Options

framed poster thread

Comments

• Options
    jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    CJMST3K wrote:

Good call on the neon nielsen metal! I have those frame samples, but haven't used them in my shop yet.

Mind if I ask how much it was? I'm always looking at comparing my prices to make sure I'm competitive.

Thanks!

im afraid i got ripped off... this was my first time... i got it matted, 90% uv museum glass, and that fancy frame... it came to just over $200 :?
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    that's fair
  • Options
    that's fair

really? ok now i dont feel so bad... plus this is one is a gift... now i am gonna unearth a lot of my posters and start getting them framed, right now they are all in poster tubes...

i wanna start with:

msg 98
    msg 03
    neocon 04 - this one is gonna be expensive. Ive seen one or two on here in which they were all lined up exeactly right next to each other, but i was thinking having them each divided by slight bit of black matting w red trim around the mat... black metal frame...it will be pretty big and mucho $$$
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,659
    that's fair

really? ok now i dont feel so bad... plus this is one is a gift... now i am gonna unearth a lot of my posters and start getting them framed, right now they are all in poster tubes...

i wanna start with:

msg 98
    msg 03
    neocon 04 - this one is gonna be expensive. Ive seen one or two on here in which they were all lined up exeactly right next to each other, but i was thinking having them each divided by slight bit of black matting w red trim around the mat... black metal frame...it will be pretty big and mucho $$$

Dude... seriously, have you been paying attention to this form or what? Storing those in tubes for years on end is a bad thing... I had one poster that was in a tube for almost a year before I got my portfolio; it's been in a sleeve for 2 years now and still has a bit of a tendency to curl.... You need to get those out of the tubes and into a proper storage file.

However, love to see that NEOCON set..... been trying to pick up those 1 by 1, but it's taking forever...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    CJMST3K wrote:

Good call on the neon nielsen metal! I have those frame samples, but haven't used them in my shop yet.

Mind if I ask how much it was? I'm always looking at comparing my prices to make sure I'm competitive.

Thanks!

im afraid i got ripped off... this was my first time... i got it matted, 90% uv museum glass, and that fancy frame... it came to just over $200 :?

90% uv museum glass? thats throwing me off.

There's one company who makes "museum glass" and it's 99%.

Let me ask, does the glass have normal reflection like other pictures you've seen framed?
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    CJMST3K wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:

Thanks!

90% uv museum glass? thats throwing me off.

There's one company who makes "museum glass" and it's 99%.

Let me ask, does the glass have normal reflection like other pictures you've seen framed?

maybe it was 99%... i can't remember the exact schematics of the thing... but yeah it was in the 90s and its museum glass... thats all i remember ... when she showed me the difference of the glass i obviously opted for the nicest looking one
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    that's fair

i wanna start with:

msg 98
    msg 03

Dude... seriously, have you been paying attention to this form or what? Storing those in tubes for years on end is a bad thing... I had one poster that was in a tube for almost a year before I got my portfolio; it's been in a sleeve for 2 years now and still has a bit of a tendency to curl.... You need to get those out of the tubes and into a proper storage file.

However, love to see that NEOCON set..... been trying to pick up those 1 by 1, but it's taking forever...

i have tons of these. some are in tubes, others are not... unfortunately i have had no choice in storing them... i never really had the cash to get em framed or found a large enough portfolio book... not that i can really afford it now, but i wanna get them framed before its too late... plus the frame job i got the woman mounted it to the backing
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722

i have tons of these. some are in tubes, others are not... unfortunately i have had no choice in storing them... i never really had the cash to get em framed or found a large enough portfolio book... not that i can really afford it now, but i wanna get them framed before its too late... plus the frame job i got the woman mounted it to the backing

Go to your local frame shop and buy 2 sheets of ACID FREE (preferably Bainbridge Artcare Acid Free) Foamboard. You can store your posters in there... a number of them together. It'll be relatively inexpensive, and will keep them flat.

Just, when unrolling them, be extremely careful, as unrolling them wrong can cause damage to the edges or can put permanent creases in the thick paper.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    CJMST3K wrote:

Go to your local frame shop and buy 2 sheets of ACID FREE (preferably Bainbridge Artcare Acid Free) Foamboard. You can store your posters in there... a number of them together. It'll be relatively inexpensive, and will keep them flat.

Just, when unrolling them, be extremely careful, as unrolling them wrong can cause damage to the edges or can put permanent creases in the thick paper.

Im going to see if I can get some of this..
    I went to an Art shop to try and get sheets of acid free paper to put between my posters
    and the closest thing I could get was acid free tissue paper was a funny size how to lay several sheets
    to cover one poster..
    How is the best way to unroll without putting permanent creases into the paper....
  • Options

That is a really cool tee whats the story behind it.......

spill! :)
  • Options
    daviecoopdaviecoop Posts: 198
    ComeToTX wrote:
    daviecoop wrote:
    Nobody commented on my first attempt.
    :(

So I took a better pic hehe.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa28 ... am/033.jpg

I like a lot your frame, nice job.

very nice. how'd you get it signed?

Cheers mate. It came along with a signed guitar which I won in an auction.
  • Options
    Ron BurgundyRon Burgundy Posts: 498
    shep wrote:

I hope you are not meaning dry mount....dry mounting is the worst thing you can do besides Lamiframe!
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,579
    very nice. how'd you get it signed?[/quote]

Cheers mate. It came along with a signed guitar which I won in an auction.[/quote]

Very cool 8-)
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    aus_suz wrote:

ok i didnt get this shirt originally... that is part two of the story...

part one...

back in 94 or 95 eddie and the guys or just eddie was working to save some wetlands and save the frogs (i think this may be around 94, because in atlanta during glorified g ed sang "got a gun, in fact i got two... that's ok man cause i LOVE FROGS!")... i think this contest may have been run through a radio station... news went out that anyone who gets the most signatures on a petition to "save the frogs" gets a signed photo of eddie... so several peops got these i believe... now when my friend in question here sent her's in, they were out of photos... so instead she was sent this shirt signed by ed himself...

