Options

** Eddie Vedder solo tour - 2nd leg **

Comments

• Options
    maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    Get_Right wrote:
    I am going broke thanks to PJ and EV!
    Love every minute of it!

Now please dont buy 10C tix if you cant go!!!!!

I think my credit card hates PJ - but I'm sure Mastercard loves them!
    My lips are shaking.......
  • Options
    piombapiomba Posts: 103
    i can't believe this... although I suppose we guessed it would happen.

August 1, 2008. Here's hopin'.

Very, very cool!

And let us all keep in mind that he will be playing a nearly identical set at each show...
  • Options
    soultune0330soultune0330 Posts: 124
    All I have to say is thank the Lord! I haven't been to a show since Summerfest with Petty and am craving something. THere really isn't a bad seat in the house at the RIverside. Thank you ED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Summerfest - Jul 08, 1995 / Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Oct 08, 2000
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 26, 1998 / Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 27, 1998
    United Center - Jun 18, 2003 / Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 21, 2003
    Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004
    United Center - May 16, 2006 / United Center - May 17, 2006
    Summerfest - Jun 29, 2006 /Summerfest - Jun 30, 2006
    United Center - Aug 23, 2009
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    pjtaper wrote:
    BEWARE! Have you seen Ed solo yet? I saw 3 shows, they were all the same. I recommend seeing ONE SHOW ONLY, let everyone see one show...
    Please do not harass me, this is MY OPINION, and what do I know(please don't answer that either)
    agreed! these are small venues... no need to get greedy... ill probably only be at one of the 2 chicagos
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    Philly has just changed their name to Skip :(

bwaha! camden = philly

texas = forgotten altogether

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    Jeremys SpokenJeremys Spoken Posts: 7,578
    I'll def make it to one of them.
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,347
    will only try for one myself..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    sigh eternallysigh eternally Chicago Posts: 421
    washington d.c., here i come
  • Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    :eek:

More touring??? They're on fire!
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    vedhead011vedhead011 Posts: 300
    pjtaper wrote:
    BEWARE! Have you seen Ed solo yet? I saw 3 shows, they were all the same. I recommend seeing ONE SHOW ONLY, let everyone see one show...
    Please do not harass me, this is MY OPINION, and what do I know(please don't answer that either)

If you want more detail to how similar all the west coast shows were to each other, there are these in depth reviews over at twofeet thick:

http://www.twofeetthick.com/tft/readArticle.action;jsessionid=A8163947D9A235BDD9B34B8616BE4587?id=2331

and of course they have the concert chronology over there too

http://www.twofeetthick.com/tft/cc2008ev.action
    AskPearlJam: PearlJama101-guest says: Who's idea was it for Eddie to play banjo on "Soon Forget"?
    Eddie: I don't know whose idea it was but it was turned down.
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,784
    Well, this definitely means Eddie will be singing the 7th inning stretch sometime around the 21st of August at Wrigley...
  • Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,068
    nfanel wrote:
    thanks for the info!
    no love for philly! :eek:

that just means you have to come up north a little to newark or NYC. I will only be attending Newark show. I will be on Vacation for NYC.
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    wendy wrockswendy wrocks Posts: 135
    Not only am I going broke but I might lose my job having "jamily" emergencies........
    one can hope.....
    Honolulu, 2006, Lollapalooza, 2007, WPB, June 11, 2008 (my birthday!!!!!)
    Bonnaroo 2008, MSG June 24, The Beacon July 1, 2008 (Robin Hood Rocks)
    United Palace Theatre August 5, 2008, NJPAC August 7, 2008 (EV Solo)
    Tower Theater, Upper Darby, PA June 11, 2009 (My Birthday!), June 12
    The Spectrum Oct 27, 30, 31, 2009
    The Rock, May 18,(Front Row Center), MSG May 20, 21 2010

• Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    only will be trying for one show myself......i will attempt to get a chicago show. my wife does not want to go, so if i get a chicago show, someone can join me for a road trip.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Sweet, this will make my 2nd PJ show and first EV show this year. Plus im seeing 311 this month (dont really care) and possibly dark star orchestra. This is becoming a damn good summer for concerts i must say.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,177
    Still no Seattle or Portland EV or PJ show this year. Bummer.
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    Thank you so much for putting the information up today!!! :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    Tuolumne MamaTuolumne Mama Posts: 1,210
    Happy for all the lucky people near these venues. As a single mom who made the trip to DC with my son, just cannot afford the tickets and travel. Had hoped for a closer show to Pittsburgh but it's not in the stars this time. Congrats to those of you able to make the shows. My son and I will definitely be there in spirit with you. Who knows maybe I can hit the powerball before tickets go on sale, LOL!
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Options
    WHOOHOO!!!

I'm thinking Toronto and Montreal here I come. Gotta talk to my people and see who wants to do a road trip!!!

I'm glad Montreal finally got some love since they were left off the 06 tour.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    looks like I might have to set up some work training up in Chicago near the end of August
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Yay! Thanks for the details! :)
  • Options
    Elderly ManElderly Man Posts: 235
    anybody know how much the tickets will be after convenience charges and all that horse shit?
    MSG 2 - 03
    Ed Sullivan Theater - 06
    Irving Plaza - 06
    Albany - 06
    Hartford - 06
    East Rutherford 1 & 2 - 06
    San Francisco 1 & 2 - 06
    Bonnaroo - 08
    MSG 1 & 2 - 08
    Hartford - 08
    Mansfield 1 - 08
  • Options
    heartdesireheartdesire Posts: 430
    Yes!!!

As many have shared the Auditorium in Chicago is swwwwwweeeet!!!

Two nights of Ed ... bliss!

How bout' a PJ Alpine Valley show soon after?!?!?
    "i'm a dedicated insomniac" ~ ev nyc beacon 6/22
  • Options
    does anyone know whether the tickets will be sold in pairs or individually?

I definitely think you can buy 1 this time.

In the past they always made very clear it was pairs only, and price has always been for pairs.
  • Options
    sj.brodiesj.brodie Posts: 468
    OK....I'm finding this hard to digest. So, i planned a holiday to Boston 3 months ago and we arrive on 1st August (from Scotland) and Ed just happens to be starting a tour on the first day of my holiday in BOSTON!!!! AND i just turned 21 so i'm legal to drink in the States...never seen pj before and never imagined i'd see Ed Vedder solo (at least not so soon)...I think this is going to be a great experience. Just hope i can get tickets...I can't believe my luck. It'll be nice to be the only Scot there.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,753
    $75 plus additional venue, service and handling fees? Is he joking? It was $74 to see the whole band in Camden.

This must be Ed's way to keep things even-keeled. When Vitalogy was flying off the shelves, you can say things like "We're for the little guy" and try to keep ticket prices low. but when you haven't had a platinum album in 10 years, you need to get paid some way.

Every show will sellout in minutes...which will justify the $90 ticket prices for the next Pearl Jam tour.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    I definitely think you can buy 1 this time.

In the past they always made very clear it was pairs only, and price has always been for pairs.
    The 10C has never sold tickets in any other denomination than pairs. I would expect the same here unless otherwise specified.
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736

Now.... a west coast Pearl Jam tour!

YES PLEASE!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    The 10C has never sold tickets in any other denomination than pairs. I would expect the same here unless otherwise specified.

If that is the case they obliviously did not write a comprehensive press-release.
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    Yes!!!

As many have shared the Auditorium in Chicago is swwwwwweeeet!!!

Two nights of Ed ... bliss!

How bout' a PJ Alpine Valley show soon after?!?!?
    hehe... its never enough...

but i agree!!!! :D
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
This discussion has been closed.