Options

I Got a TC Member Kicked out of the Ten Club Today

Comments

• Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    simpleman wrote:
    If I got shut out of the TC tix and purchased some on Craigs List for $600...should I be kicked out of the club???

Some of you are really fucked up!!

I've done alot of shitty things in my life, but never narc'd anyone out!!!

Live your own lives, and if moving 2 seats sideways is important to you, than you need to find a life!!!

Sorry for the anger, but this thread made me throw up my bran muffin...
    And that is not where the bran muffin should be coming out. :eek:
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    BeerBaron wrote:
    I am shocked at the number of people who are making excuses for this guy.

While I can agree with the comments that this thread is a little unnecessary and perhaps it would have been better to just keep it to himself rather than proclaiming to everyone that he got this guy booted, it still doesn't excuse the guy from scalping his 10C EV tickets for $600.

Yes, it is the 10Cs job to "police" this kind of stuff, but what's so wrong with giving them a little help from time to time given their limited resources?

It is against 10C policy to resell tickets above face value. Period. The guy deserves to get the boot from the 10C.
    I wasn't making an excuse for the guy, I was noting that the pompousness of the OP is really nothing to be proud of.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    smokenatreesmokenatree Posts: 100
    I am totally against scalping tickets. However, I have seen many ten club members scalping the 25 dollar posters for 250 dollars outside many venues most recently at msg 1 and 2. How does everyone feel about this?? It seems that many people buy the posters just to scalp them. I think they should raise the price of posters to at least 100 bucks and maybe this will work. THe poster scalping of ten club members is what f_____ng bothers me the most! Just my opinion!
  • Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,330
    BeerBaron wrote:
    I am shocked at the number of people who are making excuses for this guy.

While I can agree with the comments that this thread is a little unnecessary and perhaps it would have been better to just keep it to himself rather than proclaiming to everyone that he got this guy booted, it still doesn't excuse the guy from scalping his 10C EV tickets for $600.

Yes, it is the 10Cs job to "police" this kind of stuff, but what's so wrong with giving them a little help from time to time given their limited resources?

It is against 10C policy to resell tickets above face value. Period. The guy deserves to get the boot from the 10C.

Can anyone confirm that the guy was truly kicked out? No. From what I've read, it was only the seller himself said that he was busted.

If I tried to make a profit off of 10C tickets and was called out like he was, I would (without a doubt) say that I was busted (even if I wasn't) just to shut everyone up and get everyone off my back.

Also, if the guy -really- knew that his actions were illegal, why in the hell would he tell someone his real member number?

I bet he wasn't really kicked out....
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    let me see if i can do a good SPEEDY impression..................

did you call and tell the guys mommy on him too?????

you have no fucking idea what the guy was going to do with the fucking money he got for those tickets....

for all you know he was using the money to feed his family.....or put clothes on his childrens back....

but you decided to be MR. POLICEMAN and get this guy thrown out of the 10club????

maybe next time you just mind your own fucking business and quit acting like a fucking 4 year old...........

Perfect.... and I agree that it is times like this that I miss Speedy. Too many holier than thou people running around without having their halos shot down on a daily basis now that Speedy isn't around.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    BizGirlVABizGirlVA Posts: 17
    What's with all this shit about "did you give a warning?"

Dude here's your warning...in plain English on the Ten Club website. "Reselling Ten Club tickets for above face value will result in the revocation of all future ticket privileges." And if TC decided to boot him out all together...well they must have sufficient reasons for doing so.

I've been in the ten club for 10 years, my number is relatively low, not a low as this Marc(k)'s but I say THANK YOU to those who alerted TC and for bringing him down. And for bumping me up a seat or two.

The thing about this tour is that the tickets were SO hard to come by and to see that someone is out there blatantly charging a ridiculous price for the tickets is like a slap in the face to those who got shut out of TC sales and Ticketmaster sales.

Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time.
    VIRGINIA BEACH, VA - 9/07/98, COLUMBIA, MD - 9/18/98, VIRGINIA BEACH, VA - 8/03/00, RALEIGH, NC - 4/15/03, WASH DC - 7/01/03, CAMDEN, NJ - 5/28/06,VIRGINIA BEACH, VA - 6/17/08,EV SOLO TOUR, DC - 8/17/08, PHILLY, PA - 10/31/09, BRISTOW, VA - 5/13/10
  • Options
    simplemansimpleman Posts: 425
    chromiam wrote:
    Perfect.... and I agree that it is times like this that I miss Speedy. Too many holier than thou people running around without having their halos shot down on a daily basis now that Speedy isn't around.
    the only thing that impression was missing was.......

heheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheeh
    " Jump from a cliff to fly, not to fall..."
  • Options

you have no fucking idea what the guy was going to do with the fucking money he got for those tickets....

for all you know he was using the money to feed his family.....or put clothes on his childrens back....

but you decided to be MR. POLICEMAN and get this guy thrown out of the 10club????

