Options

framed poster thread

Comments

• Options
    ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    phillyposters.jpg
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • Options
    mensanemensane Posts: 912
    has anyone framed the SLC 09 poster? looking for ideas.
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    edited November 2009
    http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e365/ ... G_0231.jpg

smallframed.jpg

Thanks to chitty for the copy of Ed's setlist. Thanks to Ed for the pick. Thanks to ten club for the front row seats. Thanks to the Vitalogy and Wishlist Foundation.

Thanks to Pearl Jam for the greatest night of my life.
    Post edited by restlesssoul on
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Options
    ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e365/restlesssoulbdp/IMG_0231.jpg

smallframed.jpg

Thanks to chitty for the copy of Ed's setlist. Thanks to Ed for the pick. Thanks to ten club for the front row seats. Thanks to the Vitalogy Foundation.

Okay, that is seriously awesome!
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,659
    Wow... I can't believe I am just finding this thread after surfing these forms for over 2 years....

I have a similar obsession with the framing of my posters, and my live-in girl friend hates it, she thinks I'm taking over all the wall space for "pointless crap"....

That being beside the point... I will be months going back through and looking at everyone's frames...

I'm currently away on thanksgiving vacation, but when I get back to my place I will post up mine... I have three recent posters in frames at my place in Texas:

08/21/09 - Toronto
    10/4/09 - Austin (not the camper, the limited edition Cowboy squirt-gun one in an awesome double mat that took me a month to find the perfect color scheme)
    06/25/08 - MSG night 2

I've also got 3 in storage back at my parents place in Canada... 2 from the Australian 2006 dates, and one from the 2005 Canadian tour....

I can't wait to share and get to look at everyone else's picks! I've got a bunch of frames from other bands as well: 2 from DMB, 1 from Tool (in a really funky frame), a rare S/N Audioslave 2005 one (although I have noticed that people were very polar about whether they hate or love it), and the limited Vegoose 2008 poster... hopefully I'll get to share the rest of them when I visit my parents at Christmas.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,982

smallframed.jpg

Thanks to chitty for the copy of Ed's setlist. Thanks to Ed for the pick. Thanks to ten club for the front row seats. Thanks to the Vitalogy and Wishlist Foundation.

sweet jebus! that is beautiful! :)
    how did you get the poster signed by the whole band?
  • Options
    Just wondering how many of you use Glass vs Acrylic?
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887

smallframed.jpg

Nice- Congrats
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    gfrasergfraser Posts: 686
    all of mine are glass.
    This post is © by gfraser
  • Options
    Also, which kind of glass?

UV conversation or Museum?
  • Options
    t0mMyet0mMye Posts: 821
    Preservation glass only for mine, the entire project is preservation mounting for me.

Sending a 1998 in soon...

I only do AP's (if there are any), rarer then 1st's and I like the artist that designed it being a part of it.
    Ten Club # 433608, when I am 80 I will be in the front row!
  • Options
    t0mMye wrote:
    Preservation glass only for mine, the entire project is preservation mounting for me.

If they arent in direct sunlight arent they gonna be preserved pretty well no matter the glass? Museum glass is SOOOO clear you cant even see it. And for 50-70 extra bux I think its worth it. I only ask cause Im confused as what to do with the next batch of posters I take to the frame shop...
  • Options
    They are one in the same to my knowledge.
  • Options
    t0mMye wrote:
    They are one in the same to my knowledge.

No sir. UV protection is great but adds glare. Great for protection but NOTHING like the Museum type glass. In the past I opted for the UV stuff but was looking for reviews from everyone here...
  • Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    t0mMye wrote:

If they arent in direct sunlight arent they gonna be preserved pretty well no matter the glass? Museum glass is SOOOO clear you cant even see it. And for 50-70 extra bux I think its worth it. I only ask cause Im confused as what to do with the next batch of posters I take to the frame shop...

