Options

framed poster thread

Comments

• Options
    GlowGirl said:
    SHZA said:
    Sanders19 said:
    Needed to go big in the home office...

Awesome. Where'd you get it framed? I used a DIY kit on mine but thinking of getting it redone 
    I often get the DIY kits for different posters I have. But I just took two PJ posters that I have been wanting to frame for a while to get professionally framed. It was around $300 each to get framed. So expensive. Once I get them back I will post photos. 
    I have always debated on doing it myself, but haven’t tried a diy kit yet. It does get expensive bringing to get professionally done for sure, I might have to try a kit for the next one
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    GH162952 said:
    Another Eddie Solo Tour Poster

Looks awesome.  The art on that poster is so well done and it fits the show‘s location.  
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,880
    Sanders19 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    SHZA said:
    Sanders19 said:

Awesome. Where'd you get it framed? I used a DIY kit on mine but thinking of getting it redone 
    I often get the DIY kits for different posters I have. But I just took two PJ posters that I have been wanting to frame for a while to get professionally framed. It was around $300 each to get framed. So expensive. Once I get them back I will post photos. 
    I have always debated on doing it myself, but haven’t tried a diy kit yet. It does get expensive bringing to get professionally done for sure, I might have to try a kit for the next one
    Art to Frames has good DIY. They are more expensive than if you get ready made frames at a store. They are still custom. You pick out the frames, mat colors, width you want the mats, etc. then they send it to you and you pop in the poster yourself. It can still be around $125 or more based on size but cheaper than getting it done professionally. They use acid free mats as well. 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    Sanders19 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    SHZA said:
    Sanders19 said:

Art to Frames has good DIY. They are more expensive than if you get ready made frames at a store. They are still custom. You pick out the frames, mat colors, width you want the mats, etc. then they send it to you and you pop in the poster yourself. It can still be around $125 or more based on size but cheaper than getting it done professionally. They use acid free mats as well. 
    Thanks for the tip! I will have to check them out. I like the idea of custom at a better price point. I like the idea of them sending everything pre-fab. I think I might be able to handle that...ha!
  • Options
    Sanders19 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Sanders19 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    SHZA said:
    Sanders19 said:

Thanks for the tip! I will have to check them out. I like the idea of custom at a better price point. I like the idea of them sending everything pre-fab. I think I might be able to handle that...ha!
    If you decide to try Art to Frames just make sure you go to the custom frame section of the website so you can design the frame yourself rather than buying one of their pre-made ones. 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    Sanders19 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Sanders19 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    SHZA said:
    Sanders19 said:

If you decide to try Art to Frames just make sure you go to the custom frame section of the website so you can design the frame yourself rather than buying one of their pre-made ones. 
    Sounds good. Thanks!

i will give it a shot and post back here with the poster. Maybe the OKC one needs to go on the wall...
  • Options
    GH162952GH162952 Posts: 23
    @GH162952 Welcome to the club!

Thanks and great work on this one love the additions at the bottom!
  • Options

GH162952 said:

Thanks. Was lucky enough to get some of Eddie's picks that night at the show and I think they look great with the "mini poster" postcard. (I have the poster size version also...have not framed it up yet. Too many posters, too little money...) This is my very favorite poster of teh shows I've been to that I have framed up...
    Raleigh, NC., 8/31/98, Charlotte, NC., 8/4/00, Greensboro, NC., 8/6/00, Mountain View, CA., 10/31/00, Raleigh, NC., 4/15/03, Charlotte, NC., 4/16/03, Mountain View, CA., 10/25/03, Asheville, NC., 10/6/04, Philadelphia, PA., 10/3/05, Washington D.C, 5/30/06, Virginia Beach, VA., 6/17/07, Philadelphia, PA., 10/28/09, Charlottesville, VA., 10/29/13, Charlotte, NC., 10/30/13, Memphis, TN., 10/14/14, Greenville, SC., 4/16/16, Hampton, VA., 4/19/16, Raleigh, NC., 4/20/16, Columbia, SC., 4/21/16, Boston, MA., 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18 & 9/4/18., Nashville, TN., 4/2/20., Nashville, TN., 9/16/22.

