framed poster thread

Comments

• LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    I agree, I think it's much nicer in person. I only have one more spot really in this room, still have to frame the surfing Eddie with suitcase print and put it there. :)
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    HPIM0416.jpg
    HPIM0417.jpg
    HPIM0415.jpg
    HPIM0413.jpg
    Finally got around to posting in this thread. I get all my posters framed in a little mom-and-pop shop here in town, they are great! I've always loved the Klausen Gorge posters, though I'm not a huge fan of the Ames from that set. And I will admit, I really liked the colors used for the '09 trio (Seattle both nights and Portland). They are so vibrant, and I love all three of them hung together. Quite an eye-catcher, especially with the color gradient from the matting. I'm really looking forward to EV's two Benaroya show, once I get those posters all framed I plan to make one whole wall a full-on collage.
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,894
    Lukin66 those look great- nice job
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    Lukin66 wrote:
    HPIM0416.jpg
    HPIM0417.jpg
    HPIM0415.jpg
    HPIM0413.jpg
    Finally got around to posting in this thread. I get all my posters framed in a little mom-and-pop shop here in town, they are great! I've always loved the Klausen Gorge posters, though I'm not a huge fan of the Ames from that set. And I will admit, I really liked the colors used for the '09 trio (Seattle both nights and Portland). They are so vibrant, and I love all three of them hung together. Quite an eye-catcher, especially with the color gradient from the matting. I'm really looking forward to EV's two Benaroya show, once I get those posters all framed I plan to make one whole wall a full-on collage.

Great job on these. I use a similar "method" in Matting, so I may be biased. ;)
  • Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    Thanks guys, these posters always make me smile when I see them. Believe it or not, the red on surfing Sasquatch was the toughest to match! I was at the frame shop for like, an hour matching it :lol:
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • Dirty FrankkDirty Frankk Posts: 4,274
    Great stuff Lukin66, I like what you did with frames.

Today finally I took 4 posters to frame shop:
    Emek - Kansas City
    Hampton - Hartford
    Klausen - Toronto 09
    Mark 5 - Austin City Limits 09
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,889
    a)
    IMG_3375.jpg

or

b)
    IMG_3377.jpg

:?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    imalive wrote:
    a)
    IMG_3375.jpg

or

b)
    IMG_3377.jpg

A with a silver frame ;)

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    imalive wrote:
    a)
    IMG_3375.jpg

or

b)
    IMG_3377.jpg

I like A with the orange matte :)
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

A with a silver frame ;)
    that WOULD look good but all 20 or so of my posters have the same frame.

the grey looked better on american frame's website :roll:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,830
    Go with orange or brown, and definitely check it out in person. I did brown that matches perfectly and is one of my favorite framed posters.
    Orange matte for sure
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
    I like bothactually, the Orange makes it pop, and the Brown is way more subtle. Depends if you want it to jump off your wall or not.
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874
    i need to frame the gorge jumper

then i'm done

honest

;)
  • alive34alive34 Posts: 11
    i think doing a double matte with the gray in the 2nd pic as the outer and using the orange as a thin inner would be perfect.i really like the gray.
    Here is my new frame Austin City Limits, 4 more to come this week include Eddie Ken Taylor Adelaide

P5181930.jpg
    I like bothactually, the Orange makes it pop, and the Brown is way more subtle. Depends if you want it to jump off your wall or not.
    yep....mats can totally change the "feel" of a poster.

the second is actually grey...I couldn't find a brown that matched at all.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    imalive wrote:

The orange makes it pop... still my fave combo
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    I vote for Orange too! :) I think they both look great but orange seems to really bring the print out. :D
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,182
    imalive wrote:
    a)
    IMG_3375.jpg

or

b)
    IMG_3377.jpg

A
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Here is my new frame Austin City Limits, 4 more to come this week include Eddie Ken Taylor Adelaide

P5181930.jpg

me likey...haven't seen that poster before...looks good
    aqo2t.jpg
  • GibsonGibson Posts: 2,633
    I always use a simple black frame. It does the job, but pails in comparison to some of the mattes shown on here. Well done peeps.

I'm too cheap to fork out the extra 100$ for each poster....
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: Seattle 1&2, Noblesville, Wrigley 1&2

• themessengerthemessenger Posts: 1,320
    Gibson wrote:
    I always use a simple black frame. It does the job, but pails in comparison to some of the mattes shown on here. Well done peeps.

I'm too cheap to fork out the extra 100$ for each poster....

I do the same since I'm pretty cheap, I don't get them matted and just choose a nice wide black frame. Most of these posters are very impressive.
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    imalive wrote:

I think the orange kind of distracts from the print. It's the border that pops, not the poster.
    Finally I have all brown frames for my bedroom

emek.jpg

emekdet.jpg

Usually blue and brown don't go together really well but I think in this case worked out just fine.
    and 2 more...

hampton-1.jpg

klausen.jpg
    That PJ EMEK looks great. So do the Hampton and Klausen.
  • hip_n_jamhip_n_jam Posts: 220
    and 2 more...

klausen.jpg

Love it.
  • 71step2871step28 Posts: 2,249
    picked them up from the frame shop today :Dlove how they turned out :D

don't mind the still attached protection corners ;)

IMG_0739.jpg
    Great job with simply frames, looks really sharp.
    I would only put the first poster in the middle on the wall ;)