Options

I Got a TC Member Kicked out of the Ten Club Today

Comments

• Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    If this message board were a prison..you would have been shanked by now. (Just a joke) :D
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Cob wrote:
    . Nothing like trying to buy tickets on Ticketmaster when they sell out in 5 mins. and then Ticketmaster has a link that you can go to and buy them for 3 or 4 times more than face, the link looks like a ticket broker or another company, but guess what, it's OWNED by Ticketmaster.

I just think in there are bigger fish to fry with this whole ticket crap that is going on in the concert industry these days. My opinion is that most bands don't really care, they are getting their money either way.

finally, an intelligent statement
    You want to stop scalping? Go after TM, the auction sites and craigslist.

bands care, but with the lack of revenue from record sales, they need to tour (of course that is relative-how much is enough)

TM has the industry by the balls, and have for a long time.
  • Options
    GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    marcdmbfan wrote:
    Being broke, homeless, etc. is no excuse to scalp tickets. There are other ways to make a buck.
    please dude. just please. scalping tix in the grand scheme of things is a small, small issue. if all of us weren't such spoiled pearl jam brats this wouldn't be such a big deal. every show in the history of shows has had scalpers, it's part of this industry
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Options
    florence151florence151 Posts: 597
    Scalping was practiced by the ancient Scythians of Eurasia. Herodotus, the Greek historian, wrote of the Scythians in 440 BC: "The Scythian soldier scrapes the scalp clean of flesh and softening it by rubbing between the hands, uses it thenceforth as a napkin. The Scyth is proud of these scalps and hangs them from his bridle rein; the greater the number of such napkins that a man can show, the more highly is he esteemed among them. Many make themselves cloaks by sewing a quantity of these scalps together".
    Hold On
  • Options
    Scalping was practiced by the ancient Scythians of Eurasia. Herodotus, the Greek historian, wrote of the Scythians in 440 BC: "The Scythian soldier scrapes the scalp clean of flesh and softening it by rubbing between the hands, uses it thenceforth as a napkin. The Scyth is proud of these scalps and hangs them from his bridle rein; the greater the number of such napkins that a man can show, the more highly is he esteemed among them. Many make themselves cloaks by sewing a quantity of these scalps together".

Thanks for letting us know what Wiki says bout it ;)
  • Options
    elevation622elevation622 Posts: 926
    Nothing like some Wikipedia knowledge dropped on a debate. You're cut and paste skills are impressive!
    EDIT: just kidding!
  • Options
    momofglynnmomofglynn Posts: 849
    ajedigecko wrote:
    could you please bring some understanding to the phrase "My country has in more ways than one!" i only ask, due to the fact that this is a bold statement.

topic integrity quantifier : live and let live

It was a statement based from older postings in this thread. The statement that people have more loyality to TC then their own country. My statement was in the scheme of things I have never once been disappointed, not once with TC. Very happy relationship. So yes I am loyal to TC and I would too rat this bastard out. Honestly not the same warm cozy feeling with the US of A. Really not the forum to go off in. nor will I.
    Sorry. It was part joke, part truth but not meant for this thread.
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • Options
    florence151florence151 Posts: 597
    Nothing like some Wikipedia knowledge dropped on a debate. You're cut and paste skills are impressive!
    EDIT: just kidding!

Obviously I erred. I should have credited Wikipedia with a footnote. I hope this doesn't affect my grade.
    Hold On
  • Options
    marcPJfanmarcPJfan Austin, TX Posts: 802
    Gmoney wrote:
    please dude. just please. scalping tix in the grand scheme of things is a small, small issue. if all of us weren't such spoiled pearl jam brats this wouldn't be such a big deal. every show in the history of shows has had scalpers, it's part of this industry
    It's not a small issue to Pearl Jam. How many bands do you know will call all their fan club tickets to curb scalping?
    09/16/95, 09/16/96, 06/29/98, 07/02/98, 07/05/98, 09/08/98, 09/10/98, 09/11/98, 09/18/98, 09/19/98, 06/13/99, 10/30/99, 10/31/99, 05/29/00, 05/30/00, 10/14/00, 10/17/00, 10/18/00, 11/05/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/06/02, 04/05/03, 04/06/03, 06/09/03, 10/22/03, 09/24/04, 05/12/06, 05/13/06, 05/27/06, 05/28/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 06/11/08, 06/12/08, 08/01/08, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 10/04/09, 05/03/10, 05/04/10, 05/06/10, 05/07/10, 07/02/11, 09/03/11, 09/04/11, 10/23/11, 11/15/13, 11/16/13, 10/19/14, 10/25/14, 10/26/14, 11/28/15, 04/23/16, 08/05/16, 08/07/16, 09/09/17, 08/18/18, 09/02/18, 09/04/18, 10/01/21, 10/02/21, 05/06/22, 05/07/22, 05/12/22, 05/13/22, 08/31/23, 09/02/23, 09/13/23, 09/15/23, 09/18/23, 09/19/23
  • Options
    elevation622elevation622 Posts: 926
    Obviously I erred. I should have credited Wikipedia with a footnote. I hope this doesn't affect my grade.
    I'm just kidding!
  • Options
    momofglynnmomofglynn Posts: 849
    nice work callin em out on that sombody needed to.
    sorry to rain whatever parade.

