Options

framed poster thread

Comments

• Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    Beautiful the one I clicked on says 4/15-4/21 so I will do it then!!
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    What are some good sites to get posters if you're poor like me? (other than Ebay)
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    What are some good sites to get posters if you're poor like me? (other than Ebay)

This one is about it. The posters have good value. Espresso beans is good sometimes too.
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    Finally got these four on my wall!! They still need more work, (better frames) but had to at least get them on the wall, its been over a year since I first got the Dublin poster. Many thanks to Brad for helping me get the New Orleans to finish off the set and to signing the other two at Alpine!

IMAG1424.jpg
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
  • Options
    Dirty FrankkDirty Frankk Posts: 4,274
    MedozK wrote:
    Got this back today from the framers. :D

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

That is nice frame too

I can sit and watch all day this poster :corn: ;)
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,007
    Spags wrote:
    curitiba2012032000008.jpg

Wow, this one really works for me, love the way the tree breaks the border.

+1

LOVE the tree breaking the mat border..

well done!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    Indi4enceIndi4ence Posts: 949
    VinylGirl wrote:
    Indi4ence wrote:
    VinylGirl wrote:
    First shows- Randall's Island '96, so this was a special gift to me this past Christmas.
    I'm pretty happy with the way it came out

Image-1.jpg

Looks Great!!!

My first shows too, Had to leave the first night early in an ambulance with a friend that got injured.

Thanks guys!! :) When the shop owner pulled out the purple and doubled it with the black, I was sold. I have four more ($$$) coming in this weekend, hope they look half as good as this one.

Oh snap! That sucks, was your friend okay? Lots of pushing and shoving both nights, but nights I will never forget!!

yeah she was alright, unforgettable nights...
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    I presented my daughter with her 1st Pearl Jam poster today.
    photo2-1.jpg

The colors in the print actually matches her walls..she was actually kinda excited...great daddy/daughter bonding moment :D
  • Options
    SemperFiSemperFi Posts: 136
    What the hell is the secret on how to upload pictures to this thread???
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,659
    MedozK wrote:
    Thanks..I also added this to the wall today

photo12.jpg

Have officially ran out of "wife approved" wall space :lol:

wait, wait, wait.... there is such a thing? Can someone please explain this concept to my girlfriend?? Pretty please.

I've avoided this thread of late, as looking at everyone else's newly framed artwork depresses me when I think that pretty much everything I buy for the rest of my life is going to be trapped in a portfolio under a bed.... :cry:

As I flip back through the most recent pages though, I see lots of very nice frames everyone... nice work. Enjoy your art!
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: New York X2
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    MedozK wrote:

wait, wait, wait.... there is such a thing? Can someone please explain this concept to my girlfriend?? Pretty please.

I've avoided this thread of late, as looking at everyone else's newly framed artwork depresses me when I think that pretty much everything I buy for the rest of my life is going to be trapped in a portfolio under a bed.... :cry:

As I flip back through the most recent pages though, I see lots of very nice frames everyone... nice work. Enjoy your art!

Frame one up really nicely. Plus make it something she can appreciate (ie as nice as the other AV ones are, the Hampton makes much more sense in my house. With 4 crazy boys of my own, it fits right in my dining area) With the beautiful job the Hoff did, it was a winner as soon as she saw the matting. Then it became art instead of just throwing a rock poster up. Hey! I'd love those others, too, but I knew they would make no sense in my house. It's a compromise.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Then it became art instead of just throwing a rock poster up.
    This has been my sales pitch..."Its Art..not a poster" :D
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,664
    SemperFi wrote:
    What the hell is the secret on how to upload pictures to this thread???

put your pics on a sharing site first...photobucket, flickr, etc.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,659
    shep wrote:
    MedozK wrote:

Frame one up really nicely. Plus make it something she can appreciate (ie as nice as the other AV ones are, the Hampton makes much more sense in my house. With 4 crazy boys of my own, it fits right in my dining area) With the beautiful job the Hoff did, it was a winner as soon as she saw the matting. Then it became art instead of just throwing a rock poster up. Hey! I'd love those others, too, but I knew they would make no sense in my house. It's a compromise.

