*** Noblesville, IN Fanviews Here 8.26.24 ***

Comments

• pbultimatepbultimate Posts: 612
    rbrum7 said:
    Great show. Pit was way too tight though. 

More later. 
    Yeah, I was in Sect A, Row N and people were standing in the walkway going down to the pit. Not sure if they had pit tickets or if security just said "F it" and let them stand there. Made it a PITA to get in/out of the row for a restroom break. I got there when Glen was about two songs in, and the pit already looked like a can of sardines. People did not look comfortable. But agree...awesome show and lots of audience interaction. So glad I was able to attend. Now it's off to Wrigley Thursday night!

I was one of the people overflowing out of the Pit. I definitely had Pit tickets, a wrist band and the guy at the entrance was doing everything he could. I did not see one person in front or beside me that didn't have a Pit wrist band. 

Also, as you know from sitting in the pavilion, everyone had to have a wrist band to even get under the pavilion. So unless you looked around and saw empty seats (which I didn't), I don't believe people were rushing the Pit area. 

I just think they oversold it unfortunately.  
    Wrist band for pavilion was not required. You could get one if didnt want to keep showing phone/ticket. 

Pink was upper, green lower. Not sure what color pit was. 
  • JD87070JD87070 Posts: 253
    GlowGirl said:
    JD87070 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    JD87070 said:
    Amazing show! Was second row at the corner of the mini-extended center stage on Jeff and Mike’s side. Eddie handed me his lighter, my son got a pick from Eddie and we each got one from Mike and we both got a signed Polaroid from Mike at the end. And i handed Eddie a bracelet honoring my cousins who have passed away during Yellow Ledbetter and he put it on. Just unbelievable night. Here’s some of the pics i got.
    Awesome photos. You were right behind me. 
    Yeah i recognize you from your profile pic. You got great shots too! I cheat and bring in a pocket-sized but high quality point and shoot camera, those are really good phone pics!
    Were you the one that got the tambourine that bounced off the security guy’s head?
    Nice idea to use a point and shoot. That was me! Before that, Ed acknowledged my shirt and gave a tambourine to the security guard and pointed at me - but a kid ran up and security guard gave it to the kid. The guard said to me - "it was a kid - what was I supposed to do?" Right after that another one comes whipping my way and bounced off the security guard's head. Luckily I was able to catch that one myself.

Seems like that was just meant to be! It really was a perfect bounce too, skipped off the top of his head and kept right going. Have so much fun at MSG!
  • Dr. MattDr. Matt Posts: 204

I purposely took this pic because I don't ever remember seeing all three guys playing a tele at the same time.   In fact, I believe Mike's red tele may be new gear because I have never seen that one before.  As a gear hound, I just thought this was cool.  

I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,552
    GlowGirl said:
    This was my first show of the tour after London and Berlin were cancelled. I was so excited to be there. I had rail right in front of Jeff. I thought the setlist was great. For the new songs, I am not a fan of Wreckage, but loved Running and Scared of Fear. Setting Sun live is so beautiful it almost made me cry. I could hear that for every show. Some people didn’t like Lightning Bolt. I really like that song and hadn’t heard it in a while - so that was fun for me. The band seemed happy and most importantly healthy. Ed didn’t seem to be as out of breath as I have seen at some shows. While he did talk a bit - he also kept the talking comparatively at a minimum. They all seemed so happy to be there. I also got a tambourine during Baba (Maybe because I was wearing a WHO shirt). Also got some Mike picks and a signed Polaroid. Can’t wait for MSG. 

Great 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    GlowGirl said:
    JD87070 said: 
    Yeah i recognize you from your profile pic. You got great shots too! I cheat and bring in a pocket-sized but high quality point and shoot camera, those are really good phone pics!
    Were you the one that got the tambourine that bounced off the security guy’s head?
    Nice idea to use a point and shoot. That was me! Before that, Ed acknowledged my shirt and gave a tambourine to the security guard and pointed at me - but a kid ran up and security guard gave it to the kid. The guard said to me - "it was a kid - what was I supposed to do?" Right after that another one comes whipping my way and bounced off the security guard's head. Luckily I was able to catch that one myself.