"how much difference... you tell me? eddie vedder"

2nd part:

comes 1997 i meet girl, we start dating... she knows i love pearl jam and gave me all of her pj shirts, bootleges, ticket stubs... which i graceously accepted of course :)

now she was a rich little spoiled brat and one day she says, oh yeah i have this shirt signed by eddie... i never asked for it, she never offered to give it to me...she showed it to me, than proceeded to roll it into a little ball and throw it into the back of her mercedes truck... along w her muddy field hockey gear...... this was towards the end of our "friendship" so she did this purposely just to cut me deep... and it sat in mud and phys-ed stink for well over a month...it sat there looking at me like one of those abused animals from those sarah mclaughlin sbca commercials...

finally i said, fuck it... jacked it out of her truck and its been w me since, now in a loving caring home...no one got hurt... i win

...getting her framed today!
  • Options
    phishjamphishjam Posts: 117
    the latest to be framed

Hawaii

DSCN0050.jpg
    DSCN0046.jpg
    fiddlers green 98
    ice bowl 00
    st paul 03
    st paul 06
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,838
    phishjam wrote:
    the latest to be framed

Hawaii

DSCN0050.jpg
    DSCN0046.jpg

that's gorgeous
  • Options

part one...

back in 94 or 95 eddie and the guys or just eddie was working to save some wetlands and save the frogs (i think this may be around 94, because in atlanta during glorified g ed sang "got a gun, in fact i got two... that's ok man cause i LOVE FROGS!")... i think this contest may have been run through a radio station... news went out that anyone who gets the most signatures on a petition to "save the frogs" gets a signed photo of eddie... so several peops got these i believe... now when my friend in question here sent her's in, they were out of photos... so instead she was sent this shirt signed by ed himself...

2nd part:

comes 1997 i meet girl, we start dating... she knows i love pearl jam and gave me all of her pj shirts, bootleges, ticket stubs... which i graceously accepted of course :)

now she was a rich little spoiled brat and one day she says, oh yeah i have this shirt signed by eddie... i never asked for it, she never offered to give it to me...she showed it to me, than proceeded to roll it into a little ball and throw it into the back of her mercedes truck... along w her muddy field hockey gear...... this was towards the end of our "friendship" so she did this purposely just to cut me deep... and it sat in mud and phys-ed stink for well over a month...it sat there looking at me like one of those abused animals from those sarah mclaughlin sbca commercials...

finally i said, fuck it... jacked it out of her truck and its been w me since, now in a loving caring home...no one got hurt... i win

...getting her framed today![/quote]

That story is awesome, I would have done the same thing. :lol::lol:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    The only PJ poster I have framed right now is from my 2nd show, I plan to do more eventually. I kept it simple since the poster is so damn good:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/pulling69/PJEL98.jpg
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • Options
    Little ItalyLittle Italy Rochester, NY Posts: 404
    pdalowsky wrote:
    phishjam wrote:
    the latest to be framed

Hawaii

DSCN0050.jpg
    DSCN0046.jpg

that's gorgeous

Took the words right out of my mouth. Nice!
    "he who forgets-will be destined to remember"
  • Options
    AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    phishjam wrote:
    the latest to be framed

Hawaii

DSCN0050.jpg
    DSCN0046.jpg

That frame is Fn sweet
  • Options
    aus_suz wrote:

part one...

2nd part:

...getting her framed today!

I knew there had to be a good story behind that tee...
    And it is a good story.....
    I wonder if she ever missed it...
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    Quick framing of msg posters. Wish they were the same size, I always like when same venue posters are identical in dimensions.

http://twitpic.com/1q7jkz
    http://twitpic.com/1q7jbs
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    over bends wrote:
    Quick framing of msg posters. Wish they were the same size, I always like when same venue posters are identical in dimensions.

Wow that was quick, good job though, they look good.....even though I'm not sold on the 1st MSG.

Just picked up 1 of my posters yesterday from the framers..haven't had a chance to get a pic and get it posted yet.
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    BLACK35 wrote:
    over bends wrote:

Wow that was quick, good job though, they look good.....even though I'm not sold on the 1st MSG.

Just picked up 1 of my posters yesterday from the framers..haven't had a chance to get a pic and get it posted yet.

Thanks, the real trouble is finding space on the wall for them. :D
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    just picked up my framed t... will post pictures of it later today
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,418
    phishjam wrote:
    the latest to be framed

Hawaii

DSCN0050.jpg
    DSCN0046.jpg

Looks great man. Who did you use to frame it?
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    phishjamphishjam Posts: 117
    JV130312 wrote:
    phishjam wrote:
    the latest to be framed

Hawaii

DSCN0050.jpg
    DSCN0046.jpg

Looks great man. Who did you use to frame it?

got it framed at Michaels, got it during one of their 60% off sales, which is the only time i have them do it as it makes it about resonable price wise, I believe this ended up costing between $120 - $140.... i have 5 or 6 framed from Michaels , including the EV chicago and Ament designed Chicago poster, and I have always been happy with how they turn out, and the price paid...
    fiddlers green 98
    ice bowl 00
    st paul 03
    st paul 06
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,644
    i should be getting hartford back this week. excited to get it on the wall.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.