Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Newch91 wrote:
    Bathgate, I thought of some more songs I'd love to hear:

Cover Me
    '78 Prove It All Night
    No Surrender
    Johnny 99
    Light of Day

I'll take whatever because I know it'll be rocking!

all great.

i saw Bruce do 'Light Of Day' with Joan Jett in Red banks Count Basie.
    Best Bruce night of my life.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9hG3GHp ... ture=g-upl

good luck with the GA ! Bring a sign !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    2 weeks from today for Rockchesta! :D

Hartford is soooo tempting but probably just a 5% possibility. :cry:

Hoping my girls and I score in the lottery at Rochester... will be bringing a small sign for Streets of Fire or Backstreets with a '78 interlude.
  • Options
    Lanternjaw wrote:

Hoping my girls and I score in the lottery at Rochester... will be bringing a small sign for Streets of Fire or Backstreets with a '78 interlude.

:thumbup:

i hope the 3 + hour barrage continues in a smaller , rocking arena !
    & make sure all of your girls know the words to 'sunny day' . ;)
    :wave:
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    Does anyone need an extra floor ticket for Hamilton on Sunday? I know it's short notice, but a friend just bailed :(

I'd rather sell to a PJ fan than a stranger. Goes without saying, but the price is face value ($131 with fees, let's say $130 because I hate coins).
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Lanternjaw wrote:

i hope the 3 + hour barrage continues in a smaller , rocking arena !
    & make sure all of your girls know the words to 'sunny day' . ;)
    :wave:
    I hope I get the 3 hour barrage!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

Cover Me
    '78 Prove It All Night
    No Surrender
    Johnny 99
    Light of Day

all great.

May have to do that. I just hope I make it before 4:00 because traffic going to Hartford can be a pain.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    Newch91 wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

Cover Me
    '78 Prove It All Night
    No Surrender
    Johnny 99
    Light of Day

all great.

May have to do that. I just hope I make it before 4:00 because traffic going to Hartford can be a pain.

Clear your schedule that day. Get in there early. Bruce won't be in Hartford again for a while.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    I am seriously considering skipping my only class next Thursday. It'll be worth it, regardless.

If I read the GA lottery rules correctly, once I get my ticket, I can go out and get something to eat but come back by 4:30. Is that correct?
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I seriously can't visit this thread anymore. Everyone talking about seeing Bruce shows is going to drive me into a depression.

I'll just put on "The River" and crank that shit up.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    I am seriously considering skipping my only class next Thursday. It'll be worth it, regardless.

If I read the GA lottery rules correctly, once I get my ticket, I can go out and get something to eat but come back by 4:30. Is that correct?

based on this
    5) Patrons who have received a wristband may leave the premises. They must return by 4:30PM.

6) Patrons who received a wristband and are present for the drawing must be ready to enter the venue.

you should be good.
    depends what time you pick up your wristband,
    best of luck
    also,as the show gets closer i'm sure you could call the venue just to confirm.

platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:
    I seriously can't visit this thread anymore. Everyone talking about seeing Bruce shows is going to drive me into a depression.

I got you with a shirt and bootleg!
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:

i'm already on the 'post-tour-depression' watch. :shock:
    I hope he swings back around ths winter sometime.
    He's already started tour stops down south america ( Brazi) for 2013....

25 years after the only concert of his career in the country at the Palmeiras Stadium.

The only other time Bruce Springsteen has performed in Latin America was during the Human Rights Now! World tour, between September and October 1988. Along with Peter Gabriel, Sting, Youssou N’Dour and Tracy Chapman, Bruce led a group of artists for the celebration of 40 years of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. 20 concerts were held in 15 countries in favor of Amnesty International. Back then, the only Latin American countries that hosted the concerts were Costa Rica, Brazil and Argentina. On September 13, 1988, San Jose, the Costa Rican capital was home for the first and only Bruce Springsteen performance. The Argentinians were lucky to have hosted two concerts of the tour, one in Mendoza, on September 14, and another in Buenos Aires on the following day. And in Brazil, Parque Antártica, in São Paulo, hosted the event. It was his first and only concert in the country. The show started with an a capella performance of “Get Up, Stand Up” by Bob Marley and Peter Tosh featuring Bruce, Sting, Peter Gabriel, Tracy Chapman and Youssou N’Dour.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

based on this
    5) Patrons who have received a wristband may leave the premises. They must return by 4:30PM.

6) Patrons who received a wristband and are present for the drawing must be ready to enter the venue.

you should be good.
    depends what time you pick up your wristband,
    best of luck
    also,as the show gets closer i'm sure you could call the venue just to confirm.

