Options

The Riot Act Wars...

Comments

• Options
    I guess as long as im the new guy, ill have to be the local bitch. How many scoops of sugar, sir?

Three packets of Splenda please. :D
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Oh boy, Star Wars and Pearl Jam...

I think I need to drink something...

And NOT natti ice. That stuff is so gross.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    pkh43pkh43 Posts: 253
    BlkFlg wrote:
    Alas, the YIELD Fan Club (YFC) were once the elite warrior/poet class of the PIT. We stood for justice, peace, love, and posts that were actually intelligent with correct spelling (mostly). We were the vanguard of “the old board” before message pit posters started posting like they had been eating lead paint. But, I digress. We were indeed the “Jedi” of the board: we didn’t verbally abuse people, we honored and welcomed them in to high-class debate, and we were a council (well I never was, I was never a “Master”, but I was a Jedi. I was too young and brash, like "likepilateihaveadog" and RocKing. The Jedi council was the YIELD Council.) I digress again. Here is the tale of yore….

There were dark times on the board. The original posters were beginning to dwindle, from the Sony/BBS days. People were beginning to post like idiots en masse, the board became populated with aggression, victimization, and whining (Ed's hair, no shows for the south, play this or that...)….it was the presence of the “dark side” on the board. Then, penultimate YIELD nemesis YOSI (dont get me wrong, I love Yosi) started a stupid Riot Act thread, in which we Jedi had to defend the republic from this atrocity.

The Riot Act wars had begun.

We engaged in spirited, but noble debate over how bad Riot Act sucked, meanwhile existing in the relative tranquility of our beloved YIELD thread and its jewbabes, Nugent, non-dual spirituality, and artistic/literary merit. It turns out that the Sith are always two in number, and Yosi was merely the front man for the real menace “Locked”. Locked was too much for us, in the weakened state of our “society” (the board) we were beaten and banished to all ends of the galaxy, destroyed except for a few.

We are now cave dwellers in a far of land, living as desert monks, steeped in self-study and analysis.

people like you make me embarrassed to be a Die-Hard PJ fan. Get a life.
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    pkh43 wrote:
    people like you make me embarrassed to be a Die-Hard PJ fan. Get a life.

Wow. That's way harsh. People with your kind of attitude towards others is what really makes me embarrassed to be a hardcore PJ fan.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    yosi wrote:
    Wow. That's way harsh. People with your kind of attitude towards others is what really makes me embarrassed to be a hardcore PJ fan.
    haha great reply, couldn't have said it better myself :)
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options
    As for those on the "Dark Side"

"Bring them to me.......I shall deal with them myself"
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    the Dark Side is ever-present today.

Still, the YIELD Jedi wait in hiding.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    fanch75 wrote:

Lurk until the time is right we shall.
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
  • Options
    BlkFlg1BlkFlg1 Posts: 156
    I guess as long as im the new guy, ill have to be the local bitch. How many scoops of sugar, sir?

PM me and I can help.
    YIELD Fan Club Sergeant-At-Arms
  • Options
    yosi wrote:
    Oh boy, Star Wars and Pearl Jam...

I think I need to drink something...

And NOT natti ice. That stuff is so gross.

No, Riot Act is.
  • Options
    yosi wrote:

thank you, brother Yosi.
  • Options
    I have a craving for blue milk, for some reason.
  • Options
    YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,840
    Classing up the front page again. BUMP.

What were they thinking on this one? Maybe Cameron brought some shrooms to the studio and shared them with the rest of the guys.
  • Options
    BUMP. The newbies and their "Analog Memberships" need to learn the ways of the YIELD Council, which has become all but extinct on this board.
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    fanch75 wrote:
    BUMP. The newbies and their "Analog Memberships" need to learn the ways of the YIELD Council, which has become all but extinct on this board.

The force is strong with this one.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    "There is another.........."
  • Options
    BlkFlgBlkFlg Posts: 27
    The return...
  • Options
    sorry, updated profile ya'll
  • Options
    Also, had to change my stupid profile so now my old posts are listed as "manny" ha.
  • Options
    gfnk001gfnk001 Posts: 652
    beep beep beep bluuuuurp blurrrrrp beeeeeeep bbbbbeeeeeelllllpppp bluuuuuurrrrrrppp beeeeepp.

