The Who!!!!!!!

SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,435
edited July 2006 in Other Music
tour announcement 7-13.......

FUCK YEAH!!!!!
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    Yeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Carlos DCarlos D Posts: 638
    Saw them Saturday night and they were out of this world.
    It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
    But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,435
    Carlos D wrote:
    Saw them Saturday night and they were out of this world.
    back in the day...

they were the best live band on planet earth....

saw them back in 82(damn im old)........
    also saw them perform quadrophenia in 97-98 from the 4th row....
  • im young so i didn't see them in their prime but I saw them play at Jones Beach...i think in 2002....it was a nice show, I dont remember much from it because I was only 14 when I saw that show
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • pearlzepfanpearlzepfan Posts: 456
    I love the Who like most people here but I sure do wish they wouldn't call themselves the Who anymore. After losing one member it was ok for them to stay The Who but now that two of them are gone, they should stop using the name. Maybe it's just me this bothers. I'll still go see them though if they play in minnesota
    "I'm a thief, and I dig it"
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,435
    im young so i didn't see them in their prime but I saw them play at Jones Beach...i think in 2002....it was a nice show, I dont remember much from it because I was only 14 when I saw that show
    when i saw them in 82....i considered them old...hahahahahaha

they werent even 40 yet.....hehehehe

Keith Moon was the MAN!!!!!!!!!
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    back in the day...

First time I saw them was 82 also.
    Seen them 7 times since. Still one of the best live bands around.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I know someone who will be excited about this.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • back in the day...

I saw them on that quadrophenia tour as well. But I was on the lawn. Awesome awesome show. I've probably seen the Who over 10 different times, and they still rock.
  • Saw them in 2000 w/ John E. and in 2002 after he passed.

good in '02, amazing in 2000.

The difference is like a very good hamburger vs. the best steak on the planet.

on a side note...

The bank that I work at has one of those music services and fortunately we have good music fans at work. We've had the classic rock station on the past week or so and it is honestly better than any FM station out there. In the past week we've heard "Won't Get Fooled Again," "Baba O' Riley," "515," My Wife," "Bargain," "The Seeker," "Behind Blue Eyes," and "Pinball Wizard"
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • I saw them in 02 and thought they (as in Roger and Pete) were great. Any word on any rumored cities?
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213

FUCK YEAH!!!!!

who will drop dead this time?
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    dude their totally coming to edmonton I just got an email from one of the radio stations and they said "who's coming to twon..." then at the end something about a hint being the absence of a question mark in the title
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • well im not worried...they will hit new york...they were here in MSG about a year or so ago...couldn't make it though
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    what's the closest they will get to me?

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,077
    i'm pretty damn excited about this, eventhough tickets are going to cost me an arm and a leg...
  • blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
    Pete is still the man. I love that he keeps telling us what he's thinking:

http://www.petetownshend.co.uk/diary/display.cfm?id=343&zone=diary
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • VinceVince Posts: 174

FUCK YEAH!!!!!

Don't you mean Daltry and Townsend are going to announce their tour. As far as I'm concerned The Who does not exist. It's a shame they are still touring under the bands name.
    “Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”
  • TowsertunesTowsertunes Posts: 187
    Vince wrote:
    Don't you mean Daltry and Townsend are going to announce their tour. As far as I'm concerned The Who does not exist. It's a shame they are still touring under the bands name.

How about Half-A-Who.

Saw the complete band in '75 at the Pontiac Silverdome.
    Then again in '79 without the great Moon.
    Yet again in '82.
    Had the privilage of seeing Townshend solo at Massey Hall,Toronto
    in '94.
    Have not seen them without John.
    I would love to see them in a smaller venue,but that will never happen.
    "they don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read?"

How I choose to feel,...Is how I am.
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    I'd love to see them if they come anywhere near VA. DC or Charlotte/Raleigh would work for me!!!
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    ok, are they just announcing tour dates on the 13th? someone fill me in here.
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • WindNoSailWindNoSail Posts: 580
    Pete is still the man. I love that he keeps telling us what he's thinking:

http://www.petetownshend.co.uk/diary/display.cfm?id=343&zone=diary

Thanks for posting the link, that was cool.

They want to tour, let em. It isn't like they haven't had years to deal with all the changes. Let the fuckers play!
    HOB 10.05.2005, E Rutherford 06.03.2006, The Gorge 07.22.2006, Lolla 08.05.2007, West Palm 06.11.2008, Tampa 06.12.2008, Columbia 06.16.2008, EV Memphis 06.20.2009, New Orleans 05.01.2010, Kansas City 05.03.2010
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    yes, thanks for that link. very forthright from pete. i would love to see the who :)
  • drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    I'd love to see the Who, but it's not even the Who. Without Keith & John it just can't be the same. I'm sure their still good...but it's like Pearl Jam without Jeff & Stone. Even if you've got Eddie, Mike, and Matt...it's just...not the same.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    i'd rather see the original who, no doubt.. but pete and roger are a force and always will be. ;)
  • So how do i find out about this tour?
    Can't you see that there's light in the dark.
    Nothing's quite what it seems in the city of dreams.
    (Wolfmother)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grand Rapids 2006
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    when i saw them in 82....i considered them old...hahahahahaha

they werent even 40 yet.....hehehehe

Keith Moon was the MAN!!!!!!!!!

I'm assuming you're just stating that Keith was the man because he was the man - that you didn't actually see him in '82, because he died in '78. :D

The Who are hands down the best live band ever.

EVER.

I can't wait to hear these tour dates.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Vince wrote:

What's the big deal? It's not like the band broke up like Pink Floyd, members died, I see no reason for them not to call themselves the Who.
  • The thing about the Who was that they were a bass and drum band - Keith and John were so influential in their playing style...Roger could sing, Pete played guitar OK...but was the band was Moon goin nuts on the kit and Entwhistle "inventing" punk bass lines.

So, it does make a huge difference to me.
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
  • blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
    You know, it *is* a big deal, but the past is past. I'm ambivalent about seeing them without Keith AND John, but I felt the same way when they were here in 1989 (obviously without Keith.) I guess I was still missing Keith and had stopped buying their records and just focused on listening to the albums up to Who Are You. Some friends were going, however, and I ended up at the show ... happy that I'd come because not only did they do a great performance, but Pete did "I'm One" alone and it blew me away. Now, I realize that was 17 years ago, and we're talking about Half-A-Who now, but I have a feeling that Pete and Roger have enough Rock showmanship left in them to pull off an impressive performance. What's been interesting about growing up with hard rock music has been watching the older guys (and girls) age gracefully, and doing so while reworking their original material to evolve with their growth as musicians. When Robert Plant toured last year, he showed us that Led Zeppelin's songs were strong enough at their core to be made into something timeless now. A friend of mine saw Patti Smith at the World Cafe Live last summer and said she was positively stunning.

I think I'm going to try to see The Who this time around. I'm actually more worried about seeing how the crowd has aged than whether or not Pete and Roger will put on an electrifying show.
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~