I was just wondering about this because I'm going with my former English teacher from high school, which we've been close since I took his class. He's 14 years older and has never seen Bruce. He gets out at 2. Maybe go up at 2:30, get there at 3 (depending on traffic), grab the wristband, and find a bar to get a quick bite to eat and drink and head back before 4:30.

I take it after 4:30, you can't leave the Civic Center anymore.
  • Options
    Tonight for Little Stevie.

A5X9iQrCQAEEJjo.jpg
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    The only other time Bruce Springsteen has performed in Latin America was during the Human Rights Now! World tour, between September and October 1988. Along with Peter Gabriel, Sting, Youssou N’Dour and Tracy Chapman, Bruce led a group of artists for the celebration of 40 years of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. 20 concerts were held in 15 countries in favor of Amnesty International. Back then, the only Latin American countries that hosted the concerts were Costa Rica, Brazil and Argentina. On September 13, 1988, San Jose, the Costa Rican capital was home for the first and only Bruce Springsteen performance. The Argentinians were lucky to have hosted two concerts of the tour, one in Mendoza, on September 14, and another in Buenos Aires on the following day. And in Brazil, Parque Antártica, in São Paulo, hosted the event. It was his first and only concert in the country. The show started with an a capella performance of “Get Up, Stand Up” by Bob Marley and Peter Tosh featuring Bruce, Sting, Peter Gabriel, Tracy Chapman and Youssou N’Dour.

first time i saw bruce...at the coliseum...totally blew me away...the whole concert was great :D
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:

first time i saw bruce...at the coliseum...totally blew me away...the whole concert was great :D

first time with Bruce has to remain engrained in your brain forever. !
    Uhm, which coliseum in what country ?

Mine was Summer 1983 @ Giants Stadium BITUSA .
    Not only my first Bruce concert ,
    it was my very first concert, ever.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    GivenToJam88GivenToJam88 NJ Posts: 1,187
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:

My first concert ever was Bruce too, same venue 20 years later, Giants Stadium #4 & #8, 2003!
    2006: 5/28
    2008: 6/19, 6/24, 6/25
    2009: 6/14 (EV), 10/27, 10/28
    2010: 5/17
    2011: 6/21 (EV), 6/22 (EV), 9/11, 9/12
    2012: 9/2
    2013: 10/15, 10/16, 10/19, 10/21, 10/22, 10/27, 11/23, 11/24
    2014: 10/19
    2016: 5/1, 5/2, 5/8
    2018: 8/20, 9/2, 9/4
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:

los angeles memorial coliseum! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:

Awesome!
  • Options
    True words have never been spoken more than these:

• Options
    Live stream of todays Bill Cinton and bruce rally,...

http://www.newsnet5.com/subindex/news/news_livestream1
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Going to the Ottawa show tomorrow, can't wait!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options

1st show of this leg? ! wow- that can always entail some surprises- enjoy !
    hope the 3 + hour shows continue for you,..

:thumbp:
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Live stream of todays Bill Cinton and bruce rally,...

http://www.newsnet5.com/subindex/news/news_livestream1

Its also being televised on C- Span

they cut us off !
    Post edited by Bathgate66 on
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Backstreets Magazine @backstreetsmag
    "This is the first time in my life I ever got to be the warm-up act for Bruce Springsteen" - President Bill Clinton
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Got my " Stand Up For Heroes " ticket in the mail today.

This years lineup is slightly different than last years,
    Ricky Gervais, Patton Oswalt, Jon Stewart, Robin Williams, Bruce Springsteen
    & Special Guests.

Can't wait,..

Its always good to hear Bruce rattle off some dirty jokes in between his acoustic set.

www.Remind.org/sufh
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Love listening to the NYE 1980 show. So great!
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Got my " Stand Up For Heroes " ticket in the mail today.

This years lineup is slightly different than last years,
    Ricky Gervais, Patton Oswalt, Jon Stewart, Robin Williams, Bruce Springsteen
    & Special Guests.

Can't wait,..

Its always good to hear Bruce rattle off some dirty jokes in between his acoustic set.

http://www.Remind.org/sufh

and of course Max Weinbergs big band,...

platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Bathgate66 wrote:

I'm hoping! First time trying for the pit tonight (only my 3rd show)... Hoping the pit gods are good to us!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:

I'm hoping! First time trying for the pit tonight (only my 3rd show)... Hoping the pit gods are good to us!

arrive as early as possible and best of luck !
    oh and bring a sign request if you have one, you never know .
    enjoy ! !
    platessmall.jpg