I have put a lot of effort and $'s into my frames:

http://s1009.photobucket.com/albums/af216/sheppard8966/

The only stuff I've framed is from show's that I've been to and hold a special memory for me...

Each and every one of those was a struggle... everytime I took something to the framer's, a fight ensued... Until after I brought home the Moose (a show she attended with me in Toronto - she was also at the Hartford 10 show with me) I was told absolutely nothing else was allowed, despite the fact we have all this empty wall space in the common areas...

Since we moved into the new house in November, all of my piece's are hidden from common area's of our house, with the exception of the Coachella 07, which is in the living room... they're in bathrooms, in upstairs hallways, in the guest bedroom and office, the garage....

The one that really urked me is the painting you see in the first picture... I commissioned that from an artist friend of mine, had permission to get it, paid a fortune for the piece and getting it shipped to me.... and when it showed up I was told it was ugly and to hide it in a corner... everyone loves it and has asked why it's tucked away in a back room when it was painted specifically for a huge, empty wall I have in the kitchen.... still seething over that one...

anyway... it will suffice to say that I have a lot more art than this that's hidden away in a couple of portfolio's under the bed....

Edit: I get that the tool one really doesn't fit, but I owned that before we moved in together, and I don't know what to do with it... I had it in the garage, until I realized that if it mildew's in the humidity in the garage, it's actually not possible to replace that poster (believe it or not, the Tool posters are more difficult to obtain than most PJ stuff)... so I brought it back inside and now it's tucked in a closet... :(
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,660
    theflagem wrote:
    A few more posters. Same frame for all three and no mat on these.

pjframedposters003.jpg

my favorite show poster of all time----PJ or EV. Unreal.
  • Options
    PJRock75PJRock75 Posts: 868
    I don't collect posters anymore but I want that one.... Awesome
    "If you want a friend, feed any animal." - JA
    "Don't let it get you down, you know, still give your love, just give it away...I love singin' that part." - EV
  • Options
    Anyone have a cool frame for either of Klausen's "Phoenix rising" Boston 2004 posters???
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,990
    Couple framed up - hard to get pics without reflections at the moment...

pjmexicocitymedium.jpg

pjtorontomedium2.jpg
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    Leyna MinaiLeyna Minai Posts: 688
    Spags wrote:
    Couple framed up - hard to get pics without reflections at the moment...

pjmexicocitymedium.jpg

pjtorontomedium2.jpg

Pretttttttttty!!
    7/15/2011 - Benoroya Hall - (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Seattle, WA
    4/2/2008 - The Center in Vancouver for Performing Arts (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Vancouver, WA
    9/21/2009 Key Arena - Seattle, WA
    7/22/2006 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
    9/1/2005 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
  • Options
    I had some leftover matting so I bought a cheap frame from Michael's (12 x 16 for $17) and the results are below. Note to anyone looking to frame & mat this print - take the print out of the plastic to see the actual colors BEFORE you try to match the colors to matting because the print colors are MUCH more vibrant than they appear when still in the plastic.
    10c_print_sm.jpg
  • Options
    I had some leftover matting so I bought a cheap frame from Michael's (12 x 16 for $17) and the results are below. Note to anyone looking to frame & mat this print - take the print out of the plastic to see the actual colors BEFORE you try to match the colors to matting because the print colors are MUCH more vibrant than they appear when still in the plastic.
    10c_print_sm.jpg

That looks good!!
    4/2/2008 - The Center in Vancouver for Performing Arts (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Vancouver, WA
  • Options
    10c_print_sm.jpg

That looks good!!
    Thanks! I'm still a little unsettled about the matting and print colors not matching. The crazy thing is that they did match before the print came out of the plastic. Oh well, I'm sure I'll live with it the way it is.
  • Options
    10c_print_sm.jpg

That looks good!!
    Thanks! I'm still a little unsettled about the matting and print colors not matching. The crazy thing is that they did match before the print came out of the plastic. Oh well, I'm sure I'll live with it the way it is.