don't think I need to be "call out" on anything however.
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • Options
    lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    distantsun wrote:
    everyone loves a witch hunt, it seems.

how is this a witch hunt? a witch hunt is going after something that does not exist.

and to all the people arguing that this is a waste of time because there are bigger injustices going on or that its not one member's place to report another's violation, I strongly disagree with both statements.

I think fans have to look out for each other, and the 10C as a whole. keeping scalpers out is a HUGE part of the reason the band tries to sell as many tickets as possible directly to its fans. if scalping were suddenly allowed or turned a blind eye to, the whole purpose would be destroyed.

and I wont even bother to argue how ridiculous the "waste of time because there are bigger injustices going on" argument is.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,178
    In my personal opinion, yeah, posters too.
    Any poster bought from a 10C sale ALWAYS has that "Not for resale" clause, doesn't it.

I bought a sub this year and when i was at MSG, the person who was with me said "You should pick up a poster and sell it on eBay. Imagine the money you could get for that!!" I'm sorry, but i think that kind of attitude sucks. I wouldn't try and rip a fellow fan off like that. That's being just as bad a Ninersfan.

I've been in that situation before where you missed out on tickets or didn't get a poster and you're left to pay some jerk on eBay a fuckton of cash. It sucks. If the fans stick together on these kind of issues, we can cut down on that kind of bullshit.

Oh, and jsut for the record, i recently i sold a Gorge II poster for $60. I paid $230 for it.

I'm sorry but I had to point out the hypocrasy of this post. You tell fans to stick together on this issue and not buy from scalpers in an attempt to stop them; yet you paid $230 for a poster that had a sticker tag of $25?????????

Explain the difference
  • Options
    Gmoney wrote:

That's not very realistic.

And when it comes to going to a concert, scalping isn't such a small issue. Sure, when looking at life as a whole, scalping isn't anything to worry about. But we're not doing that. We're looking at it from a band message board. So obviously we're looking at it as people who attend multiple concerts on a regular basis.
  • Options
    I'm sorry but I had to point out the hypocrasy of this post. You tell fans to stick together on this issue and not buy from scalpers in an attempt to stop them; yet you paid $230 for a poster that had a sticker tag of $25?????????

Explain the difference

I wondered if someone would catch that ;)

There is no difference. That was in '06. It was the first time i had been totally shut out of getting a poster at a venue. I was an idiot and made a mistake. At the time, all i could think about was NEEEEDING that poster....and since then, i've realized that not buying from scalpers is the only way to cut down on scalping.
  • Options
    BizGirlVABizGirlVA Posts: 17
    Are you serious? It seems like most people here have more loyalty towards ten club then this own country. Get a grip.

Um who said ANYTHING about loyalty towards one's own country. And WTF does that have to do with tickets/scalping/TC?

Someone please expalin?
    VIRGINIA BEACH, VA - 9/07/98, COLUMBIA, MD - 9/18/98, VIRGINIA BEACH, VA - 8/03/00, RALEIGH, NC - 4/15/03, WASH DC - 7/01/03, CAMDEN, NJ - 5/28/06,VIRGINIA BEACH, VA - 6/17/08,EV SOLO TOUR, DC - 8/17/08, PHILLY, PA - 10/31/09, BRISTOW, VA - 5/13/10
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    nocode4 wrote:
    Dirty narc
    Did you at least give forewarning? Did you say, 'hey you should remove this or I'll take action'?
    Who gives you the right? You don't work for the 10C. This guy is a dbag- 100%- but I don't think you should go crawl to the 10C. What's more, you're proud of it!
    Shame on you

Lame, lame, lame, lame, lame
    Even though I disagree with what this guy did, I still feel pretty bad for him losing his membership. Remind me to not to cross the line at anytime, because the pit narcs are out in full force. What baffles me is the fact its the new members with the high numbers snitching everyone out just for a change at a lower number? What happened to letting another fan know how you feel about their wrongdoings instead of the gestapo taking action?!?!!
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    BizGirlVABizGirlVA Posts: 17
    BizGirlVA wrote:
    Um who said ANYTHING about loyalty towards one's own country. And WTF does that have to do with tickets/scalping/TC?

Someone please expalin?