I was standing right behind you and that tambourine was coming in fast and Ed missed it, I thought it was going to hit me in the face before you caught it LOL.  Great show, everybody around us in the pit was on good behavior, giving each other room, letting that kid make his way up to the front to interact with Ed.  Awesome show after sitting out in the heat all day.

@JD87070 I was right in front of you in the GA line all day in the blue hat.  When you finally got Mike's attention and he realized you were also wearing a Stooge's shirt he got such a big kick out of it, that was awesome.  Congrats on the lighter!

Hard to say if I'm overrating the show just because it was our first time in GA but Vitalogy is my 2nd favorite album so getting all of those were a great start.  I'd agree that Wreckage was really the only time if felt like a little bit of a lull but I was expecting 5-6 songs from the new album so not a big deal.  The band seemed to be in very good spirits and appreciating the crowd.  Only wish our daughter could have made it to the show since she was in the GA line with us last year when the show was cancelled but it was her first day of college so couldn't make it work, bringing her to Wrigley though.

Seemed like Glen cut his set short because none of his guitars would stay in tune.  He was constantly retuning between every song and even while playing and think he finally just gave up on it, the humidity probably wasn't helping with that.

Can't wait to see them again on Saturday, after that experience I wish we had GA again LOL
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,360
    On Wreckage...I actually loved it live in Vegas 2.  In Indy it didn't have the same impact.  I think it's a smaller arena song and not amphitheater song.  That said Dark Matter (the song) sounded way better in Indy than Vegas 2.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,859
    On Wreckage...I actually loved it live in Vegas 2.  In Indy it didn't have the same impact.  I think it's a smaller arena song and not amphitheater song.  That said Dark Matter (the song) sounded way better in Indy than Vegas 2.  
    Yeah, it takes a while to build to the great part.  Like Setting Sun.  
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 9,159
    GlowGirl said:
    This was my first show of the tour after London and Berlin were cancelled. I was so excited to be there. I had rail right in front of Jeff. I thought the setlist was great. For the new songs, I am not a fan of Wreckage, but loved Running and Scared of Fear. Setting Sun live is so beautiful it almost made me cry. I could hear that for every show. Some people didn’t like Lightning Bolt. I really like that song and hadn’t heard it in a while - so that was fun for me. The band seemed happy and most importantly healthy. Ed didn’t seem to be as out of breath as I have seen at some shows. While he did talk a bit - he also kept the talking comparatively at a minimum. They all seemed so happy to be there. I also got a tambourine during Baba (Maybe because I was wearing a WHO shirt). Also got some Mike picks and a signed Polaroid. Can’t wait for MSG. 

Great 
    Way to go GG. Glad you ended up with a tambo +. Whenever I see a kid by me I figure no stage scores for me. ::/

dougfloyd said:
    GlowGirl said:
    JD87070 said: 

I was standing right behind you and that tambourine was coming in fast and Ed missed it, I thought it was going to hit me in the face before you caught it LOL.  Great show, everybody around us in the pit was on good behavior, giving each other room, letting that kid make his way up to the front to interact with Ed.  Awesome show after sitting out in the heat all day.

@JD87070 I was right in front of you in the GA line all day in the blue hat.  When you finally got Mike's attention and he realized you were also wearing a Stooge's shirt he got such a big kick out of it, that was awesome.  Congrats on the lighter!

Hard to say if I'm overrating the show just because it was our first time in GA but Vitalogy is my 2nd favorite album so getting all of those were a great start.  I'd agree that Wreckage was really the only time if felt like a little bit of a lull but I was expecting 5-6 songs from the new album so not a big deal.  The band seemed to be in very good spirits and appreciating the crowd.  Only wish our daughter could have made it to the show since she was in the GA line with us last year when the show was cancelled but it was her first day of college so couldn't make it work, bringing her to Wrigley though.