That's odd that the plastic sleeve showed a drastic difference in the red color. It looks great though, The poster stands out more with the different shade of red!
  • Options
    Gremmie03Gremmie03 Posts: 502
    How much does it usually cost to get the PJ posters framed at Micheals?

looking to frame 5/6 posters that I have

Also, if anyone has framed the WPB 2008 alligator, any chance you can post a pic

Thanks in advance
    Demented and sad, but social
    Wrigley Earthcam/Hartford 2013
  • Options
    locked wrote:
    Anyone have a cool frame for either of Klausen's "Phoenix rising" Boston 2004 posters???
    Anyone???
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    dislocateddislocated Posts: 599
    Gremmie03 wrote:

Also, if anyone has framed the WPB 2008 alligator, any chance you can post a pic

Thanks in advance

Anywhere from $100-300. Depending on what you get & what coupons you have. I just had my 9/11 Toronto moose done for $203. Double mat, museum glass & mount w/textured frame. I also had %66 off custom framing.
  • Options
    PJINFLAPJINFLA Posts: 685
    It depends on the discount coupon that you have at the time you get them framed.
    Going on right now is just about Michael's best offer which is 60% off plus 15% off which
    is about 66% off the list price but is only good thru the 21st. I took 6 of mine in this week.

I have paid anywhere between $125 to $200 per poster depending on the size of the
    poster, type of frame, type of glass, and number of mats used.

Gremmie03 wrote:

Thanks in advance
    4/22/92 St. Petersburg, 8/23/92 Orlando, 3/29/94 St. Petersburg, 10/7/96 Ft. Lauderdale, 9/8/98 East Rutherford, 9/22/98 West Palm Beach, 9/23/98 West Palm Beach, 8/9/00 West Palm Beach, 8/10/00 West Palm Beach, 8/12/00 Tampa, 4/11/03 West Palm Beach, 4/13/03 Tampa, 6/2/03 Irvine, 6/3/03 Irvine, 9/28/04 Boston, 9/29/04 Boston, 9/1/05 George WA, 9/11/05 Kitchener, 9/12/05 London, 9/13/05 Hamilton, 10/03/05 Philadelphia, 5/16/06 Chicago, 5/17/06 Chicago, 6/23/06 Pittsburgh, 6/24/06 Cincinnati, 6/11/08, West Palm Beach, 6/12/08 Tampa, 6/19/08 Camden, 6/20/08 Camden, 8/23/09 Chicago, 8/24/09 Chicago, 10/27/09 Philadelphia, 10/28/09 Philadelphia, 10/30/09 Philadelphia, 10/31/09 Philadelphia, 5/18/10 New Jersey, 5/20/10 New York, 5/21/10 New York, 9/3/11 East Troy, 9/4/11 East Troy, 9/11/11 Toronto, 9/12/11 Toronto, 9/02/12 Philadelphia, 9/21/12 Pensacola, 7/19/13 Chicago, 10/18/13 Brooklyn, 10/19/13 Brooklyn, 11/23/13 LA, 10/24/13 LA, 11/16/13 Oklahoma City, 10/1/14 Cincinnati, 10/20/14 Milwaukee, 10/22/14 Denver, 4/8/16 Ft. Lauderdale, 4/9/16 Miami, 4/11/16 Tampa, 5/1/16 New York, 5/2/16 New York, 8/5/16 Boston, 8/7/16 Boston, 8/20/16 Chicago, 8/22/16 Chicago, 4/07/17 New York, 8/08/18 Seattle, 8/10/18 Seattle, 8/20/18 Chicago
    9/02/18 Boston, 9/04/18 Boston, 9/11/22 New York, 9/16/22 Nashville, 9/22/22 Denver, 8/31/23, St. Paul, 9/2/23 St. Paul, 9/18/23 Austin, 9/19/23 Austin
  • Options
    BB162610BB162610 Upstate NY Posts: 541
    locked wrote:
    locked wrote:
    Anyone???
    I have asked the same question in the past with no luck. Someone must have this framed up.