Options

U N C L E *B R U C E* S P R I N G S T E E N *

Comments

• Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Seriously...I cannot stand Kelly....grrrrr
    What happened to the days of camping out overnight and the real diehards getting tix.....

that went by the wayside-

like Tickettron
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    that went by the wayside-

like Tickettron
    Tickettron....RIP. :(
    I met so many cool people camping out...
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    philly show tickets dropping down on ticketbastard
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Another beautiful day at the beach and another fun day of rehearsals by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band at Convention Hall in Asbury Park.
    Several members of the E Street Band again stopped for photos and autographs.
    The speakers were out again today, playing radio station 107.1 FM "The Breeze." A little bit of music on the lighter side but we could still make out many of the songs played.
    Today's setlist:
    1. Radio Nowhere
    2. Lonesome Day
    3. Gypsy Biker
    4. Empty Sky
    5. Girls In Their Summer Clothes
    6. Promised Land
    7. She's The One
    8. The Rising
    9. Last to Die
    10. Long Walk Home

Band finished early today, about 12:30 p.m.
    Little Steven came out and stopped and signed autographs and took pictures for everyone. About 50 people around and Steven took the time to make sure everyone was taken care of.
    Steven continues to sign his autograph as "Stevie was here."
    Steven was great throughout the rehearsals, always taking the time to pose for pictures or sign autographs.
    Clarence Clemons also stopped to sign autographs and pose for pictures. Clarence had a cigar in his mouth and the "Big Man" looks great.
    Roy Bittan did sign one autograph today, for a woman who had a poster signed by all of the E Street Band except Roy and Patti. As far as I know, Roy only signed the one today and one autograph one morning last week.
    Garry Tallent also signed autographs today as did Soozie Tyrell.
    Patti Scialfa was there today. She didn't stop to sign, but did wave to all the fans as she drove down the ramp.
    Bruce left at 2:30 p.m. As he came out to his vehicle on the noth side of Convention Hall there was five fans on the beach who shouted up to him. Bruce did come over and gave them a quick hello. He didn't sign anything. The fans wished him a Happy Birthday. Bruce's birthday is on Sunday.
    Bruce then drove down the ramp and waved to the 50 or so fans who were gathered.
    Also at rehearsals today were Dave Marsh and Eric Meola, the photographer who shot the "Born to Run" album cover.
    As the rehearsals wind up, I just want to give a big thank you to Bruce's security team and the security at Convention Hall in Asbury Park.
    The entire group including Jerry Fox Sr., Jerry Fox Jr., Fred, Rex and all the others were extremely respectful to the fans the past two weeks.
    When members of the band came out to sign autographs, they organized lines and made sure everything was orderly.
    They are the best.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    philly show tickets dropping down on ticketbastard

sorry- thats http://www.comcasttickets.com
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Happy 58 th Birthday, Bruuuuuuuuuuce !

Keep On Rockin' In The Free World, Boss .
    58, and still goin' ...
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    wow, 58. i was at his birthday show in Philly when he turned 50. that was very cool.

how many shows you going to Bathgate? you gonna be at Philly 2?
  • Options
    DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    58, damn. He still has the energy of a 20-something. It's inhuman!

By the way, thanks to my dad, turns out we're actually going both nights in Philly. Oh yeah. :D
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,504
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Happy 58 th Birthday, Bruuuuuuuuuuce !

Keep On Rockin' In The Free World, Boss .
    58, and still goin' ...

Actually, I thought he was older than that....like 61-62?
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    Good luck to everyone trying to get Boston tickets tomorrow morning. I'll he trying with you.
    coming up

MSG 1
    Ringo the next night in Boston
    Hartford
    Boston 1 & 2

hell's yeah...
  • Options
    wow, 58. i was at his birthday show in Philly when he turned 50. that was very cool.

how many shows you going to Bathgate? you gonna be at Philly 2?

taking it light on Leg 1 due to a serious family illness ( anchored close to home for now ) .
    Wanted to get up to beantown, not sure about the likelihood of that at this point ,
    im hitting philly 1 , and msg 1 probably 2 also ( i'll save my continental arena shows for the Final Leg - ( where i have a strong suspicion that Bruce and ESB will close the Brendan Byrne Arena, if they are going to indeed knock down the old barn out in the swamps of jersey ) , oh yeah and dont forget about the Today Show this coming Friday morning.

I hear there will still be christmas shows this year down at CH , but i dont know the touring schedule after europe.

Vedd Hedd wrote:
    Actually, I thought he was older than that....like 61-62?

incorrect, he's definitely only 58 .

