*** Philadelphia, PA 2 Fanviews Here 9.9.24 ***

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,460
    jplii34 said:
    pjhawks said:
    jplii34 said:
    I know we are all big fans of Pearl Jam and go to a lot of shows and everyone likes to say what a setlist but let's be honest about Philly 2, it was complete crap.  I have been to around 20+ shows and that was by far the worst the band has performed.  You can name it from the bad setlist with not much flow, The time in between songs where they could not get started and Ed would have to come on and talk when he wasn't expecting to, the number of repeats (even dark matter repeats) where they had other DM songs that they have played in past shows but decided to repeat the same from Saturday night.  McCready on Saturday night featured long solos but not many on night 2.  Pearl Jam has become very predictable.  I told people next to me the what the last 3 songs would be before they happened.  Predicticed "of the girl" opener and my guess is Baltimore will be "Oceans"  I know they are getting older and still better than most bands live with not playing "all" the same songs nightly, but I think they are starting to call it in.

With that being said Philly 1 I thought was awesome.  Maybe they were just tired.  If that is the case take more days off in between like the stones instead of taking people hard earned money.  There is really no reason to see them 4-5 times a year anymore because of the predictability but seeing them once is enough now.  Also, they should get out of Album tours.  I personally like the DM album and the new songs but I think it ruins their flow trying to fit them in each night

I will probably get some hate on this but please think about what I wrote and I look forward to your feedback

Thanks
    you sound fun.  if you can't have fun being in the room where one of the greatest rock and roll bands is playing, and playing with passion and playing really fucking well, then you maybe you need a new hobby.  35th show for me, can't say I've had a bad one.  Some much better than others sure, but damn they sound really good these days.  And yea they play the hits a lot, but you know what , they play those hits fucking so awesomely well you should sit back and enjoy it. They still bring it every show, there is no mailing it in with these guys. That is worth the price of admission.
    You’re one of those "Best setlist ever" people for every show you go to.  I am new to posting here and a long time member and like I said it’s ok to think Philly 2 was off.  Eddie is not on here and will not be made at you.  Grow a set
    Except I’m not a set list guy. I rarely if ever have mentioned songs they didn’t play.  Of course there are songs not played these two shows that I wish they did.  But being in the room both nights was as good as entertainment you’re gonna get.  At least to me.  
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,902
    jplii34 said:
    NK10452 said:
    I've been a member since like 96, and i am DEFINITELY there for Ten album songs.  I'm not a huge just breathe guy and I agree that the Glen song is unnecessary (although way better, to me, than sitting through Klinghoffer and purple rain), but that's two songs out of like 25.  In the pit, people seemed to love just breathe last night so it is what it is.  Different strokes.  I'm not suggesting it was like a top five show or anything (they're 60 years old -- that ain't happening), but complaints about repeats are just factually incorrect.  Purely anecdotal, but during and after the show, I didn't get the vibe that folks were at all disappointed in the show.  Whatever.
    I will backoff the Alive and Even Flow repeat as I get people want to hear those and many were not at both shows but no reason to repeat the DM songs.  There were other DM songs available to play that they have played on this tour.

RIFW to YL is tired
    Baba to Indiff is tired

Where was Setting Sun to close?
    It's like they didnt even make the Gigaton record on the tour.  DOC in Philly 2 but other than that nowhere to be found.  Do you think they are embarrased by that record?
    I’m not gonna lie, I’m a little bummed that Setting Sun has been dropped at the end and that a lot of the Gigaton songs are M.I.A. I love Retrograde and if Ed is coming out alone to start the last set, why not River Cross? 🤷🏻‍♂️ 
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • NK10452NK10452 Posts: 40
    i liked retrograde live -- that's a good call.  they're definitely acting as though gigaton didnt happen.  i think superblood would be great live.
    I'm still alive
  • I wanted River Cross and Setting Sun big time.
    Also wish Seven O'Clock was in rotation. Great tune.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,415
    How was the “rats thing” fake? It was clearly an audible.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • on2legson2legs Posts: 15,028
    jplii34 said:
    I know we are all big fans of Pearl Jam and go to a lot of shows and everyone likes to say what a setlist but let's be honest about Philly 2, it was complete crap.  I have been to around 20+ shows and that was by far the worst the band has performed.  You can name it from the bad setlist with not much flow, The time in between songs where they could not get started and Ed would have to come on and talk when he wasn't expecting to, the number of repeats (even dark matter repeats) where they had other DM songs that they have played in past shows but decided to repeat the same from Saturday night.  McCready on Saturday night featured long solos but not many on night 2.  Pearl Jam has become very predictable.  I told people next to me the what the last 3 songs would be before they happened.  Predicticed "of the girl" opener and my guess is Baltimore will be "Oceans"  I know they are getting older and still better than most bands live with not playing "all" the same songs nightly, but I think they are starting to call it in.

