platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    A friend is going toni9ght to her first show up in CA
    Will be watching the setlist, but really no matter what happens;
    one can have full confidence that their show will be a trainstopper.

Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Moncton New brunswick
    Magnet Hill

1. No Surrender
    2. Workin' On the Highway
    3. Hungry Heart
    4. We Take Care of Our Own
    5. Wrecking Ball
    6. Death To My Hometown
    7. My City of Ruins
    8. Spirit In the Night
    9. Pay Me My Money Down
    10. Jack of All Trades
    11.Because The Night
    12.Lonesome Day
    13.Dralington County
    14.Shackled & Drawn
    15.Waiting On A Sunny Day
    16.The Promised Land
    17. If I Should Fall Behind (solo piano) :o
    18.The River
    19.The Rising
    20.Badlands
    21. Thunder Road
    22. Born To Run
    23. Glory Days
    24. Dancing In the Dark
    25.Tenth Avenue Freeze Out
    26. Twist & Shout (w/Red Rider)

I don't know about a trainstopper,
    however being Bruce and ESB never played this area before
    it was likely not geared toward the average hardcore fan
    and more toward the casual fan.
    Still very nice 3 hour set.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    It's a Springsteen W/ Sessions Band Live in Dublin morning. 8-)
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    awilkinsawilkins Posts: 984
    Show last night in Moncton was great! More geared towards the average fan and lots of hits/crowd pleasers, but the energy was great.

Highlights for me were:
    -No Surrender to open
    -Wrecking Ball (I like that song)
    -Because the Night (Nils went fuckin' off!)
    -If I Should Fall Behind (solo piano)
    -The River
    -Twist and Shout with The Trews and Tom Cochrane & Red Rider

I was really hoping for Darkness though, gotta see that before I die!

Happy that I got to see MSG2 and Moncton this year though.
  • Options
    awilkins wrote:
    Show last night in Moncton was great! More geared towards the average fan and lots of hits/crowd pleasers, but the energy was great.

Highlights for me were:
    -No Surrender to open
    -The River

was this a " festival" , or not ?
    congrats on a good show -
    If I should Fall Behind solo on piano muystve been great !

:mrgreen:
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    awilkins wrote:

Highlights for me were:
    -No Surrender to open
    -The River

Here's my best attempt at explaining festival/no festival:
    Typically, every summer, we have a big artist play a show in Moncton at Magnetic Hill, billed as Magnetic Hill Festival. The Stones, AC/DC, Eagles, U2, etc. Each show has opening bands that are usually Canadian to offer a fuller day of acts, cater to everyone, and get more tix sold/get more people there early to drink over-priced beer. This has been the case for the past 7 years. Last year was U2s last show of 360 tour ever, with their opening band Carney opening; however they also added Arcade Fire as a big Canadian band to fall in line with the previous years tradition and so on. This year was Bruce, but it was to be different as it originally conceived as a standalone show, no openers as per Bruce's usual style. Everyone assumed there'd be openers due to history of the Magnetic Hill shows having openers. The show was expensive (highest priced Magnetic Hill Show and one of the higher priced Bruce shows), was on a Sunday night of a non-holiday Monday, no announced other acts, saturated summer concert market, and on the heels of U2s 75,000+ show last summer, etc etc etc. Needless to say, tix sales were slow, rumours of big openers like Pearl Jam swirled and gained traction to boost sales, and then finally The Trews and Tom Cochrane/Red Rider were announced as openers (two popular Canadian bands covering broad age range). Now, the tickets and original plans had the gates at 3 and band(s) beginning at 4 or 5, so there was always a plan for some type of opener I assume, however, I think they were going to see if they could get away with none or a very late announce, which they did, 2 weeks before show. So was it a festival in the sense like we'd usually understand/have come to know: NO. Was it a festival in the sense that there was more than one band prior to Bruce: YES. But then there's the whole Bruce never has openers thing, but this was more like this event always has an afternoon of music, several bands, so it kinda falls in the middle.

As far as the setlist is concerned, it played out like a festival setlist, but mainly due to probably 90% of the crowd had never seen Bruce before, the show was outside on a hill, and there were 2 opening acts, etc. We were told there was no curfew, so he could have played all night or 4 hours, bu played 3 and 3 minutes.

