WTF is this about needing an MLB acct to use your ticketmaster tickets at FENWAY?

123457»

Comments

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,547
    AlaG said:
    AlaG said:
    Wow - Ten Club adjacent sections now selling through MLB for $56 bucks for tonight.

I think they got to rethink the size of the places they are playing or they risk losing Ten Club memberships going forward. 

The fact that there are as many tickets as there have been for Sunday and Tuesday at Fenway Park at low prices signals the times and crowds are changing.

This would have been unimaginable ten years ago. 
    Those seats behind the net are absolutely terrible and should not be 10C seats. This isn’t 2016 or 2018 Fenway. It’s at the tail end of the second leg of a world tour on a weeknight. Demand would have been the same 10 years ago if those shows arrived around a bunch of other East Coast dates.
    It’s a Boston show - there was a time every PJ fan would get there because like NYC or Philly, it would be special. There’s no way there should be as many tickets as there are through Facebook, StubHub, CL, etc right now for $25 to $50.

People are older, shows are shorter and less eventful, there’s way less travel couples, motivation to go into the city on a Tuesday ain’t the same. To my point, they need to rethink their touring strategy - back to backs in a 38,000 seat ball park probably ain’t the sweet spot anymore.
    Yeah. I’m gonna continue to disagree with this. The other Fenway shows weren’t part of a tour. People who wouldn’t normally travel travelled for those. It’s not comparable. Also they’re charging double. This band is still more popular than they were even 10 years ago.

Edit: Also - by my count - there are roughly 70 tickets on StubHub and 50 on the MLB site. Show is still almost sold out lol.

I’m a good example, traveled to Fenway in past. This tour got in two at msg and happy with that. Getting around just ain’t as easy as it used to be.

of course once the band starts flaunting the R word (3 will be over 60 soon) things will get back to how it used to be with impossible tickets. 
  • AlaG said:
    AlaG said:
    Wow - Ten Club adjacent sections now selling through MLB for $56 bucks for tonight.

I think they got to rethink the size of the places they are playing or they risk losing Ten Club memberships going forward. 

The fact that there are as many tickets as there have been for Sunday and Tuesday at Fenway Park at low prices signals the times and crowds are changing.

Those seats behind the net are absolutely terrible and should not be 10C seats. This isn’t 2016 or 2018 Fenway. It’s at the tail end of the second leg of a world tour on a weeknight. Demand would have been the same 10 years ago if those shows arrived around a bunch of other East Coast dates.
    It’s a Boston show - there was a time every PJ fan would get there because like NYC or Philly, it would be special. There’s no way there should be as many tickets as there are through Facebook, StubHub, CL, etc right now for $25 to $50.

People are older, shows are shorter and less eventful, there’s way less travel couples, motivation to go into the city on a Tuesday ain’t the same. To my point, they need to rethink their touring strategy - back to backs in a 38,000 seat ball park probably ain’t the sweet spot anymore.
    Yeah. I’m gonna continue to disagree with this. The other Fenway shows weren’t part of a tour. People who wouldn’t normally travel travelled for those. It’s not comparable. Also they’re charging double. This band is still more popular than they were even 10 years ago.

Edit: Also - by my count - there are roughly 70 tickets on StubHub and 50 on the MLB site. Show is still almost sold out lol.
    You’re making my point - it’s not about their popularity, it’s about their touring strategy and venues. 

If this was August or even Labor Day weekend like 2018 - attendance and tickets prices would be strong.

Just like Tottenham, this was an over reach and 10C members paying $175 and dealing with tickets they can’t sell are not going to be happy sitting next to someone who is not paying 10C fees and grabbed tickets today for $50.

This tour will have lasting impacts on people’s likelihood to buy 10C tickets for big venue places like Wrigley, Boston, etc. on multiple nights. 

Stop apologizing for bad management decisions - I’m not talking about the band, I’m critiquing the band’s business decisions as it relates to pricing and touring venues.   
    "Hey, listen asshole, one more fucker throws a fuckin' quarter up here and we're outta here, I'm tellin' ya, FUCKER! What the fuck, you're blowin' it for fuckin' everybody. Hit me with a fuckin' quarter again and, fuck it, I'm outta here. We're all outta here. Fuck you, and if anyone sees someone throw fuckin' change right next to them, you have my permission to beat the fuckin' holy shit outta them."
  • AlaG said:
    AlaG said:

I’m a good example, traveled to Fenway in past. This tour got in two at msg and happy with that. Getting around just ain’t as easy as it used to be.

of course once the band starts flaunting the R word (3 will be over 60 soon) things will get back to how it used to be with impossible tickets. 
    This ^. I’ve never missed a Boston show until this year - MSG was perfect. After MSG night two, I sold both Boston shows on F2F and have no FOMO.

PJ has reached formulaic status on this tour which is understandable given their age and the amount of people who are getting into their 50s who rely on them touring for their livelihoods. 

I think they are trying to be around for 5-10 more years and frankly make as much as they can for the team that has supported them the last 35 years. 
    "Hey, listen asshole, one more fucker throws a fuckin' quarter up here and we're outta here, I'm tellin' ya, FUCKER! What the fuck, you're blowin' it for fuckin' everybody. Hit me with a fuckin' quarter again and, fuck it, I'm outta here. We're all outta here. Fuck you, and if anyone sees someone throw fuckin' change right next to them, you have my permission to beat the fuckin' holy shit outta them."
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,957
    edited September 20
    It is not just the ticket prices, it is also the travel and lodging costs which have risen to unjustifiable levels. I am also put off by the "cross pollination" of apps and digital subscriptions etc. I have enough apps and no I do not want to subscribe, thank you.

There are always tickets to be had for these large venues. People buy without knowing if they can go. Scalpers and ticketmaster hold out for the highest price for mediocre seats and then dump them. I do not think seeing 120 tickets on secondary sites means anything for such a large venue. Some of them might not even be real. According to ticketmaster every show is sold out within minutes. It is just not true, especially for larger venues.
    Post edited by Get_Right on
  • on2legson2legs Posts: 15,028
    edited September 20
    I live in NJ and did Fenway in 2016.  It felt like a cool event.  This tour I did 5 shows - MSG, MSG, PHilly, Philly, and Baltimore.  I really thought hard about going to the second Fenway show but the ticket transfer  headaches for fenway ultimately caused me to bag the idea.  I wasn’t going to drive almost 5 hours without being certain I had tickets secured.  I know most people had good success walking in with people and maybe it would have been fine.  But after 5 shows where I had a blast, I didn’t want to run into a problem and regret adding one more show.  I have no idea why the fan to fan was shut down 10 days before the show but it was the number one reason why I didn’t go.  If I could have found some decent tickets on fan 2 fan  a couple days in advance I would have booked a hotel and made the trip. Shutting down the fan to fan was really a bad decision. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,264
    I think I'm at the point where I say just make them fully transferable for a tour and see how it goes. I appreciate all the effort on this to date but there are just too many headwinds. I could write several paragraphs on all of the minor and moderate annoyances it caused for the Fenway shows.