With that being said Philly 1 I thought was awesome.  Maybe they were just tired.  If that is the case take more days off in between like the stones instead of taking people hard earned money.  There is really no reason to see them 4-5 times a year anymore because of the predictability but seeing them once is enough now.  Also, they should get out of Album tours.  I personally like the DM album and the new songs but I think it ruins their flow trying to fit them in each night

I will probably get some hate on this but please think about what I wrote and I look forward to your feedback

Thanks
    Dave A. burner account has entered the chat. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,341
    mcgruff10 said:
    Bro they didn’t even play it. Faked 
  • on2legson2legs Posts: 15,028
    mcgruff10 said:
    Totally. Ed had to go to each member of the band individually to let them know what they were going to play.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• yosiyosi Posts: 2,991
    Finally getting around to posting today. 

The show was excellent, right from the start. Was so thrilled to hear a few songs for the first time, right from the get-go with Of the Girl! In My Tree and Alone were also great, and I gotta say, Wreckage, Upper Hand and Stevie are amazing, let them stay staples!

Im not sure I can pick a favorite set from the shows I went to (MSG 1,2 and Philly 2) because they all had what I want most: VARIETY. All the albums got represented at those three shows, and I feel super grateful for that! 

What gave Philly the edge, and it pains me to say this as a NYer, was the crowd. It was so loud and passionate. Reminded me of MSG ‘22 or ‘08 or Boston 1 ‘06. Really takes the whole thing to another level. 

I’m sad my run of shows is over, but so grateful to have made so many. To everyone else still going, enjoy it. This band. 
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• yosiyosi Posts: 2,991
    Oh, and just to add, Ed was fucking hilarious last night. I sometimes get annoyed at the banter, but it didn’t seem like it “cost any songs” and it was really funny. The guys seemed like they were in great spirits. 
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• PH40764PH40764 Posts: 24
    My 29th show, and easily in the top 10 for me. Philly arena show are my favorite PJ shows. This one didn't top 2003 Spectrum for me, but was so good.
    The new songs sounded mostly good. Wreckage might be my favorite on the album, but was the one I thought was just fine live--the others were great.
    I didn't get any new to me songs, other than the 4 off DM, but the band and crowd energy was off the charts, the setlist was solid, and I can't wait for show #30 on Thursday in Baltimore. 2013 Baltimore crowd was excellent, hoping for the same.
  • kosteva2kosteva2 Posts: 325
    Finished up my run of both MSG and both Philly shows.  I was worried going in that Pearl Jam was trending more toward a legacy act in the post-2020 era with shorter shows, more standard setlist, etc.  Definitely not the case after experiencing them live this past week.

The video board nice to look at but I'd rather see a couple thousand more people going nuts behind the stage.  More energy from the people than the video board in an arena show.  Definitely sucked out a bit of energy from MSG (although the Philly 1 crowd was so fired up don't think it made a difference).