EV Solo - Washington, D.C., 8/17/08, Atlanta, GA., 6/24/09, Orlando, FL., 11/27/12.
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,341
    GH162952 said:
    Can't believe its been 4 years ago already today, the last Tragically Hip show.  Seems only fitting to share this one as well.  RIP Gord

That’s really neat. You were in e arena for that concert? I have the green general tour edition framed. That one one and tour bus print is available on the band’s website.
  • Options
    BF89905 said:
    GH162952 said:
    Can't believe its been 4 years ago already today, the last Tragically Hip show.  Seems only fitting to share this one as well.  RIP Gord

That’s really neat. You were in e arena for that concert? I have the green general tour edition framed. That one one and tour bus print is available on the band’s website.
    I was in Market Square that night didnt get into the show.  Saw Victoria, 2 in Calgary, 1 in Edmonton and Ottawa that tour.  I have both of the other two posters as well, the green one is framed as well.  Will share that one too.

• Options

GH162952 said:

Thanks. Was lucky enough to get some of Eddie's picks that night at the show and I think they look great with the "mini poster" postcard. (I have the poster size version also...have not framed it up yet. Too many posters, too little money...) This is my very favorite poster of teh shows I've been to that I have framed up...
    thats awesome i have 4 of the postcard posters framed from the shows i went to, i loved that series of prints.
  • Options
    BH76306BH76306 Posts: 72
    Quite pleased with how these came out.

• Options
    Very nice!
    Raleigh, NC., 8/31/98, Charlotte, NC., 8/4/00, Greensboro, NC., 8/6/00, Mountain View, CA., 10/31/00, Raleigh, NC., 4/15/03, Charlotte, NC., 4/16/03, Mountain View, CA., 10/25/03, Asheville, NC., 10/6/04, Philadelphia, PA., 10/3/05, Washington D.C, 5/30/06, Virginia Beach, VA., 6/17/07, Philadelphia, PA., 10/28/09, Charlottesville, VA., 10/29/13, Charlotte, NC., 10/30/13, Memphis, TN., 10/14/14, Greenville, SC., 4/16/16, Hampton, VA., 4/19/16, Raleigh, NC., 4/20/16, Columbia, SC., 4/21/16, Boston, MA., 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18 & 9/4/18., Nashville, TN., 4/2/20., Nashville, TN., 9/16/22.

EV Solo - Washington, D.C., 8/17/08, Atlanta, GA., 6/24/09, Orlando, FL., 11/27/12.
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 1,999
    This is the only PJ one I have framed at this point. 

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    BH76306 said:

Those look like 16x40.  Did you order it custom,  if so where?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    BH76306 said:

Good ol' Michael's. 
  • Options
    looks great @BH76306 I am looking for the Boston one still, i have the Seattle one AP.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    BH76306 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    BH76306 said:

Good ol' Michael's. 
    They cut the frame for you right? They didn't stock a frame that size?
  • Options
    Evel KEvel K Posts: 517
    Gund Arena - Back when my floor seats were reserved up front.
    Things were different then
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    BH76306 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    BH76306 said:

Good ol' Michael's. 
    They cut the frame for you right? They didn't stock a frame that size?
    Correct. I can't remember exactly how much they cost... but I think around $180/each

• Options
    Just got these back from the framers. I think they came out great. 

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,430
    GlowGirl said:

Those are awesome! =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    @on2legs both look great but I love the Central Park one! 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    GH162952 said:
    Thanks. Those are actually mine. Got them back from the framers today. I love the Pendleton as well.

• Options
    Evel KEvel K Posts: 517
    GlowGirl said:
    GH162952 said:
    Thanks. Those are actually mine. Got them back from the framers today. I love the Pendleton as well.

Those both turned out great! The blue and white matting really works on that 98 Ames.
    Things were different then
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Evel K said:
    GlowGirl said:
    GH162952 said:

Those both turned out great! The blue and white matting really works on that 98 Ames.
    Thanks. It’s hard to see on the photo, but if you enlarge it a bit you will see that the white inner mat is beveled and rimmed in yellow. So there is a thin yellow line that goes all the way around. I had never seen a mat that has a different color bevel but it worked really well for this poster. Looks amazing in person. 

Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    Glowgirl they both look great but that 98.....oh baby!!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,182
    GlowGirl said:

Looks great, M. The Ames 98s are the best .
  • Options
    @GlowGirl sorry responded to the wrong message!  well done and i have a few mats that have a different core color, on the right poster like this one it pops!  Well done
  • Options
    SHZA said:
    GlowGirl said:

Looks great, M. The Ames 98s are the best .
    Thanks. I had this poster just sitting in my closet for over 20 years. This thread inspired me to finally frame it. I am so glad I did. Wish I did it a lot sooner.