maybe next time you just mind your own fucking business and quit acting like a fucking 4 year old...........
    free at last
    free at last.........

thank god almighty.....

i am free at last...........
    "Those who dance are called insane by those who don't hear the music." EV
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045

You know....If you would have said "FUCK CINCY" in there somewhere or made a "FLIPPER" reference, I would have thought you WERE Speedy!! ;)

As for this thread....All I will say is WOW to some of what I have read....And for the first time maybe in the history of ME, I am not going to give my thoughts either way....Peace love and PJ folks!! :)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    20Ram2020Ram20 Posts: 3

Several people have mentioned that he could have been using the scalping money to feed or clothe his family... If so, maybe he shouldn't have been spending money on a fan club membership every year for 13 years? It's only $20 a year, but if you're that hard up for money...
  • Options
    20Ram20 wrote:
    Several people have mentioned that he could have been using the scalping money to feed or clothe his family... If so, maybe he shouldn't have been spending money on a fan club membership every year for 13 years? It's only $20 a year, but if you're that hard up for money...
    welcome to the board.......
  • Options
    20Ram2020Ram20 Posts: 3
    welcome to the board.......

Thanks. Long time reader, first time poster...
  • Options
    20Ram20 wrote:
    Thanks. Long time reader, first time poster...
    enjoy the ride...........
  • Options
    "If you wait, a rat will always lead you to its hole."
  • Options
    scw156scw156 Posts: 442
    Guy got what he deserved. He broke the rules of the club... now he suffers the consequences.

He deserves it MOSTLY for his sheer stupidity. He knew he was breaking club rules, so he posted them on a website where thousands of people can see it then gave out his personal information.... for that alone he should be kicked.

dumbass
    The Sentence Below Is True
    The Sentence Above Is False
  • Options
    Seriously? I can't believe this thread has caused such outrage.

I have NO DOUBT in my mind that if the people who are calling the OP a rat/narc/tattle-tale were shut out of the show in question, they'd be singing a different tune.

Dude was scalping tickets. Tickets that when purchsed, have rules not to resell. I don't get what the issue is. And i certainly don't care what he was going to do with the money.

Maybe i sound like i'm on my "highhorse"....oh well. You break the rules, you get booted out.
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    Seriously? I can't believe this thread has caused such outrage.

I have NO DOUBT in my mind that if the people who are calling the OP a rat/narc/tattle-tale were shut out of the show in question, they'd be singing a different tune.

Dude was scalping tickets. Tickets that when purchsed, have rules not to resell. I don't get what the issue is. And i certainly don't care what he was going to do with the money.

Maybe i sound like i'm on my "highhorse"....oh well. You break the rules, you get booted out.

Do these same rules apply to posters too, or is it just tickets???
    Because there are plenty of 10C purchased posters floating around here for cost or trade well above their original purchase price.

Just wondering....
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    I haven't had time to read through all of the replies, but I have to say I am VERY suprised how many pro-scalpers are on this forum. I guess it shouldn't suprise me; afterall if you search "Pearl Jam" on EBay you'll likely see a thousand items for sale. So I guess it's safe to say that half of the EBay sellers selling PJ items likely read or write on this forum.

That said, I have never done this before. I'm not going to search out a guy selling posters, or someone buying Ticketmaster tickets, but you know many fans were pissed of they didn't get EV tix? Well LOTS! I tried my hardest getting VIC tix last year, and was unsucessful; then only to see people selling their single for $1000 on Ebay, Craigslist.

I didn't post this for anyone to praise me. I posted it to put a grin on faces who got shut out of EV tix, and hopefully put a scare into those thinking of selling their fan club seats.

I had an extra pair of to Boston tickets last month. I could have probably sold the pair for $300, but instead I walked up to a random fan in line waiting for released tickets, and put a smile on his face. Why should I sell for face while others make 3.5 times the amount selling EV tix? I also had an extra pair of EV tix, which I am also selling for face value.

Do I feel sorry for the guy who has been in the TC for 13 years? Yes I feel sorry for how dumb he is, but not sorry he got his membership taken away.

Do you really think it was his first time, and that he should have only got a warning? Think again...
  • Options
    BizGirlVABizGirlVA Posts: 17
    chromiam wrote:
    Because there are plenty of 10C purchased posters floating around here for cost or trade well above their original purchase price.

Just wondering....

Who cares about posters? I mean some people really care about them and some do not. I personally have some posters and love them, but I wouldn't be upset of someone wants to make a little bit of profit on them.

Tickets are not the same as posters.
    VIRGINIA BEACH, VA - 9/07/98, COLUMBIA, MD - 9/18/98, VIRGINIA BEACH, VA - 8/03/00, RALEIGH, NC - 4/15/03, WASH DC - 7/01/03, CAMDEN, NJ - 5/28/06,VIRGINIA BEACH, VA - 6/17/08,EV SOLO TOUR, DC - 8/17/08, PHILLY, PA - 10/31/09, BRISTOW, VA - 5/13/10
  • Options
    Did the guy actually break the rules by selling the tickets or did he just post an add trying to sell them?
    If he was booted for posting the add then I agree he has broken the rule of "attempting to sell above face value" if it is such a rule.