Philly 2 had great energy but a step below Philly 1.  Overall thought Philly crowd better than MSG.  Thinking the easier transferability of MSG tickets makes it easier for the more casual observers to get in there.  Philly seemed to have a higher 10C population.  Having been to every Philly/Camden show since '98 I really appreciate the symbiotic relationship the band has with the fan base here.  There was a legit gap between the '91-'92 Dobbs and Trocadero shows and the Yield tour in '98 where the band didn't play the Philly area The band really has an appreciation for the Philly music scene.  Closing down the Spectrum was a big deal and they really "got it."  You can see Jeff staring up at the 76ers banners and retired jerseys these last couple shows.  He even leaked the 76ers City Edition jersey for the 2024-2025 season last night when he wore it during the encore (the jersey itself a nod to the Spectrum graphics).  Philly crowds for anything whether sports or music appreciate authenticity.  No bullshit.  You bust your ass here, you'll be loved.  You fake it here like the guy dressed as Santa Claus at the Eagles game in 1968 and you'll get shit.  The band gets it and the crowd reciprocates.  There's a reason Philly has such a high hit rate for "all-time" shows.  You can take top 5 Philly shows (off the top of my head 4/29/16, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/3/05, 9/7/24) and they'll stack up favorably to any other city's top-5.  

Really enjoyed the Of the Girl opener, In My Tree, Crazy Mary, Alone, and Rats bust out.  Thanks to the people on Stone's side with the "RATS" signs as EV was talking about the rats roaming the Spectrum in '09 during his solo/encore set.  Overall pretty decent balance throughout the set.  Just Breathe coupled with a Song of Good Hope nice to listen on play back but a little bit of an energy suck in real time (especially when they were coupled with Patriot, Gimme Some Truth, and Setting Sun at MSG 2).  

Thanks to all the great people in Mike's area in the pit the last 4 nights!  And thanks to security last night for doing a great job policing the pit crashers

Never miss a Philly show!
    TFC '97, TFC '98, Pittsburgh '98, Camden I,II '98, Camden I,II '00, Pittsburgh '00, Philly '03, Camden I,II '03, MSG I,II '03, Hershey '03, Reading '04, Philly '05, Camden I,II '06, Meadowlands I '06, Camden I,II '08, DC '08, Spectrum I,II,III,IV '09, Made in America '12, Philly I,II '13, GCF '15, Philly I,II '16, MSG I '16, Apollo ‘22, MSG ‘22, Camden ‘22, MSG I,II '24, Philly I,II '24
  • MM70435MM70435 Posts: 283
    Maybe the best 2 show run in a city I’ve seen since MSG 2010
    I feel fortunate that 4 of my 14 shows were from those two runs.  I did not think anything would come close to MSG 2010 but I was wrong.  I would say it is a draw between the two.

when WFS was not played in the 1st set I thought I missed out.  I don’t think it has ever been in an encore until last night and it was a welcome surprise and sounded fantastic!    It and upper hand are my top 2 DM songs (I love the whole album actually).  Also when the crowd is as into the show like it was it even makes the hits like Jeremy a treat to hear.  

00 - Atlanta                                            10 - MSG I&II    
    03 - Birmingham, Atlanta                       22 - L̶a̶s̶ ̶V̶e̶g̶a̶s̶, Camden, Nashville   
    04 - Asheville, Kissimmee                     23 -  Ft Worth II                                                                                
    08 - Tampa, Columbia                           24 -  Philadelphia I&II, Baltimore
    09 - Atlanta I&II (EV)
                    " if hope could grow from dirt like me. It can be done.
  • My Sweet 16th Show. I chased Of The Girl for a long time and now got it twice on this tour - I think this version was better than Vegas 2. Thought song 2 would be something deeper but Small Town was so good and it really got the crowd going. Corduroy/Mind Your Manners... like I said this band just likes to rock in Philly. I like them switching up the Dark Matter songs but maybe they're dwindling a little too quickly?

I think I only saw In My Tree at a festival (like a mile away - you know how it goes) - damn that was a killer version. Josh's drums really help them get closer to the tribal spirit of the studio version. Another fairly obscure song that everyone in the arena knew - Go Philly! (well honestly, half the crowd must've been out-of-towners - it was like playing the Mets, Yankees & Cubs all at once - all good come boost our economy!).

Wreckage and Wishlist were kind of dull for me. I honestly sensed a little Wishlist fatigue from this die hard crowd. The Norwegian Wood tag was kind of cool. But then that was a really great Better Man, with a nice extended SIFL. Dance of the Clairvoyants was a really nice surprise! I did see the 1st live version of that song at SeaHearNow but it was cool they revisited a Gigaton song. I think the synth/riff sound was a little off with the sound system which affected the beginning of the song.

