severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,344
    On top of everything else I thought they did a great job with the sound, both up in the suite level Saturday and down on the floor last night.
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,957
    They always bring it in Philly or Camden. 
  • NK10452NK10452 Posts: 40
    Went to both NYC shows and last night in Philly -- in the pit for all.  I'm a New Yorker.  The crowd in Philly is better.  The end.
    I'm still alive
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,881
    edited September 10
    I thought we might be getting acoustic Rats for a minute during the first song of the encore. Ed came out alone with his guitar and started talking about the people holding the "RATS" sign and all. That would have been something!

Then he went and talked about the philly crowds and the couples who have been together and met on Tinder. I did know one of the couple he mentioned, Janet and Mike, so that was cool, :smile:

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • I know we are all big fans of Pearl Jam and go to a lot of shows and everyone likes to say what a setlist but let's be honest about Philly 2, it was complete crap.  I have been to around 20+ shows and that was by far the worst the band has performed.  You can name it from the bad setlist with not much flow, The time in between songs where they could not get started and Ed would have to come on and talk when he wasn't expecting to, the number of repeats (even dark matter repeats) where they had other DM songs that they have played in past shows but decided to repeat the same from Saturday night.  McCready on Saturday night featured long solos but not many on night 2.  Pearl Jam has become very predictable.  I told people next to me the what the last 3 songs would be before they happened.  Predicticed "of the girl" opener and my guess is Baltimore will be "Oceans"  I know they are getting older and still better than most bands live with not playing "all" the same songs nightly, but I think they are starting to call it in.

With that being said Philly 1 I thought was awesome.  Maybe they were just tired.  If that is the case take more days off in between like the stones instead of taking people hard earned money.  There is really no reason to see them 4-5 times a year anymore because of the predictability but seeing them once is enough now.  Also, they should get out of Album tours.  I personally like the DM album and the new songs but I think it ruins their flow trying to fit them in each night

I will probably get some hate on this but please think about what I wrote and I look forward to your feedback

Thanks
    no hate here -- i disagree with most of that and thought show was really good but, hey, to each his/her own.  
    I'm still alive
  • LiftedLifted Posts: 1,836
    jplii34 said:
    I know we are all big fans of Pearl Jam and go to a lot of shows and everyone likes to say what a setlist but let's be honest about Philly 2, it was complete crap.  I have been to around 20+ shows and that was by far the worst the band has performed.  You can name it from the bad setlist with not much flow, The time in between songs where they could not get started and Ed would have to come on and talk when he wasn't expecting to, the number of repeats (even dark matter repeats) where they had other DM songs that they have played in past shows but decided to repeat the same from Saturday night.  McCready on Saturday night featured long solos but not many on night 2.  Pearl Jam has become very predictable.  I told people next to me the what the last 3 songs would be before they happened.  Predicticed "of the girl" opener and my guess is Baltimore will be "Oceans"  I know they are getting older and still better than most bands live with not playing "all" the same songs nightly, but I think they are starting to call it in.

With that being said Philly 1 I thought was awesome.  Maybe they were just tired.  If that is the case take more days off in between like the stones instead of taking people hard earned money.  There is really no reason to see them 4-5 times a year anymore because of the predictability but seeing them once is enough now.  Also, they should get out of Album tours.  I personally like the DM album and the new songs but I think it ruins their flow trying to fit them in each night

I will probably get some hate on this but please think about what I wrote and I look forward to your feedback

Thanks
    Sounds like you need to take a break
  • Lifted said:
    jplii34 said:
    I know we are all big fans of Pearl Jam and go to a lot of shows and everyone likes to say what a setlist but let's be honest about Philly 2, it was complete crap.  I have been to around 20+ shows and that was by far the worst the band has performed.  You can name it from the bad setlist with not much flow, The time in between songs where they could not get started and Ed would have to come on and talk when he wasn't expecting to, the number of repeats (even dark matter repeats) where they had other DM songs that they have played in past shows but decided to repeat the same from Saturday night.  McCready on Saturday night featured long solos but not many on night 2.  Pearl Jam has become very predictable.  I told people next to me the what the last 3 songs would be before they happened.  Predicticed "of the girl" opener and my guess is Baltimore will be "Oceans"  I know they are getting older and still better than most bands live with not playing "all" the same songs nightly, but I think they are starting to call it in.