Translation: "R2D2 Likes what he reads"
  • Options
    PhillyPJPhillyPJ Posts: 1,266
    "A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away........"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njRJy-1iOBE
  • Options
    and some love for this shiznit as well
  • Options
    YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,840
    fanch75 wrote:

Just noticed this one...I think you hath discovered the true meaning of the song IN HIDING.
  • Options
    twojawastwojawas Posts: 318
    I was the bigger Riot Act hater, but came to love it in recent years. I apologised to all of those I had argued with about it. I was wrong and they were right.

Don't get me started on Backspacer though ... :o
  • Options
    yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,633
    Riot Act owns.

;)
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,044
    I can have Riot Act on endless repaet. There is something magical when Can't Keep starts.

I can't even get through Avocado or Backspacer without skipping.

Riot Act is a true gem. I don't get why Yield would be better...

Go Riot Act!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    I can have Riot Act on endless repaet. There is something magical when Can't Keep starts.

Riot Act is a true gem

Sensible words! I absolutely adore Riot Act. From 'Can't Keep' all the way through to the end of 'All Or None' its just a beautiful piece of work. Some of Ed's finest lyrics are on the album I think.

Riot Act (and Vs) are my favourite albums without doubt.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Eddie sounds "dumpy", they all sound tired, the songs suck, the mixing is not powerful or balanced, cameron's songwriting is subpar, help help is a disaster, and it is their worst album. period.
  • Options
    yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,633
    BlkFlg wrote:
    Eddie sounds "dumpy", they all sound tired, the songs suck, the mixing is not powerful or balanced, cameron's songwriting is subpar, help help is a disaster, and it is their worst album. period.

So many mistakes in one post its hard to know where to start. I guess the begining?

Ed sounds great. He sounds mature, and sad. Which is perfect, because it truly portrays the sadness in the songs album. He doesn't need to scream to get his point across; there is serious power in his performance.

I'm not sure what it means to say "they all sound tired". I think there is some serious momentum and charge on quite a few tracks on this album. Mike sounds far from tired on lots of tracks on this one.

The songs do anything but suck. Can't Keep, Cropduster, Ghost, I Am Mine, Help Help, 1/2 Full, All or None, just to name a few are all pretty amazing songs (I obviously think the rest are all amazing too).

I'm not going to address the mixing because I don't really know anything about it, and truth be told, I'm not so interested in bullshitting.

I love Cameron's tracks on this album. Super creative.

I already mentioned Help, Help being awesome. That might be their most underrated tune. The end (from the lyrics "The man they call my enemy...") - Awesome.

Easily their best album.

And just for the record, I love Yield. My 3 favorite PJ albums are Riot Act, Binaural and Yield.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• Options
    yosi wrote:
    BlkFlg wrote:

So many mistakes in one post its hard to know where to start. I guess the begining?

Ed sounds great. He sounds mature, and sad. Which is perfect, because it truly portrays the sadness in the songs album. He doesn't need to scream to get his point across; there is serious power in his performance.

I'm not sure what it means to say "they all sound tired". I think there is some serious momentum and charge on quite a few tracks on this album. Mike sounds far from tired on lots of tracks on this one.

The songs do anything but suck. Can't Keep, Cropduster, Ghost, I Am Mine, Help Help, 1/2 Full, All or None, just to name a few are all pretty amazing songs (I obviously think the rest are all amazing too).

I'm not going to address the mixing because I don't really know anything about it, and truth be told, I'm not so interested in bullshitting.

I love Cameron's tracks on this album. Super creative.

I already mentioned Help, Help being awesome. That might be their most underrated tune. The end (from the lyrics "The man they call my enemy...") - Awesome.

Easily their best album.

And just for the record, I love Yield. My 3 favorite PJ albums are Riot Act, Binaural and Yield.

Ah HA! The return! What is up Yosi, it has been a while man! Good to see you on here again, even if you do love help help : )