Once was maybe in a weird spot in the set, then Upper Hand was awesome as always - but then they put up the JC Dobbs poster and this set was really gonna get going. I knew Alone got scratched on Saturday, and that was my fist time hearing it. Again the whole crowd sang the whole song. The guy next to me and I were even singing the "Go b-side" version chant during the breakdown "I can't help myself myself...." KILLER!

Jeremy is so awesome live - always fun to wear out your voice with the whoa-oas and the aye-aye-aye's. The post-encore where Eddie is talking about the Rats under the Spectrum - so Philly! But they had been showing the people with the RATS signs for a while and it was seeming pretty likely we'd get that song. Happy to have Sonic Reducer crossed off for Rats!

Anyway, he played Just Breathe instead at that point. I hadn't seen it in a while and it's a very emotional song. I'm happy justice was service for the West Memphis 3, but, like they weren't there or anything. The duet and Hansard song seems unnecessary and was a crowd killer.

But then that all ended with, where it belongs, Waiting For Stevie in the ENCORE! I saw this song in Vegas but somehow I got overwhelmed sensorily - I really took it in this time. Damn what a fucking great song! Crazy Mary is always fun - love singing the loitering part. Animal came in a great spot and then they finally got around to RATS. The band didn't forget how to play it - it sounded AWESOME! My first Rats and I'm one Glorified G from completing Vs.

I do think Rockin' is way overplayed but it's basically a Pearl Jam song at this point and it did sound really awesome - the people love it! I saw a lot of people leaving when YLB started - hope you all beat the traffic!

People were complaining about the setlist but then they were complaining Night 1 didn't have any Binaural thru Gigaton. You can't make anyone happy. (well I was happy at least!)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • MM70435 said:
    I feel fortunate that 4 of my 14 shows were from those two runs.  I did not think anything would come close to MSG 2010 but I was wrong.  I would say it is a draw between the two.

when WFS was not played in the 1st set I thought I missed out.  I don’t think it has ever been in an encore until last night and it was a welcome surprise and sounded fantastic!    It and upper hand are my top 2 DM songs (I love the whole album actually).  Also when the crowd is as into the show like it was it even makes the hits like Jeremy a treat to hear.  

Let me be clear, not even close to MSG 2010 lol
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • mshnaydermshnayder Posts: 106
    Not sure the appropriate thread to put this in but whatever…was walking a couple blocks from my house in Philly and look who I run into it!! The nicest guy
  • bigbiggzybigbiggzy Posts: 761
    So cool…
  • mshnayder said:
    Not sure the appropriate thread to put this in but whatever…was walking a couple blocks from my house in Philly and look who I run into it!! The nicest guy
    That's incredible!
  • Well it has been a hell of a week. MSG night two and both Philly shows for me, with one more left on this leg in Baltimore to come.  Overall, I am appreciative that this band still exists and is bringing it at such a high level.  As it’s been said on this board, Philly 1 was an epic show with a locked in and loud crowd. All night! Ridiculous really. Philly 2 was my 28th show and didn’t match that level of crazy energy, but it was still solid. Opening with Of The Girl was cool. The core of the set and song selection didn’t flow as well as Philly 1 in my opinion, but a minor gripe on that. The encore was great (though I can do without Glen H too) with Waiting for Stevie, Crazy Mary (phenomenal) and Rats. DOC in the core set was a standout for me too. Love that song. Would’ve liked to hear Setting Sun again (didn’t play it in Philly). 

The genuine love and banter from Ed about Philly is a real thing. They love playing here and feed off this crowd, and vice versa. I’ve had a firsthand seat for these shows over the years and it’s cool to see.  As for comparing Philly 1 versus Philly 2, a key point is night 1 was a Saturday night. People were loose and rested and fired up and boozing all day. That mattered and translated to the bombastic vibe all night. It was just a joy to experience that! Philly 2 was a Monday night.  People are back to work. Many repeaters still tired from Saturday’s craziness. The beer wasn’t flowing as much. All of that factored in quite a bit I think. I just wanted to make that point. And to give Ed some credit, because I think he wrote the setlist for Philly 1 for a weekend night show with bangers galore, and Philly 2 to fit more of a measured Monday vibe. Maybe I am overthinking that, but that is my take. Smart move. 

