Options

U N C L E *B R U C E* S P R I N G S T E E N *

Comments

• Options
    I was SO surprised when he played Queen, and enjoyed it more than I thought. The energy was good, I'd never been in the pit, so that was a good experience for sure, though the system was pretty unorganized. I'll try to upload some pics from my phone shortly!

And as for those people on BTX complaining about the setlist... The man played 3 hours, if you're nitpicking about setlist, it's time to stop going to shows.

Hey Keeponrockin, I'm leaving for Hamilton to make the lottery in just under two hours. What was the procedure like. What was the timiming of events (wristband, entrance to arena etc...)? Were they hardcore about no cameras?

Hope you see this before I take off.

q
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I was SO surprised when he played Queen, and enjoyed it more than I thought. The energy was good, I'd never been in the pit, so that was a good experience for sure, though the system was pretty unorganized. I'll try to upload some pics from my phone shortly!

And as for those people on BTX complaining about the setlist... The man played 3 hours, if you're nitpicking about setlist, it's time to stop going to shows.

Hey Keeponrockin, I'm leaving for Hamilton to make the lottery in just under two hours. What was the procedure like. What was the timiming of events (wristband, entrance to arena etc...)? Were they hardcore about no cameras?

q
    We got there at 3ish, they drew the numbers at 4:30, from then we waited in line until about 6:15 (in order) until they let us onto the floor.

And they seemed pretty hardcore about the cameras.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options

q
    We got there at 3ish, they drew the numbers at 4:30, from then we waited in line until about 6:15 (in order) until they let us onto the floor.

And they seemed pretty hardcore about the cameras.

Thanks for the info. I guess i'll leave the camera at home. Well here's hoping that I get in the pit. It would suck to not get in after going through all that preliminary stuff.

q
  • Options
    If you don't then you don't need to wait in line, my strategy was if I didn't get in the pit just to grab a beer/dinner and hang at the back of the floor.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    Just got number 496 at Copps Coliseum in Hamilton about twenty minutes ago. Here's hoping the number they pull is in the 400s :D
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs wrote:
    Just got number 496 at Copps Coliseum in Hamilton about twenty minutes ago. Here's hoping the number they pull is in the 400s :D
    I was 3rd row as the 100th person in...
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    JaneNY wrote:
    RFTC wrote:
    i joined the btx boards earlier in the year and man that's a tough crowd. the flaming of philly 2 was unbelievable. gotta admire the passion but shiiiiit!

I've had an account there for years, but I only go on if I'm about to see a show, just saw a show or need to see if some rumor is holding up. I don't really like the vibe of the place a whole lot. I like the little Bruce mini-community here honestly and I know if there's something I need to know, Bathgate will probably have put the info here.

:wave:
    ltns

:thumbup:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    where you in the pit at hamilton?

http://instagram.com/p/REIOpiFd-s/
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    no more 30 song setlist,
    and likely went under 3 hours.

:o

show start 827pm

1. My Love Will Not Let You Down
    2. Out in the Street
    3. Hungry Heart
    4. We Take Care of Our Own
    5. Wrecking Ball
    6. Death to My Hometown
    7. My City of Ruins
    8. Spirit in the Night
    9. Does This Bus Stop
    10.Jack Of All Trades
    11.Trapped
    12.Im Goin Down
    13.Shes The One
    14.Because The Night
    15.Working On The Highway
    16.Shackeld And Drawn
    17.Waitin On A Sunny Day
    18.TERRYS SONG/ sign
    19.The Rising
    20.Badlands
    21.Land Of Hope And Dreams
    22.Im A Rocker
    23.Born To Run
    24.Rosalita
    25.Dancing In The Dark
    26.Tenth Avenue Freeze Out
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    no more 30 song setlist,
    and likely went under 3 hours.