Seemed like Glen cut his set short because none of his guitars would stay in tune.  He was constantly retuning between every song and even while playing and think he finally just gave up on it, the humidity probably wasn't helping with that.

Can't wait to see them again on Saturday, after that experience I wish we had GA again LOL
    Hi Doug!
    Yeah we were definitely around great people all day in line and in the pit. Was a really enjoyable experience overall, although it could’ve been a little cooler.
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl Posts: 10,787
    edited August 28
    Loujoe said:
    GlowGirl said:

Great 
    Way to go GG. Glad you ended up with a tambo +. Whenever I see a kid by me I figure no stage scores for me. ::/

Thanks. I was happy to get the MIKE picks in one go around - although they were the different colors. Still need to complete the blue MIKE and the pink MIKE. But awesome nevertheless.

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,194
    GlowGirl said:
    JD87070 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    JD87070 said:
    Amazing show! Was second row at the corner of the mini-extended center stage on Jeff and Mike’s side. Eddie handed me his lighter, my son got a pick from Eddie and we each got one from Mike and we both got a signed Polaroid from Mike at the end. And i handed Eddie a bracelet honoring my cousins who have passed away during Yellow Ledbetter and he put it on. Just unbelievable night. Here’s some of the pics i got.
    Awesome photos. You were right behind me. 

Ed missed the toss from the back and......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 9,159
    GlowGirl said:
    Loujoe said:
    GlowGirl said:

Great 

Thanks. I was happy to get the MIKE picks in one go around - although they were the different colors. Still need to complete the blue MIKE and the pink MIKE. But awesome nevertheless.

So Mike has diff color picks? I thought they were all the same. Not sure. Just watching from my backyard!
    Loujoe said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Loujoe said:
    GlowGirl said:

Great 

So Mike has diff color picks? I thought they were all the same. Not sure. Just watching from my backyard!
    I can't say for sure. But since he had the Black and White sets last time, I thought maybe he had two different colored sets this time. But maybe not.

GlowGirl said:
    Loujoe said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Loujoe said:
    GlowGirl said:

Great 

I can't say for sure. But since he had the Black and White sets last time, I thought maybe he had two different colored sets this time. But maybe not.

Zoomed in on this pic of his mic stand and from what’s in his pick holders at least, it looks like you got the whole set! 
    edited August 28
    JD87070 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Loujoe said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Loujoe said:
    GlowGirl said:

Great 

Zoomed in on this pic of his mic stand and from what’s in his pick holders at least, it looks like you got the whole set! 
    Wow. That is awesome. Thanks. I guess I got the whole set. Also, I am glad he took your bracelet. I saw you were trying to give it to him for a while. And he put it right on - so cool.

Post edited by GlowGirl on
    GlowGirl said:
    JD87070 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Loujoe said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Loujoe said:
    GlowGirl said:

Great 

Wow. That is awesome. Thanks. I guess I got the whole set. Also, I am glad he took your bracelet. I saw you were trying to give it to him for a while. And he put it right on - so cool.

Thanks! It probably worked out for the best that he didn’t take it til the end, i was barely keeping it together after he took it. It belonged to my cousin who passed away unexpectedly last month, she loved the band possibly even more than i do, so to get to give that to him and send a few pictures of him wearing it to her mom and brothers was just really special.
    JD87070 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    JD87070 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Loujoe said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Loujoe said:
    GlowGirl said:

Great 

Thanks! It probably worked out for the best that he didn’t take it til the end, i was barely keeping it together after he took it. It belonged to my cousin who passed away unexpectedly last month, she loved the band possibly even more than i do, so to get to give that to him and send a few pictures of him wearing it to her mom and brothers was just really special.
    I am sorry for you loss. That makes him wearing the bracelet extra special. 
  • jatimbojatimbo Posts: 98
    Awesome Pics!!! Imma snag a few of those. Well done Indy!
    edited August 29
    jatimbo said:
    Here’s a Google Drive with all of them that i made for someone else who messaged me. Has most of the ones i took in both color and B&W. 
    Help yourselves!  https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1sFHG4UjY7BRaQGOD36uKT8dTEMYKiX7b
    *permission has been changed so everyone should have access to the Google Drive folder now.
    Post edited by JD87070 on
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,907
    Seems like a beautiful setlist to me. Wishing an amazing time to everyone going to the shows this leg!! The feeling is so amazing.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • rbrum7rbrum7 Posts: 981
    rbrum7 said:
    Great show. Pit was way too tight though. 

