Extremely rude merch person at Fenway

Comments

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,227
    edited September 18
    pjl44 said:
    I hope they're reading this and instruct the staff to engage like it's Dick's Last Resort for the last day of merch sales
    I'm rooting for a Waffle House level of chaos. 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,264
    pjl44 said:
    I hope they're reading this and instruct the staff to engage like it's Dick's Last Resort for the last day of merch sales
    Order posters bring me a bag of XS shirts
  • EBowie said:
    First world problems.
    Champagne problems. 

Another Taylor connection!!
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Order posters bring me a bag of XS shirts
    I said THREE event stickers and TWO event buttons goddammit 

• dgpj92dgpj92 Posts: 108
    My mother called me a bitch motherfucker once.   Once.

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,986
    tomccfc87 said:
     A few years back I was at a PJ show in London and overheard a couple of the merch stall staff talking saying that not one person had said please or thank you to them all day. So I am not surprised if every now and then one of them snaps at a customer.
    I’m going to the next London show to right this wrong. 
  • Sounds like you deserved it.

Have a great day!
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,744
    AlaG said:
    Don't go to a merch stand expecting the price to be calculated correctly every time.  Leakage.  Get in, and get the F out.  If your Large shirt fits like a Medium, get the F out.  All part of the excitement that is merch.  
    If you get the posters first and roll them up while they’re grabbing all of your other shit sometimes they don’t get rung up at all. Then if your shirt is the wrong size it’s not really a loss. Order of operations is important here.
    PRMDAS (Please remember my dear aunt Sally).

Posters
    Roll them
    Medium T-shirt when you asked for a large
    Deck, skateboard
    All the stickers & buttons
    Socks
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,460
    dgpj92 said:

Johnny Dangerously! A very underrated 1980's comedy.  

I love this thread. 
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Did the OP bring up politics when buying his merch? Did Springfield OHio come up at all? 
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,763

Merch worst experience at Fenway

Darthedvedder

So….. long line for merch, but it was moving fast. Tried to be quick when it was my turn. Got a hat and a hoodie. Only sizes left were L and 2XL. I’m like, give me the 2xl. Pay and walk about 5’ and my buddy goes, that sweatshirt looks small. Check the size, and it’s a L. Again, im like 5’ away from the table and tell the girl, hey you gave me the L not the 2XL. She’s like, sorry, all sales are final. I’m like what??? You messed up, not me. She’s like sorry, that’s our policy. Shows about to start and I didn’t want to make a scene… so I’m like, mate I can squeeze into a L. It’s snug. Write 10 club and the directed me to the merch sales, but that’s really ridiculous. I paid over $80 for a hoodie that doesn’t fit

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,264
    demetrios said:

So….. long line for merch, but it was moving fast. Tried to be quick when it was my turn. Got a hat and a hoodie. Only sizes left were L and 2XL. I’m like, give me the 2xl. Pay and walk about 5’ and my buddy goes, that sweatshirt looks small. Check the size, and it’s a L. Again, im like 5’ away from the table and tell the girl, hey you gave me the L not the 2XL. She’s like, sorry, all sales are final. I’m like what??? You messed up, not me. She’s like sorry, that’s our policy. Shows about to start and I didn’t want to make a scene… so I’m like, mate I can squeeze into a L. It’s snug. Write 10 club and the directed me to the merch sales, but that’s really ridiculous. I paid over $80 for a hoodie that doesn’t fit

To fit the thread's theme I'm gonna imagine she said "all sales are final haaaaaahd on"
  • jazzbo26jazzbo26 Posts: 684
    dgpj92 said:

Johnny Dangerously! A very underrated 1980's comedy.  

I love this thread. 
    A classic IMO
    pjl44 said:
    demetrios said:

To fit the thread's theme I'm gonna imagine she said "all sales are final haaaaaahd on"

• njhaley1njhaley1 Posts: 736
    pjl44 said:
    demetrios said:

"bitch motherfucker" 
  • DKedzieDKedzie Posts: 123

Can’t say for sure if this was you, but sounds like it…
    I saw some yelling/complaining go down between a customer and the merch staff. It looked to me like the customer was the more aggressive one. When I asked the merch guy what that was all about, he just said the customer was “yelling at me and freaking out”, so had to politely ask them to leave.

I echo others’ sentiment… If there’s no recording of it, there’s really no proof.
    The merch people are saying it was you yelling and swearing at them, not the other way around.

I’ve seen merch workers look a little impatient at times, but them swearing at you… I don’t buy it.

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,763
    DKedzie said:

I saw some yelling/complaining go down between a customer and the merch staff. It looked to me like the customer was the more aggressive one. When I asked the merch guy what that was all about, he just said the customer was “yelling at me and freaking out”, so had to politely ask them to leave.

I echo others’ sentiment… If there’s no recording of it, there’s really no proof.
    The merch people are saying it was you yelling and swearing at them, not the other way around.

I’ve seen merch workers look a little impatient at times, but them swearing at you… I don’t buy it.

Whoa!!!!
    DKedzie said:

lukeskywalkersStar Wars  Bad Feeling on Make a GIF
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • demetrios said:

I'd make a big scene over this. Idgaf
    Wrigley 7/19/2013
    Philadelphia 10/22/2013
    Baltimore 10/27/2013
    Hampton 4/18/2016
    Ft. Worth 9/13/2023
    Ft. Worth 9/15/2023
    Wrigley 8/31/2024
    Baltimore 9/12/2024
    Fenway 9/15/2024
  • tomccfc87 said:
     A few years back I was at a PJ show in London and overheard a couple of the merch stall staff talking saying that not one person had said please or thank you to them all day. So I am not surprised if every now and then one of them snaps at a customer.
    I’m going to the next London show to right this wrong. 
    This was at one of the O2 shows in 2018. I definitely made sure to be as kind as possible to them at the Hyde Park shows and it paid off when one of them went above and beyond to track down the last of the XXL PJxVolcom hoodies for me.