I'm not even sure if I answered your question, probably more of a festival in theory than in practice, but just Bruce would have never flown anyway due to tradition/expectations/history/price etc.

So it's a standalone Bruce show with 2 Canadian bands thrown in for shits and giggles.
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    TORONTO

1. Working on the Highway
    2. Hungry Heart
    3. Sherry Darling
    4. We Take Care of Our Own
    5. Wrecking Ball
    6. Death to My Hometown
    7. My City of Ruins
    8. Spirit In The Night
    9. Thundercrack
    10. Jack of All Trades
    11. Murder Incorperated :shock:
    12. Prove It All night
    13, Candys Room
    14 Mona-- Shes The One
    15. Darlington County
    16.Shackled & Drawn
    17.Waiting On A Sunny Day
    18. Incident on 57th Street (Solo Piano)
    19.The Rising
    20.Badlands
    21. Land Of Hope & Dreams

22.We Are Alive
    23.Thunder Road
    24.Born To Run
    25.Rosalita
    26.Dancing In The Dark
    27.Tenth Avenue Freeze Out
    28. Twist and Shout

Plus Glory Days! What a fucking show to pop my BRUCE cherry with. :mrgreen: Wow, I can't wait for Hamilton in October, GA floors again. :D

q
  • Options
    awilkins wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    awilkins wrote:

Highlights for me were:
    -No Surrender to open
    -The River

Typically, every summer, we have a big artist play a show in Moncton at Magnetic Hill, billed as Magnetic Hill Festival. The Stones, AC/DC, Eagles, U2, etc. Each show has opening bands that are usually Canadian to offer a fuller day of acts, cater to everyone, and get more tix sold/get more people there early to drink over-priced beer. This has been the case for the past 7 years. Last year was U2s last show of 360 tour ever, with their opening band Carney opening; however they also added Arcade Fire as a big Canadian band to fall in line with the previous years tradition and so on. This year was Bruce, but it was to be different as it originally conceived as a standalone show, no openers as per Bruce's usual style. Everyone assumed there'd be openers due to history of the Magnetic Hill shows having openers. The show was expensive (highest priced Magnetic Hill Show and one of the higher priced Bruce shows), was on a Sunday night of a non-holiday Monday, no announced other acts, saturated summer concert market, and on the heels of U2s 75,000+ show last summer, etc etc etc. Needless to say, tix sales were slow, rumours of big openers like Pearl Jam swirled and gained traction to boost sales, and then finally The Trews and Tom Cochrane/Red Rider were announced as openers (two popular Canadian bands covering broad age range). Now, the tickets and original plans had the gates at 3 and band(s) beginning at 4 or 5, so there was always a plan for some type of opener I assume, however, I think they were going to see if they could get away with none or a very late announce, which they did, 2 weeks before show. So was it a festival in the sense like we'd usually understand/have come to know: NO. Was it a festival in the sense that there was more than one band prior to Bruce: YES. But then there's the whole Bruce never has openers thing, but this was more like this event always has an afternoon of music, several bands, so it kinda falls in the middle.

As far as the setlist is concerned, it played out like a festival setlist, but mainly due to probably 90% of the crowd had never seen Bruce before, the show was outside on a hill, and there were 2 opening acts, etc. We were told there was no curfew, so he could have played all night or 4 hours, bu played 3 and 3 minutes.

I'm not even sure if I answered your question, probably more of a festival in theory than in practice, but just Bruce would have never flown anyway due to tradition/expectations/history/price etc.

So it's a standalone Bruce show with 2 Canadian bands thrown in for shits and giggles.

great concise recap.
    thanks for that- sounds like a cool place
    I realize many of these folks had not seen Bruce live before.
    Bruce is spoiling all of us ; we expect something crazy every night.
    Meanwhile this setist is packed with great live songs.

