The Riot Act Wars...

Comments

• Options
    Meh... i've read better posts.
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    ManOnFire wrote:

This one has succumbed to the dark side...
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    RockKingRockKing Posts: 431
    yosi wrote:
    This one has succumbed to the dark side...

Hey, happy birthday Yosi.
    --"I'm like an opening band for the sun"

--"We’re taking pills to get along with life… the pills are YIELD and PJ’s music. Then we create words to call our own = our analysis of YIELD." - YIH
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    2nd - happy bday yosi and cheers!
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    BlkFlg wrote:
    There were dark times on the board.

The original posters were beginning to dwindle, from the Sony/BBS days. People were beginning to post like idiots en masse, the board became populated with aggression, victimization, and whining (Ed's hair, no shows for the south, play this or that...)….it was the presence of the “dark side” on the board.

Then, penultimate YIELD nemesis YOSI (dont get me wrong, I love Yosi) started a stupid Riot Act thread, in which we Jedi had to defend the republic from this atrocity......

When I read this, I think of it being the opening crawl of all of the Star Wars movies. kick ass.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    RockKing wrote:
    Hey, happy birthday Yosi.

Thanks guys.
  • Options
    BlkFlg1BlkFlg1 Posts: 156
    StuffnJunk wrote:
    "Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the FORCE!"
    (heavy breathing is heard throughout quote)
    this is awesome!
    YIELD Fan Club Sergeant-At-Arms
  • Options
    gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    ManOnFire wrote:

"That----is why you fail."
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • Options
    BrezBrez Posts: 570
    What a saga...
    And before his first step... He's off again...
  • Options
    Best thread evaaaar!
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,302
    oh my god...somebody make this tool stop...
    BlkFlg wrote:
    Alas, the YIELD Fan Club (YFC) were once the elite warrior/poet class of the PIT. We stood for justice, peace, love, and posts that were actually intelligent with correct spelling (mostly). We were the vanguard of “the old board” before message pit posters started posting like they had been eating lead paint. But, I digress. We were indeed the “Jedi” of the board: we didn’t verbally abuse people, we honored and welcomed them in to high-class debate, and we were a council (well I never was, I was never a “Master”, but I was a Jedi. I was too young and brash, like "likepilateihaveadog" and RocKing. The Jedi council was the YIELD Council.) I digress again. Here is the tale of yore….

There were dark times on the board. The original posters were beginning to dwindle, from the Sony/BBS days. People were beginning to post like idiots en masse, the board became populated with aggression, victimization, and whining (Ed's hair, no shows for the south, play this or that...)….it was the presence of the “dark side” on the board. Then, penultimate YIELD nemesis YOSI (dont get me wrong, I love Yosi) started a stupid Riot Act thread, in which we Jedi had to defend the republic from this atrocity.

The Riot Act wars had begun.

We engaged in spirited, but noble debate over how bad Riot Act sucked, meanwhile existing in the relative tranquility of our beloved YIELD thread and its jewbabes, Nugent, non-dual spirituality, and artistic/literary merit. It turns out that the Sith are always two in number, and Yosi was merely the front man for the real menace “Locked”. Locked was too much for us, in the weakened state of our “society” (the board) we were beaten and banished to all ends of the galaxy, destroyed except for a few.

We are now cave dwellers in a far of land, living as desert monks, steeped in self-study and analysis.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    BlkFlg wrote:
    We stood for justice, peace, love, and posts that were actually intelligent with correct spelling (mostly). We were the vanguard of “the old board” before message pit posters started posting like they had been eating lead paint. .

I think you have succumbed and eaten a bit of the old lead paint yourself.... :D
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    Best thread evaaaar!

True, even if I am the dark side.
  • Options
    NoonieNoonie Posts: 93
    BlkFlg wrote:
    People were beginning to post like idiots en masse, the board became populated with aggression, victimization, and whining.

Nah, I was around 2000- 03, and I swear the pit was always like this, even worse actually. I think your memory is skewed. Or maybe I just never watched Star Wars.
    My rhymes and records they don't get played
    Because my records and rhymes they don't get made
    And if you rap like me you don't get paid
    And if you roll like me you don't get laid.
  • Options
    yosi wrote:
    True, even if I am the dark side.

See you on YIELD Night, yeh?
  • Options
    oh my god...somebody make this tool stop...

...says the classy individual from Philadelphia.
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    BlkFlg wrote:
    Alas, the YIELD Fan Club (YFC) were once the elite warrior/poet class of the PIT. We stood for justice, peace, love, and posts that were actually intelligent with correct spelling (mostly). We were the vanguard of “the old board” before message pit posters started posting like they had been eating lead paint. But, I digress. We were indeed the “Jedi” of the board: we didn’t verbally abuse people, we honored and welcomed them in to high-class debate, and we were a council (well I never was, I was never a “Master”, but I was a Jedi. I was too young and brash, like "likepilateihaveadog" and RocKing. The Jedi council was the YIELD Council.) I digress again. Here is the tale of yore….