More later. 
    Yeah, I was in Sect A, Row N and people were standing in the walkway going down to the pit. Not sure if they had pit tickets or if security just said "F it" and let them stand there. Made it a PITA to get in/out of the row for a restroom break. I got there when Glen was about two songs in, and the pit already looked like a can of sardines. People did not look comfortable. But agree...awesome show and lots of audience interaction. So glad I was able to attend. Now it's off to Wrigley Thursday night!

I was one of the people overflowing out of the Pit. I definitely had Pit tickets, a wrist band and the guy at the entrance was doing everything he could. I did not see one person in front or beside me that didn't have a Pit wrist band. 

Also, as you know from sitting in the pavilion, everyone had to have a wrist band to even get under the pavilion. So unless you looked around and saw empty seats (which I didn't), I don't believe people were rushing the Pit area. 

I just think they oversold it unfortunately.  
    Wrist band for pavilion was not required. You could get one if didnt want to keep showing phone/ticket. 

Pink was upper, green lower. Not sure what color pit was. 
    Pit was the light purple. Examples in the pictures the one dude posted. 
    Cleveland, OH - 8/26/98
    Cleveland, OH - 4/25/03
    Cleveland, OH - 5/20/06
    Cleveland, OH - 5/9/10
    (EV Solo) Detroit, MI - 6/26/11
    East Troy, WI - 9/3/11
    East Troy, WI - 9/4/11
    Chicago, IL - 7/19/13
    Shitsburgh, PA - 10/11/13
    Los Angeles, CA - 11/23/13
    Los Angeles, CA - 11/23/13
    Detroit, MI - 10/16/14
    Lexington, KY - 4/26/16
    Manchester, TN - 6/11/16
    Chicago, IL - 8/18/18
    Chicago, IL - 8/20/18
    (EV Solo) Tempe, AZ - 3/2/19
    Los Angeles, CA - 4/15/20 (Canceled)
    Los Angeles, CA - 4/16/20 (Canceled)
    Indianapolis, IN - 9/10/23 (Canceled)
    Indianapolis, IN - 8/26/24
  • Neillo189Neillo189 Posts: 37
    JD87070 said:
    jatimbo said:
    Here’s a Google Drive with all of them that i made for someone else who messaged me. Has most of the ones i took in both color and B&W. 
    Help yourselves!  https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1sFHG4UjY7BRaQGOD36uKT8dTEMYKiX7b
    *permission has been changed so everyone should have access to the Google Drive folder now.
    @JD87070, great pics and thank you for sharing, I thoroughly enjoyed going through them! Can you tell me a little more about your process? I do the same thing from the GA pit and just love the pictures and sharing them.  I see you were using a ZS100, but they look super clean for ISO 10,000, better than I seem to have been able to do. How did you clean them up so well? I usually limit mine to 6400 and they are still not as detailed as your pics. Thanks for sharing anything that you can! 
    edited August 30
    Neillo189 said:
    JD87070 said:
    jatimbo said:
    @JD87070, great pics and thank you for sharing, I thoroughly enjoyed going through them! Can you tell me a little more about your process? I do the same thing from the GA pit and just love the pictures and sharing them.  I see you were using a ZS100, but they look super clean for ISO 10,000, better than I seem to have been able to do. How did you clean them up so well? I usually limit mine to 6400 and they are still not as detailed as your pics. Thanks for sharing anything that you can! 
    Thanks! Not all of them were at 10,000, the lighting seemed to start quite dim and get brighter as the show went on. Toward the end some of them were at 8,000 and i think a few were even less. But anyway, i shoot in RAW and use Adobe Lightroom to make some adjustments and then run it through the Denoise function. For some of the earlier higher ISO shots i did the denoise level up to about 45 or so, but for most of the later pics it was 25-35. it’s a bit of trial and error to find the right balance of getting rid of as much noise as possible while keeping as much detail as you can. 
    And i pretty much kept the shutter speed at 1/500 all night, so that helped keep the shots nice and crisp. i probably could have gotten away with slowing it down a bit since very few of the shots were zoomed all the way in since i was so close, but i didn’t want to be standing there messing with too many settings throughout the show, so just left it.
    Post edited by JD87070 on
  • Neillo189Neillo189 Posts: 37
    JD87070 said:
    Neillo189 said:
    JD87070 said:
    jatimbo said:
    Thanks! Not all of them were at 10,000, the lighting seemed to start quite dim and get brighter as the show went on. Toward the end some of them were at 8,000 and i think a few were even less. But anyway, i shoot in RAW and use Adobe Lightroom to make some adjustments and then run it through the Denoise function. For some of the earlier higher ISO shots i did the denoise level up to about 45 or so, but for most of the later pics it was 25-35. it’s a bit of trial and error to find the right balance of getting rid of as much noise as possible while keeping as much detail as you can. 
    And i pretty much kept the shutter speed at 1/500 all night, so that helped keep the shots nice and crisp. i probably could have gotten away with slowing it down a bit since very few of the shots were zoomed all the way in since i was so close, but i didn’t want to be standing there messing with too many settings throughout the show, so just left it.
    Ah thank you! I see that’s in an update that I don’t have yet. That’s a game changer.  Thank you! Ps this is in Missoula  I was in Mikes side, pretty wide, about 4 rows back  used the Sony rx  it was ok, now excited to re run some raws  thanks again!
  • whoyouare72whoyouare72 Posts: 2,146