:o

show start 827pm

1. My Love Will Not Let You Down
    2. Out in the Street
    3. Hungry Heart
    4. We Take Care of Our Own
    5. Wrecking Ball
    6. Death to My Hometown
    7. My City of Ruins
    8. Spirit in the Night
    9. Does This Bus Stop
    10.Jack Of All Trades
    11.Trapped
    12.Im Goin Down
    13.Shes The One
    14.Because The Night
    15.Working On The Highway
    16.Shackeld And Drawn
    17.Waitin On A Sunny Day
    18.TERRYS SONG/ sign
    19.The Rising
    20.Badlands
    21.Land Of Hope And Dreams
    22.Im A Rocker
    23.Born To Run
    24.Rosalita
    25.Dancing In The Dark
    26.Tenth Avenue Freeze Out
    He's warming up for Hartford.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Can't get enough of American Land right now..great song!
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    :thumbup: I've loved that since I first heard it on the Hyde Park DVD.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    RD171825RD171825 Posts: 440
    Saw my first Bruce show in Hamilton last night and was completely floored. Because the Night was an absolutely scorcher and Terry's Song was a really nice surprise... very emotional but a great surprise. I didn't want it to end, can't wait to see him again. Come Back Soon!
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    Better Dan wrote:
    :thumbup: I've loved that since I first heard it on the Hyde Park DVD.

It was also great on the last tour too
    at the Closing of the Old Giants Stadium
    fireworks and all....
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    RD171825 wrote:
    Saw my first Bruce show in Hamilton last night and was completely floored. Because the Night was an absolutely scorcher and Terry's Song was a really nice surprise... very emotional but a great surprise. I didn't want it to end, can't wait to see him again. Come Back Soon!
    Thats awesome... glad you had a great time. :D

I've got a lot of boots from the '78 tour and that Hammer rendition of Because the Night had an opening that reminded me of those '78 shows. Drawn out piano with a nice guitar solo...

Congrats -- lets hope the nightly '78 theme continues and I get a throwback Backstreets in Rockchesta!
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    where you in the pit at hamilton?

http://instagram.com/p/REIOpiFd-s/

Yes! :D Yes I was. I'm just left of the mic about four bodies from the stage, my head is turned looking to the left. What a great show. I was in the pit at the marathon show in Toronto in August, and the Hamilton show kicked its ass. Show length was 3hrs 5mins. Bruce and the whole band seemed to be having a blast. I figured after being in the pit twice that I'd have had my fill of BS&ESB, but after the show in Hamilton I'm ready to rock with Bruce again next time he comes back.

q
  • Options
    GivenToJam88GivenToJam88 NJ Posts: 1,187
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUUCE!
    2006: 5/28
    2008: 6/19, 6/24, 6/25
    2009: 6/14 (EV), 10/27, 10/28
    2010: 5/17
    2011: 6/21 (EV), 6/22 (EV), 9/11, 9/12
    2012: 9/2
    2013: 10/15, 10/16, 10/19, 10/21, 10/22, 10/27, 11/23, 11/24
    2014: 10/19
    2016: 5/1, 5/2, 5/8
    2018: 8/20, 9/2, 9/4
  • Options
    i believe there is a relayer and streamer for the next 2 shows.
    As soon as I get info i will post it here.
    I really love the setlist watching this tour .

platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:

Awesome! You'll get to follow along to Hartford! :D
  • Options
    Introduction to The Rising
    already over 10 years!
    Unbelievable-- seems just like yesterday.

If you're bored ; Bruce is one of the toughest interviews out there,
    that hasn't really changed too much .
    Letterman Interview 8/2/12:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E9XOU2E ... ature=plcp

Lonesome Day 8/2/12

Night 1- The Rising 8/1/12

Sadly you cannot help but notice both The Big Man ,
    and Danny Phantom dancing around in the back by his keyboards.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:

Awesome! You'll get to follow along to Hartford! :D

indeed !
    he saves batteries and gets the rarities and gems
    & he also goes on and off for the standards on the tour .
    Its not like he does every song, every second.
    Apparently this app eachs the shit out of your battery.

:thumbup:
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Anyone on here going to the St Paul or Kansas City shows?
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Introduction to The Rising
    already over 10 years!
    Unbelievable-- seems just like yesterday.

If you're bored ; Bruce is one of the toughest interviews out there,
    that hasn't really changed too much .
    Letterman Interview 8/2/12:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E9XOU2E ... ature=plcp

Lonesome Day 8/2/12

Night 1- The Rising 8/1/12

Sadly you cannot help but notice both The Big Man ,
    and Danny Phantom dancing around in the back by his keyboards.
    :thumbup: My favorite album of his!
  • Options
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Hamilton, ON

Copps Coliseum in Hamilton was built in the 1980s in the hopes that the city would land a National Hockey League franchise. With its style more reminiscent of older arenas, it’s the kind of place where the sound is loud and it gets sweaty — in short, Bruce Springsteen’s kind of place.

