*** Noblesville, IN Fanviews Here 8.26.24 ***

Comments

• BSullyBSully Posts: 1,184
    I was pretty spent by the time I got home last night, so I waited till today to post.

What a great show. I was in Sec. H and my whole area was really into it. This was my son's first show and he had a blast too!

Those opening few songs were so heavily Vitalogy, and I was so happy.
    The new songs sounded great live as well.
    Quite a few surprises (Present Tense, Wash, and STBC) and a few songs that I haven't heard in a long time!

What a great night!!!
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl Posts: 10,787
    Loujoe said:
    Any guitar pick scores. Asking for a friend
    I was at rail and got 6 picks total. I actually spelled out Mike. I will post photos later. 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl Posts: 10,787
    nak said:
    Really enjoyed the GH set, but he seemed to be having technical issues with multiple guitars and appeared to cut the set early (I think he only played 30 min). Anybody in the pit or up toward the front able to tell what was happening? 

Stoked to see him again in CHI this weekend!
    He was definitely having tech issues and was getting frustrated. He threw one guitar to the ground. Shortly after that they ended the set. 
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,360
    48th show....environment where I was in the Pav was pretty good.  I actually loved this concert a lot.  I only heard 3 new songs for me (Scared of Fear, Upper Hand, and the duet with Glen) but man did I love the set.  It felt like a PJ set from years ago. 

I was there with my wife who has been to a number of shows, my daughter who has now seen them 8 times and a friend of hers seeing them for the 1st time and we all had moments we loved.  While I could do without evenflow/black....they loved them...and in the moment I love them too!  I'm not sure how/when but Corduroy has become my fav live song for PJ so it was great seeing it again!

No rarities (unless Wash counts?) but didn't matter.  I have stopped chasing merch (as much...still some) and songs and man do I enjoy the concerts.  Never know when it will be the last one I get to go to, so I'm going to love whatever they play. On to MSG....need to hear Stevie...was only slightly bummed when I saw it scratched for DM.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,703
    edited August 27
    48th show....environment where I was in the Pav was pretty good.  I actually loved this concert a lot.  I only heard 3 new songs for me (Scared of Fear, Upper Hand, and the duet with Glen) but man did I love the set.  It felt like a PJ set from years ago. 

I was there with my wife who has been to a number of shows, my daughter who has now seen them 8 times and a friend of hers seeing them for the 1st time and we all had moments we loved.  While I could do without evenflow/black....they loved them...and in the moment I love them too!  I'm not sure how/when but Corduroy has become my fav live song for PJ so it was great seeing it again!

No rarities (unless Wash counts?) but didn't matter.  I have stopped chasing merch (as much...still some) and songs and man do I enjoy the concerts.  Never know when it will be the last one I get to go to, so I'm going to love whatever they play. On to MSG....need to hear Stevie...was only slightly bummed when I saw it scratched for DM.
    yeah I was surprised to see it scratched but I would have expected DM anyway...kind of odd. Scratching UH and keeping Stevie would have been great.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Drove about 3.5 hours from Michigan, getting to the merch line around 10:30am. Met a bunch of cool others from Michigan and Philly on both sides of us as we waited in that oppressive sun and heat. You couldn't give us one cloud, Indiana, lol??? 

Having reset my expectations for what a Pearl Jam show is in this modern era, I had a fantastic time, especially with a couple seats that never filled next to us in Sec G, giving us extra dancing and bouncing room;)  

Wash was rad, maybe the second time, only, i've heard it in a couple dozen shows.  When they went through Last Exit, Spin, and Not For You, I think we all had thoughts of all the Vitalogy songs being played--- 'but why, if so, would they jump the gun on Nothingman?' and 'the Scared/React/Wreckage trio was looming.'  PJ in 2024.  Then, even if it went to a mostly greatest-hits sets after, let's be honest-- they havent played Indy in 14 years, and while we 10clubbers make up a sizeable percentage of the crowd, they aren't just playing to us.  

This was my first two shows this year, and the Dark Matter songs didn't disappoint. I've largely avoided previous performances to save my experience for being in person, and those songs really pop. There was a shot through part of the stage onto the ground that had the setlist on the screens--- and we could see Stevie was on it and cut-- darn! Hoping to hear it and at least a couple others I didn't at the next show. 

I think the crowd seemed pretty awesome from my spot 2/3's back in the pavilion. Will Ed give credit to the crowd at a lot of shows? But he did it a few times, here, and seemed awfully genuine. 

