Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,587
edited May 2008 in The Porch
Just a heads up for you "die-hards" ;)

Item Number: 130221804412
I will swallow poison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    5000 bucks? even for this thing, you're on acid....

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
    yeah, this auction is weird. when i search it by item number it comes up, but then when i click on "view sellers other auctions" it's not listed under the seller's own auctions. says he has zero items on ebay. is this on ebay europe or something?

• Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,587
    dangerboy wrote:
    yeah, this auction is weird. when i search it by item number it comes up, but then when i click on "view sellers other auctions" it's not listed under the seller's own auctions. says he has zero items on ebay. is this on ebay europe or something?

it usually takes hours after posting before ebay's search index updates.
    I will swallow poison
    Niko80 wrote:
    it usually takes hours after posting before ebay's search index updates.

in regular searches for keywords, yes. but as soon as i list an item, i can see it under my "other auctions" list...

SOLAT319 wrote:
    Is that what he's asking for it? LOL!!! :-P

yes, and as the owner of one, in a way i hope he sells it for that.

still think he's tripping, though

• restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    im gonna be watching this closely thanks, ive never seen one up before.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    HAHAHA...WOW!! The $75 I spent on mine looks better and better each time one of these surfaces! :D Wonder what his reserve is? This will be interesting to see how high he set the bar. I should ask for a portion of the take since he is using the article with my name in it! ;)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    I would not be surprised to see this get into the thousands. I am sure his reserve is at least 1k. How much would it take to sell yours pjtradeking?
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    5k is a little rich for my blood, especially with a 13 show PJ tour booked for next month. But, no harm in following the progress . I may place a bid or two at a more reasonable level.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    im gonna be watching this closely thanks, ive never seen one up before.
    same here....I don't think I've ever seen one up for bids.
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,040
    last one sold on ebay was 18 months ago - 1500 bucks...

this reserve is higher than that....

Offers are in the bag at over $2500 so its time to find the deep pockets....

Fuck - sad to say itas out of my league.....one day I keep telling myself.
    PJ_Lukin wrote:
    I would not be surprised to see this get into the thousands. I am sure his reserve is at least 1k. How much would it take to sell yours pjtradeking?

You know, I was talking to Dangerboy about this yesterday. I would have to be in dire straights before I would consider selling any part of my collection. Also the fact that mine is signed by Jeff and personalized to me would make it even more difficult. Not sure I have ever seen one signed, let alone signed the way Jeff did mine. One of a kind collectible imho. So I guess at this point, I have no price. :)

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,719
    other than it being limited, I dont see what the big deal is
  • Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    If I'm pressing money, NOTE TO U.S. TREASURY DEPARTMENT: I'M NOT!, it's not enough to do both. Guess I'll just continue to live a Roink-less existence. Oh the ag-o-Knee.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
    Get_Right wrote:
    other than it being limited, I dont see what the big deal is

I think the fact that is was technically one of the if not the FIRST PJ collectable. That and because they were hand written/drawn by Ed and Jeff. Kind of like a rare or misprinted coin (to me anyhow). May not look like much on line, but in person, I think it is very cool. I guess it would also depend on what kind of a collector you are. If you are into posters only, I could see how this might pale to that. If you are into EVERYTHING, promos, setlists, cd singles, 45's, doormats, jack bottles and the like, then this is this is one of the pinnacles of pj imho. To each his own for sure.

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,719
    I think the fact that is was technically one of the if not the FIRST PJ collectable. That and because they were hand written/drawn by Ed and Jeff. Kind of like a rare or misprinted coin (to me anyhow). May not look like much on line, but in person, I think it is very cool. I guess it would also depend on what kind of a collector you are. If you are into posters only, I could see how this might pale to that. If you are into EVERYTHING, promos, setlists, cd singles, 45's, doormats, jack bottles and the like, then this is this is one of the pinnacles of pj imho. To each his own for sure.

That makes sense, but it just doesnt seem all that exciting to me.
    You know, I was talking to Dangerboy about this yesterday. I would have to be in dire straights before I would consider selling any part of my collection. Also the fact that mine is signed by Jeff and personalized to me would make it even more difficult. Not sure I have ever seen one signed, let alone signed the way Jeff did mine. One of a kind collectible imho. So I guess at this point, I have no price. :)
    Signed by Jeff, I would have to be in real rough shape to part with it too. Nice piece to keep for your retirement!
  • washedinblack91washedinblack91 Posts: 3,078
    reeenk roink=.....?
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,873
    reeenk roink=.....?
    heh, it was pretty much the demo tape put out by ed and jeff for record companies or radio i believe.

search twofeetthick.com i know they have a pretty in depth article on them.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

a5pj wrote:
    heh, it was pretty much the demo tape put out by ed and jeff for record companies or radio i believe.

search twofeetthick.com i know they have a pretty in depth article on them.