Thanks

• jplii34 said:
    Lifted said:
    jplii34 said:

Thanks

Its ok to admit they were bad instead of always thinking each show was the best setlist ever.  If you were there for both you know
    will nitpick one thing, though:

the number of repeats (even dark matter repeats) where they had other DM songs that they have played in past shows but decided to repeat the same from Saturday night.

there were four repeats in total over the two nights.  so no-go on that.
    I'm still alive
  • battle1battle1 Posts: 127
    jplii34 said:
    jplii34 said:
    Lifted said:
    jplii34 said:

Thanks

Its ok to admit they were bad instead of always thinking each show was the best setlist ever.  If you were there for both you know
    While I certainly do not hate you, I will say you should have your ears, eyes, and head examined.  
  • Lololololololololol total crap 💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • Lololololololololol total crap 💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀
    I agree Buddy, Philly 2 was total crap
  • Simple don't go to 5 shows and the problem is solved
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • I counted 4 repeats which makes 48 unique songs out of the 52 they played over 2 nights. Wow, they really mailed it in...

NK10452 said:
    Went to both NYC shows and last night in Philly -- in the pit for all.  I'm a New Yorker.  The crowd in Philly is better.  The end.
    I haven't been to a NY show but traveling to Boston it's not the same vibe. Vegas crowds were pretty awesome though!

Hopefully the Baltimore crowd puts up a fight.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • ekim997ekim997 Posts: 201
    Loved Philly 1. Loved Philly 2. Philly 1 was better imo but no complaints about 2. Wish I could go to more!

brought a friend to Philly 2. It was his first show. About 3 songs in he turned to me and said “I get it now”. He’ll be back!
    jplii34 said:

Thanks

They band performs well every time. You are going to hear at least the same 10 songs each night. I do not think they are mailing it in. It is just much more structured. People buy tickets to hear Ten songs. But you just never know when that one great night will happen. It happened in Camden 2022. That is why I keep going. You just never know.
  • Get_Right said:
    jplii34 said:

Thanks

They band performs well every time. You are going to hear at least the same 10 songs each night. I do not think they are mailing it in. It is just much more structured. People buy tickets to hear Ten songs. But you just never know when that one great night will happen. It happened in Camden 2022. That is why I keep going. You just never know

Not buying this.  Almost the entire crowd is Ten Club members  and we are not there for Ten album songs.  Its OK to say they had a bad night.  They will not get mad at you.  The Acoustic with just Ed and then with Glen was just bad and not needed.  The RATS thing was fake.  Just a bad night for them
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,987
    edited September 10
    ^^^^ But there weren’t a bunch of repeats in Philly: Wreckage, Even Flow, Alive, I think those were the only songs that were played both nights. Edit: Oh and Dark Matter. Still, that’s VERY few repeats.

And I think they sounded freaking great both nights. The crowd sounded pretty good too 😁
    Post edited by curmudgeoness on
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • kosteva2kosteva2 Posts: 325
    I thought we might be getting acoustic Rats for a minute during the first song of the encore. Ed came out alone with his guitar and started talking about the people holding the "RATS" sign and all. That would have been something!

I was thinking the same thing and really hoping for an acoustic Rats at that moment
    TFC '97, TFC '98, Pittsburgh '98, Camden I,II '98, Camden I,II '00, Pittsburgh '00, Philly '03, Camden I,II '03, MSG I,II '03, Hershey '03, Reading '04, Philly '05, Camden I,II '06, Meadowlands I '06, Camden I,II '08, DC '08, Spectrum I,II,III,IV '09, Made in America '12, Philly I,II '13, GCF '15, Philly I,II '16, MSG I '16, Apollo ‘22, MSG ‘22, Camden ‘22, MSG I,II '24, Philly I,II '24
    jplii34 said:
    Get_Right said:
    jplii34 said:

Thanks

They band performs well every time. You are going to hear at least the same 10 songs each night. I do not think they are mailing it in. It is just much more structured. People buy tickets to hear Ten songs. But you just never know when that one great night will happen. It happened in Camden 2022. That is why I keep going. You just never know

Not buying this.  Almost the entire crowd is Ten Club members  and we are not there for Ten album songs.  Its OK to say they had a bad night.  They will not get mad at you.  The Acoustic with just Ed and then with Glen was just bad and not needed.  The RATS thing was fake.  Just a bad night for them