Oh! The couple that requested Lightning Bolt-- good on you, and thanks!  That song bops.. great build up, great payoff, great jam at the end! 

• jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,415
    edited August 27
    What an interesting trip. The good, the bad, the ugly all apply.

1) Noblesville is a beautiful area. Suburban Indianapolis took me back to my roots. Just driving around small towns was a blast.

2) At the Sametime, what a shit location for a 24k person amphitheater. Logistical nightmare. Build a fucking free way already for easy access.

3) Without the big city atmosphere the PJ pre-show environment of sitting at a pub blasting PJ with a strong congregation of PJ fans was surely missing. Just never had the chance to vibe it before heading in.

4) Ruoff is a nice venue for an amphitheater despite the traffic issues. 

5) Ruoff is also piss poorly managed. GA pit was way overstuffed. They need to reduce capacity by about 100 people in there. 

6) 10c needs to initiate an age restriction on GA. Geriatric fucks keep thinking they are 25. 50+ auto eliminated from pit drawings.

7) Big dude in the pit who passed out after Glen hansard... hope he's okay but when his head hit the concrete I legit thought this man died. The resounding sound of his skull cracking cement floor is still resonating in my ears. It was a vibe killer watching this man's soul leave his body. (Thankfully it returned to its host body). I don't really want to watch someone die at a PJ show. Please do something about GA policies. PJ fans are the only dumbasses in the world that don't understand limitations of age. Endless pits for many other bands never seen nothing like this but at PJ shows. This itemized point supports point 6.

8) Holy smokes the first 6 songs and I'm thinking maybe the first epic show post covid. Is PJ back?? What a high. 4 of 6 from Vitalogy off the rip? Were they going to do the remaining songs albeit out of order? A special makeup show for people who traveled TWICE?!? Pure euphoria at this point.

9) The turn. Disappointment. A lackluster finish. I made my peace with thr excessive DM repeats despite the continued dud that is wreckage live. At this point I'm back to just thinking about the dudes skull hitting the cement and fading in and out of the greatest hits.

10) Solid C- effort from the band. Indy wasn't even cold in the ground and they plugged Chicago merch. They never wanted to be there and the set showed it. 
    Post edited by jimjam1982 on
  • iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,759
    What was said about Chicago merch?
  • trundletrundle Posts: 15
    It’s usually the younger folks who get too wasted and pass out or puke or are just plain obnoxious. 
    And, uh, the band are at, near, or over 60 yrs old so are you going to tell them to start acting their age?

My alternate rule is that any 10 Clubber who yells “Sit Down” should be automatically
    ousted!

jimjam1982 said:

6) 10c needs to initiate an age restriction on GA. Geriatric fucks keep thinking they are 25. 50+ auto eliminated from pit drawings.

7) Big dude in the pit who passed out after Glen hansard... hope he's okay but when his head hit the concrete I legit thought this man died. The resounding sound of his skull cracking cement floor is still resonating in my ears. It was a vibe killer watching this man's soul leave his body. (Thankfully it returned to its host body). I don't really want to watch someone die at a PJ show. Please do something about GA policies. PJ fans are the only dumbasses in the world that don't understand limitations of age. Endless pits for many other bands never seen nothing like this but at PJ shows. This itemized point supports point 6.
  • CV16261CV16261 Posts: 2
    I thoroughly enjoyed this concert.  It was special for me because I got to take my son to his first PJ, almost 26 years to the day of my first show at Deer Creek. 

I’ve seen PJ in concert around 50 times, and at this stage of my life, I don’t really care what songs they play. I’d be thrilled if they played Even Flow for 2.5 hours straight. I’m just happy to be there. 

Alright, I do care a little bit. I wish they would never play anything from Lightning Bolt ever again. The title song from that album was the only dull point of the show for me last night. Such a boring album. The rest of the show was awesome, as usual.  

• jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,415

1) Noblesville is a beautiful area. Suburban Indianapolis took me back to my roots. Just driving around small towns was a blast.

2) At the Sametime, what a shit location for a 24k person amphitheater. Logistical nightmare. Build a fucking free way already for easy access.

3) Without the big city atmosphere the PJ pre-show environment of sitting at a pub blasting PJ with a strong congregation of PJ fans was surely missing. Just never had the chance to vibe it before heading in.

