
    yes but if you're a fan club member . . . you get presale

see ya in Philly!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Red Lukin wrote:
    do they play the same set every night?

Pete just said they may do some special shows...Tommy special shows and or Quadrophenia!

can you tell I'm excited? :D

they normally do the same set just about every night, so multiple shows is not necessarily a good idea unless you're ok with that

i've seen them do both Quadrophenia and Tommy - a couple of times - if you get one of those shows - you will be very lucky - they kick ass
    Anyone just watch that hour long press conference? Pretty cool stuff. They played some songs, talked about the tour and such.

It's been 25 years...wow
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    i did! it was very cool. i am bummed they won't come to cincinnati, but as my brother asked, why would they?
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
    Supposedly they'll be mixing it up more often this time 'round...but who knows? Saw them twice in 2002 and heard the identical set both times (apart from a snippet of "I'm One" at the MSG show). Didn't matter--second show was even better. Then again, I'm a lunatic like that.

Steve
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Sep 12, 2006 Philadelphia PA US Wachovia Center Coming Soon Coming Soon Coming Soon

That's it???
    gabers wrote:
    That's it???

no there's more TBA
  • qontheboardqontheboard Posts: 781
    I just put myself in more horrible debt. The good news is that I've got tickets for London centre floors row 13! I'm still shaking.

q
    I just put myself in more horrible debt. The good news is that I've got tickets for London centre floors row 13! I'm still shaking.

q

That's awesome. :p

Is there a general London presale? I can't afford a fan club membership, but I'll shed blood to see this show. Not row 13, mind, but in the building would be nice. ;)

Steve
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I just got presale info from ticket master...those tickets are expensive..i guess im not a big fan but i wouldnt pay those prices...lawn seats are over $50 bucks...plus you have to pay somekind of membership fee to be in the club so you can participate in presale.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
    libragirl wrote:
    I just got presale info from ticket master...those tickets are expensive..i guess im not a big fan but i wouldnt pay those prices...lawn seats are over $50 bucks...plus you have to pay somekind of membership fee to be in the club so you can participate in presale.

libragirl, trust in your man and trust in me - they are worth every single penny

some radio stations are having pre-sales as well - you just have to be a member of their workforce

that's what I'm doing

I was going to pay the $60 for the membership so that I could get the tickets before hand, but then I got an email saying I can get them tomorrow morning at 10 - good enough for me