framed poster thread

Comments

• drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    Red Lukin said:
    2 others I did a year ago or so, and 2 amazing shows indeed

Talk about sleepers in the PJ world. I don’t know how these aren’t gems for more people. Looks great!
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    terrym08 said:
    myoung321 said:
    terrym08 said:
    myoung321 said:
    boothead said:
    Not a framed poster but a big sign from the PJ20 venue Alpine Valley is my fav! 

They had these hanging all over Trieste, Italy in 2014

I have one of the Trieste signs.

Nice !!

I kick myself for not grabbing one after the show.. wanna trade for something? haha gotta ask ;)
    not right now, I love that sign, great show.

Can see my jersey reflection...haha
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

JT_JamFan said:

The music room is benefiting from all this extra time at home.  This is the ONLY Pearl Jam poster I own, but I love the Esher effect/homage.  it's in a shadow box frame and the matted back is the same color as the wall so it looks like it is floating under the glass.

Now, need to find a poster for the last show I saw: Dallas 2013!  any sellers?
    Looks great! 

• zmanzman Posts: 502
     not a poster, but i thought id share
  • prlprl Posts: 124
    mrussel1 said:
    JT_JamFan said:

The music room is benefiting from all this extra time at home.  This is the ONLY Pearl Jam poster I own, but I love the Esher effect/homage.  it's in a shadow box frame and the matted back is the same color as the wall so it looks like it is floating under the glass.

Sx 980, 1080, 1280?  Hard to tell...
    Pretty sure it's the SX-1080. I have an SX-850 together with a Technics SL-1310 turntable and love it!
    edited April 2020
    zman said:
     not a poster, but i thought id share
    Very cool, how are the picks held in position?
    Post edited by prl on
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    prl said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JT_JamFan said:

Pretty sure it's the SX-1080. I have an SX-850 together with a Technics SL-1310 turntable and love it!
    I have a 780 upstairs, but I prefer my Marantz 2245.. it's just a bit warmer.  They both sound WAY better than anything else sub $2k integrated or AVR, that's for sure.  
    mrussel1 said:
    prl said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JT_JamFan said:

I have a 780 upstairs, but I prefer my Marantz 2245.. it's just a bit warmer.  They both sound WAY better than anything else sub $2k integrated or AVR, that's for sure.  
    Nice. Did you do any maintenance on it? Mine had been sitting for at least 30 years without any use at my parents place. 
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,833
    Guess I should add this here, been a while and just finally finished it. Thanks to all the people I've gotten picks from!

Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• JT_JamFanJT_JamFan Posts: 169
    mrussel1 said:
    JT_JamFan said:

Good eye!    it is a SX 980.  it's a little sctachy when I turn it up real loud, but gets better after the first 2 or 3 songs.
    Escape is never the safest path....

Atlanta 9.1.98
    Dallas 11.15.13
    Ft. Worth 9.15.23
    prl said:
    mrussel1 said:
    prl said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JT_JamFan said:

Nice. Did you do any maintenance on it? Mine had been sitting for at least 30 years without any use at my parents place. 
    Just pot cleaning on both.   Both have run well.  The SX had a channel drop issue a few years ago and I isolated it to the mono switch.  Deoxit cleaner  and then gold took care of it.   

There's a guy in Williamsburg (Action Electronics) that has been fixing this stuff since 73 in the same location.  He said recaps are almost never necessary.  
    Mine is a little less traditional... it's also hooked to an Outlaw 125 watt amp..  so it's kind of a 22-125

• matt84matt84 Posts: 584
    Work in progress. Turning this wall into the Pearl Jam wall. Had the centre Manchester one done a few years ago and the other two done last year. Hopefully will add a couple more by the end of the year.