5) Ruoff is also piss poorly managed. GA pit was way overstuffed. They need to reduce capacity by about 100 people in there. 

8) Holy smokes the first 6 songs and I'm thinking maybe the first epic show post covid. Is PJ back?? What a high. 4 of 6 from Vitalogy off the rip? Were they going to do the remaining songs albeit out of order? A special makeup show for people who traveled TWICE?!? Pure euphoria at this point.

9) The turn. Disappointment. A lackluster finish. I made my peace with thr excessive DM repeats despite the continued dud that is wreckage live. At this point I'm back to just thinking about the dudes skull hitting the cement and fading in and out of the greatest hits.

10) Solid C- effort from the band. Indy wasn't even cold in the ground and they plugged Chicago merch. They never wanted to be there and the set showed it. 
    Late edit to point 11 - Rule 1 about Soundgarden is don't talk about Soundgarden unless your going to Cover Soundgarden!! What a tease that was.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,703

In response to #2: I-69 is literally right there.

#3: Pax Verum brewery had a PJ blow out before the show. Just because you don't know about places doesn't mean they don't exist

#7: I was right behind that guy (a few people in between us). I didn't see him go down but the people around him had some horrific looks on their faces. The pit being too full likely played a part in that. Same with another guy next to me that had to leave the pit because I think he was on the verge of passing out.

#10: Disagree completely....great show. T-Surt controls the merch news so not sure how that would reflect on the band.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • TheBeardedFellowTheBeardedFellow Posts: 317
    edited August 27

We came from the north, down I-69...Ruoff was extremely easy to get to and find. I'm sorry you had a tough time, you must've come from a different direction
    Post edited by TheBeardedFellow on
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 5,635
    Using what was played as a template, imagine if this was the set:

1. Wash
    2. Off He Goes
    3. Present Tense - "good evening"
    4. Last Exit
    5. Spin the Black Circle
    6. Not For You
    7. Tremor Christ 
    8. Nothingman 
    9. Whipping - "that was side A!"
    10. Scared of Fear
    11. React, Respond
    12. Daughter/It's OK
    13. In Hiding
    14. Garden (or Steven Flow)
    15. Upper Hand
    16. Waiting For Stevie
    17. Rearviewmirror
    - encore break -
    18. :utters Pry, To snippet: / Corduroy
    19. Bugs
    20. Satan's Bed
    21. Better Man (SIFL tag optional)
    22. :Aye Davinita snippet: / Immortality 
    - :a prop is placed, it's a mop; Ed "trips" over it: "...stupid mop" -
    23. Rats ("Ben, the two of us need love no more")
    24. Alive
    25. Little Wing 
    26. Setting Sun

PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    Pit was a shitshow, and really ruined the environment for those of us who had great seats around the Pit too.  As mentioned, Pit ticket holders couldnt get in so they just flooded the aisles. The security guy near me said they double sold the Pit tickets because of the re-scheduled date, but that didn't seem right since 10C never sold 2024 Pit tickets.  Not sure what/who screwed up, but I was surprised there wasn't an anger/safety/security issue.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • BSullyBSully Posts: 1,184
    edited August 27

Some thoughts from someone who's lived in Central Indiana my whole life (sad right?)

2) When this was built, it was way smaller and there was literally nothing around it for miles except I-69, both the amphitheater and the surrounding area has grown a ton in the last 30 years.

3) It's not the same as a downtown, but just a block away is a huge shopping/dining area where people always hangout before shows.

4) It's a nice venue and they keep doing things to make it nicer. Free parking, multiple merch stations, easy to move about while inside. Plus they added the "lawn gate" years ago that really helps with the flow after a show.

8) Yeah, I thought my dreams of hearing Tremor Christ was finally going to come true! :)

10) No clue what you mean about the merch, but I really didn't see this as a C- set... not even close. A few people in my area got up to leave during the DM songs if that's what you mean, but I enjoyed hearing these new songs live and they are touring for this album, so that will happen.
    Post edited by BSully on
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    To add to the "there is nothing around" convo, pretty much every amphitheater in the country is out in the sticks.  If you want bars and restaurants, probably better to stick to arena shows.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • I have been off the forum for a long time but since I was able to connect with a fellow fan to get a ticket for Indy here (I wasn't planning on going until Saturday, happy to do Wrigley only) I'll add my thoughts. 

I stopped counting my shows but first was in ''94 and I've never missed a tour until they cancelled Vegas a few years back. 