• chadaw76chadaw76 Posts: 292
    Solid show. Loved Wash into Nothingman and the Vitalogy run. Can't wait for Wrigley tomorrow night.
    2000: Noblesville, IN
    2010: Noblesville, IN
    2011: PJ20 Night 1
    2013: Wrigley Field, Baltimore
    2014: St. Louis
    2016: Lexington, Fenway I, Wrigley I, Temple of the Dog - NYC
    2017: EV solo - Louisville
    2018: Wrigley 1
    2022: St. Louis
    2023: Austin 1 & 2
    2024: Vegas 1, Noblesville, IN
  • BSullyBSully Posts: 1,184
    This was my first of a three show run. I had a fantastic 6 day run seeing them 3 times.
    The Dark Matter songs sound great, and even though I didn't get Tremor Christ, I love Vitalogy and that album got lots of love this past week!
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,703
    BSully said:
    This was my first of a three show run. I had a fantastic 6 day run seeing them 3 times.
    The Dark Matter songs sound great, and even though I didn't get Tremor Christ, I love Vitalogy and that album got lots of love this past week!
    same...now I'm in withdrawal. We do have Ohana tix so we have that to look forward to but I still want to be in NYC...and Boston...and Philly
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Loved the show.. got a few pics in the pit. It was crowded but everyone was cool.. I had room to move around.. we were middle back more towards Mike's side.

"And the young, they can lose hope
    'Cause they can't see beyond today
    The wisdom that the old can't give away, hey
    Constant recoil
    Sometimes life don't leave you alone."
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,174
    edited September 3
    I wonder if the Last Exit, StBC, Not For You combo near the start was getting ready for a Vitalogy album show? 

Betterman, Corduroy, Nothingman (in particular) and Immortality (a lesser extent) have been in regular rotation this tour. 

Tremor Christ has been played too (once?). 

That just leaves the rarely played ones like Whipping, Satans Bed, Bugs….
    Post edited by BrainofBGA on
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14