Options

I Got a TC Member Kicked out of the Ten Club Today

Comments

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,831
    Let ten club take action then. If they see it fine. no need to have these brownie cops searching and snitching on what other members are doing.

THANK YOU!
  • Options
    nadja_veddernadja_vedder Posts: 291
    Finally someone did something about this issue!!!
    "makes much more sense, to live in the present tense"
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    ajedigecko wrote:
    i agree that the person received the due consequence....he broke the rules.

however, i have read many times in other topics about a concept of "live and let live"...does that apply here????? or does it not.....because it is pearl jam and somehow you are benefitting from the outcome. the individual was obviously not hurting anyone.

broke the rules, yes.
    caused harm to anyone.....none.

now help me with the concept of "live and let live"????
    surely......some of you that hold the phrase "live and let live" have an intelligent response to this.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    No one is pro-scalper....just anti-rat.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    PearlJen401PearlJen401 Posts: 233
    if no action was taken to get this 10c scalper booted, and this kept going on, don't you think one day maybe 10c club would say"hey, lets not sell tickets thru the fan club to our fans and give them the best possible seats, screw it." who'd be bitching then?

Props for letting 10c know RedLukin. And I don't see that you were trying to get praise here. Just excited to tell of what happened. Just as in everyday life when people do a good deed, they probably tell their friends. We are u'r 10c friends and you were sharing.
    “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
    — Lao Tzu
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    Let ten club take action then. If they see it fine. no need to have these brownie cops searching and snitching on what other members are doing.

And you critiquing or policing his personal preference on how he handled it is different how? Hello Pot, my name is Kettle, nice to meet you....;)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    ajedigecko wrote:
    surely......some of you that hold the phrase "live and let live" have an intelligent response to this.

It applies to those who practice that theory, yes. Some people have a different take or reaction. What difference does it really make?

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    BizGirlVABizGirlVA Posts: 17

Who did the searching and snitching?

Someone saw something that was clearly wrong and let their fellow club members know about. Someone else decided to stand up for the club as a whole and let the folks in charge know about it.

Do you really think if it wasn't a big deal they would have blown it off? Because he got booted leads me to believe they had sufficient reason so boot all together rather than just suspending ticket perks.
    VIRGINIA BEACH, VA - 9/07/98, COLUMBIA, MD - 9/18/98, VIRGINIA BEACH, VA - 8/03/00, RALEIGH, NC - 4/15/03, WASH DC - 7/01/03, CAMDEN, NJ - 5/28/06,VIRGINIA BEACH, VA - 6/17/08,EV SOLO TOUR, DC - 8/17/08, PHILLY, PA - 10/31/09, BRISTOW, VA - 5/13/10
  • Options
    ajedigecko wrote:

Yeah, live and let live. I don't care what you do as long as it doesn't harm me. I was shut out of EVERY SINGLE EV show. Therefore, i'm affected and quite pissed off that this asshole got tickets and was blatently breaking 10c rules by scalping them.
  • Options
    It applies to those who practice that theory, yes. Some people have a different take or reaction. What difference does it really make?
    i agree...i just want to read someone's opinion who holds the "live and let live" cliche'

as for what difference does it really make.........none, because unless you somehow eliminate several hundred memberships....moving up 2 places does not really make a difference.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,500
    Red Lukin wrote:
    I haven't had time to read through all of the replies, but I have to say I am VERY suprised how many pro-scalpers are on this forum. I guess it shouldn't suprise me; afterall if you search "Pearl Jam" on EBay you'll likely see a thousand items for sale. So I guess it's safe to say that half of the EBay sellers selling PJ items likely read or write on this forum.

not pro scalper at all
    anti snitch
    why does it matter to you what some guy does with his tix?
    Yeah be pissed, ok. Did you call the police too? Its probably illegal to resell them for that price in Mass. Why just tell the 10C?

Sorry, I know the rules, they were broken. It happens all the time.

But I dont agree that people should go running to the 10c and deliberately getting someones personal informtion for the sole purpose of getting their membership revoked.