This was a solid, well played show (two ed lyric flubs that I could count but that's ok). Being waaay on Mike's side in section D, I could hear every one of Stone's solos (and this show was packed with them). That made my night. And like everyone else said, the first six songs were terrific. 

I don't understand the hate for the setlist and saying it was "hits." No Small Town (shocked they didn't play that here), no Better Man. 

Corduroy coming in the encore was nice and I dig hearing Lightning Bolt. 

We could all tell GA looked awful, especially with how warm it was. I'm expecting Wrigley to be more open as usual in GA. 

This being my first experience with this new screen backdrop I wish they had more fleshed-out visuals for non-DM songs. DTE had good stuff, Porch had what looked like a Rearview mirror on the screen (also the spot in the setlist they often play RVM too). That was my only real complaint or constructive criticism. Oh...and the screen visuals gave me hope for a run at the Sphere in Vegas. 
    New screenname for the new site. At least for now. Previously Lackofdave
    Blogging at <a href="http://www.dadtherapy.com">Dad Therapy</a>
  • Also, another commenter was right. Lollapalooza 1992 never played in Indiana. Closest would be Tinley Park IL which is another shed venue. Both PJ's own site and wikipedia both confirm no Lolla gig in the state of Indiana. Can't really believe Ed would go through all that and get it wrong but...well I forget shit all the time myself. 
    New screenname for the new site. At least for now. Previously Lackofdave
    Blogging at <a href="http://www.dadtherapy.com">Dad Therapy</a>
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,194
    GlowGirl said:
    nak said:
    Really enjoyed the GH set, but he seemed to be having technical issues with multiple guitars and appeared to cut the set early (I think he only played 30 min). Anybody in the pit or up toward the front able to tell what was happening? 

Stoked to see him again in CHI this weekend!
    He was definitely having tech issues and was getting frustrated. He threw one guitar to the ground. Shortly after that they ended the set. 

yeah. I noted the second center stage mic stand. was expecting shorty to come out before they walked off.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • keeponrisinkeeponrisin Posts: 109
    Pit was a shitshow, and really ruined the environment for those of us who had great seats around the Pit too.  As mentioned, Pit ticket holders couldnt get in so they just flooded the aisles. The security guy near me said they double sold the Pit tickets because of the re-scheduled date, but that didn't seem right since 10C never sold 2024 Pit tickets.  Not sure what/who screwed up, but I was surprised there wasn't an anger/safety/security issue.

There were numerous no wristband fans that increased capacity substantially from my vantage. Also would have been better if the guy holding up the shirt every time he thought Ed was looking at him actually should have been there and had a wristband. Thanks for that. Killed many views. 
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,497

There were numerous no wristband fans that increased capacity substantially from my vantage. Also would have been better if the guy holding up the shirt every time he thought Ed was looking at him actually should have been there and had a wristband. Thanks for that. Killed many views. 
    Human beings suck. 
    So many people in this world only care about themselves.
    I would have set his shirt on fire, and not given a rats ass. 
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • RiotAct10RiotAct10 Posts: 1,618
    This was my 29th show, and hands down the closest I have ever been. Struck out in 10 club presale, but then bought a lawn, then got a single near back of pavilion, then got a single near front, then got a GA ticket, then drove over 2 hours, just to turn around and go home in 2023. But it all worked out on many levels, because that led to me making a last minute trip to Fort Worth night 2 which was an awesome show.
    As for this one, as I said, I am not a pit person for a variety of reasons, but this seemed like the best opportunity for me to have a close view. Yes, it was crowded, but it really didn't mess up my vibe or enjoyment. Still can't believe how close I was.
    As mentioned, the show started off hot, and not just the weather. Got to see Wash for the third time, and first since PJ20 in 2011. The first thee of Vitalogy in a row was great, but I obviously recognized Nothingman had been played, so an album show in the traditional sense wasn't happening. Other then that, for me, it was all about soaking in these songs with my favorite band standing a few yards away, meaning I enjoyed Even Flow and Daughter just as much as ever, getting to be so close. Running was the only new song for me, but that is to be expected at this point. 
    A nice hot summer evening in central Indiana. Next up, shows 30 & 31, at Ohana.
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth | 6.22.24 Dublin | 8.26.24 Noblesville
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • DM55541DM55541 Posts: 23
    10th show.  1st was in 1998, so some big gaps along the way.  