I always thought it would be interesting to work a bar at a venue for a year or so just to see which bands had the best/worst fanbases. Went on the football stadium tour in Amsterdam before PJ played the Ziggo Dome over the road in 2014 and the tour guide said that when they host concerts the absolute worst crowds are the likes of Tom Jones or anyone who primarily appeals to the 50+ yr old women audience. He told us that some guy who is like the Dutch version of Tom Jones played a 3 night run of shows there and they made more in alcohol sales across those three nights than in an entire season of football matches.

In the UK currently everyone is expecting the Oasis re-union concert crowds to be absolutely awful.
    2012 - Manchester (UK) 12 Jun - Manchester (UK) 13 Jun
    2014 - Amsterdam (NL) 16 Jun - Amsterdam (NL) 17 Jun - Leeds (UK) 8 Jul - Milton Keynes (UK) 11 Jul 
    2017Rio de Janeiro (BR) 21 Mar
    2018 - London (UK) 18 Jun - London (UK) 19 Jun - London (UK) 17 Jul
    2022Vienna (AT) 20 July - Prague (CZ) 22 July - London (UK) 8 Jul - London (UK) 9 Jul
    2024 - Manchester (UK) 25 Jun - London (UK) 29 Jun - Lisbon (PT) 13 Jul

Upcoming
    Ohana (USA) 27 Sep 2024
    Ohana (USA) 29 Sep 2024
    tomccfc87 said:
    In the UK currently everyone is expecting the Oasis re-union concert crowds to be absolutely awful.
    lol 
    tomccfc87 said:
    lol 
    I can't wait to see Oasis next year! Not just to hear their music again but to see how the crowds act during the shows. I've seen Oasis five times before they broke up in 2009 and they always had crazy crowds. 
    tomccfc87 said:
    lol 
    I can't wait to see Oasis next year! Not just to hear their music again but to see how the crowds act during the shows. I've seen Oasis five times before they broke up in 2009 and they always had crazy crowds. 
    I missed the Oasis craze, but definitely get a kick out of the fanbase. 

Enjoy the reunion. 
  • Who’s doing the Oasis posters? Ames?
  • The Camaros HoodThe Camaros Hood Posts: 462
    edited September 20
    Ugh. I’m doing an Oasis show next July in London and a part of me is a little terrified. Especially because I am standing on the pitch. 😬 
    Post edited by The Camaros Hood on
    Austin, TX - 9/16/95 ~ Charleston, SC - 10/5/96 ~ Dallas, TX - 7/5/98 ~ San Antonio, TX - 4/5/03 ~ Denver, CO - 7/2/06 ~ EV - LA #2 - 4/13/08 ~ Austin, TX - 10/4/09 ~ Los Angeles, CA #1 - 11/23/13 ~ Los Angeles, CA #2 - 11/24/13 ~ Seattle, WA - 12/6/13 ~ NYC #1 - 5/1/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 8/5/16 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 8/7/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/2/18 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/4/18 ~ Louisville, KY - 9/17/22 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #1 - 9/13/23 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #2 - 9/15/23 ~ Austin, Texas #1 - 9/18/23 ~ Austin, Texas #2 - 9/19/23 ~ NYC #2 - 9/4/24 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/15/24 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/17/24
  • ten474ten474 Posts: 168
    edited September 20
    Love that this thread blew up. Here is the culprit.

[Doxing removed by Admin]
    Post edited by Sea on
    2000: Los Angeles, San Bernardino
    2003: Irvine, Las Vegas, Santa Barbara
    2006: Los Angeles N1 & N2
    2011: Mexico City
    2013: Wrigley Field, Los Angeles N1 & N2
    2014: Austin City Limits Weekend 1
    2015: Mexico City
    2016: Fenway N1 & N2
    2018: Seattle N1 & N2, Missoula, Boston N1 & N2
    2021: Ohana I, Ohana II
    2022: San Diego, LA N1 & N2, Oakland N1 & N2, Fresno
    2023: St. Paul N1 & N2
    2024: Vancouver N1 & N2, Vegas N1 & N2, Los Angeles N1 & N2, Seattle N1 & N2, Dublin, Manchester, Missoula, Wrigley N2

If I was behind you and you were rolling posters I would be pissed. They have tables for that....or at least they did at Wrigley
    I was trying to roll up the posters as he was getting my other merch. 
    2024: Vancouver N1 & N2, Vegas N1 & N2, Los Angeles N1 & N2, Seattle N1 & N2, Dublin, Manchester, Missoula, Wrigley N2

Eugene said:
    How many shirts did you try on or change your mind about 
    One. 

Who calls someone a bitch mother fucker when no one is around and then runs?

Sorry you had your merch experience tainted.

I would stop buying merch.  That'll show that bitch mother fucker.  
    /
    Agreed. I felt better after that because I knew the guy was a coward.

Who calls someone a bitch mother fucker when no one is around and then runs?

Sorry you had your merch experience tainted.

I would stop buying merch.  That'll show that bitch mother fucker.  
    /

Lol. That's pretty much what he did. Ran into the back.

This discussion has been closed.