Send the 10C an email and be done with it. No need for starting threads or public flogging.
  • Options
    Thank You!!....To the above thread.
  • Options
    SpreadtheJAMSpreadtheJAM Posts: 344
    And you critiquing or policing his personal preference on how he handled it is different how? Hello Pot, my name is Kettle, nice to meet you....;)

That makes absolutely no sense. no comparison can be drawn there. Ill give you an example for all you pot heads.
    Youre smoking weed in your backyard minding your own business. then all over a sudden your nosey neighbor peeks his head out, smells weed, and calls the cops and you get a summons.

You said it best yourself critiquing, that is not the same as policing.
    BORGATA>VIC
  • Options
    Yeah, live and let live. I don't care what you do as long as it doesn't harm me. I was shut out of EVERY SINGLE EV show. Therefore, i'm affected and quite pissed off that this asshole got tickets and was blatently breaking 10c rules by scalping them.
    are you saying that you were "harmed" by being shut out of a music show?
  • Options
    ajedigecko wrote:
    i agree...i just want to read someone's opinion who holds the "live and let live" cliche'

as for what difference does it really make.........none, because unless you somehow eliminate several hundred memberships....moving up 2 places does not really make a difference.

But you already know what someone that has that "live and lt live" opinion will say? Kind of one sided in that respect. imho

As for the latter part...I am SURE that ANY "moving up 2 places" reference made here was and is meant as tounge in cheek. Dont think that was the point of what happened in anyway shape or form.....:)

• Options
    BizGirlVA wrote:
    Who did the searching and snitching?

Someone saw something that was clearly wrong and let their fellow club members know about. Someone else decided to stand up for the club as a whole
    D

Are you serious? It seems like most people here have more loyalty towards ten club then this own country. Get a grip.
    BORGATA>VIC
  • Options
    elevation622elevation622 Posts: 926
    its getting a little creepy around here. I don't condone that guy's actions but i feel a little weird about somebody snitching on him, getting him kicked out and then logging on and starting a thread about it. I don't think that's totally right either.
  • Options
    But you already know what someone that has that "live and lt live" opinion will say? Kind of one sided in that respect. imho

As for the latter part...I am SURE that ANY "moving up 2 places" reference made here was and is meant as tounge in cheek. Dont think that was the point of what happened in anyway shape or form.....:)
    your statement is understandable.

live and let live only holds true.....if the person holding it.....is the beneficiary.

i got it........thank you.
  • Options
    ajedigecko wrote:
    are you saying that you were "harmed" by being shut out of a music show?

That exactly what i'm saying. :rolleyes:

What i'm saying is it's sad how fast some people are willing to screw over a fellow fan all in the name of the almighty dollar.
  • Options
    swardsward Posts: 586
    Man..there isn't any agree to disagree in this post! I like it.

I see both sides to a point, but my concern is that simply letting the guy know that you are on to him and may report him isn't likely to stop him from doing what he's doing. So what's left? Ignoring it, or reporting it..and I think to ignore it is wrong. Now...with all that said....this information is plainly in view for anyone to see and that includes 10C staff. Personally, I think if they are going to have this policy, then they better start policing it.
  • Options
    its getting a little creepy around here. I don't condone that guy's actions but i feel a little weird about somebody snitching on him, getting him kicked out and then logging on and starting a thread about it. I don't think that's totally right either.

This is exactly what I've been saying.....Oh, and by the way, if I do something that I consider a good deed or the like I don't go telling my friends....You should do something just because you think it's right and don't have to feel a need to tell anybody...This not included though, of course...Actually, for the sake of this thread, he probably should have kept it to himself.
  • Options

exactly. like the guy did it just to brag about it and prove something to the "pit".
    BORGATA>VIC
  • Options
    momofglynnmomofglynn Posts: 849
    marcdmbfan wrote:
    Being broke, homeless, etc. is no excuse to scalp tickets. There are other ways to make a buck.