I thoroughly enjoyed all 3 shows and their unique aspects. Philly 1 was the clear winner for me. New York and MSG 2 was pretty damn good and a thrilling way for me to kick off this run of shows. Well worth my trip north. Philly 2 slots in third place but I still enjoyed it.  On to Baltimore on Thursday!  I’ve never seen a PJ show in this town and not sure what to expect from the crowd, but I can’t wait to see it and enjoy it with my friends!

1998 (2): Washington DC - Tibetan Freedom Fest 6/14 and Camden NJ night 2 on 8/29; 2003 (1): Camden NJ night 1 on 7/5; 2004 (1): Reading PA 10/1; 2005 (1): Philly 10/3; 2006 (1): Camden NJ night 2 on 5/28; 2008 (2): Camden NJ nights 1 and 2 on 6/19 and 6/20; 2009 (3): Philly Spectrum shows nights 1, 3, and 4 on 10/27, 10/30, and 10/31; 2012 (1):  Philly MIA Festival 9/2; 2013 (2): Philly nights 1 and 2 on 10/21 and 10/22; 2016 (4): Philly nights 1 and 2 on 4/28 and 4/29; Boston - Fenway Park nights 1 and 2 on 8/5 and 8/7; 2018 (3): London UK 6/18 and Boston - Fenway Park nights 1 and 2 on 9/2 and 9/4; 2022 (1): Camden NJ 9/14; 2023 (2): Austin TX nights 1 and 2 on 9/18 and 9/19; 2024 (4) New York MSG night 2 on 9/4; Philly nights 1 and 2 on 9/7 and 9/9; Baltimore MD 9/12. 
  • jatimbojatimbo Posts: 98
    mshnayder said:
    That’s bad ass!!! Thanks for sharing! This may be the appropriate thread to let a guy know I have a pic of him talking to Mike in a book store in Portland. My wife took it. She texted me and was like “Hey! A guy from the band is here!” I was in another section and didn’t know what she was talking about. Then she sent me the pic. We were at the show the night before. I was just proud she recognized. After all these years Dark Matter truly hooked her. Also, she went to the commencement at St John’s in Sante Fe a few weeks later, brought me a copy of the address (by the president) and said this is the same thing Ed writes about in Dark Matter. It’s good stuff! It was a cool moment. Anyway, if someone here is the guy talking to Mike in a book store in Portland, I have a pic for you!
  • MM70435 said:

whehar n WFS was not played in the 1st set I thought I missed out.  I don’t think it has ever been in an encore until last night and it was a welcome surprise and sounded fantastic!    It and upper hand are my top 2 DM songs (I love the whole album actually).  Also when the crowd is as into the show like it was it even makes the hits like Jeremy a treat to hear.  

Let me be clear, not even close to MSG 2010 lol

And you know what was better than MSG 10?  This right here was. 

https://youtu.be/6mhd7U8bBVs?si=kngV8b7kNh0qJZUn

Night 2 of 4 Philly 2009. It drives me nuts you never hear anyone talk about this version. Its the O.G. of Better Man sing a longs.
    '92 Philly 04.10
    '94 Boston 04.10 
    '95 DC 01.15 
    '96 Columbia 09.24, NYC 09.29, Hartford 10.02
    '98 DC 06.14, Camden 08.28, Camden 08.29, E. Rutherford 09.08, NYC 09.10, NYC 09.11, Hartford 09.13, Columbia 09.18
    '00 Camden 09.01, Camden 09.02, Columbia 09.04
    '03 Philly 04.23, Camden 07.05, Camden 07.06, NYC 07.09, Hershey 07.12, Holmdel 07.14
    '04 Reading 10.01, DC 10.11
    '05 Atlantic City 09.30, Atlantic City 10.01, Philly 10.03, Chicago 10.05
    '06 NYC 05.05, Camden 05.27, Camden 05.28, DC 05.30, E. Rutherford 06.03
    '08 Camden 06.19, Camden 06.20, DC 06.22, NYC 06.24, NYC 06.25
    '09 Philly 10.27, Philly 10.28, Philly 10.30, Philly 10.31
    '10 Hartford 05.15, Newark 05.18, NYC 05.20, NYC 05.21
    '12 Philly 09.02
    '13 Philly 10.21, Philly 10.22
    '16 Philly 04.28, Philly 04.29
    '18 Boston 09.02
    '21 Asbury Park 09.18
    '22 Camden 09.14
    '24 Philly 09.07  Philly 09.09  Baltimore 09.12
  • PH40764PH40764 Posts: 24
    CB197348 said:
      On to Baltimore on Thursday!  I’ve never seen a PJ show in this town and not sure what to expect from the crowd, but I can’t wait to see it and enjoy it with my friends!