Nah, less than 20% are 10C members. I agree that I have had enough of Glen. I know what you are saying about Rats, I kind of felt that way about Leash at MSG. I guess the point is that, for the most part, you know what you are getting. They still play hard and Ed sings his lungs out. 
  • Get_Right said:
    jplii34 said:
    Get_Right said:
    jplii34 said:

Thanks

Nah, less than 20% are 10C members. I agree that I have had enough of Glen. I know what you are saying about Rats, I kind of felt that way about Leash at MSG. I guess the point is that, for the most part, you know what you are getting. They still play hard and Ed sings his lungs out. 
    I'm a huge fan and travel to see them on every tour.  I just do not like after each show people saying that was the best setlist ever.  Last night was actually one of the worst ever
  • battle1battle1 Posts: 127
    jplii34 said:
    Get_Right said:
    jplii34 said:
    Get_Right said:
    jplii34 said:

Thanks

I'm a huge fan and travel to see them on every tour.  I just do not like after each show people saying that was the best setlist ever.  Last night was actually one of the worst ever
    Can you give an example of the other shows you saw that were so much better than last night?  Since you are saying it is the worst show you ever saw, I'm just curious what other shows have you seen?  Again, no hate here, just a serious question. 
    I've been a member since like 96, and i am DEFINITELY there for Ten album songs.  I'm not a huge just breathe guy and I agree that the Glen song is unnecessary (although way better, to me, than sitting through Klinghoffer and purple rain), but that's two songs out of like 25.  In the pit, people seemed to love just breathe last night so it is what it is.  Different strokes.  I'm not suggesting it was like a top five show or anything (they're 60 years old -- that ain't happening), but complaints about repeats are just factually incorrect.  Purely anecdotal, but during and after the show, I didn't get the vibe that folks were at all disappointed in the show.  Whatever.
    I'm still alive
    jplii34 said:
    Get_Right said:
    jplii34 said:
    Get_Right said:
    jplii34 said:

Thanks

It happens after seeing them many times. One man's trash another man's treasure. 
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,460
    jplii34 said:

Thanks
    you sound fun.  if you can't have fun being in the room where one of the greatest rock and roll bands is playing, and playing with passion and playing really fucking well, then you maybe you need a new hobby.  35th show for me, can't say I've had a bad one.  Some much better than others sure, but damn they sound really good these days.  And yea they play the hits a lot, but you know what , they play those hits fucking so awesomely well you should sit back and enjoy it. They still bring it every show, there is no mailing it in with these guys. That is worth the price of admission.
  • NK10452 said:
    I've been a member since like 96, and i am DEFINITELY there for Ten album songs.  I'm not a huge just breathe guy and I agree that the Glen song is unnecessary (although way better, to me, than sitting through Klinghoffer and purple rain), but that's two songs out of like 25.  In the pit, people seemed to love just breathe last night so it is what it is.  Different strokes.  I'm not suggesting it was like a top five show or anything (they're 60 years old -- that ain't happening), but complaints about repeats are just factually incorrect.  Purely anecdotal, but during and after the show, I didn't get the vibe that folks were at all disappointed in the show.  Whatever.
    I will backoff the Alive and Even Flow repeat as I get people want to hear those and many were not at both shows but no reason to repeat the DM songs.  There were other DM songs available to play that they have played on this tour.

RIFW to YL is tired
    Baba to Indiff is tired

Where was Setting Sun to close?
    It's like they didnt even make the Gigaton record on the tour.  DOC in Philly 2 but other than that nowhere to be found.  Do you think they are embarrased by that record?
  • pjhawks said:
    jplii34 said:

Thanks
    you sound fun.  if you can't have fun being in the room where one of the greatest rock and roll bands is playing, and playing with passion and playing really fucking well, then you maybe you need a new hobby.  35th show for me, can't say I've had a bad one.  Some much better than others sure, but damn they sound really good these days.  And yea they play the hits a lot, but you know what , they play those hits fucking so awesomely well you should sit back and enjoy it. They still bring it every show, there is no mailing it in with these guys. That is worth the price of admission.
    Your one of those "Best setlist ever" people for every show you go to.  I am new to posting here and a long time member and like I said its ok to think Philly 2 was off.  Eddie is not on here and will not be made at you.  Grow a set
  • mshnaydermshnayder Posts: 106
    jplii34 said:

Thanks
    lol