How about not buying them at all. That would be a way not to rack up the credit card bill. 2 tickets came out to be what $180 or something crazy like that. I went to 3 PJ shows and my budget just can not allow me to attend these shows. It's just the way it is.
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • Options
    momofglynnmomofglynn Posts: 849
    Are you serious? It seems like most people here have more loyalty towards ten club then this own country. Get a grip.

Again going back to it being Bush's fault!!!....Ten club has never let me down. My country has in more ways than one!

this thread is funny
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • Options
    momofglynn wrote:
    Again going back to it being Bush's fault!!!....Ten club has never let me down. My country has in more ways than one!

this thread is funny

Okay. the gloves are about to come off. dont even get this whole thing started.
    BORGATA>VIC
  • Options
    momofglynn wrote:

this thread is funny
    could you please bring some understanding to the phrase "My country has in more ways than one!" i only ask, due to the fact that this is a bold statement.

topic integrity quantifier : live and let live
  • Options
    distantsundistantsun Posts: 265
    everyone loves a witch hunt, it seems.
    this post has been approved by grace6697.
  • Options
    CobCob Posts: 857
    sgossard3 wrote:
    pearl jam would disagree... and theyve battle scum like this guy their entire career to keep prices down for fans... glad to see that mentality has carried over to their fanbase... theres no reason to "get on with our lives" when theres a quick fix to put scalpers out of commission... theres plenty of scalper that get away with this shit all the time... this guy was stupid enough to give too much information and he got caught... end of story... people dont go out of their way to catch people... this one was easy

First of all I've been a fan from DAY ONE and I don't agree with someone selling a ticket for $300.00 each, the quick fix to put scalpers out of commission is to not buy their tickets. I guess when I talked to the guy at Lolla last year that sold his ticket, yes ONE ticket to the Vic for $1,000, I should have asked him what his full name was and turned him in.

Well that's something I wouldn't do, yes I agree that it's wrong, I just don't feel it's my place to turn someone in, that's just my opinion. If Pearl Jam really spent their career trying to battle scum, then they should go after Ticketmaster again. Nothing like trying to buy tickets on Ticketmaster when they sell out in 5 mins. and then Ticketmaster has a link that you can go to and buy them for 3 or 4 times more than face, the link looks like a ticket broker or another company, but guess what, it's OWNED by Ticketmaster, that's WORSE than a scalper to me.

Something should also be done about that, when is any band going to stand up against that and the insane service fees charged that are reaching upwards of $20.00 these days, oh you want to print your tickets at home on your own printer, that's another $3.00 a ticket.

Yes the guy was wrong for trying to sell these tickets, he more than likely got what he deserved so I agree with all that and I'm not pro scalper, I just think in the big picture, there are bigger fish to fry with this whole ticket crap that is going on in the concert industry these days. My opinion is that most bands don't really care, they are getting their money either way.
    [img][/img]9/5/92, 11/20/93, 3/14,15/94, 9/16/95, 10/14,15/2000
    4/5,6/9/2003, 9/1/05, 12/7/2005, 7/15,16,18/2006, 8/5/2007
    6/24,25/08,6/27/08,6/28/08,6/30/08
    9/21,22/2009, 10/4/2009
    5/6,7,9/2010, 9/3/2011 9/4/2011, 11/15/2013,
    11/16/2013, 12/8/2013, 10/5/2014, 10/12/2014,
    4/23, 5/10, 5/12, 8/20, 8/22 2016,
    8/8, 8/10, 8/18, 8/20 2018, 5/12, 5/13, 9/20 2022

• Options
    ajedigecko wrote:
    could you please bring some understanding to the phrase "My country has in more ways than one!" i only ask, due to the fact that this is a bold statement.

topic integrity quantifier : live and let live

nice work callin em out on that sombody needed to.
    BORGATA>VIC
  • Options
    That exactly what i'm saying. :rolleyes:

What i'm saying is it's sad how fast some people are willing to screw over a fellow fan all in the name of the almighty dollar.
    again...i agree with you....it is sad to see a person screw over another person for any personal gain.

almighty dollar..........maybe almighty euro.