Baltimore 2013 crowd was fantastic, hopefully tomorrow will match that. Not Philly level, but one of the better crowds I've been a part of. I remember Ed commenting that the energy level for a Sunday night caught them by surprise.
  • PH40764 said:
    CB197348 said:
      On to Baltimore on Thursday!  I’ve never seen a PJ show in this town and not sure what to expect from the crowd, but I can’t wait to see it and enjoy it with my friends!

Baltimore 2013 crowd was fantastic, hopefully tomorrow will match that. Not Philly level, but one of the better crowds I've been a part of. I remember Ed commenting that the energy level for a Sunday night caught them by surprise.
    It's basically Philly South. ;)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Probably somewhere around a dozen shows, mostly Philly, MSG and Wrigley.

Philly 1 had great energy from the crowd, but hell it was a Saturday and the parking lot was rocking the whole day.  Monday I took my daughter to her first show for Philly 2.. definitely less juice from the crowd than on Saturday but the setlist was super accessible for more casual fans and she absolutely loved it. Great opening 3 songs .. Alive, betterman, Jeremy .. all super fun and never a bad time..  For not being a true fan she knew 75% of the songs so for me that was a huge win. Thought the DM material was really good and sounded great.. I loved the show and always think the Philly shows are pretty special. 

As for the dude who thought Philly 2 stunk.. well what can I say.. I am old enough to know every show I go to I enjoy and I'm thankful to still be able to see them multiple times on tour.. I always leave a PJ Show feeling like I would love to to do it again the very next night.. 

FWIW - I am here to say Riot Act should get a little more love from time to time in their tour.. there I said it.. 
  • HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,140
    edited September 11
    Agree with Riot Act. Sorry Mike 😆 

Every show is going to have a little less juice than Saturday night. That said…Monday’s crowd was still waaaaaaaaay above average. Besides the hits…Alone and Rats were LOUD
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,945
    mshnayder said:
    Nice! And....Jeff rocking a GD shirt!! :skull:
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,415
    Agree with Riot Act. Sorry Mike 😆 

Every show is going to have a little less juice than Saturday night. That said…Monday’s crowd was still waaaaaaaaay above average. Besides the hits…Alone and Rats were LOUD
    What are you agreeing with that I will not agree to?! ;)
    @HailHailVitalogy
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • KB39167KB39167 Posts: 33
    I haven’t seen the written setlist, but I’m pretty sure Setting Sun was lost to Rats. I really like Setting Sun and like in the new closing spots, hate to have missed it. However, Rats was a very cool moment and an obvious highlight 
  • KB39167 said:
    I haven’t seen the written setlist, but I’m pretty sure Setting Sun was lost to Rats. I really like Setting Sun and like in the new closing spots, hate to have missed it. However, Rats was a very cool moment and an obvious highlight 
    They crossed off Sonic Reducer. I did miss Setting Sun. Sad that Rockin' came back in its place.

• rival9500rival9500 Posts: 573
    edited September 11
    Does anyone know which song it was during that Ed leaned backwards into the crowd.  I was one of them that held him up.  Trying to find a pick or video I can screenshot. 
    Post edited by rival9500 on
    1998: Pitt
    2000: Pitt
    2003: Pitt, State College, Columbus,DC, Hershey
    2004: Reading, Toledo, DC
    2005: Pitt
    2006: Cleve, Camden 1+2, DC, Pitt, Cinci
    2008: Camden 1+2, DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Columbus
    2012: Philly
    2013: Pitt, NYC 1+2