Options

The Riot Act Wars...

Comments

• Options
    BlkFlg1BlkFlg1 Posts: 156
    benJAMin wrote:
    I’m a member of the Imperial Senate on a diplomatic mission to Alderaan.

I mean, if that helps any.

you shall be contacted via "alternative means"

(check your PM's)
    YIELD Fan Club Sergeant-At-Arms
  • Options
    distantsun wrote:
    this thread is no place for a girl.

sigh. nice "location". you are tipping your hat dangerously. but, then again, you don't know star wars.

you are giving the empire the location of the rebel base on hoth. sigh.
  • Options
    i will cut your balls off if you ruin us.

fact.
    this post has been approved by grace6697.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    distantsun wrote:

fact.
    wow taken a page for 00j are we how orginal and if this thread is no place for girls then why are you in this thread for :)
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    distantsun wrote:

fact.

whose? you are the one with the YFC location listed.

Fact.
  • Options
    BlkFlg wrote:
    whose? you are the one with the YFC location listed.

Fact.

i have no idea what you're talking about.

kat, lock this puppy up.
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    distantsun wrote:

kat, lock this puppy up.

"Wonderful girl. Either I'm going to kill her or I'm beginning to like her."

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    distantsun wrote:

kat, lock this puppy up.
    dont you mean

lock her up

admin

:D:)
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856

PBM

Awesome!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options

PBM

ohhhh, pbm. :)

i hope this thread lives long and prospers.
  • Options
    BlkFlg wrote:
    Alas, the YIELD Fan Club (YFC) were once the elite warrior/poet class of the PIT. We stood for justice, peace, love, and posts that were actually intelligent with correct spelling (mostly). We were the vanguard of “the old board” before message pit posters started posting like they had been eating lead paint. But, I digress. We were indeed the “Jedi” of the board: we didn’t verbally abuse people, we honored and welcomed them in to high-class debate, and we were a council (well I never was, I was never a “Master”, but I was a Jedi. I was too young and brash, like "likepilateihaveadog" and RocKing. The Jedi council was the YIELD Council.) I digress again. Here is the tale of yore….

There were dark times on the board. The original posters were beginning to dwindle, from the Sony/BBS days. People were beginning to post like idiots en masse, the board became populated with aggression, victimization, and whining (Ed's hair, no shows for the south, play this or that...)….it was the presence of the “dark side” on the board. Then, penultimate YIELD nemesis YOSI (dont get me wrong, I love Yosi) started a stupid Riot Act thread, in which we Jedi had to defend the republic from this atrocity.

The Riot Act wars had begun.

We engaged in spirited, but noble debate over how bad Riot Act sucked, meanwhile existing in the relative tranquility of our beloved YIELD thread and its jewbabes, Nugent, non-dual spirituality, and artistic/literary merit. It turns out that the Sith are always two in number, and Yosi was merely the front man for the real menace “Locked”. Locked was too much for us, in the weakened state of our “society” (the board) we were beaten and banished to all ends of the galaxy, destroyed except for a few.

We are now cave dwellers in a far of land, living as desert monks, steeped in self-study and analysis.

You would have posted this sooner, but the mods thought some would follow the YFC on some damned fool-idealistic crusade.
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • Options
    Dog LoyalDog Loyal Posts: 336
    You would have posted this sooner, but the mods thought some would follow the YFC on some damned fool-idealistic crusade.
    Now who would do such a thing? ;)
    The kids of today should defend themselves against the Seventies Nineties.
  • Options
    SnakeSnake Posts: 2,605
    Dog Loyal wrote:
    Now who would do such a thing? ;)
    Dont worry there is another
    Pirates had democracy too.

"Its a secret to everybody."
  • Options
    Damn!! Star Wars AND Pearl Jam!!!
    I must have died and gone to heaven.... But then they realized that it wasnt my time so they sent me to this thread... :D

(many botan spies died to bring this message)

• Options
    itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    star wars is for geeks. everybody round to my place for some lord of the rings! ;):D
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options

PBM

she does have the sass of leia, doesn't she?
  • Options
    Snake wrote:
    Dont worry there is another

Are you Yosi's son?
  • Options
    BlkFlg wrote:
    she does have the sass of leia, doesn't she?

ohhhh, that was a quote from the movie?!

hahaha.

i have some sass. braino made me bring to chicago.
  • Options
    distantsun wrote:

hahaha.

hilarious that the guy posted a "whats wrong with Riot Act" thread honestly asking because he likes the album and everyone just jumped in and trashed it.
  • Options
    itsevobaby wrote:
    star wars is for geeks. everybody round to my place for some lord of the rings! ;):D

There is only one trilogy, nerd! :p
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    BlkFlg wrote:
    Alas, the YIELD Fan Club (YFC) were once the elite warrior/poet class of the PIT. We stood for justice, peace, love, and posts that were actually intelligent with correct spelling (mostly). We were the vanguard of “the old board” before message pit posters started posting like they had been eating lead paint. But, I digress. We were indeed the “Jedi” of the board: we didn’t verbally abuse people, we honored and welcomed them in to high-class debate, and we were a council (well I never was, I was never a “Master”, but I was a Jedi. I was too young and brash, like "likepilateihaveadog" and RocKing. The Jedi council was the YIELD Council.) I digress again. Here is the tale of yore….

There were dark times on the board. The original posters were beginning to dwindle, from the Sony/BBS days. People were beginning to post like idiots en masse, the board became populated with aggression, victimization, and whining (Ed's hair, no shows for the south, play this or that...)….it was the presence of the “dark side” on the board. Then, penultimate YIELD nemesis YOSI (dont get me wrong, I love Yosi) started a stupid Riot Act thread, in which we Jedi had to defend the republic from this atrocity.

We engaged in spirited, but noble debate over how bad Riot Act sucked, meanwhile existing in the relative tranquility of our beloved YIELD thread and its jewbabes, Nugent, non-dual spirituality, and artistic/literary merit. It turns out that the Sith are always two in number, and Yosi was merely the front man for the real menace “Locked”. Locked was too much for us, in the weakened state of our “society” (the board) we were beaten and banished to all ends of the galaxy, destroyed except for a few.

We are now cave dwellers in a far of land, living as desert monks, steeped in self-study and analysis.

this is awesome.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    There is only one trilogy, nerd! :p
    :p:D
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options
    BlkFlg wrote:
    Are you Yosi's son?
    No I dont know Yosi. But I suspect Yosi killed my father..... not sure though...

• Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    God, Yield fans are nerds..

:p
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    hmmm....

Same crew. Different thread. I think I missed something in the past couple of weeks.

Original Post is aces.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    BrainOfJDBrainOfJD Posts: 242
    distantsun wrote:

hahaha.

guilty
    10 million dune buggies comin' down the mountain
  • Options
    "Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the FORCE!"
    (heavy breathing is heard throughout quote)
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
  • Options
    se7v7ense7v7en Philadelphia, PA Posts: 328
    it can't get any more annoooooyyying
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    BlkFlg wrote:

Hahaha. Never saw this thread and made me laugh. This is awesome!
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Snake wrote:
    No I dont know Yosi. But I suspect Yosi killed my father..... not sure though...

Snake, I am your father.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.