When Bruce and the E Street Band took the stage to the theme from “The Magnificent Seven,” Bruce appeared determined to conquer this part of Ontario, just as they had a couple months earlier in nearby Toronto. The band launched into a blistering version of “My Love Will Not Let You Down,” with the house lights on for much of the number. Bruce followed with a pair of songs from The River: For “Out in the Street,” he personalized his delivery by going down to the front rows; then a huge roar for “Hungry Heart,” featuring Springsteen right there in the pit, carried aloft. Has Bruce crowd-surfed so early in a show, or for so long? I don’t know. But I do know that three songs in, Ontario was safely in Bruce’s control.

After conjuring up the visions and voices of ghosts in the Wrecking Ball portion of the show, he went way back to his very first album for a pair from Greetings From Asbury Park, NJ: “Spirit in the Night” and “Does this Bus Stop at 82nd Street?” Bruce played shaman during “Spirit,” shaking his hands just over the outstretched reach of the audience. ”Bus Stop” included a drum-off between Max Weinberg and Everett Bradley, with Bruce hand signaling the band a number of downbeats between each segment. Fannies finally were planted in seats for the first time when Bruce slowed it down for “Jack of All Trades.”

Reports from Friday’s show in Ottawa indicated that the request section of that show had been skipped. The certainly was not the case in Hamilton. As in Toronto, “Canadian humor” was the order of the day. Bruce openly laughed at several signs; there were multiple signs with flashing lights, signs for songs played every night and signs for songs played almost never. Except for the one sign with the birthday card — “Thanks, I needed the reminder!” — he seemed to take them all. First up was “We Are ‘Trapped’ In Hamilton.”

Then, “Hi Bruce. I just got dumped. I’m Goin’ Down.” Has Bruce ever played analyst on stage before? Now he has. After noting that everyone does get dumped, with the obligatory laughing at every girl who left him back in the day, Springsteen decided to interview the poor guy and determined that, yes, the girl was “probably right!” Then, “hug!” and the dumpee was on the stage in an extended man-hug with his tough-love analyst.

Other sign-holders also got stage time, throughout the night. There was a flashing sign by a young girl for “Waitin’ on a Sunny Day,” which earned her the singing solo. (She nailed it, duplicating the octave switch that the Toronto singer had used so effectively during the summer.) A flashing “Because the Night” sign brought that song to the set; Bruce needed multiple guitar changes before proceeding with it, and the song ultimately ended with a monster ten-twirl solo from Nils Lofgren.

The most unusual sign selection was for “Terry’s Song.” There have only been two known instances of Bruce playing this moving Magic bonus track live: the first was at Terry Magovern’s service, and the second time just prior to Danny Federici passing away. In Hamilton, granting the rare request in honor of a local 11-year-old girl who died in August, Bruce was providing comfort to an entire audience as he played the song alone on guitar and harmonica. One could have heard a pin drop in the Coliseum during the performance.

Bruce completed his Canadian conquest during the encores, opening that final segment with yet another request, this time for the seldom-played “I’m a Rocker,” and later on by taking a tattered sign that has followed Bruce around Canada for years: “Canada loves Rosalita.” Stevie obliged here, by taking the line “Some day we’ll look back on this and it will all seem funny,” adding, just for a bit of final punctuation on the show, “HA HA!”

After 26 songs and a touch over 3 hours, Bruce had conquered Ontario. Again.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Charlottesville tonight

PIT UPDATE!

Wristbands given out - 601

Total to get into Pit - 500

Shortly B4 5pm they started to get all 601 in line B4 drawing the number.

556 drawn .

Live Stream Link:

Here's the link: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/brucespringsteentour
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Seaside Bar Song ?

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    What's the merch stand like and prices, if someone remembers?
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

i didnt check the lines at the tables
    ( they always seemed to be mobbed )
    however at least Bruce has a store on FanFire .

Watching the setlist for tonight unfold,

holy crap is al i'm saying .

there was alot of hulabaloo over the opening 5 or 6 songs
    but now its getting down into the nitty gritty boy !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

i didnt check the lines at the tables
    ( they always seemed to be mobbed )
    however at least Bruce has a store on FanFire .

Watching the setlist for tonight unfold,

holy crap is al i'm saying .

there was alot of hulabaloo over the opening 5 or 6 songs
    but now its getting down into the nitty gritty boy !
    What's FanFire?