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689
    I bit the bullet last night and bought the Pendleton Global Citizens poster. I have been wanting it for a while - I was at the show. Saw it on Ebay last night and figured screw it - I need some shopping therapy. I have no regrets. I can't wait to frame it and put a photo on this thread. Hope everyone is safe and well.
    MF117973 said:
    I bit the bullet last night and bought the Pendleton Global Citizens poster. I have been wanting it for a while - I was at the show. Saw it on Ebay last night and figured screw it - I need some shopping therapy. I have no regrets. I can't wait to frame it and put a photo on this thread. Hope everyone is safe and well.
    Im a big fan too. Congrats  
    mrussel1 said:
    MF117973 said:
    Im a big fan too. Congrats  
    Nice frame job. Got an email from EBay. I should have it before Saturday. I will have to figure out my mat colors. I am a big fan of the double mat. My main problem is wall space. 
  • terrym08terrym08 Posts: 370
    just got this one back today, I think it turned out really well.

• SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,072
    terrym08 said:

Looks fantastic!
    terrym08 said:

That is one beautiful poster and frame job. 
  • BR223133BR223133 Posts: 79
    Old school...
    1992: 7/25 Denver, CO (Lollapalooza)
    1993: 11/30 Las Vegas, NV (Vault #5) - 12/1 Las Vegas, NV
    1998: 7/11 Las Vegas, NV
    2000: 10/22 Las Vegas, NV (10th anniversary)
    2003: 4/1 Denver, CO
    2006: 7/3 Denver, CO
    2014: 10/22 Denver, CO
    2020: 4/11 Phoenix, AZ
    2022: 5/9 Phoenix, AZ - 5/20 Las Vegas, NV

Eddie Vedder/Earthlings
    2022: 10/7 Las Vegas, NV
  • terrym08terrym08 Posts: 370
    SHZA said:
    terrym08 said:

Looks fantastic!
    thanks I love it.. 
    BR223133 said:
    Old school...
    Clean!!! Looks great...

edited April 2020
    My Pendleton Global Citizen poster came the other day from Ebay. It is in perfect condition. I love it. Now I get the fun of framing it. I can't decide if I should go with Art to Frames - which I have used many times where you order online and they send you the frame and mats and decent quality plexiglass and you put it together yourself, or if I should wait until after the pandemic and spend the money and get it custom framed with good glass, etc. Most of the posters I have framed using Art to Frames have come out looking really great. I have really only gotten expensive custom framing on my more expensive art work. I know this is a poster - but it was also expensive - not sure how I should treat it in terms of framing. I assume unlike some of my other more expensive art work it won't require museum glass, etc. But any good suggestions?
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited April 2020
    Really haven't bought or framed any prints in a LONG time. These are probably my favorites I have though.

Post edited by MedozK on
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Munk & Emek are my favorites for PJ ^^^^^
  • Wardma21Wardma21 Posts: 1
    Sitting here watching “Let’s Play Two,” saw this thread come up and felt right to post.
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    MedozK said:
    Really haven't bought or framed any prints in a LONG time. These are probably my favorites I have though.

The memphis is one of the most gorgeous prints you will see in person. Made me reconsider doing a black matte when I frame mine. Great stuff
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • CrewCrew Posts: 299
    payling said:

Hey - bumping an old one.. can you tell me where you found the "turf" mat??  

All my google searches are returning actual grass / lawn materials or doormats.  Thanks!!
  • euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    FYI a UK gallery has some PJ prints for sale
    https://www.thefloodgallery.com/pages/search-results-page?q=pearl+jam

"Continuing our rare poster sale we have a series of Pearl Jam posters today available at great prices from poster legends such as Brad KlausenJermaine RogersJeff Soto and Ames BrothersPlease make sure you check the condition of the poster before purchase as many have slight defects but are priced accordingly."

• rbandhbrbandhb Kansas City Posts: 102
    anybody do anything cool with the Missoula 18 poster or have any ideas on it? heading to my frame guy soon and looking for some ideas.

thanks. 
    Bonner Springs 2000
    Bonner Springs 2003
    Council Bluffs 2003
    Kansas City 2010
    Atlanta Music Midtown 2012
    Wrigley Field 2013
    Seattle 2013
    St Louis 2014
    Tulsa 2014
    Lincoln 2014
    MSG 1 2016