Seems you're the one who needs to 'get a grip' on point of this entire thread.
    VIRGINIA BEACH, VA - 9/07/98, COLUMBIA, MD - 9/18/98, VIRGINIA BEACH, VA - 8/03/00, RALEIGH, NC - 4/15/03, WASH DC - 7/01/03, CAMDEN, NJ - 5/28/06,VIRGINIA BEACH, VA - 6/17/08,EV SOLO TOUR, DC - 8/17/08, PHILLY, PA - 10/31/09, BRISTOW, VA - 5/13/10
  • Options
    yahamita wrote:
    Even though I disagree with what this guy did, I still feel pretty bad for him losing his membership. Remind me to not to cross the line at anytime, because the pit narcs are out in full force. What baffles me is the fact its the new members with the high numbers snitching everyone out just for a change at a lower number? What happened to letting another fan know how you feel about their wrongdoings instead of the gestapo taking action?!?!!

I seriously doubt they did it for better seats. More likely they had been shut out of a show this tour of before and was upset and pissed off that someone obtained tickets only to resell them above face so they took action. The better seats comment was probably sarcasm.
  • Options
    polarispolaris Posts: 3,527
    interesting thread ...

i still don't get this old school code of ethics "don't rat out / narc" business ... i thought that kind of stuff died out in high school ...

there are rules - it's simple, break the rules and face the consequences ... this dude knew exactly what was at risk and chose to do it ... i'm all for rule-breaking just as long as you are prepared to accept the results ...

he can easily join the fan club again - he'll just have a high number now ... he made his choice ...

edit: i don't agree with posting personal info about the guy tho
  • Options
    PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,014
    but what stops him from rejoining? tc tickets are better than those open to the public. so he'll not have as good of seats to scalp, but they will still be better than normal ticketmaster tickets, and the amount of tickets available to us will still be the same. so now instead of a dude with 13 years stealing tickets to gain profit, he will have 1 year stealing tickets and selling for profit.

either way some of us wont get tickets and it wont matter to us if the dude is in the club for 20 years, 10, or 2 weeks.
  • Options
    ashtrayrockashtrayrock Posts: 167
    Get_Right wrote:
    not pro scalper at all
    anti snitch
    why does it matter to you what some guy does with his tix?
    Yeah be pissed, ok. Did you call the police too? Its probably illegal to resell them for that price in Mass. Why just tell the 10C?

Sorry, I know the rules, they were broken. It happens all the time.

But I dont agree that people should go running to the 10c and deliberately getting someones personal informtion for the sole purpose of getting their membership revoked.

Send the 10C an email and be done with it. No need for starting threads or public flogging.

bingo!
    For Those About To Rock !

Art changes people. People change the world.
  • Options
    but what stops him from rejoining? tc tickets are better than those open to the public. so he'll not have as good of seats to scalp, but they will still be better than normal ticketmaster tickets, and the amount of tickets available to us will still be the same. so now instead of a dude with 13 years stealing tickets to gain profit, he will have 1 year stealing tickets and selling for profit.

either way some of us wont get tickets and it wont matter to us if the dude is in the club for 20 years, 10, or 2 weeks.

Yea, but he won't be able to charge as much for 400,XXX+ tickets than his previous ones. Atleast not for the PJ shows, apparently seniority isn't applied to the EV shows. And who knows, maybe he'll do us a favor and won't rejoin and we would get more tickets. If we get lucky.
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    distantsun wrote:
    everyone loves a witch hunt, it seems.
    ha... you sound like joe paterno
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    Ugh
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Options
    chromiam wrote:
    Do these same rules apply to posters too, or is it just tickets???
    Because there are plenty of 10C purchased posters floating around here for cost or trade well above their original purchase price.

Just wondering....
    theres very rarely a way to tell if the posters being flipped were originally bought through 10C... only 10C posters stipulate that theyre not for resale... so unless the seller comes out and says that (AKA is a dumbass like mark) they arent really blatantly breaking any rules... just taking advantage of the market... though i dont condone that either... bad for the fans

thats my take on posters vs. tickets

• Options
    pj.uw.laurapj.uw.laura Posts: 553
    Does anybody else think this guy was only in the 10C to scalp? I'm guessing he doesn't even listen to PJ and waits for these opportunities to take advantage of PJ's loyal fan base. He jumped on the train a long time ago and has gotten a lot of money in the last 13 years. Do we have a choice whether to spend that much for tickets? Absolutely. But I think that's why he was in the 10C in the first place- to use that loyalty and make a few (hundred) bucks whenever these opportunities for scalping come up. I doubt it's because he actually respects and likes the band. Just my opinion.
  • Options
    simpleman wrote:
    If I got shut out of the TC tix and purchased some on Craigs List for $600...should I be kicked out of the club???
    this is a part of the problem... do 10Clubbers really have that much of a flexible income that they welcome scalpers as an additional outlet for overpriced tickets rather than seeing that theyre the reason face value tickets are so hard to get in the first place?? QUIT DEFENDING THIS PRACTICE!

• Options
    binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    And I thought I had the boring life............