:lol:
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Post edited by Bathgate66 on
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    LanternjawLanternjaw Posts: 553
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    That was such an awkward moment! :lol: The kid was cute as hell, though. And from one lucky dad to another -- having Bruce pluck your kid from the crowd to take a couple verses is something that'll stay with you forever! This'll always stay in my bookmarks! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSiR2wqz ... e=youtu.be
  • Options
    Lanternjaw wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    That was such an awkward moment! :lol: The kid was cute as hell, though. And from one lucky dad to another -- having Bruce pluck your kid from the crowd to take a couple verses is something that'll stay with you forever! This'll always stay in my bookmarks! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSiR2wqz ... e=youtu.be

awesome clip ! which kid was yours- the 1st or 2nd ?
    both kids seemed to handle it great-
    pumped !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    LanternjawLanternjaw Posts: 553
    My kid was the one in the albany video... my now 16 y/o daughter. :)
  • Options
    Lanternjaw wrote:
    My kid was the one in the albany video... my now 16 y/o daughter. :)

oh okay the first young girl who was stagefront singing with the boss.
    There was a young kid toward the back ( pogoing with bruce at the end )
    when bruce rand on ground toward the back

fucking awesomeness.

great that you have it youtubed forever.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    awilkins wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    awilkins wrote:

Highlights for me were:
    -No Surrender to open
    -The River

great concise recap.
    thanks for that- sounds like a cool place
    I realize many of these folks had not seen Bruce live before.
    Bruce is spoiling all of us ; we expect something crazy every night.
    Meanwhile this setist is packed with great live songs.

I should write summaries, apparently.
  • Options
    GivenToJam88GivenToJam88 NJ Posts: 1,187
    2006: 5/28
    2008: 6/19, 6/24, 6/25
    2009: 6/14 (EV), 10/27, 10/28
    2010: 5/17
    2011: 6/21 (EV), 6/22 (EV), 9/11, 9/12
    2012: 9/2
    2013: 10/15, 10/16, 10/19, 10/21, 10/22, 10/27, 11/23, 11/24
    2014: 10/19
    2016: 5/1, 5/2, 5/8
    2018: 8/20, 9/2, 9/4
  • Options
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    what amazes me is that after 30+ years of seeing bruce live, that the last show i was at, was the best of all of them

circa 2012 :o :shock:
  • Options
    what amazes me is that after 30+ years of seeing bruce live, that the last show i was at, was the best of all of them

After a few years of seeing youtube performances spanning 30 years, I believe it! :lol: How many Bruce shows have you seen?
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options

so lucky.
    i have to wait until Met ife now.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Is it strange that my tickets haven't arrived yet?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    Newch91 wrote:

For the Hartford gig? If it's any consolation, my Foxboro tix for Sat 8/18 didn't show up until the Monday before. Assuming you bought from Ticketmaster, you will be fine.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    BTW, I was listening to E St. Radio today during Cover Me and I heard the most outstanding cover of Atlantic City by Ben Harper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktQszLmNq5c
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    youngster wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

For the Hartford gig? If it's any consolation, my Foxboro tix for Sat 8/18 didn't show up until the Monday before. Assuming you bought from Ticketmaster, you will be fine.
    Yeah, I did Ticketmaster and got them minutes after they went on sale. I did standard mail, 10-14 days, and it's beyond 14 days now.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Chris Christie used the "Greetings from Asbury Park" logo as his background at the Republican National Convention.

He also referenced "Darkness On the Edge of Town." Anyone have a feeling Bruce will mention this at the next show?
  • Options
    Check out this recent article about Chris Christie and Springsteen. http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2012/07/jersey-boys/309019/
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    youngster wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

Yeah, I did Ticketmaster and got them minutes after they went on sale. I did standard mail, 10-14 days, and it's beyond 14 days now.

Mine haven't come yet either. I think TM said they were going to delay mailing the Springsteen tickets for a week or 2. Have you received the email that your tickets have been printed yet?
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    Check out this recent article about Chris Christie and Springsteen. http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2012/07/jersey-boys/309019/

great read.

i liked the part about the high grade New jersey
    marijuana being smoked right in front of them in the luxury box.

Funny that he dropped " Darkness On The Edge Of Town " into his spoeech last ni9ght.
    Furthermore I wonder if Bruce has any thoughts on this.
    ( Remember Reagan and BITUSA ? )
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Land Of Hope and Dreams to TBS Post season baseball coverage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFUmmYO0 ... e=youtu.be
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Better Dan wrote:

great read.

i liked the part about the high grade New jersey
    marijuana being smoked right in front of them in the luxury box.

Funny that he dropped " Darkness On The Edge Of Town " into his spoeech last ni9ght.
    Furthermore I wonder if Bruce has any thoughts on this.
    ( Remember Reagan and BITUSA ? )
    :lol: I'm expecting a speech or just a legendary show at his next show.