This is correct- My framer has been in the industry for over 50 years and he told me the glass is fine, just keep it away from the elements, or directly exposed.
    Don't need to go to the extremes of the UV glass.
  • Options
    I have the preservation, its the most expensive option, it doesnt even look like there is glass. I dont know of its UV protection but all my posters are indoors :)

I have no concern for UV protection, just the clearest glass possible. Editing this to add the reflection control is what I aim for, I like the look of no apparent glass even with a light on them.
  • Options
    AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    edited December 2009
    t0mMye wrote:
    I have the preservation, its the most expensive option, it doesnt even look like there is glass. I dont know of its UV protection but all my posters are indoors :)

I have no concern for UV protection, just the clearest glass possible.

There we go. Thats the "Museum" type. There is 99% UV and its crystal clear and more expensive. Great choice! :mrgreen:
    Post edited by AtlantaJammer on
  • Options
    Apologies if I have the name wrong, its where I go...they call call it something different every 3 months :)
  • Options
    t0mMye wrote:
    Apologies if I have the name wrong, its where I go...they call call it something different every 3 months :)

Very good choice!
    I think that is the foggy one- You could only look through that type of glass when its pressed to the piece. Expensive and nice out come- Perfect for preventing glare!
  • Options
    I got my SLC poster back from the framer today but do not know how to post a picture in the thread. Can anyone help me out? Thanks.
  • Options
    DSC00129.jpg

pj.jpg

Just picked these up an hour ago :mrgreen:
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,982
    MR151287 wrote:
    I got my SLC poster back from the framer today but do not know how to post a picture in the thread. Can anyone help me out? Thanks.

Here's an example to help you out! :)

Got photobucket.com? It's free & private, if you want.
    Upload your photo. Either .jpeg, .gif, .bmp etc..
    Next screen you will see your pic with a few links underneath.
    Email & IM , Direct Link, HTML Code, IMG Code.
    Copy the Direct Link here.

For example:

http://i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp31 ... k09t10.jpg

Make sure the image is 480 high & 640 width.
    If your image is way to big, just hit edit on the link above the picture.
    Then click the resize button above. Choose any one you want.

With the link: http://i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp31 ... k09t10.jpg
    Paste it here on the board. Now to show that image, highlight the link then click the Img button above.
    That's it. It should give you this:

bk09t10.jpg

cheers! :)
  • Options
    These three posters cost me about 35 bucks a piece- very basic - glass and mat. What do you think?

poster.JPG

poster%20%285%29.JPG

poster%20%286%29.JPG
  • Options
    DSC00129.jpg

pj.jpg

I see why you spent so much for the framing- You got the goods-
    They came out very nice.
  • Options
    These two babies cost me a little over 100 a piece- These were done with the fine materials- No UV or Museum quality glass- Maybe not museum quality glass, but they sure do belong in the PJ Museum! ;)

Stupid%20Eddie.JPG

RollingStone.JPG
  • Options
    tonifig8 wrote:
    DSC00129.jpg

pj.jpg

I see why you spent so much for the framing- You got the goods-
    They came out very nice.

Thanks Tony. Allthough the pics dont do these ANY justice... For example, you cant see the red in either frame. Youd slap me if you knew how much I really spent on these frame jobs. $368 for sharky and $324 for Columbia. From now on I vow to not spend more than $200 on a frame job but Museum glass is anywhere from an extra $60-90. Cant get anything less IMO. cant even see the glass! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Anyone in the Atlanta area with recomendations of a frame shop?
  • Options
    Thanks for the info Demetrios. Here is my 09 SLC.

http://s879.photobucket.com/albums/ab35 ... 091434.jpg
  • Options
    MR151287 wrote:
    Thanks for the info Demetrios. Here is my 09 SLC.

http://s879.photobucket.com/albums/ab35 ... 091434.jpg

That may be the best looking SLC ve seen yet. Love it, Great job.
  • Options
    The picture quality is horrible, but thanks. I was really thrilled with the framing job. :D