Good luck to everyone trying to get Boston tickets tomorrow morning. I'll he trying with you.
    now that theyve announced the 2nd show and the sale goes off tomorrow,

i suspect that these 2 shows will be gone in a matter of minutes, just as with most of the previous onsales.
    lots of boss love up in beantown-- i have witnessed springsteen at fenway .

best of luck getting prime seats !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    I have an extra ticket to the October 21st show in Chicago. PM me if you are interested.
  • Options

Scored 4 GA for Monday

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,248
    I got GA for Monday as well.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    I got (2) GA tickets for Monday's show.
    Quite happy.
    Not sure that the girl will be happy about GA tickets.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,248
    It seems the play was to go for Monday cause Sunday sold much quicker, and I haven't heard of anyone getting anything very good Sunday.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    It seems the play was to go for Monday cause Sunday sold much quicker, and I haven't heard of anyone getting anything very good Sunday.

I figured monday would be better because its the last night of the US leg

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    Poncier wrote:

they'll be dropping these prime seats as showday approaches.

how did bostonlou make out ?
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    for rehearsal show number 1 tonight.
    been 4 long years since the last e street band tour.
    the line on the boardwalk was HUGE.

will report back if anything pops up,...

Fox 5 on Boardwalk
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    ticks go onsale tomorrow at noon !

this Friday Night !

3rd Rehearsal Show in Jersey Swamplands

News updated September 24, 2007

TICKET ALERT: THIRD REHEARSAL SHOW ANNOUNCED!
    Tickets on sale by phone, Tuesday at noon
    After two public rehearsal shows in Asbury Park, tonight and tomorrow night, Bruce and the E Street Band pack it up and head to the Meadowlands for one more dress rehearsal before next week's world tour opener in Hartford.

Tickets go on sale tomorrow (Tuesday, Sept 25), at noon, for a rehearsal show to be held Friday night at Continental Airlines Arena in East Rutherford.

From this evening's press release:

Tickets, priced at $100, go on sale at noon tomorrow, Sept. 25 through Ticketmaster charge-by-phone only (201-507-8900, 212-307-7171, 866-448-7849). Tickets will not be sold online at Ticketmaster.com, Ticketmaster outlets or at the Continental Arena Box Office. There is a two ticket limit.

A limited number of general admission and reserved tickets will be sold. Tickets must be picked up the night of the concert at the Arena Box Office will call. The credit card used to purchase the tickets and a photo ID will be required.

See our Tour/Ticket Info page for the current itinerary as it stands, including the L.A. venue/onsale, now confirmed.
    -September 24, 2007
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    ticks go onsale tomorrow at noon !

this Friday Night !

3rd Rehearsal Show in Jersey Swamplands

News updated September 24, 2007

TICKET ALERT: THIRD REHEARSAL SHOW ANNOUNCED!
    Tickets on sale by phone, Tuesday at noon
    After two public rehearsal shows in Asbury Park, tonight and tomorrow night, Bruce and the E Street Band pack it up and head to the Meadowlands for one more dress rehearsal before next week's world tour opener in Hartford.

Tickets go on sale tomorrow (Tuesday, Sept 25), at noon, for a rehearsal show to be held Friday night at Continental Airlines Arena in East Rutherford.

From this evening's press release:

Tickets, priced at $100, go on sale at noon tomorrow, Sept. 25 through Ticketmaster charge-by-phone only (201-507-8900, 212-307-7171, 866-448-7849). Tickets will not be sold online at Ticketmaster.com, Ticketmaster outlets or at the Continental Arena Box Office. There is a two ticket limit.

A limited number of general admission and reserved tickets will be sold. Tickets must be picked up the night of the concert at the Arena Box Office will call. The credit card used to purchase the tickets and a photo ID will be required.

See our Tour/Ticket Info page for the current itinerary as it stands, including the L.A. venue/onsale, now confirmed.
    -September 24, 2007

good luck getting tickets today !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    well no luck at all with the friday rehearsal tickets but thanks for the heads up Bath....
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    chromiam wrote:
    well no luck at all with the friday rehearsal tickets but thanks for the heads up Bath....

i hear they only sold a few thousand ( 2000-3000 ) tickets for this show- putting up a curtain like bruce did for D & D Tour .
    Hard to come by, but there will be drops i have a feeling.

ive been stuck in jury duty the last 2 days- ( going back tom ) so i wasnt able to try either.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    A hot night in Asbury Park's Convention Hall and an even hotter performance by Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band.
    A short show by Bruce's standards, but this was the first shot and they nailed it pretty good.
    Show began at 8:35 p.m.
    Bruce led the band out on the stage and said "Welcome to our rehearsal. We're going to give it a run through. We might make some mistakes but I doubt it."
    Then Bruce shouted: "Is there anyone alive out there?"
    It then led into a very hot:
    1. Radio Nowhere
    This is a great opener, it will have every arena up on its feet. My notes say: "Wow, what an opening song>"

2. No Surrender
    I noticed Soozie Tyrell playing an acoustic guitar on this song. She played acoustic on several songs.

3. Gypsy Biker
    Bruce introduced several of the new songs. On this one he said "This is called Gypsy Biker."
    Some great guitar work here by Steve Van Zandt. Bruce plays the harmonica,
    Bruce and Steven trading guitar solos off at the end. Very hot.