Ruoff:  I easily parked at 6:30PM in the free lot and no problem getting out quickly.  Parking woes are either over exaggerated or I was lucky.  Nice of the venue to let attendees bring in sealed water.  I had a propel (flavored water) and that was a no no.  Security reacted like I was smuggling drugs.  'He's got a PROPEL'.  It was odd and made me laugh.  I was in section F.  Crowd seemed great from my point of view.  There was a nice breeze coming through the pavilion.  

Merch:  Did not participate : )

Glen:  I adore Glen Hansard.  I'm probably a bigger GH fan over the last decade than PJ.  I've seen him before and he plays with so much joy...but not tonight.  He mentioned not being able to hear the piano during "when your mind's made up".  He motioned to it a few times during the song.  Next song something was up with the guitar tuning and he looked pissed.  Done at 30 minutes when previously mentioning that they would play 45.  

Pearl Jam:  As mentioned, the beginning was on fire with Wash, Present Tense, and 4 Vitalogy songs.   I liked the visuals on DTE and the Dark Matter songs.  The band sounded great.  Only now with a day to dissect can I look at the setlist and see it is Dark Matter and perhaps greatest hits heavy.  Aside from Dark Matter songs and the Glen cover (highlight!), I didn't add anything to my 'seen list'.  In the moment, it was awesome.  I sang loud and proud.  That's what matters.    
  • theebradnesstheebradness Posts: 280
    hmmm. Glad I sold my lawn seats. On paper that set seems quite boring. That's hard to say when actually seeing it live though, so maybe in person it vibed.
    Lollapalooza 1992 Mansfield MA
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.
  • Kari_JKari_J Posts: 11
    Show 84 for me - had pit tickets for me and my 10-year-old's first show. I'm glad I had him pound water all day, and the venue security were top notch for folks in the pit. Countless trays of cold cups of water, diligent attention paid when people were struggling, and little fan misters they kept passing around. I 'retired' from GA long ago, but came out of retirement so each of my boys could get a rail show. Thanks to everyone in the GA line who took him under their wing! Coop was rewarded with a handful of picks and a setlist. After waiting in line all day, I think he was running out of gas but perked up when they played Baba (I know it's overplayed but it's one of his favorites.) From my perspective, it appeared that the band were in great spirits and having a lot of fun. We did, too. See you (from the seats, thank goodness) at Wrigley. Posting a picture of the picks for someone who asked.

• JadlerJadler Posts: 761
    Kari_J said:
    Show 84 for me - had pit tickets for me and my 10-year-old's first show. I'm glad I had him pound water all day, and the venue security were top notch for folks in the pit. Countless trays of cold cups of water, diligent attention paid when people were struggling, and little fan misters they kept passing around. I 'retired' from GA long ago, but came out of retirement so each of my boys could get a rail show. Thanks to everyone in the GA line who took him under their wing! Coop was rewarded with a handful of picks and a setlist. After waiting in line all day, I think he was running out of gas but perked up when they played Baba (I know it's overplayed but it's one of his favorites.) From my perspective, it appeared that the band were in great spirits and having a lot of fun. We did, too. See you (from the seats, thank goodness) at Wrigley. Posting a picture of the picks for someone who asked.

That’s awesome! I thought Stone was down right giddy all night. Made the show for me seeing how happy they all looked. 
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,258
    This was easily my least favorite PJ show I’ve been to. I thought we were going to get an epic show based on the start, especially the first 6 songs. Once they hit Wreckage it just felt disconnected the rest of the night. I will say Mike was on absolute fire all night!  I also very much enjoyed the Dark Matter songs except Wreckage. That one was a total miss for me live which was strange cause I like the album version. Anyway, it’s always fun to see them but this wasn’t anywhere close to the Pearl Jam I’ve been seeing for 30+ years
  • KC138045KC138045 Posts: 2,716
    i don’t know what show you all were at but I thought it was incredible. Seeing previous setlist on this tour I knew what to expect with the new songs that all sounded great btw. The first 6 songs kicked ass and they ended strong with a string of traditional closers.  The crowd was juiced and the band seemed to feed off of us.  
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • KwienekeKwieneke Posts: 1,562
    And then Eddie didn’t say “fucking trip” did he?
    That was the funniest part about it to me
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
    Seattle 5.30.2024  Noblesville 8.26.2024  Chicago 8.29.2024  Chicago 8.31.2024