Options

framed poster thread

Comments

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,963
    pdalowsky wrote:

Thats tremendous, congrats

whats that yield board you have?

1998 laminated tour poster, a laminated LOTL (inside) and laminated Given to fly single.
    I used a color printer. I was happy with that when I had no posters on my walls, but now......

like it a lot, looks great.
  • Options
    As requested, here is another .

http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff34 ... cRoom2.jpg

And if anyone has a benny to sell for super low price, let me know hahaha!
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,091

I'm crashing at your place after the next Montreal show :mrgreen:
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    Here are pic's of the 17 posters I have framed :)

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=7 ... =708662577
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    Check this out. I put this together to commemorate the '06 Irving show and the experience waiting in line for the ticket at Tower Records. Clive Davis showed up and he signed my 10C CD. I also included two of Jeff's picks that I got at the show, the promo poster from Tower, the free ticket to the show and the CD I bought to get it. Very happy with how it turned out. What do you guys think?

3927080151_5c3a1ff825.jpg
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,940
    october22 wrote:
    Check this out. I put this together to commemorate the '06 Irving show and the experience waiting in line for the ticket at Tower Records. Clive Davis showed up and he signed my 10C CD. I also included two of Jeff's picks that I got at the show, the promo poster from Tower, the free ticket to the show and the CD I bought to get it. Very happy with how it turned out. What do you guys think?

Nice!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    ccjackccjack Posts: 134
    locked wrote:
    love the simplicity of these!

Thank you!
    "Push me and I will resist"
  • Options
    PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 785
    october22 wrote:

Damn, that is f*ckin' SWEET
  • Options
    satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,138
    I just got my SBE poster (anyone know who the artist is) and my manchester poster framed, they look sweet
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    october22 wrote:

Damn, that is f*ckin' SWEET

Thanks! :-)
  • Options
    satansbed wrote:
    I just got my SBE poster (anyone know who the artist is) and my manchester poster framed, they look sweet

pics??
  • Options
    satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,138
    pdalowsky wrote:
    satansbed wrote:

pics??

im working on them, not sure how to work my digital camera
  • Options
    anybody done italy butterfly? I'm going to order a frame this weekend for it, thinking black frame, red mat
  • Options
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,940
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,224
    So Ace Frehley is signing at a local music store in a couple weeks, thinking about bringing my MSG 2 2008 poster to have him sign. You think this is dumb? He did play with them that night, just wondering has anyone seen anything like this before, having a guest from the show sign the poster??

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    aus_suz wrote:
    Very nice......
    Would love to see a close up of the wall that was kinda dark with the bookshelf..
    Have u got Benaroya??

I'll try to post a picture tonight. A lot of stuff there is Neil Young stuff and others.

And sadly, no Benaroya! I still have a hard time convincing myself on spending that much money on it. Maybe someday if I get a good price.

I would spend it at a drop of a hat if I could get it in Australia.
    Theres been a couple come up in EBAY but not when I had money spare...
    I had pc probs when it was up in the goods .....still regret I didnt get it..
    That would be cool about the pic.. :)
  • Options
    aus_suz wrote:
    Very nice......
    Would love to see a close up of the wall that was kinda dark with the bookshelf..
    Have u got Benaroya??

I'll try to post a picture tonight. A lot of stuff there is Neil Young stuff and others.

And sadly, no Benaroya! I still have a hard time convincing myself on spending that much money on it. Maybe someday if I get a good price.

Ahhhh that looks really cool thats what I need a lowline bookshelf.....
    Very nice..... :) and thanks for the 2nd pic..:)
  • Options
    anybody done italy butterfly? I'm going to order a frame this weekend for it, thinking black frame, red mat

here is mine, I did Italien flag frame in 3 colors.
    http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t149 ... Italia.jpg
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    Two ATwo A Posts: 51
    Awesome posters everybody, I am jealous. I have a few that need to be framed, but I have never framed anything before, so I think I will let a pro do it. The place I stopped into today suggested a hinged? design so the posters look like they are floating. She said it was all archival, so there would be no damage to the prints. ALso, UV glass and acid free backing. Estimated to be about $70 each. Is this a safe way to frame them, what is the hinge? IS that a fair price? Anybody know of a good place in Portland?

Thanks in advance.
  • Options

If you want to sell me that Toronto 98 tractor let me know!! And the MSG 98!! SOB, the 2 posters I want most out of the entire fleet! Great looking set up man!
  • Options
    Two A wrote:
    Awesome posters everybody, I am jealous. I have a few that need to be framed, but I have never framed anything before, so I think I will let a pro do it. The place I stopped into today suggested a hinged? design so the posters look like they are floating. She said it was all archival, so there would be no damage to the prints. ALso, UV glass and acid free backing. Estimated to be about $70 each. Is this a safe way to frame them, what is the hinge? IS that a fair price? Anybody know of a good place in Portland?

Thanks in advance.

$70!! I wish. I took my LA2 06 to the framer yesterday, $317!!!!! I'm sorry, I just don't trust Micheals. And yes, always go with the UV glass or this new museum glass my framer showed me. Same price as UV, just somehow clearer and still UV protectant.
  • Options
    Two ATwo A Posts: 51
    Two A wrote:

Thanks in advance.

$70!! I wish. I took my LA2 06 to the framer yesterday, $317!!!!! I'm sorry, I just don't trust Micheals. And yes, always go with the UV glass or this new museum glass my framer showed me. Same price as UV, just somehow clearer and still UV protectant.

Ok, so the price is good. What about the hinge? She made it sound like it would be attached to the back of the print, but she also said it would all be archival. Plus the glass would be spaced away from the print. Anybody know what the hinge actually is?

thanks again
  • Options
    Two A wrote:
    Two A wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Ok, so the price is good. What about the hinge? She made it sound like it would be attached to the back of the print, but she also said it would all be archival. Plus the glass would be spaced away from the print. Anybody know what the hinge actually is?

thanks again

Does this help at all?

http://www.expressobeans.com/wiki/index ... m_Mounting
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    Two A wrote:
    Two A wrote:

Thanks in advance.

thanks again

pm me with a link to this thread and post and i'll explain what hinging is. been framing for 21 years and own my on store.... on cell phone now s its too hard to type now to explain. pm me all your specific questions and ill post it publically the answers. bedtime now...
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,521
    arq wrote:
    awesome,congrats
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    I was wondeing if someone could do me a HUGE favour!

A while ago, I saw a beautifully framed 2006 Toronto Night 2 (Klausen with the dragons). The person had it framed with a black carved frame that matched the dragons. I told myself I'd frame mine that way if I ever got one, and now a friend got me one for my birthday, but for the life of me I can't find the image anymore (I've looked for two hours and am starting to feel discouraged...).

So if anyone knows whose poster it was, how I can find it, and can help me locate the picture, I would be forever thankful to them!
  • Options
    Hey everybody, I'm looking for a little help.

I picked up the Seattle Shawn Kemp Poster last week and now I don't know what I should do with it framing-wise. The green is just so...green. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
  • Options
    Dirty FrankkDirty Frankk Posts: 4,274
    dhutchis wrote:
    Hey everybody, I'm looking for a little help.

I picked up the Seattle Shawn Kemp Poster last week and now I don't know what I should do with it framing-wise. The green is just so...green. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

When it comes time to do a Shaw Kemp poster I will do a same frame as this one

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t149 ... ourne2.jpg

Green and yellow...you can't beat that ;) but I am not sure if you can find this frame, just IMO don't use any black on this print...too strong.

Good luck
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.