At the end of the song Bruce said, "I'm losing weight already!" as it was very hot and he was sweating a lot.

4. Empty Sky
    Nice with the full band. Patti shared some of the lead vocals with Bruce.

5. Something in the Night
    Roy's piano sounded great at the beginnning. Brought me back to 1978. Great song to hear in Asbury Park.

Bruce jokingly then said: "Wecome to the beautiful, air conditioned Convention Hall. Well the air conditioning is coming back along with everything else!"

6. Girls in Their Summer Clothes
    Bruce introduced it by saying "This is for The Girls In Their Summer Clothes."
    Very nice sax solo by Clarence Clemons. Bruce brought Clarence right up to the front to do the solo.
    At the end Bruce said: "All right C! Good going kid!"

7. Night
    It rocked as ususal.

8. Promised Land
    Bruce may have audibled this has Kevin Buell had a look of surprise when Bruce wouldn't take a guitar from him.
    Bruce came right up to the front of the stage and worked both the left and right far sides to get the crowd into it (not that he needed to get them into it). He threw his harmonica to a child at the end of the song.

9. Livin' in the Future

Bruce did a bit of a rap about this being "a song about what couldn't have happened, happened already."
    Bruce comes to the front of the stage and walks back and forth a bit and does a little talking before the song.

10. Devil's Arcade
    Bruce dedicated this to the Iraqui War veterans.
    Another great guitar song. Some great guitar work by Bruce. They really get into it at the end.

11. Candy's Room
    I had trouble hearing Bruce's vocals on this song. His vocals weren't high enough over the other instruments.

12. She's the One
    Great to hear, Bruce plays some harmonica at the end.

13. Lonesome Day
    At the end of the song, fans started to sign "Happy Birthday>" Bruce came out to the front of the stage and smiled.

14. My Hometown
    Crowd sang the "Your hometown" part, just as they did in previous tours.

15. The Rising

16. Last to Die

17 Long Walk Home
    I had a feeling this would be the set closer. Patti and Steven join Bruce at the center mic for some of the vocals toward the end. Bruce really wails on the guitar at the end of the song.
    Set ends at 10:05 p.m.
    Bruce said "There were a few mistakes"

Encores:
    18. Thundercrack
    Bruce said "this song is older than myself. I wrote this song when I was in the womb. This is one of my first compositions. Max has never played on this song, Roy hasn't played on this song."
    Bruce then looked toward the crowd and they started shouting out "Thundercrack."
    Bruce said, "you probably found out about it from some A ** hole on the Internet."
    Really great to hear this by the E Street Band. Nils and Soozie come up to the front of the stage toward the end, Soozie playing the violin.

19. Born to Run
    House lights turned on, crowd goes crazy.
    20. Darlington County
    Works well as an encore song, crowd really gets into it.
    Bruce did some strutting across the stage.

21. American Land
    Danny Federici and Roy both play the accordian on this song,. They both come out center stage behind Bruce. Clarence plays the penny whistle."

Bruce said: "Our first go round! We'll be seeing you"
    Show over at 10:35 p.m.
    Just about two hours.

Some other notes:
    Bruce never introduced the band. Many curious what song he would do it in, it still remains a mystery.
    Band setup is the same. Clarence to the left, Patti to the right.
    Clarence looks in great shape, although he does sit a bit. But hey, he is 65.
    Huge stage, it came out past the first two sections on each side of Convention Hall.
    The floor wasn't that big at all. Maybe 50 feet from the front of the stage to the soundboard.
    There was no pit.
    Lights are really bright on the crowd in the floor during "Radio Nowhere."

Bruce wore black jeans and a black shirt. Is in great shape.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    thanks a ton for that. im so jealous that you were there.
    the new album sounds fucking incredible.
  • Options
    thanks a ton for that. im so jealous that you were there.

i only wish i were there,
    instead ive been stuck going to kew gardens, queens, to the queens county courthouse to sit on jury duty, for the past 2 days .
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    I just started getting into Bruce and so far I have listened to Nebraska, The River, and Devils and Dust. I love the slow haunting songs that make up the majority of Nebraska and Devils and Dust. I think The River is decent, some great songs, some filler.
    What albums should I look into next?

Also, why does everyone seem to hate Devils and Dust? I thought it sounded very similar to Nebraska, which seems to be a well liked album.
    "Don't lose your inner heat...ever" - EV 5/13/06
  • Options
    I just started getting into Bruce and so far I have listened to Nebraska, The River, and Devils and Dust. I love the slow haunting songs that make up the majority of Nebraska and Devils and Dust. I think The River is decent, some great songs, some filler.
    What albums should I look into next?

Also, why does everyone seem to hate Devils and Dust? I thought it sounded very similar to Nebraska, which seems to be a well liked album.

definitely Born To Run, , and the Live 75-85 package is also pretty sweet,
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    ii44ii44 Posts: 430
    Has anyone ordered a Magic vinyl from backstreets? Any idea when they ship?