It is actually a test pressing of TEN. Read the article here.

http://www.twofeetthick.com/tft/readArticle.action?id=138

Mine is number 9 on the list! :)

pdalowsky wrote:
    Fuck - sad to say it's out of my league.....one day I keep telling myself.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kellybeth7/298158854/
    PJ_Lukin wrote:

"It will be mine...Oh yes, it WILL be mine!" hahaha...Brutal, but funny! ;)

• i am a targeti am a target Posts: 808
    it's a CD for christs sake. worthless.
    hobbes wrote:
    it's a CD for christs sake. worthless.

You are right, the cd itself is pretty much worthless. HOWEVER, the sleeve that holds it is not...:D....look outside the box my friend...;)

it's a cd. it's worthless. it's a poster. same thing.

are you a collector of anything? the reason this thing is so crazy is rarity, plain and simple. they couldn't have pressed more than a couple of hundred of the cds in the first place. in the 17+ years since then, however many total of them were ever signed, only a dozen or so can be identified by the collector community. now, that doesn't mean there aren't more....there might actually have been as many as a hundred originally done. but with attrition, people who wound up with them on the promo end that gave them to some girl who threw it away, or who just put them in the circular file on day one...even if after all this time with the internet and the article and the collectors sites and ebay, even if after all that there's still 3 times as many still out there that haven't been accounted for, that would still be a grand total of less than 50 that were hand-done by ed and jeff. if you break it down even further, there's probably a 3 to 1 jeff to ed ratio....and this is pearl jam we're talking about. you can say it's just a cd, but then you're sitting here posting on a fan message board for that very same band, how geeky is that?

hey, pjtaper...what's a 17 year old EMEK hand-doodled 1 of 25 worth?

just imagine if there had been a similar test pressing of the rolling stones first album, that mick and keith and david jones all did hand-drawn shit on the cover of 50 or less of them....would you say that was "just a worthless record"?

or maybe it's just me. honestly, if mine ever gets sold, it'll be due to total, last-option catastrophe, or my kid will sell it after i'm dead....

• vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Damn, 13 shows???? What are you like pressing money at home?

not the only person doing all 13 either!
    i know of one other, and several more doing 12!

5k for that is pretty rich though!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • i am a targeti am a target Posts: 808
    dangerboy wrote:
    it's a cd. it's worthless. it's a poster. same thing.

are you a collector of anything? the reason this thing is so crazy is rarity, plain and simple. they couldn't have pressed more than a couple of hundred of the cds in the first place. in the 17+ years since then, however many total of them were ever signed, only a dozen or so can be identified by the collector community. now, that doesn't mean there aren't more....there might actually have been as many as a hundred originally done. but with attrition, people who wound up with them on the promo end that gave them to some girl who threw it away, or who just put them in the circular file on day one...even if after all this time with the internet and the article and the collectors sites and ebay, even if after all that there's still 3 times as many still out there that haven't been accounted for, that would still be a grand total of less than 50 that were hand-done by ed and jeff. if you break it down even further, there's probably a 3 to 1 jeff to ed ratio....and this is pearl jam we're talking about. you can say it's just a cd, but then you're sitting here posting on a fan message board for that very same band, how geeky is that?

hey, pjtaper...what's a 17 year old EMEK hand-doodled 1 of 25 worth?

just imagine if there had been a similar test pressing of the rolling stones first album, that mick and keith and david jones all did hand-drawn shit on the cover of 50 or less of them....would you say that was "just a worthless record"?

or maybe it's just me. honestly, if mine ever gets sold, it'll be due to total, last-option catastrophe, or my kid will sell it after i'm dead....

well. long after youre dead the cd will have degraded so it's unlistenable. cds will have long since fallen off the face of the earth (stack it right next to dvds and laser discs).
    hobbes wrote:
    well. long after youre dead the cd will have degraded so it's unlistenable. cds will have long since fallen off the face of the earth (stack it right next to dvds and laser discs).

How much do you think that nice one of a kind wine bottle you supposedly have will be worth in the future? hahaha