There were dark times on the board. The original posters were beginning to dwindle, from the Sony/BBS days. People were beginning to post like idiots en masse, the board became populated with aggression, victimization, and whining (Ed's hair, no shows for the south, play this or that...)….it was the presence of the “dark side” on the board. Then, penultimate YIELD nemesis YOSI (dont get me wrong, I love Yosi) started a stupid Riot Act thread, in which we Jedi had to defend the republic from this atrocity.

The Riot Act wars had begun.

We engaged in spirited, but noble debate over how bad Riot Act sucked, meanwhile existing in the relative tranquility of our beloved YIELD thread and its jewbabes, Nugent, non-dual spirituality, and artistic/literary merit. It turns out that the Sith are always two in number, and Yosi was merely the front man for the real menace “Locked”. Locked was too much for us, in the weakened state of our “society” (the board) we were beaten and banished to all ends of the galaxy, destroyed except for a few.

We are now cave dwellers in a far of land, living as desert monks, steeped in self-study and analysis.

hey, gramps.......you got out of your depends to post 1000 times in five years. go dig your own grave and get off riot act's ass.
  • Options
    brain of c wrote:
    hey, gramps.......you got out of your depends to post 1000 times in five years. go dig your own grave and get off riot act's ass.

That 7th album doesn't have an ass. Kinda like an ugly chick.
  • Options
    BlkFlg1BlkFlg1 Posts: 156
    brain of c wrote:

getting ripped on for post count. hilarious.
    YIELD Fan Club Sergeant-At-Arms
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    BlkFlg wrote:
    getting ripped on for post count. hilarious.

getting the post wrong.

expected.
  • Options
    See you on YIELD Night, yeh?

When is Yield night this year?
  • Options
    yosi wrote:
    When is Yield night this year?

Since 2.3.08 is on Super Bowl Sunday, we're still working on that. Most likely it'll be Saturday night.
  • Options
    Since 2.3.08 is on Super Bowl Sunday, we're still working on that. Most likely it'll be Saturday night.

Interesting. Keep me/this board posted.
  • Options
    So how do i join this YFC? Do I have to enlist for a minimum amount of years and go to Iraq?

Cause for Yield...I would.
    "The world is dangerous, feel safe here tonight..." EV 9/17/06

38+6 shows at the age of 27 and counting...but still no Undone

My podcast: Hotel Manager Talk- Dedicated to Hotel Employees, tell your friends. http://www.HotelManagerTalk.com
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    So how do i join this YFC? Do I have to enlist for a minimum amount of years and go to Iraq?

Cause for Yield...I would.

Having a username that quotes GIVEN TO FLY is a great start.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    fanch75 wrote:
    Having a username that quotes GIVEN TO FLY is a great start.

Buying the council a case of natty each will also help your cause. Distantsun loves the stuff.
  • Options
    Buying the council a case of natty each will also help your cause. Distantsun loves the stuff.

I guess as long as im the new guy, ill have to be the local bitch. How many scoops of sugar, sir?
    "The world is dangerous, feel safe here tonight..." EV 9/17/06

38+6 shows at the age of 27 and counting...but still no Undone

My podcast: Hotel Manager Talk- Dedicated to Hotel Employees, tell your friends. http://www.HotelManagerTalk.com
  • Options
    The sad thing is..... even though this is soooooo nerdy... and Yield is in the middle of the pack for me as far as Pearl Jam albums go... This is the best thread around. I must be slightly on the light side because RIOT ACT is the WORST.

Emperor- Riot Act
    Darth Vader- Binaural

Star Wars- Ten
    Empire Strikes Back - VS
    Return of the Jedi- Vitalogy

NOW THATS the one true Trilogy!!!

NO CODE, YIELD, and PEARL JAM.. are the prequel series.. Its still Star Wars but its not the same.

Pearl Jam= revenge of the Sith. Best of the prequel series as it ties everything back to the original trilogy.
  • Options
    The sad thing is..... even though this is soooooo nerdy... and Yield is in the middle of the pack for me as far as Pearl Jam albums go... This is the best thread around. I must be slightly on the light side because RIOT ACT is the WORST.

Emperor- Riot Act
    Darth Vader- Binaural

Star Wars- Ten
    Empire Strikes Back - VS
    Return of the Jedi- Vitalogy

NOW THATS the one true Trilogy!!!

NO CODE, YIELD, and PEARL JAM.. are the prequel series.. Its still Star Wars but its not the same.

False, the YFC believes that No Code, YIELD, and Binaural make a terrific trilogy.
  • Options
    NC_IrieNC_Irie Posts: 270
    a5pj wrote:
    umm wow,

all i can think of is that your literary talents would be better suited for an english class. and psst, i think you're watching star wars a few too many times :D

this was funny!
    Empty pockets will allow a greater sense of wealth.
    Why contain yourself like any other book on the shelf?

Subtle voices in the wind hear the truth they're telling.
    A world begins where the road ends.
    Watch me leave it all behind.