A previous post compares it too attempted murder which is a crime but I dont think attempting to sell above face is against the rules.

As for its Bush's fault, it certainly is not but it is his fault that he continues to buy oil reserves for the US Naval Reserve driving up demand instead of selling the reserves forcing speculators to dump their positions in turn reducing the price per barrell as his father (a single-term do nothing president) did during Iraq I. Exxon-mobile $11.86b profit most in US firm history.
  • Options
    chromiam wrote:

Just wondering....

In my personal opinion, yeah, posters too.
    Any poster bought from a 10C sale ALWAYS has that "Not for resale" clause, doesn't it.

I bought a sub this year and when i was at MSG, the person who was with me said "You should pick up a poster and sell it on eBay. Imagine the money you could get for that!!" I'm sorry, but i think that kind of attitude sucks. I wouldn't try and rip a fellow fan off like that. That's being just as bad a Ninersfan.

I've been in that situation before where you missed out on tickets or didn't get a poster and you're left to pay some jerk on eBay a fuckton of cash. It sucks. If the fans stick together on these kind of issues, we can cut down on that kind of bullshit.

Oh, and jsut for the record, i recently i sold a Gorge II poster for $60. I paid $230 for it.
  • Options
    SpreadtheJAMSpreadtheJAM Posts: 344
    Youre a fucking loser. Lighten up. does all this bullshit really worry you that much. get a life.
    BORGATA>VIC
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    chromiam wrote:

Just wondering....

you already know the answer to that, as does everyone. there are NO rules regarding poster, b/c posters are NOT a privilege of 10c membership, ANYone can buy a poster at a show, and thus is free to resell at whatever price the market will bear. the only time one is not supposed to resell is when a member buys a poster direct from the 10c in which it states 'not for resale'...although NO consequences are listed whatsoever, again, b/c it would be impossible for 10c to know if you got the poster at a show, through a trade, bought it on the secondary market or bought it through the 10c.

basically, apples and oranges there.
    i do know for whatever reason many people take issue with the poster collectors, and sure, perhaps there are mny who do so purely for profit, but i'd guess the vast majority do so for the art, the memories, associated with said art.

that said, whoever this 10clubber is, absolutely deserved the boot. it is CLEARLY stated 10c tickets are NOT to be resold except for face value. starting a thread about it, sure, not exactly in the best of taste.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,831
    Nothing to do with being a "pro-scalper" there, bud. But that the fact of the sleeze to look for praise by making a thread about how awesome you are is just as bad as the dude scalping the tix. Like I said before - I mean if not this dude reporting him, I mean, what would we have done???? Stupidity would be just as much to buy these tix for $600 as it is to put your info on craig's list. To each their own - remember that. I don't need some fucking hero.
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    Youre a fucking loser. Lighten up. does all this bullshit really worry you that much. get a life.

Speaking of "Lightening up"...Practice what you preach, my friend....:)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    Im not pro-scalper Im pro follow the rules. Im pro break the rules and suffer the consequences. My issue is what rule did the guy break???

Speaking of scalpers.. I need two tickets to Sundays Red Sox A's game, anyone?
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    scw156 wrote:
    Guy got what he deserved. He broke the rules of the club... now he suffers the consequences.

He deserves it MOSTLY for his sheer stupidity. He knew he was breaking club rules, so he posted them on a website where thousands of people can see it then gave out his personal information.... for that alone he should be kicked.

dumbass
    i agree that the person received the due consequence....he broke the rules.

however, i have read many times in other topics about a concept of "live and let live"...does that apply here????? or does it not.....because it is pearl jam and somehow you are benefitting from the outcome. the individual was obviously not hurting anyone.

broke the rules, yes.
    caused harm to anyone.....none.

now help me with the concept of "live and let live"????
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Attempting to sell and the completion of a transaction is the same thing. Either way he's looking to profit off of the TC, which is against the rules.

I believe the TC goes on INTENT.
  • Options
    SpreadtheJAMSpreadtheJAM Posts: 344
    Let ten club take action then. If they see it fine. no need to have these brownie cops searching and snitching on what other members are doing.
    BORGATA>VIC
  • Options
    Red Lukin wrote:
    Attempting to sell and the completion of a transaction is the same thing. Either way he's looking to profit off of the TC, which is against the rules.

I believe the TC goes on INTENT.

If that is the case, "solicitation" then make an example of him and hopefully it will discourage it in the future. I have no problem with a thread such as this, I look at it as awareness, more then tootin your own horn.

ps.RL you shouldn't have posted his personal info thou, I know some lurkers that got his number and text'd the shiz outta him.